PDA

View Full Version : Lady in red - a new vampyre enters this world of darkness

Nieheine
Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:25:59 PM
::Nieheine walked into the bar, she had been getting to know the place, making a map in her mind of where everything was.
A newly turned vampyre she was, a firey red head when she had been a dark haired warrior. The entrance was dark with candles, and came into a normal looking room with a fire near the end of the back and a bar.
Gods she was thirsty, a thirst she had to get used to, as she would have to get used to small drinks as well. There seemed no need to take lives.

Going towards the bar silently she nodded to the bartender and was presented with a chalice of thick red blood, it smelled of cinnamon, honey and wine at the same time, and when she touched the surface the ripples of red elegantly reflected the light, she felt a sudden need to down it all but forced herself to take her time. Sipping at the taste that was better than the dance of battle, that was better than running in the rain on a summer evening, that was better than holding the one you loved -well almost. She still had some of her soul and could remember what love felt like. Right now she was needed blood.

Sipping the wine until it was finished she closed her eyes and smelt the sweet aroma around her, wanting more but no longer as hungry. She must live contended - not become a monster.

The bar was fairly empty, the presenc eof darkness thick and she looked up at the gothic looking clock. She would have to leave very soon.::

Kolarik
Apr 4th, 2003, 08:34:01 AM
He had noticed her when she had walked in. One vampire most always knew when another was present and this was no different. He’d watched her sip her wine from where he was at a quiet table in the corner. He had fed earlier, then come to the Inn to be in the company of others. But the others, it seemed, were out hunting still.

He saw her glance at the clock and a small smile appeared on his lips. He brushed his shaggy bangs from his eyes.

“When you have eternity, what does time matter?” He asked, his voice carrying to her.

imported_Ambrose Braeden
Apr 5th, 2003, 10:46:22 PM
The transparasteel doors opened with a hissing noise as a familiar figure stood in the doorway. His night colored cloak was a little damp from the night rain. Walking into the establishment, the doors behind him closed silently. He was in the one place he knew too well. The Roon Stone Inn. The tavern was more empty this night, for what reason, Ambrose Braeden did not know. As he made his way to a lonely table in one of the many shadowed corners of the bar, his cloak rustling around his feet as he walked, he noticed two people in particular. One of them he had known from a past expirience, and the other he had not had the pleasure of meeting. He changed his direction towards the red haired beauty. The Vampire warrior could feel that she was a brother in arms. A fellow vampire.

As he walked past patrons that were the normal occupancy at this time, he could hear Kolarik speak to the Vampiress. When you have eternity, what does time matter? He looked at the ornately carved clock atop the wall, and chuckled a little. He sat down beside her.

Hello, I do not think that I have had the pleasure of meeting you yet...I am Ambrose Braeden...And you are...

He said while holding forth his hand in a greeting fashion.

Nieheine
Apr 6th, 2003, 05:32:40 PM
::Nieheine looked at the first who spoke and half smiled, then nodded at the second with the same smile and a put her hand into Ambrose Braeden's lightly, bowing her head in honour, before putting the glass chalice down, hearing the faint ring of the soft touc between bench and glass - the intense hearing new and somewhat curious to her senses.
The sound of the outside silence with the odd sounds of nature was almost calming. To be outside of nature's cycle yet still allowed to appreciate it. It was also somewhat disturbing.::

Pleased to meet you Ambrose Braeden. I am Nieheine.

::Looking at the other man who had spoken she answered his comment - the answer of a newling, one that still only knew the rules of time and space and had yet to learn what the world of eternity truely offered. Her tone was polite for she believed there was no need for sharp tones if not called for, and he seemed a pleasant vampire::

Time may be eternal but one can still learn if time be used as was in the days of breathing. And I still have much to learn of this world. What of your name?

::She smelt blood again and felt the hunger, then chided herself. She must learn to have as much as she needed and no more. Both vampires were good looking - she had noticed that it was a similarity to all vampires she had seen thus far - perhaps a part of the dark gift.::

Kolarik
Apr 7th, 2003, 11:20:38 AM
He watched with subtle interest as another entered the Inn and stepped up to introduce himself to the woman in red. His gaze flickered to the window of the Inn, watching as a passerby gazed curiously in.

Kolarik leaned backing his seat, reaching for the days newspaper. And rather than read it, he began to draw upon it, doodling absently as his thoughts drifted to his most recent victim. He would go back out again later, or perhaps he would find one here in the Inn. They always seemed to come here, mortals who were playing with death’s door for thrills.

Time may be eternal but one can still learn if time be used as was in the days of breathing. And I still have much to learn of this world. What of your name?

He looked up again at her words.

“I never suggested that eternity made learning impossible.” He replied, absently brushing the shaggy locks from his eyes.

“I merely meant that it rather made the importance of time much less. Learning is done on your schedule, not time’s schedule.” He added with a shrug.

And then he stood, his manners getting the best of him and crossed the room to introduce himself to her as a young gentleman should.

He nodded to Ambrose, a congenial smile coming to his face as he did. And then he turned to the vampiress.

