PDA

View Full Version : The Darkness that Blinds you (Alana and open)

Kolarik
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:40:12 PM
Run, to where the smallest ray of light will never find you
Run, to where you will not need to shield your eyes
Run, away from all the soulless, heartless fiends who hound you
Run, away and let your memories go blind, when I

I will devour you
Take all the pain away
I cannot stay my hand
From reaching out so that I can
Empower you
For all eternity
It seems to ease my mind
To know that you've brought
Meaning to my life
“Devour” - Disturbed

Kolarik sat in the Roonstone Inn. A glass sat before him, but he hadn’t yet touched it. There was little appetite with him for anything other than the blood of a mortal taken by him, or the blood that Alana usually offered.

The night before had been the first night that he had not stayed with her in her room for a reason other than absolute impracticality. No, last night he had not returned to her because he had been mulling over some of the things he had learned about her. He had not woken beside her to feel her touch and this, already, felt empty.

The blood shared between them was not the only tie that bond them. Rather, for Kolarik it was something more. Alana had taken his mortal life from him, a simple life with little meaning. And she had given him in its place a life of eternity, of immortality, but more, of meaning. And this was what made his struggle within so difficult.

She had called him last night to the Crimson Pit and it was there that darkness had seemed to swallow him whole. And worse, the darkness had come not only from the shadows of the room, but from those who graced it. From Alana in particular and he was still struggling with this concept.

He knew it was wrong of him not to return to her. But he hadn’t been able to return, either. It wasn’t that he was sickened by what he had seen, but it had haunted him. It was a lesson that he needed to learn, or at least, that was what she seemed to think. But lessons of darkness….they didn’t pertain to him.

He just had no interest. And he didn’t understand why it would be pushed upon him.

He didn’t harbor anger towards her for this, he did not judge, and he did not even think for a moment that he was capable of saving her from the darkness. But he did want to be the one that did not remind her of this. He did not want to be darkness himself, but rather her escape from it. And it was this simple philosophy that was rattling through his head as he seemed to stare through the glass before him.

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 4th, 2003, 01:53:07 PM
Alana stepped into the tavern her eyes searching for one she knew well, one who knew her just as well. She could feel him there in the dim candle lit room, thinking, wondering. She stood shrouded in a white diaphanous dress, her hair tumbling freely around her shoulders, looking angelic in her timeless beauty.

She had worn this dress to show him that there was by far more to her then the darkness he had seen. It was true there was no innocence left in the Sith Lordess, no humanity other than remembered emotions of it. She had the feelings of an immortal, and she loved deeply, and hated passionately, and cried all the same.

He had not come to her the night after there first training session, he had walked away troubled, and unsure. She had lain in her bed feeling him wander the Shrine. Alana had wanted to go to him, to reassure him that what he had seen was not all she was.... But it was something he would have to find out for himself. She had not slept that day, and had arisen well after the sun had set. Though as always darkness reigned on Roon, a Vampyre could feel its cycles.

Her hue shifting eyes found him, a glass untouched by his lips before him. His hair she longed to touch falling into his saddened eyes. Her heart ached with his, her body had missed his touch more then she could ever let him know.

"Kolarik...." She whispered on the wings of the dark side. Not wanting to make him see, but wanting him to know she was always there for him. He would either hear her or let the call pass like a forgotten dream....

Kolarik
Apr 4th, 2003, 02:19:08 PM
He felt her long before her whisper reached him. Her presence had made him close his eyes, his head bowed slightly. His hair fell into his eyes and he made no move to brush it away. It felt good to close his eyes, for they had been open the entire night, staring blankly into darkness as if he could will light into it.

He had not fed the night before, his troubled mind winning out over any sense of hunger. His face was paler than usual in the candlelight of the Inn, and shadows of a sleepless night hung about him, hollowing the eyes he now opened to stare across the room.

Kolarik...

Her whisper was enough to know that she did not harbor ill will towards him for not returning to her. But there was more to it. There was a resolve.

He gazed upon her for a moment. In her white dress, the dress of the dreamscapes she had always woven around him, he was reminded of other times with her. Moments when she had been anything but the heartless immortal he had watched the night before.

At any other time this dress would have ignited something within him. Tonight, perhaps at the moment because of hunger and exhaustion and lingering confusion, it only seemed a betrayal of his senses. Was this a dreamscape as she had woven the night before, or was this now, truly her as she was?

He sighed softly, his gaze still studying her, the hues of his eyes shifting faintly. Brown had taken on the hint of green.
In the link between them, he could feel that she ached with him, and this he found, gave him a sense of relief. Relief that despite the cold side of her, one of passion still remained there as well.

He pushed the drink in front of him away.

“You’d make better company…” He stated, referring to the fact that he would much prefer to be sitting with her than alone with a drink he had no desire to touch. Much prefer her to anything. And it wasnt even that he preferred....he wanted.

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 4th, 2003, 02:34:59 PM
His eyes lingered on her for what seemed an eternity to Alana, perhaps trying to resolve the one who stood before him now from the darkness he had seen last night. She did not move, nor did she say anything more but his name. It was his choice to want her, and she had already taken so many from him. His hollowed eyes were a testament to his sleepless night, much like her own they held a sad weariness. Perhaps it was the beginning of what the bond could bring, and now she wondered if he regretted letting her draw closer still.

