PDA

View Full Version : Renewed hope for humanity...

Beldarine
Apr 5th, 2003, 02:53:31 PM
You know, this article really gave me renewed hope for the future of humanity. That someone could risk his, and his family's, life for someone he didn't know is amazing.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/5552797.htmv

Hart
Apr 5th, 2003, 09:06:56 PM
No matter what his motives were, that was a brave thing he did. Ms. Lynch should feel lucky he was there.

Lady Vader
Apr 6th, 2003, 10:24:06 PM
That is a touching story. It gives me much hope.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 6th, 2003, 11:43:00 PM
"This was very dangerous for me because American soldiers shoot," he said, throwing up his hands in the air to show how he carefully approached what turned out to be the U.S. Marines.

Must of been listening to Saddam's Lies. Very Glad he was brave enough to put that lie to test and listen to the truth in his heart.

ReaperFett
Apr 7th, 2003, 01:46:22 AM
No Dyzm, American soldiers DO shoot. For example, the seven women and children in the car.

The thing is, they were most likely RIGHT to do that. If a car doesnt stop at a checkpoint, can you trust it? I doubt that.

But the thing is, no matter how you read it, they do shoot. And if they didnt shoot, they wouldnt carry guns, would they?

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 7th, 2003, 02:04:39 AM
Well... Hmmm, didn't hear about the women and children. But I did hear about how many Iraqi Fighters hid as Civilians and opened up after going through checkpoints.

But I was refering to the Iraqi Propaganda about how the Coalition Forces just line you up and shoot you, Children, Women, Peaceful men and then throwing the bodies into pits.

Zasz Grimm
Apr 7th, 2003, 06:42:37 AM
I also did not hear about the women and children. I would have done the same as the troops though. Who wouldn't? You risk the lives of countless people if you don't shoot. (But this is not the issue.)

And this does show hope. A touching and good story, an extremely courageous man. I hope there are many more like him.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 7th, 2003, 02:22:55 PM
This world is a bad place, you know? And it seems that all it does is get worse by the day. But you know, when the world was made, it was good. And as long as there is still a little bit of good left in the world there is hope. It really keeps you going.

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Apr 7th, 2003, 04:44:29 PM
Originally posted by Wei Wu Wei
This world is a bad place, you know? And it seems that all it does is get worse by the day.

Actually, considering that people like Ali Hassan al Majeed are going the way of the dodo bird every day, I'd consider that the world is getting a little bit better.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 7th, 2003, 05:55:05 PM
I agree entirely, Charley. The world is getting to be a better place. The world has always been good. God made the world, and it was good. But there is a lot of bad in it. But because God made it, the world will always be good. So I agree that the world is getting better. It's returning to the way it was.