PDA

View Full Version : Survivor Mykyr: Krayt Campsite

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:52:59 PM
[Krayt Tribe finds themselves walking onto a white sand beach, after emerging from the trees. There appears to be some sort of fungal growth on a few of the trees, which may or may not be edible. Driftwood spots the beach, and there are a few large trees near the sand which may be good for building a shelter.

Palm fronds have falled off a few of the palm trees, and all in all it looks beautiful.

Looks can be decieving, however. This side of the island is the breeding ground for vornskyrs, and there are very few native fruits of any kind. With no matches, and plentiful (but wet) driftwood, keeping warm at night might be a problem.]

Dakota Gue
Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:30:03 PM
Dakota joined her companions as they made their way from the drop off point - or tribal council area - into the dense jungle and on through to the beautiful sands of the beach.

A few of the girls had formed a natural little knot already as the tribe trapsed to their chosen campsite area, and Ko kept skipping around them, trying to hear every word of the conversation in an effort to keep tabs on who's name was what and who said which etc etc. and not miss out on anything.
The Men were interspersed between them, some striding along the sand to get a good look for a place to set up, others walking slower to get a "feel" of the other members of Krayt Tribe.

Such an adventure!

"Oh! Its so beautiful" she exclaimed as their trail opened to the costal vista, "It's a little like Daddy's island off the Gulf of Manchuro!"

Her excitement showed in the way kept tugging on the straps of her daisy-print backpack which held her spartan belongings.

"I guess the first thing will be to make a shelter of some sort..get some of those palm fronds and make a nice comfy bed." She smiled infectiously and looked at Vader, Daiq, Ryla and Angelica Shin who were now, too, coming out from the thick jungle. "It will be just like we are all roomies! Only without rooms!"

Silus Xilarian
Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:35:50 PM
Silus stepped out of the trees and onto the beach. The crate on his shoulder was immediately set down, and his backpack was tossed to the side.

"Well, this is it I guess."

Silus looked around at the group For the most part, it seemed like time to socialize, let everyone get to know each other. This was all well and good, though Silus' eyes were immediately searching the sidelines looking for anything that could be used as a weapon, or a good vantange point for a Vornskr attack.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:13:07 PM
Daiq walked a few more yards beyond the others, up to the top of a small sandy knoll. This is where she would build her shelter.
The small lean-to she had in mind might catch more wind but she wouldnt have to worry about flash flooding from the coming rains and the knoll's height gave her an a good vantage point from which to watch for vornskrs or members of the Rancor tribe, should they approach.

Dropping her bag, she looks back over her shoulder, listening as others of her tribe introduce themselves.

"Im Daiquiri."

Short, sweet and to the point. She was in this for the long haul and eager to get started. From her quick survey of the area, there seemed to be very little in way of available food-stuffs and since everyone would be hungry - if they already werent - hunting appeared to be first on the horizon.

"Would anyone be willing to join me in a vornskr hunt?"

Silus Xilarian
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:21:19 PM
"Count me in....I was just thinking the same thing."

Silus glanced over at Daiq before peering back off into the jungle. There werent any kind of real trails, save for the one they'd came in through- if that could even be counted as a trail.

"And the name's Silus..."

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:00:49 PM
Along the way through the jungle, Vader and I had found an interesting tree with a large leaf that would make an excellent roofing... that is, if we could even begin a shelter of some sort before we were in dire need of one.

Walking out of the jungle and onto a beach, I spotted where a few members of the tribe had already placed some equipment, and proceeded to lay down one of the good-sized branches we had found, followed by uncoiling an assortment of vine-like ropes that had been draped over it for easy transport.

"This is a good spot, I guess. There's a few fallen trees here, maybe we can use these as a start for our campsite, to get us up out of the rain. We can probably make them parallel and fill in the gap, I guess. What do you think, miss Vader?"

Lady Vader
Apr 4th, 2003, 05:45:09 PM
*LV looked about the sandy beach and nodded at Ryla's suggestion.*

Sure looks as good a place as any. Though further from the water so that when the tide comes in, we don't get flooded.

*While the area was beautiful, she kept alert for any signs of vornskyrs. She had no doubt that those of canine and feline decent would have any problems evading or defending against the vornskyrs, she did worry about the rest of the tribe.*

Well, I'm going back into the brush to pick up those branches I hacked up with the knife.