“My name is Kolarik.” He offered, answering her question.

“And I couldn’t help but overhear that yours is Nieheine.” His eyes, though from birth a shade of brown shifted hues slightly to a hint of blue. This was not a trait he had been born with, but the sharing of blood with Alana so often had begun to affect him in various ways, and this happened to be one of them.

Nieheine
Apr 8th, 2003, 08:43:56 PM
:;Nieheine half smiled::

I never accused you of suggesting that one could not learn anyrthing - and perhaps I have much to learn of eternity.
It be a pleasure to meet you also.

::Her eyes flickered to the fire around the walls, lighting the area as well as the electronic lights, the colour of many hues a human eye could not achieve to see and moved for the glass, holding it not yet aware of her own strength as the glass shattered, little cuts appearing in her own skin before fading back into a flawless surface. She shivered at the sight, there were things she would have to get used to - the good and the bad.::

It be a good thing this place only ever has one day of light...

::Moving out of her own thoughts she looked at Kolarik, she had never been one good at being popular or attracting the centre stage - as many found her intimidating as she perferred to observe. Much could be learnt by allowing others to speak but this was a different world and new rules applied - that too would have to be carefully dabbled into. Realizing she knew so little and had asked little questions - she would have to find out a few things. Her first few hours as a vampire meant she was still devaloping her mental powers, and yet so unexperienced - so powerless at the moment in this powerful form. She asked simple questions first, the background, not asking for either of the vampires' stories for it was not her business and would do no good for the moment. Vampires were so much harder to read and understand than mortal beings. ::

How many living beings does be living on this island, and how much does one need to feed on for each day? This I may find myself but guidence may not be a bad thing.

Kolarik
Apr 9th, 2003, 12:02:31 PM
How many living beings does be living on this island, and how much does one need to feed on for each day? This I may find myself but guidance may not be a bad thing.

Kolarik gave a quick glance to the other, as if deferring to his wisdom. He was still somewhat new to the vampire existence and hadn’t exactly created any rules for himself. If he was hungry, he fed and it was as simple as that.

Nieheine
Apr 9th, 2003, 09:03:11 PM
::Taking the hint she nodded, so it would be her that would have to find her own answers just like every other being, even eternity could not change that. She felt the hunger rise, realising that as she was on a vampire of a few hours she had not yet hunted, had wanted to remember and savour the feeling of being just turned. Perhaps it was time to hunt.
Just a little more time until the hunger grew a little more, until she would know a stronger strength of hunger, and with the knowledge of it - the limits. The smell of blood from the bar was overwhelming and she had to close her eyes to steady herself.
Think about something else. She looked at Kolarik consideringly - he did not speak with words much, the quiet one, perhaps one who thought deeply or simply perfered not to speak. This was speculation and people interested her. The smell of blood again invaded her mind space and she pushed it back, taking her mind elsewhere, away from the thought. Just a few more minutes.::

How long have you been a vampire?

Kolarik
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:16:27 AM
She had him perfectly pegged as the quiet one. It wasn’t that he was shy or unsure of himself. Rather, he was introspective, thinking deeply before he spoke, and sometimes, if he didn’t think his comments would benefit the conversation, he simply didn’t speak at all.

How long have you been a vampire?

He had grinned at this, his gaze dropping to the ground for a moment and his bangs falling into his eyes once again. If there was one thing he regretted about his turning, it was that it had been done before he’d had a chance to get a haircut. For all of eternity he would have to deal with them.

When he looked back to her he shook his head slightly to move them from his eyes.

“A few months now.” He admitted, the memories of those months vividly recalled in his memory.

“And you….Im assuming only recently by your request for guidance?”

Nieheine
Apr 11th, 2003, 03:53:53 AM
::A small laugh escaped Nieheines lips and nodded::

A few hours actually. I still be getting used to these new sense, this new strength, this blood lust I must learn to control now or never control. As for my master, I will not see him again until I have proven myself, until I am worthy, so I do seek hints from others until that time.

::Her eyes averted to a human walking in and her eyebrows slightly rose to a visable amount, she was not one to show emotions much, but it was enough to communicate surprise. She spoke to Kolaric, but also to herself. She would not have done what this human had done unless a friend had requested it, but this human smelt slighty nervous and did not seem to be meeting another. Wait..she could smell emotions?::

Why would a human come into a bar full of vampires, where their blood be on the favorite menu?

Kolarik
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:23:32 AM
A few hours actually. I still be getting used to these new sense, this new strength, this blood lust I must learn to control now or never control. As for my master, I will not see him again until I have proven myself, until I am worthy, so I do seek hints from others until that time.

Kolarik was not the type to care at all about rank or even proving himself. He hadn’t entered into vampire lift to become a valiant warrior or competition of conquests. Rather, he had been seduced by Alana and the mystique of vampire life.

And so his attitude – or rather lack of it, do not change in the least upon hearing she had only recently been turned.

His gaze followed hers as she went from looking at him to watching a mortal cross the room. He grinned, a low chuckle escaping.