“You’d make better company…”

Alana cocked her head slightly at the words, heart aching at the innocence she had unwittingly taken. She had thought he knew how deep her darkness ran. She had not realized he had only seen her for the woman she was, and not the Sith Lordess. She could no more hide that part of herself than she could hide that she was a child of the damned. But she regretted the lesson that had been taught.

Alana slowly began to walk to him, her eyes locked his. Wanting to will the pain, and cold truths away. She stopped at the side of his chair, her hand automatically reaching to brush across his forehead. She paused letting it hang there unsure if he would welcome her touch.

"I am not a dream woven my sweet, I would not do that to you unless I told you first. I am the Alana you have always known, but I am also part of the dark side. I cannot be any less than I am, and if I could retract the lesson that opened your eyes to a side of me that calls you away, then I would."

The hurt in her voice was apparent, the need to make things right for him clutched at her heart. She had lost so many in her life time. She knew of the pain firsthand that came with discovering that the one you cared for is not what you thought.

Kolarik
Apr 4th, 2003, 02:52:56 PM
He watched as she approached him, his eyes drinking in her every moment. The dress shifted about her, falling and moving so innocently with her graceful, deliberate steps. So innocently did it shift that he found himself slowly relaxing, memories of what he had known about her gently reminding him of why he had come to love her as he did.

He perhaps should have moved to welcome her touch, but his eyes had closed in anticipation of her fingers against his skin, brushing back the unruly locks that fell in his eyes. She had taken this the wrong way and his eyes opened to find her hand hanging there, seemingly unsure of whether or not he would welcome her touch.

I am not a dream woven my sweet, I would not do that to you unless I told you first. I am the Alana you have always known, but I am also part of the dark side. I cannot be any less than I am, and if I could retract the lesson that opened your eyes to a side of me that calls you away, then I would.

He could hear, but even more he could feel the hurt in her voice. And without a second thought he reached for her hand, drawing her to him to sit on his lap.

“I would rather know all of you than merely a fraction.” His voice was sincere as he replied. As much as it had hurt him to learn about the Sith Lordess side of her, he knew that it was better this way. Better that she was willing to expose herself to him in every single light that could be cast upon her.

“I’m sorry I didn’t come back last night…”

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 4th, 2003, 03:14:08 PM
“I would rather know all of you than merely a fraction.”

Alana's own eyes slipped closed as he drew her to him, his words soothing the worry that had been building. She wanted him to know all that she was, parts of her she had hidden from all were his to claim. She had not realized that all that she was could be a terrible thing to witness at times.

“I’m sorry I didn’t come back last night…”

Alana tucked her face into his neck, twining her arms around him. Her hand brushing first at his locks. Her voice came to him muffled, but full of relief.

"My sweet..... I understand why you did not come. I should have taken the lesson slower, and not shown you so much of the darkness that resides in me. I should have been more careful with your innocence." She brushed her lips cross his neck. Alana had missed his taste as well as his touch.

"I do not want to be empty Kolarik, I do not want to know what it is to suffer from the loss of one that I love again." She let her voice carry gently to his mind, they were not spoken words but the words of her heart.

"I do not want to loose you my sweet....."

Kolarik
Apr 4th, 2003, 03:35:18 PM
As she tucked her face into his neck, he embraced her fully, one hand wrapped around her waist and the other entangled in her hair at the base of her neck. His eyes closed as he inhaled the sweet scent of her hair as it tickled his cheek. He released a sigh that matched the relief in her voice.

My sweet..... I understand why you did not come. I should have taken the lesson slower, and not shown you so much of the darkness that resides in me. I should have been more careful with your innocence.

The first hint of a smile appeared at this, though she would not have seen it. The suggestion that she would tiptoe around his innocence mildly amusing.

The smile only broadened as he felt her lips brush across his neck. He had missed this. Not only her voice, her touch, but the feeling of being close to her in body and mind.

I do not want to be empty Kolarik, I do not want to know what it is to suffer from the loss of one that I love again. I do not want to lose you my sweet.....

These thoughts were so easily communicated, the link between them opening with the easing of the tensions between them. Despite his exhaustion, he could feel himself coming alive inside once again.

The sheerness of her dress, the fact that it put any amount of barrier between his hands and her skin taunted him.

“Come now….” He chided softly as his hand slipped between them, gently lifting her chin so that she would look at him.

“You didn’t think a little darkness would scare me away for longer than a night, did you?”

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 4th, 2003, 04:39:08 PM
“You didn’t think a little darkness would scare me away for longer than a night, did you?”

Alana looked into his eyes for some time before answering, she wanted to be sure that he wanted to go on. That he had not been turned away from her by what resided in her. She could not remove that part of herself, nor did she want to. It was a path she had chosen long ago, and accepted whole heartedly.

