PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been watching the Animatrix shorts?

ReaperFett
Apr 5th, 2003, 11:18:56 AM
*cringes at name*

:)

From www.intothematrix.com

So far, there are three. I review them here:

THE SECOND RENAISSANCE PART I
It was quite good. Felt a bit too much like every other "Robot takes over world" story beginning, but was a good one. 7/10

PROGRAM
Rubbish. It felt like a chore to watch at times. 3/10

A DETECTIVE STORY
This one I actually really liked. A good story. Better than the movie :)9/10

Darth Viscera
Apr 5th, 2003, 03:03:46 PM
I love the Second Renaissance. Part 2 is coming out in May.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 5th, 2003, 03:05:13 PM
I've watched the first two, and they were alright :) Didn't like the second one so much, but good none the less.

Figrin D'an
Apr 5th, 2003, 11:12:12 PM
Are these shorts being put in front of major film releases too, or it this just a website thing? Wasn't there some kind of short that was going to be in front of a film? Forgive my ignorance, I haven't been keeping up on the Matrix sequel stuff, other then a few tidbits here and there...

There was a new commercial trailer for "Reloaded" on during the NCAA Final Four coverage this evening (at least I think it was new). It looked flashy and "pretty", from an effects standpoint. I'm still not really excited about the film though... I'll see it, but I'm not gonna rush out on opening night or anything.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 8th, 2003, 05:11:45 PM
I liked them so far.

But now I gotta go watch Dreamcatcher to watch the 15 minute CG Short Movie... Then I gotta go rent the game. YOU need to Watch everything and play everything to get the entire details! now thats what I call good marketing.

Sanis Prent
Apr 8th, 2003, 07:22:10 PM
:x @ animatrix