PDA

View Full Version : Elevation (Wei Wu Wei and Council)

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 4th, 2003, 11:07:01 AM
Roughly a half hour ago, Navaria and Wei departed a Bakurian Transport that touched down on the Temple's main landing pad. Their excursion (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23535) to the lush green planet was most successful and the Knight wanted to inform her fellow Council Members of their success. She made sure to give implicit instructions to send the cargo to the processing center on Coruscant before sending it to the Bar and Grill. The Jedi figured it would have been rude to not bring back fresh fruit and other morsels for her comrades.

Their bags were sent to their rooms and Navaria led the way to the Council Chambers, idly chit chatting with Wei along the way ... but once they stepped through the entrance into the chamber proper, Navaria was all business and greeted the rest of the Council with a bow. Her back was still sore from being shot but was well into being fully healed. Probably by the end of the week.

"Greetings my friends and Council Members. My Padawan and I have returned from Bakura was excellent news. The Rebels have been all been captured or willingly turned in. I am even more pleased to let you know that minimal casualties were had in the unfortunate battles that came to be."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:15:11 PM
Wei felt wonderful. He had helped an entire planet by helping to remove a few rebels. He had ridden a speeder bike for the first time, and saw what probe droids were. The time he spent on Bakura was still fresh in his mind.

"And so I was chasing him, right? And I was running and running and running, and he was on his speeder bike and then he shoots, and I defelcted the shot right back and hit the speeder, and then I'm running some more and..."

Wei was silenced by his Master's sudden change of mood. He was a little perplexed as to why her attitude had taken such a sudden change, but once she spoke up he knew why.

"Hello, Jedi of the Council," he said with a bow after Navaria had finished speaking. It had been a while since he had been to see the council.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 6th, 2003, 03:58:51 AM
From his Council seat, Dasquian was seen to be brimming with a smile. It was always a pleasure to hear of such deeds being accomplished by fellow Jedi.

“Congratulations on your endeavour.”

Estelle Russard
Apr 6th, 2003, 05:48:37 PM
Estelle was immediately interested in the news that Navaria and Wei were bringing to the Council.

She had heard Bakura mentioned, but had only had a vague idea of what was actually transpiring there.

Now was an opportunity to hear first hand, and obviously the news was good, the results favorable.

She leaned forward, hoping Navaria would elaborate more on her part in establishing stability within that region.

AmazonBabe
Apr 6th, 2003, 11:13:15 PM
:: AB broke into a smile on hearing Navaria's news about Bakura. ::

Such excellent news!

:: She wanted to hear more of the mission, but had to ask... ::

Has any sort of temporary military post been set? In the event any sympathizers for the rebels may try to do something?

Helenias Evenstar
Apr 7th, 2003, 05:39:02 AM
I simply rested and listened.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 8th, 2003, 02:15:08 PM
Navaria nodded her head towards Dasquian.

"Thank you."

She wanted to continue on with a thought, but Rie had chimed in with an important question that needed answering.

"The Rebel base is in the process of being converted over for Bakurian use. Prime Minister Captisan is overseeing the volunteers that wish to make up a Militia until the request for a small New Republic presence has been approved. Gaeriel has agreed to a minimal military presence until they are on their feet. She is quite determined to keep Bakura as a neutral trading planet."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 8th, 2003, 08:50:36 PM
Wei shifted his weight from one foot to the other, listening to the council and Navaria talk about the trip they had taken to Bakura. Wei smiled when he remembered the people signing up to help out in case some body felt sorry for the Rebels and tried to pick up where the rebels left off. Wei didn't think that anyone on the planet would be feeling sorry for the Rebels, but it was good to see the people being brave and standing on their own two feet. Most of the guys that had signed up for the Militia had worked with Wei to restore Bakura.

He wanted to speak, but kept silent. He knew better than to speak when he was not spoken to.

Anbira Hicchoru
Apr 9th, 2003, 08:09:43 PM
"It is pleasing that you have completed your mission, and returned with no harm."