*She turned to Ryla.*

Smooth out the area so that it'll be easier to set the branches down for the shelter. I won't be but a moment dragging them back here.

*She headed off into the jungle again.*

Kelt Simoson
Apr 5th, 2003, 04:24:37 PM
Kelt proceded to wander off into the surrounding forest with his new assistant. The first thing he would have his friend do was search for plants and greenery that looked eatible such as the Fungorn Mushrooms or some type of fruit. ' My friend?...could you collect a healthy portion of the Fungorn mushrooms that are situated at the bottom of the tree by the cam fire?' He asked with a smile and then looked over to the group, in perticuler Lady Vadar.

' Excuse me, you guys wouldent happen to have a dagger or two would you?...miss shin and i need to collect some food and set some traps...' He smiled again as he asked the group, surely one of them had brought a sharp weapon. As shin collected the fruits and veg Kelt would carve a trap from the branches and trees. But first he would need a dagger.

Oddball
Apr 5th, 2003, 07:08:58 PM
Stilfing a yawn due to not getting any sleep the night previous, Oddball stepped out onto the beach, and checked his satchel was where it had been left, as if by instinct. Deciding he needed to integrate himself a bit better with the group, he looked around for someone to talk to. The first person he laid his eyes upon was a blue skinned female, not far away from where he was standing. Leaving his belongings, he walked over to her.

"Hi, can I help with anything?"

Evil Hobgoblin
Apr 5th, 2003, 11:31:59 PM
Hob tore a large bite from the ysalamiri he held in his hand and chewed it thoroughly. It wasn't bad, if a little tough. He looked down from his tree branch and noticed Daiquiri and Silus heading off into the jungle. From what he'd overheard, they were going vornskr hunting.

With a quick bit of knotting, Hob had his ysalamiri snack tied to the end of his rope. He tossed it down, catching it so that it came to a stop in front of Daiquiri's face.

"Bait, you will need," said Hob when she looked up at him.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 6th, 2003, 09:01:36 PM
It startled her when the half-eaten furry thing dropped down in front of her face and she swatted it away as she looked up. From beside her, Silus gazed up too, his attention caught by the toothy grin that beamed down at them.

*Splat!*

With their attention diverted, the blood-oozing ysalamiri smacked against Silus' face on its return swing, drawing an admirable string of curses from the recipient.

Daiquiri laughed - until a similar gift was dropped on top of her head, quickly followed by three more. Wiping the goo from her hair, she shot a scowl up at the one high in the tree.

"Bait.....thanks. Why dont you come down and join us....in case we run out."

Lady Vader
Apr 6th, 2003, 10:15:12 PM
*LV had taken two large knives with her to battle the thick branches she'd be cutting. But at Kelt's request for a weapon, she picked one from her belt and through it in his direction. It smacked, blade first with a *twang* into the tree beside him. He looked from the dagger to her, and she smiled.*

Knock yourself out.

*Then she proceeded to continue cutting branches.*

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 6th, 2003, 11:06:39 PM
[Unfortunately for LV and Kelt, her knives were confiscated by a holocam operator. It appears she hadn't read the rules, and somehow the pointy things had gotten past the Host's attention. Or perhaps they hadn't. At any rate, the Krayt Tribe was now back down to one knife, the one that came in the crate.]

[The holocam operators swarmed over the campsite as it slowly came into shape, a few zooming in on Silus, waiting to see if there would be reprisals to Daiquiri's actions.]

Dakota Gue
Apr 7th, 2003, 12:07:19 AM
Seeming as hunting wasn't really her forte - so messy, all the blood and ickyness, Dakota fossicked around in the crate supplied by the Host.

Inside she found a map that indicated a fresh water well.

She turned it about numerous times in her hands, and turned herself about 360 degree's as many times trying to confirm which was was North.

"Ok - got it!"

She was convinced...well pretty sure atleast...she was heading the right way, and walked back toward the jungle in order to find the first landmark diagramed roughly on the map. It was a large fat-based tree that looked like a laughing Hutt.

Side-stepping around the bloody mass of the ysalirmi (*sp) and "ooh-ing" as she passed Silus and Daiquiri, Ko hoped someone might join her..as she was a little afraid. She waved the map in her hand and called out,

"Anyone want to come help me?"

Silus Xilarian
Apr 7th, 2003, 07:50:12 AM
There was nothing admirable about the Ysalimiri. They had no natural weapons and they smelled bad. Not to mention they were the whole reason that Silus had zero force power right now.

