PDA

View Full Version : Copyright- something to keep an eye on

Taylor Millard
Apr 4th, 2003, 06:27:18 PM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2793

I wouldn't have thought of anything until I saw a pic of Alita on another computer. Apparently Alita is from an anime of the same name (or something).

We had problems with this poster before ripping stuff- they might be doing it again.

imported_Eve
Apr 4th, 2003, 06:36:08 PM
I'm sorry Tay... what did this person do?

Shawn
Apr 4th, 2003, 06:39:35 PM
Hmm, so long as the poster isn't blatantly ripping off the plot of the anime in question, it's not a problem. Using the same name as the character you took the pic from isn't uncommon.

Taylor Millard
Apr 4th, 2003, 06:46:04 PM
To my knowledge, they'd blatantly ripped off Resident Evil as another character.

Mmkay, I was just trying to raise up a concern is all. I know nothing about the anime in question, but I was still making note of it.

Shawn
Apr 4th, 2003, 11:05:12 PM
Oh, this is the same person who did the Resident Evil thing? Then yes, it may warrant attention. Let's just hope that they learned their lesson last time.

I have no knowledge of the anime in question, however.

ReaperFett
Apr 5th, 2003, 04:27:28 AM
Well Taylor, are me and Jacen Hymes ripping off Deadpool? :)

Taylor Millard
Apr 5th, 2003, 08:06:16 AM
No because you changed the name.

It's the same reason why I had to change Laroque's name from Lacroix to Laroque...to avoid copyright violations.

You two have a difference in character and name. If you use Deadpool for your basis, I don't care. Just make sure there's...what was the comic rule...3 differences. Then it's not a blatant rip.