"Sometimes my sweet, there are things that can drive even the strongest of loves away. Sometimes a show of ones self is all that it takes to cast doubts where there was none before. Even though we have come to a place where our souls are bared to one another, there is one place in me you did not want to touch. I do not lay blame for it, I to would shy away from it if I had been you. I have turned away from one that I loved because his words were like barbs in my heart, clinging there but ripping it apart. I turned because I could not face what he was." Alana pulled him down to her after she had spoke, her lips soft and willing against his own.

"I do not blame you my sweet," she whispered before kissing him. Her arms tightening around his shoulders, as her lips moved over his. She had missed his touch, and wanted him to know it....

Kolarik
Apr 6th, 2003, 11:25:47 AM
He listened to her words carefully, his fingers at times still playing with her hair, or caressing smooth skin, for it had become habit to do so. Touching her was something he could not be without, her skin against his the one thing that seemed to heal all wounds, seemed to bring alive all that lay dormant. It was her and her touch, her voice – everything about her that affected him so that even the darkest piece of her would not drive him away.

As her lips traveled over his, he closed his eyes and gave in to her. Willingly.

He could feel her desire for him and it only made it easier to accept what he had begun to learn about her.

As her lips left his for a moment, he pulled her back to him, showing her that he, too, had missed her.

True….there had been a part of her that he had turned from , that he had not wanted to touch. But it had been too much for him too quickly. It was something that he would need time to accept – not only about her, but about what he was possibly to become as well.

“Will you hunt with me tonight?” He asked, thinking that they could talk more as they walked the streets, falling back into familiar patterns and the comfort of the life he had been living with her.

He wanted to know all of her, without a doubt, but he wanted to learn it in an environment where he felt confident and comfortable – not in a pit of darkness where the stench of evil lingered and crept into his bones. He wasnt quite ready to encounter the Sith side of vampire life. Not just yet.

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 6th, 2003, 11:46:56 AM
Alana sat quietly in his lap basking in the gentle touches and tender words. She herself had not realized how much it had taken from her when he had not come. She knew in her dark heart he was not ready to face what the dark side could offer, he had been drawn into this life innocently. He had lain at her feet dying, and had no choice in the matter.

Her soft sigh blew against his neck, one that signified resignation at what he wanted. She would wait, she would not push on him that which he did not want. It would happen soon enough, the dark side was inescapable.

“Will you hunt with me tonight?”

Kolarik could feel her smile against his skin when he asked the question. He knew there was no need to ask her. His tentative asking sent a barb through her, she had never wanted him to be unsure of what they shared.

"You never have to ask my sweet.... My time is always yours to share, and to be a part of. I did not mean to give you doubts about that Kolarik, it was the last thing I wanted. I will hunt with you every night for all of eternity if it is what you desire."

Kolarik
Apr 6th, 2003, 12:42:05 PM
You never have to ask my sweet.... My time is always yours to share, and to be a part of. I did not mean to give you doubts about that Kolarik, it was the last thing I wanted. I will hunt with you every night for all of eternity if it is what you desire.

His smile against his skin had almost tickled and he nuzzled against her, content in her presence.

"What I desire I cant have right now….” He stated as his head bent so that his lips could brush the skin of her ivory neck, his teeth barely touching her skin in a teasing reminder. Her blood was a drug to him, and he would have taken it from her here if that was what she wanted, but he was aware of the disapproval of the other vampires, and after his confrontation with Dalamar only a few nights ago, he was not exactly looking for other enemies.

He grinned, allowing his gaze to settle on her eyes, gazing into the ever changing hues. They would talk more of what had transpired the night before, in bits and pieces he would ask her about it, absorbing her words and in time, accepting them.

But for now, in this moment, he wanted only to retreat to the time when he had been completely comfortable with her, and she, with him. And this was exactly his personality –one who shied from conflict if it was possible, erupting eventually when his passions finally built up enough and got the best of him.

Perhaps with Alana he would learn to deal with conflict.
Perhaps she would be able to show him a better way to deal with it, drawing him out and enticing him to deal with the darkness that he sought to avoid. Enticing him by showing him, slowly, piece by piece, that it too was a game of seduction. And only when it was too late would he realized that it was the dark side that won – every time.

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 7th, 2003, 11:33:16 AM
Alana let him deal with his own issues, in time he would come to understand the necessity of the dark side. He would find that it was impossible to refuse its power. But for now she would just enjoy the time they shared, pushing him no further than he was willing to go, they had all of eternity to learn what was to come.

"What I desire I can’t have right now….”

She smiled against the skin of his neck, moaning softly at the feel of his teeth brushing against her pale skin. They needed to hunt, and with others present, to share blood so in the open would have been folly. She almost ignored that thought but chose this one time to make the proper decision.

"We can always go hunt my sweet, and then we can have what we truly want. Out there in the cover of darkness a mortal waits for our embrace, and out there I can enjoy yours...."

Kolarik
Apr 7th, 2003, 12:31:38 PM
We can always go hunt my sweet, and then we can have what we truly want. Out there in the cover of darkness a mortal waits for our embrace, and out there I can enjoy yours....

He laughed quietly at this, his gaze flickering to her neck and then to her eyes. He could feel the presence of others around them, and as much as he wanted it, he too, knew it was best to wait.