And now Silus had Ysalimiri goo all over him....

Silus kept cursing. At one point he pointed a finger at Hob, and kept cursing. He even cursed at Daiquiri a few times. Then that pesky camera man.....

Camera man.....

Silus cut his string of curses short for the time being..

"So Daiquiri, heres what I think we oughta do......You just hold one of these nasty little things, and I'll kill the vornskrs when they get close..."

Silus said, wiping muck from his face.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 7th, 2003, 08:13:53 AM
She was still chuckling when Dakota 'walked' past them, the heels of her shoes sinking down into the fine, white sand, threatening to pitch her off balance at any moment.

"Where are you going, DaisyMae?"

She looked totally out of place here, lost and fragile and Daiq wondered how the frell someone like her managed to get picked for this.......but surviving was the name of the game, right?

She didnt think Dakota would make it.

Bending down, Daiq picked up the fur-covered worms that Hob had tossed down then looked over at Silus, his rant temporarily on hold.

"Ive got some razor wire back in my bag.....we can use that to slit some vornskr throats. Have to find a way to hold it first........."

Angelica Shin
Apr 7th, 2003, 01:51:59 PM
She frowned slightly, at the unweilding fungus that Kelt deemed edible before gripping it in both hands and pulling with all of her strenght. The fungus, not agreeing with her idea, stayed stuck to the tree as she fell backwards.

"Sweet merciful Rancor DUNG!" as she when into a string of various, colorful, curses about how fungus is the most horrid thing in the universe before kicking very hard and knocking some loose.

"Whoo-hoo!" her mood suddenly turned chipper as she picked up the bits she kicked off and looked around to see if she can find anything tastier, when she heard Kelt talk about making traps.

"I have fishing line in my pack, you could use that."

Dakota Gue
Apr 7th, 2003, 01:52:53 PM
"Im going to find the well" Dakota answered cheerily. "Its a fact that people can survive without food alot longer than they can without water - "Little Divas Grl Scouts 101"

She looked from Daiq to the dead and bleeding creature at their feet, feeling suddenly a bit nervous.

"You dont think there will be vornskrs so close abouts do you?"

Jackson DeWitt
Apr 7th, 2003, 07:46:10 PM
"There could be...but they'd be closer to the woods, right? Big predators would stand out here on the beach."

Jackson continued walking about, poking the sand with the stick he found. He frowned, kicking swaths in the sand as he walked. Eventually, he wandered close to Dakota.

"Hey...see if you can find a rock...like a hard, black rock."

Fishing one out of his pocket that fit the description, he showed it to her.

"...like this one."

Dakota Gue
Apr 7th, 2003, 08:06:47 PM
Dakota looked toward the jungle - that was where she needed to go...according to the map...to get to the well.

She shrugged and smiled at Jackson.

"Why dont you go first, and Ill follow behind you and look for that rock on the way?"

Jackson DeWitt
Apr 7th, 2003, 08:09:57 PM
"Well, if there's somethin up in there, I don't wanna go in there without a way to defend myself."

I tossed the rock up and down in my hand.

"I saw these sand people back home...and they made knives by chipping two rocks against each other. Plus, you can use something like that to sharpen a stick or something. Better than nothing, I guess?"

Dakota Gue
Apr 7th, 2003, 08:17:53 PM
"Thats true, but making a knife is gonna take a while."

Ko picked up a peice of bamboo from the edge of the jungle. It had been snapped off, possibly by the wind, and one end had a sharp point to it. It was fairly heavy. Being hit with it would definitly cause some daze-effects.

"Something like this might be handy too."

Jackson DeWitt
Apr 7th, 2003, 08:28:44 PM
"Well, we're not gonna need water for a while, so we have time to think it through...ow!"

Jackson hopped on one foot for a while, before stooping down to the sand, and fishing out a rock.

"Well...whaddya know?"

He looked up to Dak, and smiled.

"So, how do ya know there's a well up there?"

Dakota Gue
Apr 7th, 2003, 08:51:10 PM
Ko squeaked happily at Jacksons lucky find.

"Im gonna stick close to you! Cause you're a lucky guy!"

She siddled around in the sand to him, her heels flicking little spurts as she did so, and waved the map in his face.