Anbira leaned back in his seat, prepared to listen more.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 12th, 2003, 04:42:40 PM
She nodded in silent thanks to her fellow Council Member and looked to Wei.

"Was there anything you would like to add my Padawan?"

Navaria had sensed that he wanted to speak up about something but he was keeping quiet out of respect.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 13th, 2003, 02:31:21 PM
Wei shifted. "Well, just that I learned a lot on Bakura. And it felt good to see everyone working together. Thing is, I got to see that being a Jedi doesn't necessarily mean dueling to the death with a Sith. Being a Jedi means being a friend," he said, still remembering all the people that he helped.

"Being a Jedi means showing people mercy, and giving them a second chance, even when they don't deserve it." Wei's mind traveled to all the Rebels who surrendered.

"I was surprised that the only real resistance I faced along side my Master came from droids, and a handful of fanatics."

Wei shrugged and scuffed his foot on the ground. "I was a light in the darkness. Someone who brought order and peace, and tranquility to two sets of desperate people."

Wei kicked the ground again and shrugged a second time. The sense of accomplishment and satisfaction he got from seeing those people smile was beyond words. He felt silly, standing there speechless.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 15th, 2003, 02:35:21 PM
“It sounds as though this mission has been beneficial to you in more ways than one, Wei.”

There was a real sense of selflessness and humility that could be sensed from Wei, a product of his altruistic deeds.

“The lessons it has taught you will no doubt contribute to your already growing credentials on the path to becoming a Jedi Master.”

AmazonBabe
Apr 15th, 2003, 05:01:50 PM
:: AB nodded her head in agreement with Dasquian's words. ::

Figrin D'an
Apr 15th, 2003, 06:31:35 PM
"I would concur... sometimes, being that becon of light gives others a point to which they can rally, and can effect change in ways beyond that of the lightsabre."

His gaze rested upon Wei.

"Your mind seems more at peace now than ever... would you agree, Master Navaria?"

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 15th, 2003, 07:38:58 PM
A subtle smile appeared on Navaria's face.

"Yes Master D'an. Very much so. It is why I wanted to bring forth another important issue before the Council because Bakura has reinforced my opinion on the matter.

I move that Wei be promoted to Knight. He has earned it through hard work with his training, his continued strive for oneness with the Force and his peaceful heart.

I hope my fellow Council members agree with my assessment."

AmazonBabe
Apr 15th, 2003, 08:25:24 PM
:: AB chimed in at this moment. ::

I certainly agree with your assessment, Navaria. He has my full backing for promotion to Jedi Knight.

Helenias Evenstar
Apr 16th, 2003, 01:05:52 AM
Just as I suspected the real reason was that Wei was here.

My agreement with his promotion was a simple nod and a spoken "Yes, he is ready"

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 16th, 2003, 01:52:47 AM
“I could not agree more.”

Figrin D'an
Apr 16th, 2003, 07:50:11 PM
"Wei has proven himself on many occasions, and his mind is indeed prepared for the next step. I concur with the recommendation for promotion."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 16th, 2003, 08:00:51 PM
She bowed in respect to the Council, deeply pleased that they shared in her decision that Wei should be Knighted.

Navaria rose and turned fully to face Wei.

"It was an honor having you as my student, Wei. I know I will continue to be proud of you as a full fledge Knight of the Order as you were my Padawan."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 16th, 2003, 08:08:18 PM
Wei smiled from ear to ear and turned completely red. It was embarassing somewhat to hear all the nice remarks the council said to him, as well as the promotion.

"Aww...I didn't really....welll, thanks," he said at last.

Wei smiled even more. He really didn't think he had done that much. All he had done was be himself.

"Yeah, Grandpa. You were right. Just be yourself and everything will fall into your lap."

Wei gave a deep courtesy bow to the Council and to his teacher. "Thank you all for your kind words, and my promotion to Knight. I promise not to let you down!"

Estelle Russard
Apr 20th, 2003, 11:45:42 PM
"Congratulations Wei. Well earned."