He released a soft sigh as she left his lap where she’d been sitting so close to him. As he stood, his hand reached for hers, and he offered her a smile.

And together they left the Inn and set out upon the streets.

“I should be tired….” He commented, giving her a sidelong glance, a teasing grin on his lips.

“Since thoughts of someone kept me awake the entire day….”

But it was clear that looking at him, he had put any thoughts of sleep aside. He looked very much alive, his eyes bright with anticipation of blood and the heady drug of Alana’s presence.

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 7th, 2003, 12:52:54 PM
“Since thoughts of someone kept me awake the entire day….”

Alana turned her eyes to him trying to give him a look of utter innocence but her smile forbade it. She chuckled softly giving up the pretense. She to had been weary, and longed to curl up in his arms, and rest. But for now the huger drove her, and the need to feel his immortal kiss on her skin.

"Thoughts of me my sweet? Yes I to suffered the same milady, and the thoughts of you were almost too painful to bear without your body against mine. My hands aced to touch, my lips burned to taste you." She whispered seductively, her hand interlacing with his.

"You called to me as no other, and made me want as no other. I would not like to repeat that night again." Her grinned up at him seeing how the seductive tones made his eyes grow fevered...

Kolarik
Apr 7th, 2003, 05:25:21 PM
He laughed at her attempt at innocence. Though the white dress she wore sought to help her, that smile of hers gave it away.

Thoughts of me my sweet? Yes I to suffered the same malady, and the thoughts of you were almost too painful to bear without your body against mine. My hands aced to touch, my lips burned to taste you.

Her whisper, her hand interlaced in his, he tugged her to him, unable to resist being apart and longer.

You called to me as no other, and made me want as no other. I would not like to repeat that night again.

He gazed down at her, his eyes easily betraying him. They hinted at an amber color, the color of flames before they became a brilliant red. This trait she had given him, he did not see in himself often enough to know how much his eyes would now give away his every emotion. He knew nothing of learning to control them.

“It seems I’m paying the price now for my foolishness….” He stated, referring to the fact that a night away from her in confusion and anger only led to stronger emotions, and a lust for her that could be cured by no one but her. And only when she chose to give herself to him.

They were only a stones throw from the Inn at this point, still well within the sight, hearing and general presence of those within the Inn.

“Do you forgive me?” He asked, the tone of his voice teasing as opposed to serious as his lips met hers in a kiss.

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 8th, 2003, 03:51:55 PM
“Do you forgive me?”

Alana could not answer his question due to his lips closing over hers. She let her eyes slip closed and her arms encircle his shoulders. Letting the heat of her passion be the answer instead. Her lips seared a path across his, pulling him closer until there bodies were almost intertwined. She to did not want to wait any longer, the addiction that had a hold of them both was calling.

She tipped her head back, tugging him into the dark shadows of a building, her whispers growing more heated as her back pressed to a wall. "I do not care how close we are my sweet. I have already waited to long." Her voice filled with as much invitation as it was with a plea....

She knew they needed to hunt, that hunger would soon push them into a frenzy, but for now she was content to feel him close, and to watch his mouth descend toward her exposed throat...

Kolarik
Apr 8th, 2003, 05:42:56 PM
He had always heard that arguments brought about the most pleasant of makeups. But he hadn’t fully understood until now as Alana tugged him into the dark shadows of a building.

I do not care how close we are my sweet. I have already waited to long.

In this moment, any thoughts of seductive games, questions about the night before, or other vampires witnessing their sharing of blood were lost. And he had zero resolve to do anything but give in to her request.

His teeth found her throat and sunk in not with the tenderness sometimes shared, but with a basic instinct that was familiar to them both. He sucked the blood from her with a primal need that she had probably not witnessed in him before.

And when he finally drew away, it was not because he wanted to, but because he could feel her reminding him that there was a limit. And when he looked to her, there was somewhat of a sense of acceptance in his gaze, as if tasting her blood once again had reminded him of all else that she was besides the darkness he had witnessed.

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 9th, 2003, 09:13:49 AM
Alana had let him take more this time than ever before, her breath came in short gasps at the erotic pleasure it brought. Her already pale skin became translucent, and her eyes shone red with need. The Sith Lordess who was so well known for her impartiality, one who would love one second and hate the next had given her heart away.

Leaning into him she gave a contented sigh. Her body shivering at the thought of his blood flowing across her crimson lips. Though he held her heart Alana was who she was, and right now little else mattered. Her arms twined around his neck pulling him closer. Her lithe form pressing fully to his as she ran her mouth over his pulsing vein. Without thought of who could be near she sank her teeth in, the sound of splitting skin loud in the quiet shadows of the night.

"So sweet.... I could drink from you forever. But I must hunt my love." She said after she had taken a small taste of his blood. She wanted her blood to remain in him, to give him the warmth he had missed out on the night before.

Kolarik
Apr 9th, 2003, 12:18:55 PM
Dizzily, her blood flowing through his veins, drugging him, and he allowed himself to be pulled yet closer to her. Her body was pinned between his and the wall and he let his head fall, tilting to the side enough to offer to her what she had so unselfishly given to him.

He could feel her body shiver ever so slightly and he held her tight to him, murmuring words of affection meant for her ears alone.