"Its out of the box"

Jackson DeWitt
Apr 7th, 2003, 08:56:13 PM
"...oh"

Jackson glanced at the map, tracing from where he guessed they were, to where it showed the well.

"Gee, thats still a bit of a walk. Guess we'd better do that before sunset. Lets make sure folks know where we're going, before we split. Don't want nobody to worry."

Smiling, Jackson handed the map back to Dak, tucked his walking stick under his arm, and pulled out both of his rocks, studying them intently as he walked.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 7th, 2003, 09:34:44 PM
Trotting back to where she placed her bag, Daiquiri carefully fishes one end of the razor wire out, tugging gently until she has a two foot length protruding.

Gingerly, she works the wire back and forth, bending it first one way then the other, meticulously keeping her fingers off of the sharp edges.

What she really needed was a couple of sticks.....stout enough to hold the wire and not to break when she yanked on them. Her idea was to attach the opposing ends of the wire to the sticks and use it like a garrot or at the least, a saw. One quick swipe across anythings' throat and that would be it.

Perhaps some of those large fronds that Vader was cutting would do the trick....tie them up with the twine that came in the crate and she would be set.

Walking over to Vader, she points to the pile of fronds accumulating at the others' feet.

"Could I talk you out of a couple of those?"

Silus Xilarian
Apr 7th, 2003, 10:10:26 PM
"I swear, if Vornskrs eat these things, id be half tempted to let em live"

Aside from being throughly grossed out, and severely annoyed, Silus was actually in decent spirits. People were branching out and taking up responsiblities, a good sign of teamwork. It would also give Silus a good opportunity to learn who was good at doing what. He wasnt any kind of group leader, but he had a strategic mind, a contribution that might come in handy later on...

"Of course, I think Id rather be eating what wants to eat me. And vornskrs fall in that catagory."

Silus glanced back up in the trees one more time and smirked....

"It wouldnt surprise me if Hobgoblin did too...."

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 7th, 2003, 10:45:18 PM
I rolled my eyes at the antics of the Mighty Ysalimiri Hunters, but I was grateful that, however disgusting, there would be food tonight. All this work was beginning to get very, very tiring, and I secretly mused to myself that it would have been a good idea to begin a better fitness program before the show... Not that I wasn't in shape, but that my daily workout regimen did not usually consist of hacking branches to pieces.

Wiping the sweat from my brow, I stood up and looked back over towards Vader... An interesting name, that one. I thought to myself, thankful for the moment that the lack of the Force was tolerable, certainly more tolerable than my last encounter with a ysalimiri.

"Hey," I said to Vader, pushing back a strand of wayward hair behind my ear, "Let's see if we can get these buried in the sand as a sort of foundation, and get them to stand up. Then maybe we can tie them together with these vines. With two walls up tonight, we can be ok, don't you think?"

Lady Vader
Apr 9th, 2003, 02:14:18 PM
*LV answered Daig with a wave of a clawed hand, going back to alternating on her latest victim with a knife and claws.*

Help yourself, But only a couple... these aren't as easy to hack through as they look.

*The sweat glistening on her biceps were testiment to her last statement as she hacked away at another branch. It groaned as she embedded the knife and wiggled, making it split further from it's trunk-host. With a final crack, it toar itself from the trunk, tombling to the ground.*

*LV looked over to where Ryla had been twining strong vines together, and nodded her head at the suggestion the blue woman had made.*

Sounds like a good plan.

*She looked at the pile, continuing her thought.*

We have enough here for stilts and a foundation of sorts... eight forked branches, and four rather straight ones... enough for one shelter.

*She looked back at Ryla, wiping her brow.*

And if people aren't squimish about sleeping in the same shelter, guys and gals, then one is all we'll need. Otherwise... I'll have to do some morecutting and hacking.

*She picked up one of the sturdy forked branches and began dragging it back to the spot they had chosen to build the shelter. Letting the branch fall, she made her way back to the edge of the jungle to retrieve two other branches, not cut by her, but that had been lying there already. Tossing one to Ryla, she went back to the spot and began to dig.*

It's digging time.

Kelt Simoson
Apr 9th, 2003, 05:47:22 PM
' Hmmm...Fish would be a more valid idea Miss Shin, yes, if you could pass me your fishing line we shall see if we can catch some for tonights supper. Thought i still would like some more vegitation to eat as a side food ' He smiled gently. Kelt was about to move foward towards Shin when his boot jammed hard under a tree root and be toppled over hit the ground and with momentum he started rolling down the nearby bank which was not to high by still covered in the most god awful things a forest could allow.

