PDA

View Full Version : The Remnant Wars: Counter-Strike

Admiral Lebron
Apr 5th, 2003, 06:08:16 PM
The three-seventeen expeditionary forces had been redeployed to Dasicaar nearly two months after the first attack. Since then, there had been nothing. An unseemly calm had fallen upon the Imperial Remnant, many analysts thought it to be the calm before the storm. The Remnant had spent millions of credits and hundreds of hours to rebuild their fleet. They still had no star destroyer class ships.

Private Timron Stark of the three-seventeen EU like many of his compatriots had never experienced a real battle; he felt though, that when the time comes and the bolts go flying, his training will prevail over the natural insticts of the human mind. Tim saw his best friend Chip Lorp (a fellow private) walking towards him with a look of excitement.

"We're moving out." Chip said in his excited tone.

"When?"

"Tonight... three hours really."

"Where?"

"Thulsa."

"I thought it was wiped out?"

"Its been rebuilt said the sarge."

"Whens the breifing?"

"Thirty minutes." Thirty minutes was too long for the two soldiers. But finally it came, and they along with the rest of their platoon met in a breifing room to be briefed.

"Thulsa. Planet number five in the Sorini system. A forested planet with a few oceans. The Three-seventeen EU will be hitting it. Good luck gentlemen." Talk about breif.

Remnant Forces
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:04:34 AM
The forces of the three hundred and seventeenth expeditionary unit had amassed on Dasicaar and made the short hop to Thulsa. The planet Thulsa had been the site of a very viscious and bloody battle not to long ago-- not to mention the fact that a seven mile long ship--as well as repulsator craft--was berthed here in secret.

The Three-seventeen's Alpha and Beta companies of the 1st Regiment in the 2nd Brigade were the first ones to go. Luck had chosen them to be the first, but they would be backed up rather hastily by three other companies with more to follow as well as calvary units. If all went well, the advance forces of the Three-seventeen would set up landing zones. If everything went to hell, there would be no landing zones.

The transport Aidu streaked over the night sky, somewhat stealthy. On the ground, they began to react to the single transport that flew over their airspace. Within seconds four TIE fighters took to the air in hot pursuit of the Aidu. But they were too late.

The hundred and sixty some-odd men had already jumped ship and were headed towards the ground at maximum velocity. And two of the TIE's had seen it.

Remnant Forces
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:17:04 AM
Operation Open Door
Planet Thulsa

Private Stark fell towards the planet with an unequaled rush of blood to the brain. His adrenaline was pumping and mentally he was ready to kill whoever got in his way. A perfect soldier. Then it happened.

From the corner of his right eye he saw a fellow squadmate dropping, then suddenly out of nowhere to green bolts of death lanced out at him and blew his flesh into cinders. Then from his falling ashes flew out an Imperial TIE fighter. Despite the fact the TIE was considered crap amongst space engagements, in this enviorment where the prey was sitting ducks, they were god.

"What the frell?!?!" The squad comm channel burst alive.

"What happened?! Anyone see?" Demanded the squad leader, a Corporal Elite named Kien.

"Its a TIE Fighter!" screamed out someone. Stark confirmed.

"Mother of god... we are sitting du--" The Corporal stopped talking midsentance. A burst of fire followed instantly. And just as quickly did the seven remaining soldiers begin to argue who was next in command.

"Its Stark!" Cried out his friend, Chip Lorp, "He's got noble blood!"

"He does?" Replied Ke Eith.

"Yeah... I do." Stark admitted modestly, "Parachute in ten." He advised. Stark pulled his chute, and looked out over the horizion, he saw the TIE's harassing other squadrons and platoons. The rest of the fall was rather uneventful for them.

Remnant Forces
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:21:43 AM
Once on the ground, Stark called together his squad, and went to meet the Platoon leader, a young Seargent named Jin Opek. He was a remarkably good leader, but most considered him far too green to have that high of a command.

"I want loss reports now." Opek demanded from the squad leaders after he set up a perimeter.

"Second squad lost one." Reported Corporal Elite Lik.

"Third lost two. Including Kien." Reported Stark.

"You incharge Stark?" Said the sarge.

"Yes sir."

"I am giving you a field promotion to Private First Class. The squad is yours."

"Thank you sir."

"Lik, take your guys to the right flank, Stark on the left. We need to push about ten kilometers in the next hour to rondevous with company."

"Yes sir." They both responded and moved out.

Remnant Forces
Apr 17th, 2003, 11:36:59 PM
The newly promoted Private first class Stark pushed his squad forward. Having already stripped off their drop-gear there walk through the woods was almost enjoyable, if not for the fact battle would soon occur. All they knew was that they were heading towards company, which had formed up with the regiment. All was going to plan.

Several miles later they came to a complete stop. They were at their destination. A three and a half mile square block. On the east side was a natural wall of rock, on the west there fell a drying stream bed that could become a trench. Inbetween both was lightly forested area. A perfect landing zone.

"Boys, we have been given a hundred meter block to work with." Said the Sarge, "We need to clear it of trees and brush and move it all to the north side."

"What are we doing sir?" Asked a soldier in the back.

"We are fortifying a landing zone backslash base of operations."

"Understood." He replied

"Now move out!" Barked the Sergeant.

Admiral Lebron
Apr 22nd, 2003, 08:31:29 PM
Lebron Castle, Kamaar

"M'Lord," an uncertain voice wavered through the air; "The Shoto is completed."

Admiral Lei Lebron eyes popped open gleaming the soldier in his eyes. As usual, Lei was in his bed in his room. His eyes darted around briefly then a grin swept his face from ear to ear.

"That is most excellent Ensign."