And when finally her teeth sank into his neck his eyes had closed, understanding the pleasure there was in pain. The pain from the night before – from being without her – now brought a feeling so euphoric he couldn’t have adequately described it.

So sweet.... I could drink from you forever. But I must hunt my love.

His nuzzled against her neck, his lips trailing kisses to her lips before he nodded in agreement.

“Ive got to as well…” He admitted, dark eyes staring into hers. His hand held the side of her face, his thumb rubbing gently on her cheekbone. They seemed to stand out right now, the blood taken from her defining them, and the blood taken from him giving them a hint of color.

He released a sigh. It was of content and amazement. This woman amazed him. And he never failed to find her even more beautiful with every passing day.

“Why don’t we walk to the park….” He suggested.

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 10th, 2003, 01:47:23 PM
Alana pulled back slightly from him, tilting her head back and smiling up into his face. They had gone past the point of caring what others thought, he had matched her daring nature perfectly.

“Why don’t we walk to the park….”

She nodded and slipped her arm through his. "Sounds like a good place to start my sweet. There are always young lovers this time of night, stealing kisses, and daring the night to intrude. I suppose we are the intruders in there lovers tryst this time. “She chuckled softly as he led the way...

Kolarik
Apr 10th, 2003, 02:36:37 PM
As they began walking, rather than simply hold her hand he walked with his arm over her shoulders, holding her close to him.

It didn’t matter to him at all who are what they found for victims tonight. He was starving for mortal blood and anyone passing by would have done the trick.

The silence between them was comfortable as they walked. His thoughts were on Alana and how thankful he was to have her back in his arms. This led to thoughts of the night before and the things Valirion had said to him.

“Will you tell me about Valirion?” He asked, his dark eyes turning upon her. There was nothing about his expression to indicate that this question was asked out of anger. Rather, he wanted to understand Alana and the others and he had to begin somewhere.

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 14th, 2003, 09:25:36 AM
Alana's eyes scanned the dark night. The purple moon of Roon cast shadows in the alcoves of the buildings, lending to the eerie wail of the wind as it played gently through her hair. It was a night made for lovers, and the two immortals made a lovely vision for those who caught a glimpse. The Sith Lordess looked to Kolarik, her playful expression filled with want, and temptation. She was a seductress, and she had found someone she enjoyed seducing completely. Though she also knew he had done the same to her. This night would see many fall to the two, the Mortals would be drawn to them without thought, and there death would be sweet.

“Will you tell me about Valirion?”

Alana raised her eyebrows somewhat surprised by this question. She had thought Kolarik had found Thorn distasteful to say the least. Many did for that matter.

"He is a being unto himself my sweet. When he came to be, he was already devoid of all emotion, incapable of love, unknowing of pity. He was what I would term a perfect darksider, for his hate knew no bounds, but it is a very controlled rage. The symbiot armor he wears I think is a part of this lack of emotion. It seems to have more than Thorn. It loves the pain I give it, it seems to have fallen in love with me a bit. But for Val that is a foreign feeling. He respects those above him but it goes no further than that. His life has always been a search for pain, for the ultimate amount that would give him an unending supply. He believes that if and when he reaches that plateau he will be a god." Alana stopped for a moment her eyes narrowed.

"He does appear harsh and unyielding my sweet but in truth he would have all who he considers brethren to be powerful. What he views as weakness, though others may not view it the same, is something he feels he must stamp out. For him there is no room for error." Alana turned to Kolarik, her eyes roving his face with a tender smile. Her fingers trailing over the strong line of his jaw.

"He is someone that takes some getting used to, but to get to know him is well worth it. Is there anything else you wish to know?" She was enjoying talking to him, giving him the answers he needed to know. Immortals had a way of doing there own thing, and for Alana it offered a nice change...

Kolarik
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:31:59 PM
His expression was thoughtful as he considered what she had told him of Valirion. It sounded as if she knew him very well, and so her words he accepted as the truth considering the odd vampire who had seemingly threatened his very existence.

Her words explained the oath Val had made by Ashiva.

You... you are practically mortal. Mortal, because if you decide to keep to your path you will die, I swear it by Ashiva

His eyelids had lowered slightly at her touch on his chin. Even the slightest touch from her was enough to awaken everything within him. And to make him want more.

Briefly, he forgot the lust for mortal blood, but only because his thoughts were on Alana, and on the words that she spoke.

Is there anything else you wish to know?

He nodded. There was much that he wished to know. On this topic and so many others. And while he would have normally been content to wait and learn in time, there were threats now it seemed to not knowing some things. And so it was of these that he would first inquire.
Softly, he sighed.

“I assumed in accepting the dark gift that literally, the life of a vampire was to exist in darkness. Figuratively, I assumed that in taking the blood of another, taking the life of another, there was darkness.”

He gazed for a moment up at the purple moon of Roon and then looked back down to the woman he had come to love.

“But often you’ve mentioned the dark side as if it were something other than this. As if its some other power unto itself beyond the strengths provided as a vampire. Just now you called Valirion the perfect darksider, but I don’t believe you were calling him the perfect vampire….”