Why would a human come into a bar full of vampires, where their blood be on the favorite menu?

He leaned against the bar, his back to it, facing the crowd and angled enough towards Nieheine to suggest that he was interested in the conversation between them.

“I used to wonder about it too.” He admitted.

“Except that I’ve come to realize that theres a pattern to those who visit here.”
He nodded towards the most recent.

“He was just laid off today and he’s already behind on his rent and monthly payments for his speeder. A place like this seems a perfect answer right about now.”

The flush in his cheeks from an earlier kill was slowly fading and slowly, feeding off of Nieheine’s hunger and the scent of mortal blood, he found himself hungry once again.

“You’ll learn…its easy to feel these things with most mortals.” He added before nodding to another in the far corner.

“She’s insecure. And she figures that maybe she’ll feel more accepted in a place with ‘freaks’ like her.” He shook his head slowly, marveling for a moment. These were the ones he usually chose. He would entertain them for the evening, making them feel as if they were wanted, as if they were special. And when he went home with them, it was there in their own beds that he would take their life. Few realized it was happening at all. And that was how he preferred it – for them to fade from life actually for once feeling wanted. It bothered him when he screwed up and they felt any sense of terror. He just didn’t have it in him – the darkness that the others seemed to relish so much.

And then he nodded to another not so far from them.

“And him…well, he’s bored with his life. He’s been cheating on his wife for years, his kids hate him because he’s never been home to show any interest in them at all, and this is his idea of a thrill. To flirt with death.”

He shrugged.

“Its an interesting study….” He commented, turning to her with a grin. His eyelids had lowered slightly, for the lust for blood was growing stronger, and in the back of his mind he was already planning his seduction of the woman in the corner of the room.

“And which one will you have?” He asked, suggesting to her that he knew of her hunger.

Nieheine
Apr 14th, 2003, 06:17:33 PM
::Nieheine was surprised by his movement inwards, he didnt seem very interested in the conversation until now. Mind reading, an interesting power she would one day like to explore very extensively. How far did it go? He had very interesting things to say and she kept her eyes on the one of heavier crimes. Both of different kinds and she would be one to go for the criminal, yet...

The two men - the mortals - sat at the bar and she looked at the one that flirted with death. This man she could toy with - she enjoyed pain, yet was dissapointed when deah came. Knowing that this was a part of being a vampire - to take others blood - she would not feel guilty with this one.::

The one who flirts with death will have death flirt back, but will not deliver.

::If I keep my hunger down, Nieheine added silently to herself. Kolarik was issuing a challenge perhaps, or a bit of fun and she never was one to turn that down.
Kolarik seemed without rules, without any shackles that held him back, she admired that, liked that aspect but knew she could never live without some hold on her actions. Her heart, though dead, would not allow it. She laughed hollowly and looked at the man then to Kolarik. This place would take time getting used to.::

Kolarik
Apr 16th, 2003, 01:43:11 PM
He listened to the hollowness of her laugh as she looked to the one who would be hers tonight, and then back to him. He was one of extreme passion and emotion, and the hollow sound of her laughter made him wonder what had caused her, in her life, to become so dispassionate. But he did not ask her of it. Not yet, anyway.

He shook his head, his eyes casting for a moment downward and his bangs fell into his eyes. Such shaggy bangs. At times they gave hi the look of a young boy, and others, a seductive charm. He gazed for a moment at the shards of glass at his feet from when she had gripped her glass perhaps a bit too tight.

He then looked back to her, gesturing towards the replacement glass of blood wine set on the bar beside her by the bartender.

“Do you really enjoy it from a glass?” He asked.

Nieheine
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:24:11 PM
::Nieheine studied the glass for a moment, running her slender fingers along it's rim thoughtfully, her hands that had been cut now perfect again. She handnt taken 'prey' as it was commonly called yet, but there was a first time.::

I have no objections to it, blood is meant but to keep you strong, but I see no problem in extending the experience.

::In smooth movements she called a droid over, remembering a busted up droid from the past with a little humour, and placed the glass on it's tray to be returned.
She gave Kolarik a half smile, and looked at the man at the bar. First things first.::

How did you read his mind?

Kolarik
Apr 17th, 2003, 10:47:21 AM
His gaze followed hers briefly, and then he shrugged.

"Its not so much that I read his mind, but more that I could feel his emotions. The emotions of mortals speak rather loudly, though they most often dont hear them."

He smiled ruefully.

"Its a pity, really. If they could only hear one another perhaps they'd finally begin to understand."

His eyes caught those of the woman he later planned to seduce. He gave her a smile and a general nod, as if beckoning her to join him where he stood.

The allure of the vampire would eventually bring her to her feet, despite her insecurities.

"I think its something you become more in tune with, more aware of in time. Its a sense, just as hearing, tasting, smelling...."

He gestured toward a man who had just come through the door.

"Why dont you try on him...what do you feel simply by looking at him?"

Kolarik did not propose to be an expert. In fact, he was explaing to her only what he knew from his own experience, from what his own intrests had driven him to discover.