"I'm a private sir." His voice frosted with frustration.

"No! Correction! You were a private."

"Yes sir!" His tone became more joyous.

"Dismissed." Lebron murmured. The Ensign exited the room in haste.

Remnant Forces
Apr 22nd, 2003, 08:40:43 PM
Thulsa

They had spent more than a day removing trees and brush. Filling in holes and ditches with dirt and leaves. They had fortified the entire block or more less; sending the trees of all shapes and sizes to different parts to act as makeshift walls. By nightfall the first ship came in-- an old Gallofree transport.

The Gallofree one of two in the Remnant fleet was used to carry supplies to troops. The ship had delt with little harassment when it began to land as the squadron of TIE Defenders that defended it, did there job. Tents, food, and water were among the supplies carried in the gallofree as well as long range communications units and spare munitions.

"Why don't we just bombard them from the sky into nothing." Asked Stark to the Sarge.

"Sensor dampeners. Lots of them."

"Hmm?"

"They have constructed a system of sensor dampeners all over the planet. They overlap so we can't find them and they make tracking anything below the tree line impossible without some sort of eyes on the ground. So, we are moving in for a land invasion... Naturally."

"Oh."

"Yeah... go get your rest, tomorrow we move out."

Remnant Forces
Apr 22nd, 2003, 08:53:22 PM
By daybreak the entire Three-seventeen expeditionary forces unit had been assembled on the surface of Thulsa as well as elements of the 15th light calvary division. Advanced intelligence had put the Allies bases within a hundred miles of any direction. Quite a large chunk of ground to cover.

That is why the 15th Light calavary had been called up. The drove 74-z speeder bikes with remarkable skill. They brandished titanium alloy blades--crafted for maximum wind resistance-- as well as blasters on the craft and small hand-held ones.

Lieutenant Joo Shik was incharge of the 2nd Light Calvary company that was there. Under him he had over hundred of the best speeder pilots in the Empire and he intended to use them. There were three companys on Thulsa, each comprised of 112 men.

"Listen up guys. I don't want no heroics. Go out in your pack to your designated spot then come back, report what you saw. Try not to engage any enemy." Shik ordered.

"Sir Yes Sir!" The company replied back in unison.

Admiral Lebron
Apr 29th, 2003, 07:34:05 PM
It had come as a complete and utter surprise to Imperial High Command at Kamaar. The thought of anyone using weapons so uncontainable and so dishonorable was unthinkable and unplanned. What had occured on Thulsa would set things over the top.

Admiral Lebron rarely sat in a chair, but today-- this moment was one of those times. Strangely it seemed as though the Admiral was not crazy or reckless at this moment but a calm, calculating man. A true leader.

"Double the shifts and pay on the drive yard workers. We need ships."

"Yes sir." Someone replied to the Admiral.

"What is the latest status of the Quad-Allies?"

"Well sir, they seem to no longer have four members. They have expanded to six, including a farm world as well as a densely populated planet, but primative." An analyst reported.

"Primative?"

"They lack hyperdrive and deep space capabilities as well as blaster technology. They appear to be used primarily as shock troops and as builders."

"I thought they were primative?"

"They can weld metal together though."

"I see. What are they called?"

"Er'uu'Ka." He paused, the Admiral had a look of puzzlement; "E-Ks for short."

"Excellent." Lebron grinned.

"Pull our troops off of Thulsa and prepare to move against Sorini."

Admiral Lebron
Apr 29th, 2003, 07:47:50 PM
Two days prior

Lieutenant Joo Shik and his men had dashed benneath the canopy for nearly an hour, when in the distance they saw an enemy base. Most likely the only one, given its massive size. Had it not been the fact they were about three hundred meters out of laser range, they would have been toast.

"Turn around and head back to base. FAST!" The Lieutenant ordered. His men obeying in the nick of time. Assualt vehicals began to move out against them, charging at their rears.

While it was Kamaar tradition not to turn and run, in a reconosiance mission, they had to survive to report back to their commanders. Despite the fact it greatly pained the troops to do this, they did. Once they returned they reported their findings to the Colonel incharge of the Three-Seventeen. Battle would be soon.

Remnant Forces
May 11th, 2003, 10:28:02 AM
"Well boys and girls, we're screwed." Remarked the Sarge with a tone of sorrow. He locked eyes with an assortment of people in the squadron, then he told them. "We aren't attacking."

"Whaddya mean Sir?" Or variants of it were spoken throughout the platoon.

"Well, command decided it be better if they rotated units. So we will be cleanup on this one." Depressing sighs came from most everyone. Kamaar which had been built of militaristic ideals had a long tradition of military. Everyone went into the academy and became a trooper. They would spend nearly eighteen years perfecting themselves as a warrior then prayed everyday that they would be able to fight a battle.

"Dismissed." His head was hung low and his voice conveyed his emotion. Stark and Lorp headed back to their tent, along with a few others while the rest went about their own business.

"I found out my brother went to Ik'Jhon last week." Stark sparked the conversation.

"Ik'Jhon ... wow." Chip was amazed, Ik'Jhon was the most prestigious academy on Kamaar. Most of its alumni usually went off to become a member of Kamaarian Defenders of its Interests or a Whisper. It was also the smallest school. "Hey Tim, where did you go?"

The Private first class stopped walking, and look at his friend. "I went to Ik'Jhon."

"What the hell?! You go to Ik'Jhon and you become cannon fodder?!" Chip seemed outraged.

"I wanted to be out here."

"Why?!?"

"I guess its because my parents got me a job at fleet command. I decided I wanted to fight. So I enrolled in the jumpers. "

"You're messed up." Chip chuckled and walked off.