He knew nothing of the force – knew nothing of the dark side that Alana so often spoke of, so often employed to do her bidding.

“It seems that others, and I suppose you as well, expect something of me besides what I’ve become. And I want to know what it is.”

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 17th, 2003, 11:15:40 AM
Alana smiled up into her lovers face, she was pleased that he was taking an interest in the gifts of the dark side...

"My sweet there is so much more to us that just being immortals. When we feed we do gain a rush by the medi-clorians that reside in all of us. But just because we gain a rush it does not mean that we are weak and seek it out to enhance our own powers. We who come into the dark gift are usually force users, be it without conscious thought, or with full knowledge of it. When we become, we are privy to the dark side. We are what resides there. We can be no more or less than the dark side. We, my love, are purely evil, though we may retain a small bit of humanity. We can never deny what we are because we are what resides behind the veil of darkness." Alana paused, running her hands over his face that enchanted her completely.

“It seems that others, and I suppose you as well, expect something of me besides what I’ve become. And I want to know what it is.”

"What I want from you my love, is for you to know the power that you house. The sweet embrace of the darkness within. It is better to accept than to have it forced on you. It is there Kolarik, the darkness, there waiting for you to tap into it. You do not have to be cruel as some are, you do not have to forsake your gentle heart. But you do have to learn to use your emotions, and you must always remember to pay homage to the gifts it gives you." Alana's soft voice was almost pleading with him to understand, and to accept.

"We are takers of life my love, we are killers, and there is no redemption in that. We are what we are. To try to be anything different would be a waste of time. I know that you had no choice but to accept my immortal kiss, so I can understand why it is all so foreign to you. But there must come a time when your heart realizes what it is...:" Alana looked down, her eyes sad at the thought, for it was his innocence that drew her, his boyish humanity that made her need. But it seemed there was something more that he offered, something she had not allowed herself in a very long time. He offered her unconditional love with the whole of his heart.

Kolarik
Apr 18th, 2003, 11:15:43 AM
What I want from you my love, is for you to know the power that you house. The sweet embrace of the darkness within. It is better to accept than to have it forced on you. It is there Kolarik, the darkness, there waiting for you to tap into it. You do not have to be cruel as some are, you do not have to forsake your gentle heart. But you do have to learn to use your emotions, and you must always remember to pay homage to the gifts it gives you.

His head dropped just a bit, the coolness of his forehead comng to hers, shaggy bangs falling into his eyes and hers. His hands cupped her cheeks, his lips kissing the tip of her nose. He sighed softly and pulled his face away just enough to briefly look into her eyes before his lips met hers in a kiss.
He could remember what it had felt like as a mortal, her cool touch to his feverishly warm skin. And while being immortal made it different, it did not change the electricity of it any less.
He listened as she continued, her voice soft and almost pleading with him to understand and to accept.

And when she was finished, he noticed the way her gaze was drawn to the ground, a sort of sadness creeping over her features. It would be some time before his heart began to harden. He was young, and there were so many opportunities he had not had as a mortal that he could now have as a vampire – so many that it would take years and years before he tired of relishing the things he could not have as a mortal. And this, this would keep him human.

He had so very little anger inside. And the emotions he most often experienced were wonder, and with Alana, fascination and lust and most of all, love. These emotions were so human, so youthful, that it would be a great while before darkness able to begin to sink its claws into him.

And he would not fight it, he just…he just didn’t have any ambition to seek it out. His ambitions were different. He wanted to live and love – to the greatest capacity, every day of his immortal life.

“If that is what you want, Alana, than that is what you shall have.” He did not mean to make light of the situation, but it was simply his way. It was the boy within him. She had taken his mortal life young, and he still had much growing up to do.

He knew the power that held – the power of seduction. And for now, this was enough for him.

“I feel the sweet embrace of darkness….” He replied, his lips moving to whisper in her ear. Fangs extended to nip her earlobe, piercing it with a small, but enticing prick of pain. The embrace of darkness he spoke of was hers, for she was pure darkness herself.

“And I accept it, though it would bring me no less pleasure if it were forced upon me.” This he added as they moved to the darkness along the side of a street. His back to a rare tree, one capable of growing without the benefit of light, tugging her to him as his arms wrapped firmly about her waist.

“Let me show you what my emotions can do…..” He added, a dark intensity in his eyes as he looked to her.

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 24th, 2003, 10:57:09 AM
Alana moved with him, her body leaning into his, her want just as desperate as his was. There was not a time since she had met him that she did not long for his arms. He made her want more, he made her need. She looked up into his youthful face, her own just as timeless, she was almost surprised to find that she would be forever content to rest in his embrace.

“Let me show you what my emotions can do…..”

She let slip a small moan at his silken words, all other things forgotten. He did lie in the arms of her dark embrace, and in his own time he would find the power that was his due. For now she would wait silently until he was ready. The dark side would not be denied, she knew that better than most.

"Then show me my sweet, show me how deep your emotions run...."

Kolarik
Apr 24th, 2003, 02:55:35 PM
His teeth clenched, gritting against each other as fangs gleamed in the light of the moon. He had never been one to be afraid of emotions. He had always lived in the moment and thought later about the consequences. But Alana….Alana made him think about the future. And eternity did not seem to be a long enough amount of time to have with her. And these emotions, to some degree, scared him. That he could care and invest himself so completely in her.