After allowing the pain of the fall to subside he got back up and ventured back up the hill, bits of dead leaves and grass clung to his hair while dirt and what looked like some droppings covred parts of his tunic. Perhaps going to the beachside would help, atleast he could wash up. ' Just keep this little incident between you and me okay Miss Shin?...' He took the fishing line and walked of rather dazed and embarassed.

Angelica Shin
Apr 10th, 2003, 08:45:32 AM
She had gotten her fishing line and handed it to Kelt, grinning at him.

"Don't worry it's our little secret, and please call me Angelica you're making me feel old!"

She siftled more giggles as she walked towards some more funguses and continues the endless battle.

Silus Xilarian
Apr 11th, 2003, 11:05:45 AM
"Get off me!!!"

As Silus and Daiq stomped through the jungle, then camera man stayed right at Silus' heel. The deeper they traveled the closer he got, to the point that he was nearly hugging Silus.

"I said get off'a me!!!!"

Silus spoke in a near yell as he whirled around with his right hand clenched in a fist. The camera man backed up significantly at this gesture, though aside from the fact that Silus could almost feel Daiq rolling her eyes at him, there was nothing stopping him from charging forward toward the camera man.

Silus stood for a moment, then a confused look came over his face. A few minutes ago, they could hear sounds from bugs and such, but not anymore.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 12th, 2003, 05:14:09 PM
The palm fronds that Vader had given her, provided Daiquiri a way to pad against the cutting edges of the razor wire and with a section of twine, she secured both the fronds and the wire to the sticks and ended with what looked like a roughly shaped 'H'.

Satisfied for now with her creation, Daiq trotted off to join back up with Silus. Hobgoblin was nowhere in sight as she and Silus moved back into the cover of the trees as they started their hunt.

Not too far into the venture, the two became aware of a rather odd creature trailing them. Bipedal and with one dangling arm, its black rectangular head swiveled this way and that as it maneuvered through the undergrowth in a constant effort to keep it's single eye focused on the pair.

It didnt take long for the oddity to gain on them since Daiquiri and Silus were looking for signs and tracks and all too soon it was almost literally on top of them. A camerman.

"Get off me!!!"

Xilarian had already warned the man twice but it had done little good. It was true that the entire lot of them were here to film a show but with this particular crewman's clumsiness, finding a vornskr wasnt going to be easy.

"I said get off'a me!!!!"

The words bellowed out of Silus' mouth and the camerman backed away - quickly. Daiq knew that sooner or later they would find what they were looking for even with the cameraman's presence.

She had knelt down, examining a set of tracks partially obscured by smaller plants when she became aware of the heavy silence. Lifting her head, she looked slowly around and noted that Silus and the camera operator had gone very still, only their eyes shifting quickly as the surrounding area was surveyed.

Ahead, Daiquiri heard a snuffle, then all was silent once more. Until the growl reached their ears.

Silus Xilarian
Apr 12th, 2003, 11:50:28 PM
As soon as the growl was heard, it was too late. Conveniently enough for Silus and Daiq, they didnt have force sharpened reflexes to aid them. All that could be seen was a black blur leaping from the bush.

Appartantly, it had been stalking them for some time, and with the camera man trailing from the group, he became an easier target. Silus stood in shock for a moment as the vornskr took the camera man down.

With Daiq walking ahead some ways, Silus was able to get to the vornskr first, without a second thought, as always, Silus lept onto the Vornskr's back, trying to pull it off the camera man, who not once dropped the camera, even when being mauled...

Lady Vader
Apr 19th, 2003, 06:58:54 PM
*LV looked up from her digging, hearing the yelling off in the jungle, some distance away. She frowned, wishing for the umpteenth time she had her Force abilities. Maybe if they slaughtered enough Ysalimiri.....*

*Squelching the thought before it got her hopes up, she looked to Ryla who was also looking up from her digging, jabbing a thumb in the direction of the yelling.*

Either they found what they were hunting for... or it found them.

*She retrieved the knife she had placed in her belt when she had stopped chopping branches, and tossed it to Ryla. She herself unsheathed her sharp, three inch, poisonous claws.*

Let's go see if the hunting party needs an extra hand or two.

*She began stalking in the direction of the noise.*