PDA

View Full Version : Your Earliest Training Thread

Syrius Cline
Apr 5th, 2003, 02:02:26 AM
I recently went on a search for Syrius' first training thread.

http://swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13945&highlight=Syrius+Cline+Training

Please excuse the highlighted bits. I didn't know how to take that part out of the URL without messing it up. :)

I looked for it so I could have a better feel of his beginnings and where he is. That's probably the farthest he's gotten in a year, in that thread. Due mainly to my frequent MIA and lack of perticipating. Anyway, it was very educating. Not only because I got a better grasp on what to do next with my character's Force learning but I also kind of learned something about myself. I don't know, looking to the past can do that. It's about a year old. I suggest everyone try and find the earliest training thread possible. For fun if for nothing else. I found it very fun to read a year old writing of mine. And notice how wonderful Xazor is to tolerate Syrius! I'd of choked the bastard. :lol

Xazor Elessar
Apr 7th, 2003, 04:32:55 PM
Man -- my writing absolutely sucked back then. :lol Well, it's not like, awesome now -- but at least I've kinda figured out my writing style. Guess it changes here and there. :lol

BTW, I had no idea I've been a Knight for a year -- wow, thought it was yet to come up in like, May. :lol

You were my second Padawan, ya know that? :lol My first Padawan is still around too. :lol Wow......

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 7th, 2003, 05:06:23 PM
Wish some of the real early stuff in 1999 was preserved :\

Morgan Evanar
Apr 7th, 2003, 07:47:27 PM
Lost to the depths of EZBoard and whosamawhutsis' antics.

Chaos Alexander
Apr 7th, 2003, 08:31:29 PM
I wish I had soem of my first training threads. Also my first Padawan's threads.

On a Side note.......I have only trained females to Knight Hood....

Alpha
Apr 7th, 2003, 09:30:13 PM
Wish I had some of my stuff from before I was a Jedi. lol

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 7th, 2003, 10:48:27 PM
Nope, I'm glad that ye olde training threads are gone. :)

... personal reasons. :D And, considering I took about a 4 month break (And when I got back, there was this new knight named Xazor that I had never heard of...) I'm not surprised that most of my stuff is gone.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 8th, 2003, 01:45:48 AM
Well I don't think I've ever trained a Padawan to Knighthood.... Well, I've started some Padawans off then I go MIA and someone else gets them to Knighthood.

You know, this whole thing with Syrius still being a Padawan, I'm really enjoying it. I think Sage was promoted in like... somewhere from 2-3 weeks to a month and a half. I THINK. I think I was two days off a GJO record.... Of course I trained every single day for hours at a time. Me and Darth Stone(my master) would set a program together. We'd both get up at like 9 and train for three hours, posting back and forth. Then we'd do the same after about 5 until bedtime. It was crazy but I loved it. But I really never got to enjoy him being a Padawan. It's like those old guys who buy motercycles when their 50. I'm reliving the Jedi youth I never had through Syrius. :lol

Seriously though, being a Padawan rocks. For all you padawans out there reading, relish it. It might not be proper for me to say this but being a Knight/Master can really suck. Sith always want to fight you to prove their worth, they say you're unjedi like for fighting, and you have a burden. When you're a Padawan you're not expected to do anything. :D

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 8th, 2003, 02:43:05 AM
Dasquian only has one training thread, period - and I'm very proud of it :D

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13918

Alpha
Apr 8th, 2003, 09:54:41 AM
Ya know what I really woul;dn't mind seeing? When the Young Ones (other oldtimers should remember that little group and Shay and Spadix and Bourica) took on Saurron after I died...lol. :)

Xazor Elessar
Apr 8th, 2003, 12:19:01 PM
You died? :lol I didn't know that! :lol

Hey Ryla, I remember when you came back and I had just been Knighted not too long before that. I was so jealous at first because I thought you just came in and got Knighted, then I realized that you had already been one. :lol @ me. ;)

Aaron Belargic
Apr 8th, 2003, 12:41:30 PM
Alpha has probably died more than once.

And I'm guessing at least one of those times would have been at the hands of Sith Kat :D

AmazonBabe
Apr 8th, 2003, 11:55:20 PM
Wish some of the real early stuff in 1999 was preserved :\

Ya, no kidding.