His lips traced her neck, the ivory of his skin against the color given to his lips by the blood she had allowed him. He wanted to give her what she wanted. Her voice, asking him to show her how deeply his emotions ran was more than he could resist.

He knew she wanted him to give in to the darkness. And tonight, for tonight only, he would do it. Just to show her how deep his emotions for her ran.

“They run deep enough, Alana, that I cant resist what you ask…” He replied, his voice thick with the husky tones of emotion.

Some distance from them across the park, a mortal walked. And if Alana wished it, this mortal would be the one to first experience the darkness within Kolarik.

“Tell me what you want….” His gaze came back to meet hers, both of them fuly aware of the presence of a mortal nearby. He could feel it by the way the blood began to pound within her, different from the lust he could feel within her for him.

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 24th, 2003, 08:48:14 PM
“Tell me what you want….”

Alana looked to the Mortal, the innocent that had taken pleasure in the night as they now did. One that walked in oblivion to anything around, thinking that nothing bad could happen on a night such as this.

"I want you to take the mortal the way you want to Kolarik. I take pleasure in what ever you do. No matter how it is done." Her husky voice filled with longing, her want was apparent in her eyes and in the kisses she trailed along his throat.

"In what ever you do...."

Kolarik
Apr 25th, 2003, 08:45:31 AM
He laughed quietly, the chuckle deep with a longing that equaled Alana’s.

“I don’t think it’s the mortal that you want me to take at all….”

This was spoken as his eyes closed, languishing in the kisses she trailed along his throat.

His strength had grown in the months that he had become a vampire. With the constant sharing of blood with Alana, natural abilities had been heightened, and she might have been surprised as she next found herself on the ground beneath him.
He had not been rough, but somewhat aggressive, and he toyed with her, playing their game as he held her down.
Fangs sank into his own wrist, and for a moment he held it above her, allowing drops of his blood to fall to her lips. Giving just enough to tantalize, but not enough to satisfy.

His gaze moved again to the mortal, who was a bit closer now, though Kolarik, and likely Alana as well, could feel the apprehension in her. The woman wasn’t sure if she was witnessing an assault or two lovers from where she was, and so she continued to walk with caution.

And Kolarik’s teasing of Alana was simple. He wanted her to take his blood, and he wanted to take hers. This lust was neverending. But they both knew that it was mortal blood that they needed, and this was Kolarik’s way of seducing her into wanting mortal blood as much as he did, and when he took this mortal, he would show Alana exactly how deep his emotions ran – deep enough to begin to touch upon darkness, to give her what she had likely forgotten – what it was like to experience the power of the dark side for the first time.

"Or am I wrong....?" He asked, his voice barely above a whisper as he gazed at her in the darkness, his eyes beckoning her to argue.

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 25th, 2003, 09:26:26 AM
“I don’t think it’s the mortal that you want me to take at all….”

Alana's telling grin let him know he was right. Though Mortal blood sustained them, it was his blood she longed to taste. It was an addiction she was unwilling to ever give up. To be wrapped in the arms of her immortal lover, knowing an intimacy that none could even imagine.

When Alana found herself suddenly on the ground under him, all she could do was moan softly at the sudden aggressive behavior. He never ceased to surprise her. The droplets of blood that spattered her full lips only increased her need. She would have drawn his wrist to her open mouth had he not held her down. The Sith Lordess could have broken his grasp but she was rather enjoying the domination he had found. Instead of struggling she ran her tongue over her crimson mouth, tasting the blood he offered.

She could feel the mortal coming closer, growing wary at the sight of the two. Her mind flashing between the thought that it was two lovers at play or an attack. The girl’s breath had quickened at the thought of it being two lovers.

Kolarik's thoughts sounded clearly in Alana's mind. He wanted to give her the gift of experiencing the dark side for the first time once again. She did not think he knew just how powerful that experience was. Her groan sounded again louder and with much more need than before.

"Or am I wrong....?"

"No my sweet you are not wrong. I long for it, as I long for your touch. Take her before she runs, take her so I can taste her blood in your veins..." Her husky voice was filled with yearning, it commanded and begged at the same time.

Kolarik
Apr 25th, 2003, 12:07:23 PM
No my sweet you are not wrong. I long for it, as I long for your touch. Take her before she runs, take her so I can taste her blood in your veins...

This was all that he needed to hear before he lowered his lips to hers. The girl would not run if she believed them to be lovers – and this was hardly a difficult thing to pull off, as they were. And he couldn’t wait any longer to feel at least this from Alana.

When his lips left hers, his hands stopped pinning her down. Blood still dripped slowly from the wound he had made on his own wrist. In only moments it would stop, the skin healing itself in a way mortals would never understand.

This hand reached for her, caressing her cheek, the scent of his blood so close, so within her grasp likely tempting her. The emotions expressed in his now ever changing eyes for Alana and Alana alone.

