PDA

View Full Version : Question about Photoshop

imported_Taja Loraan
Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:23:08 PM
(Yes, I know I'm meant to be gone, but I need to ask this! :cry)

I suck at Photoshop and I know this was explained somewhere earlier but I don't remember, so... could someone please tell me how to insert an image into text? It would be much appreciated. :)

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:06:20 PM
(I use Photoshop 7)

Turn your text tool into a Type Mask tool (hold down and select it in your toolbar, should look like a hollow T) then type, then move the selection to whatever position you want it, using the marquee tool. Open up the image you want to paste into the text, select a portion of it, then go back and select Paste Into and VIOLA!! You can select and move your image to the exact place within the text using the Move tool.

imported_Taja Loraan
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:46:46 PM
I use Photoshop 6... does the same thing still apply?

Right now, I've got the background open as one layer and normal text as a separate layer set on Soft Light, so that the writing is semi-translucent. Now I want to get rid of the rest of the background, everything save the bit of the image inside the text, but I don't know how to do that without resorting to desperate, long and painful measures. :x

To better explain...

Morgan Evanar
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:44:41 PM
Yah, still applies.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 4th, 2003, 10:09:42 PM
I use Knockouts myself. In blending options. You can set one layer to mix with another that isnt adjacent. Or a blending group works as well

imported_Taja Loraan
Apr 6th, 2003, 04:30:31 AM
..Okay, I'm pretty certain the answer is staring blatantly in my face even as I'm typing this...

Turn your text tool into a Type Mask tool (hold down and select it in your toolbar, should look like a hollow T)

...But for some reason, I'm just not getting that. :|