Actually, maybe I DON'T wanna see some of my earlier works. :x

:lol

Ya know... you can probably find a few here and there. Someone's BOUND to have saved something.

Figrin D'an
Apr 9th, 2003, 12:28:31 AM
I saved a few things from way back, but not a lot.

Some of those early battle threads were just... strange. The number of wacked-out Force attacks was ridiculous, but really funny.

Of course... the number of trolls we had on the board back then was pretty high, too...

Sage Hazzard
Apr 9th, 2003, 12:53:07 AM
I'm pretty sure I stunk worse than a rotten tomato being eaten by skunks when I first joined... My character pics have went from being Deadpool, to an oriental man, to Anikin, to Tom Welling. And the countless ones inbetween that I've blocked out... My own momma wouldn't regonise me now! :lol

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 9th, 2003, 01:40:29 AM
Some of those early battle threads were just... strange. The number of wacked-out Force attacks was ridiculous, but really funny.

:D

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 9th, 2003, 09:54:47 AM
:rolleyes

:p

:lol Mine was done as Dalethria with Sith Kat back at the old TSE board ... Navaria's was done on Leia's board ... the all Jedi girls forum or something or another. I didn't want the Jedi to be aware I was pulling the wool over their shoulders ;) With Sorsha's help >D

Sanis Prent
Apr 9th, 2003, 11:31:34 AM
Ug....I'm glad my early threads were lost to the abyss. Though I started out as a master (different times back then), I later busted myself down to Padawan, and was trained briefly by Beldarine, so yeah....

Loki Ahmrah
Apr 9th, 2003, 02:30:56 PM
I could find my first training thread at TSC in a minute but I wont, God awful writing. Really attrocious stuff. :x

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 9th, 2003, 02:48:04 PM
Mine at TSE wasn't too bad. That's lost in a ezboard flavoured cesspit, tho so.

AmazonBabe
Apr 9th, 2003, 02:48:33 PM
>_<!!!!!!!

OMG... I totally forgot about TSC...

I'm actually gonna go check out some of my early threads... dear lord, this is going to be painful... :lol

Come to think of it, when I created AB, I started off as a Master (like Charley said, different times back then).
But when I started LV, I started off as an apprentice... trained by non-other than "hmmm-man" (thank the maker none of his traits stuck... phew).

EDIT: :lol D'oh! I forgot my LV name was banned at the old TSC board... :: proceeds to log in with one of her other 231 names ::

O_o Wow... there are new posts there, as of 3/30 :: blink :: Pffft... probably mostly just spam.

EDIT AGAIN: Nothing interesting at TSC, so I swung by CCnet and found a classic started-off-as-a-legit-fight-and-turned-into-an-anything-goes/food-fight/no-rules/nonesense-fest (complete with banana cream pies and Force Frying Pan) (http://www.coruscantcity.net/board/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000234;p=2#0000 73) :: Remembers to breathe ::

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 9th, 2003, 05:45:09 PM
AGH!!! I see Deville's first appearence! Oldskool!

Alpha
Apr 9th, 2003, 06:48:37 PM
Originally posted by Aaron_Belargic
Alpha has probably died more than once.

And I'm guessing at least one of those times would have been at the hands of Sith Kat :D

lol. Nope, only died once. Sorsha only brought me about an inch from death...bout sixty times. :D

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:18:54 PM
Hey Ryla, I remember when you came back and I had just been Knighted not too long before that. I was so jealous at first because I thought you just came in and got Knighted, then I realized that you had already been one.

Yeah, trained by none other than Jedi Knight Leia Solo. :D

Wow, you were jealous? I'll have to write that one down. I am very glad I decided to come back. I can't believe I've been here... what, two, three years?

Creepy. :)

James Prent
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:45:19 AM
OMG OMG De'Ville's first sort of appearance!

It isn't really, my first appearance is carefully documented on my board. :) But it was my one and only RPing attempt at CCnet.

Loki Ahmrah
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:09:38 AM
I never went there to roleplay. Can't remember whether or not it was on the old website of TSC. They were good times for the most part, dramatic, but fun.

Lady Vader
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:06:35 PM
Aye. Especially the Loau Party thing we had that one time. :lol Man that got out of wack!