And with speed borne only of vampiric blood, he was upon the girl. It was rare that he had ever felt the need to bare his fangs in intimidation, but tonight he did it with a natural flair that expressed the potential darkness within him.

The girls shriek filled the air, such a high pitch that it carried for quite some distance. And as his hand clamped over her mouth, she bit him. It hurt, but the blood as it began to flow only seemed to add to a primal instinct within him. An instinct brought about by the blood of the vampire within him.

He could feel the girls fear building as she felt his strength. She struggled against him, and in these moments it made it all that much easier to read her thoughts. She had been attacked in the park before, and in her mind he could easily see her attacker. His face had been emblazoned in her memory for years now.

And cruel as it was, he called upon the dark side, weaving a dreamscape as Alana had wanted him to do the night before. And in this the girl saw Kolarik as the one who had attacked her the first time.

“Didn’t you learn the first time?” He asked, his voice mocking.

She trembled against him as he held her, his grip iron against her mortal attempts to escape.

“Or did you just want to come back for more?” He knew what she intended to do before she did it. The kick she had intended for his groin instead landed her on her back as he held her down. And with every failed attempt, the strength of the darkside only grew within him.

It was not as sweet as it would have been had it been used for revenge, but the power of it was heady, and he found himself being crueler with this girl because of it. Because one taste made him want a bit more.

And when she finally lay there before him, crying and broken, enough to have allowed Alana to feel what it felt for him, the power over another, the power of the dark side, he reverted to what he preferred.

No longer did the girl see him as her attacker, but as the vampire that he was. And though she was still terrified, her awe of him took away the edge. And in only moments she was relaxed enough to allow him to sink his gleaming white teeth into her neck, draining her of the blood that Alana wished to taste.

And the blood was still upon his lips as he approached his lover. Gently he tugged her to him, both of them lowering themselves to the ground, Kolarik offering himself as a barrier from the hard surface, and offering himself to her to take.

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 28th, 2003, 08:11:49 AM
As his wrist brushed past her face Alana longed to hold it to her lips. She could still smell the blood warm on his skin, calling to her senses. The Sith Lordess almost gave into the need of him but the mortal so close called to her in a different way.

As his body left hers she sat up, her eyes glimmering in the purple moon. Her eye teeth extended in utter hunger, in the lust for life. The darkness he displayed would have made any shudder. Be it with Horror, or as Alana was, with pure ecstasy. The girl’s cries seared her mind, and the dream woven by Kolarik made the dark side cry out in her. She longed to join them, to enhance what they all felt. But Alana held back reveling in her lovers new found power.

When the girl lay silent, her chest no longer rising and falling with her desperate gasps, he came back to her. He lay on the ground pulling her down on his prone body. She easily fit her body to his, there familiar touch a little more feverish than before. Her lips found his, settling there tasting the blood he had taken. She pulled away reluctantly from his soft lips, only to look into the eyes that had become so like hers.

"What is this spell you have cast over me?"

Alana moved her crimson mouth to his exposed neck. She felt his arms tighten around her, offering him self to the Lordess. There moans filled the night, as she slid her teeth in. His blood washed into her mouth, staining them a deeper hue. Her bare shoulder lay close to his mouth, a translucent offering that longed for his immortal kiss....

Kolarik
Apr 28th, 2003, 09:05:59 AM
What is this spell you have cast over me?

He had only grinned at this, his eyes closing and a low chuckle being released.

The same spell you have cast over me….

He responded to her in her mind, through the open link that they
shared only moments before her teeth sunk into his skin. And his arms around her had tightened, the erotic pain of sharing blood with another vampire, with Alana, sending him over the edge.

His eyes had remained closed, but he could feel her skin so close to him, too close to resist. And as she took his blood, he surprised her perhaps by taking hers as well. He was a careful lover, thinking always of the things that would intrigue her, entice her, and enhance their moments together. And this was no different. She had wanted to see the darkness in him, and he was not gentle as his fangs sank into her skin.

It was not a punishment, nor was it uncontrolled. Rather, it was a bit of a surprise as his aggressiveness earlier had been. Just something to keep things between them new and interesting.

He did not take much, for he had just fed. And though his lust for Alana’s blood was insatiable, he knew that she had fed only from him in the last 48 hours, and of this he was fully conscious.
His hands caressed her body. This was something he had watched mortals attempt over and over to do, without success. She did not like, it seemed, to be touched by those that she did not give this freedom to. And somehow, he’d found himself in the fortunate few. He remembered his first night with her. He’d been hesitant, in wonder of her.

Now he was not hesitant, but still in wonder. With every passing day he only learned something new about her. Last night it had been a degree of her darkness. This night it had been her ability to be so much more than pure darkness, though he had known this of her before. But tonight was different from the nights he had known of her before, tonight was a night of forgiving and acceptance.

When she had taken the blood she wanted from him, and their lips had met once again in a kiss, they relaxed together, Alana in his arms in the darkness of the night.

“My angel of darkness…” He muttered, his gaze meeting hers as he reached for a lock of hair, tucking it behind her ear and offering a small smile. She looked this evening to be an angel, wearing the white dress she had worn in the dreamscapes she had woven so many times before. But Kolarik knew her too well, knew the darkness within.