PDA

View Full Version : I met chewie!!!

Leeloo Mina
Apr 5th, 2003, 04:03:42 PM
Ohohohohoho!! :crack

I went to a star trek convention and peter mayhews(sp?( was there :D I got his autograph and stuff...yay! He was pretty tall, he had to duck to get through a normal door. He told a few stories about being on the set and stuff :crack My dad took some pictures, If I can get them from him I'll post 'em.. I have no idea why he was at a star TREK convetion, but I got to meet him :D

I also got two new trek shirts, I'm not a big star trek fan. but I really like their shirts.. so next time I go on the cam I might be a redshirt :crack or a first officer.

It was a small convention but I still had fun ^_^

Kelt Simoson
Apr 5th, 2003, 04:26:40 PM
*mumbles something about her having all the fun* :grumble

:D, glad you had fun, and you met chewie?

:grumble again.

Leeloo Mina
Apr 5th, 2003, 09:37:58 PM
And then I went to this comic book store called meta games and bought this cool chair stacking game and spent like four hours doing that with three of my friends
I've had a great day :D

Dae Jinn
Apr 5th, 2003, 09:41:46 PM
Coolness Leeloo :D

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 5th, 2003, 11:05:49 PM
Man, no Conventions happen up here... Except that LOTR one with Wormtounge, but they didn't advertise anywhere and I only learned about it the day after it happened.

Luck for you Leeloo

Leeloo Mina
Apr 6th, 2003, 06:04:25 AM
Thankfully my dad knows most of the people that run the conventions here and he started going to them when they first started... so I dot usually miss them :D

Oriadin
Apr 7th, 2003, 05:05:48 AM
Ive seen him too. His hands are huge but not as big as his hair. Dont think he needed much makeup! :lol

Leeloo Mina
Apr 7th, 2003, 03:51:45 PM
:lol!!

Yeah, that's true.. he sure has alot of hair.

I wonder if he has a collection of chewbacca stuff, I should have asked him but I didnt think of it. If I was in a movie as popular as SW I'd want all the actrion figures and etc that I could get :D

Brask
Apr 8th, 2003, 01:42:05 PM
*turns green with envy*

Sable
Apr 9th, 2003, 10:27:31 AM
You can meet many of the stars and actors from Star Wars as well as Star Trek and many other films, comic books, etc at a convention known as DragonCon (http://www.dragoncon.com) . Anyone here ever been to that? In fact, is there anyone here who is into replica props and costuming?

Beldarine
Apr 9th, 2003, 11:45:07 PM
Leeloo, I know what you mean. I met him and Jeremy Bulluck (Boba Fett) at a comic book store in Orlando, gosh.. about six years ago. He's huge. Bulluck (am I spelling his name right) was a doll, such a sweetie.

And I'm considering going to Star Wars Days at Disney's MGM studios.. but there are two problems. First, Disney is way too overpriced, and second I have a burning hatred for Mickey the Rat.. so I have not visited Disney's parks in over six years (I still go to Sea World and Universal/Islands of Adventure).. but it's STAR WARS, ARGH!

Trust me, if you lived in Orlando, FL.. You would hate Disney as well. Scumbags, the lot of them.

Brask
Apr 10th, 2003, 03:21:39 AM
Briefly I agree with Beldarine. They stole Winnie the Pooh. I once asked a kid who created the lovable bear

"Walt Disney!" came the prompt reply.:(

But it is Star Wars. Go there, take a light sabre and slice mickey in two!>D

Beldarine
Apr 10th, 2003, 09:20:53 AM
Yeah but I can't find out who is going to be there on what day.

And the thought of spending $50 on it turns my stomach... I'd pay $50 for DragonCon, because THAT'S awesome.

I have a sinking feeling this is going to be sissified Disney crapola.

Kaytor Surna
Apr 10th, 2003, 09:42:24 AM
That must have been cool.

We have a few convinsions down here. Comic Con is the one I go to............... Which reminds me

*Needs to go finish her costume for it.

Beldarine
Apr 10th, 2003, 10:52:14 AM
I tried to start a costume once.

Yeah, that worked pretty well. I think I still have the materials and everything.. But when it came to sewing, I just couldn't do it.