PDA

View Full Version : Splendid isolation (complete)

Aaron Belargic
Apr 2nd, 2003, 12:03:26 PM
Aaron Belargic stood in the center of a busy area of the living quarters.

As he watched people pass by him, chattering and laughing with one another, some greeted him with friendly a ‘Hello Master Dasquian’ or other such things. Though there were so many people around him, he was entirely alone. Each one assumed he was Dasquian and therefore made no attempt to bond or connect with him on a personal basis, believing that they had already done so. Those who did speak to him apologized upon realising he wasn’t Dasquian, and then promptly went on again about their business.

Aaron was lonely.

sigh

He moved through the crowd, getting jostled and barged on occasion, before finding his way to a bench, where he sat down.

Shandri La
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:32:29 PM
With a sigh, she looks around herself. There were lots of ppl moving about today, but yet none of them seemed to have any interest in talking with her. All busy going about there normal business. In general, she was just another face in the crowd.

Dressed in a simple white dress with white shoes, a gold belt, a gold necklace and her hair pulled back in a partial braid and tied with a gold band. In one hand is a white bag which she has taken to carrying around with her where ever she goes.

Never before had she felt so alone amongst so many pp. Then her eyes spie a person sitting on a bench by themselves. She carefully makes her way over to the bench where she sits down next to Aaron.

"Do you mind some company?"

Shandri asks this as she turns to look at Aaron.

Aaron Belargic
Apr 4th, 2003, 11:42:29 AM
“Not at all…” Aaron said with a smile, before adding somewhat bitterly,

“Although if you’re looking for Dasquian, I’m not him.”

Shandri La
Apr 4th, 2003, 01:46:02 PM
"I'm sorry, but I'm not looking for Lord Dasquian. I'm just interested in spending time with ppl. Though I will admit, I did think that you're Lord Dasquian, but from your comment, I assume that you are not.

My names Shandri La, but I go by just Shandri."

Aaron Belargic
Apr 4th, 2003, 01:53:55 PM
“Pleasure to meet you, Shandri. I’m Aaron Belargic,” the Jedi said as he held out a gloved hand in greeting.

“Are you a member here too?”

Shandri La
Apr 4th, 2003, 02:41:59 PM
"Yes, I am. I've just recently arrived and joined."

Shandri gently takes Aaron's hand and gives it a gentle squeeze before letting go.

"I take it that you are related to Lord Dasquian."

Aaron Belargic
Apr 5th, 2003, 08:15:36 AM
“We’re twin brothers,” Aaron replied, stating what was already fairly obvious.

“I think he’s the figurative older and wiser of us though,” he added with a small laugh.

Shandri La
Apr 5th, 2003, 11:55:11 AM
"And I take it Lord Aaron, that you get mistaken for Lord Dasquian on a regular basis because the two of you are twins."

Shandri said this more as a statement then anything else.

"Sometimes being the older and wiser one isn't much fun. My twin sister was the older and wiser one out of her and I, and well, it kinda ended with her death."

Aaron Belargic
Apr 6th, 2003, 03:49:24 AM
“You’re a twin too?”

Aaron smiled a bit, “I’ve not met many others. It’s … infuriating being one sometimes, isn’t it? … I mean it has its good times, but lately the bad times seem to be far outweighing them.”

Shandri La
Apr 6th, 2003, 10:12:11 AM
"Yes, I am a twin as well, but like I've said, my twin sister is dead. Her and our Mother was killed in an accident. My twin and I were identical to the point where even our Mother couldn't tell us apart.

It can be alot of fun being a twin, but, well, it just seems that everybody expects you to be the same as your twin. That if you do something different from them, then your doing something wrong. And since I was the younger of the two of us, I had to do what my sister did. Or I was just left out and not noticed."

Shandri gets a huge smile on her face for a moment before it goes down to being a small smile, but still a smile.

"When my sister was still alive, I had a lot of fun pretending that I was her. Like I would do things that would have gotten me into trouble, but when asked my name, I gave my sisters name so she had to deal with the punishment instead of me."

Shandri pauses for a moment before speaking again.

"Aaron, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?"

Shandri, not needing to be prompted doesn't refer to Aaron as a Lord this time.

Aaron Belargic
Apr 6th, 2003, 10:15:32 AM
“I do that too!” he laughed, remembering how he had masqueraded as Dasquian quite a few times now.

“And I’m 26 standard years, although I’ve been alive for a while longer than that, what with the cryo-freezing and all…” Aaron replied, his voice trailing off – he assumed people understand that both he and his brothers journey here already.

“What about you, if you don’t mind me asking?”

Shandri La
Apr 6th, 2003, 10:24:19 AM
"I'm 17 years old on my homeworld. I don't know what that would convert to in Galactic standard.

I know this may be none of my business, and I will understand completely if you wish not to answer, but how did you come to be here at the Order?"

Shandri, not knowing many ppl here yet so she doesn't know there stories, is curious about them. Especially if they are a twin like her.

Aaron Belargic
Apr 6th, 2003, 12:42:36 PM
“I was a member of the Jedi Order a long time ago, under the apprenticeship of Master Yoda. Myself and my brother were sent out on a diplomatic mission to the outer rim, and for this were put into stasis… there was an error in the mission and we were left frozen for over a hundred years,” Aaron recounted, a tale he knew too well.

“Dasquian found his way here, though I was captured by an Imperial Diktat … he thought me dead, and only relocated me a few months ago.”

Shandri La
Apr 7th, 2003, 08:11:15 AM
With a nod of her head, she listens to Aaron tell his tale.

"At least the two of you are together again. That's an important thing."

Shandri, not knowing what else to say right now, just falls silent, her thoughts going to her sister and how much she misses her.

Aaron Belargic
Apr 8th, 2003, 03:49:31 AM
Sensing the sadness in Shandri, Aaron decides to pick up the conversation on another topic.

“… Do you know many other people here?”

Shandri La
Apr 8th, 2003, 08:11:46 AM
"Not really. I've only met a couple of ppl since arriving here. In fact, I count the number of ppl I've met on my hands, that's how few ppl I've met. How about yourself?"

Aaron Belargic
Apr 8th, 2003, 08:23:40 AM
“Well… you, my brother, my brothers’ best friend and my brothers companion, plus two other Padawans. So six people. I guess we’re both loners huh?” he said with a small smile.

Shandri La
Apr 8th, 2003, 08:39:08 AM
A smile appears on her face as Aaron lists off the number of ppl he knows here himself.

"Yeah, I guess we both are loners here. The ppl I know here are: you, your brother he's teaching me, four other padawans, and Zeke. So I guess that would make 7 ppl.

But I'm not complaining to much. I'm used to being in a big crowd of ppl, and not a single one of them would even acknowledge the fact that I exist."

Shandri goes silent for a moment before starting to speak again.

"I know that we have just met and all, but I'm wondering if you might want to go for a drink with me sometime?"

Aaron Belargic
Apr 8th, 2003, 08:46:16 AM
Aaron nodded emphatically at the mention of being in a big crowd and not getting noticed. He felt like that quite often, now – although it had not been the same when he had originally joined the Jedi.

The proposition of going to get a drink made him smile more broadly.

“I’d love to go for a drink with you, Shandri.”

Shandri La
Apr 8th, 2003, 08:52:21 AM
The smile on her face gets bigger when Aaron agrees to go for a drink with her.

"Well, when do you want to go?"

Aaron Belargic
Apr 8th, 2003, 08:54:36 AM
Not having anything planned for the afternoon, except a stroll through the gardens surrounding the LQ, Aaron suggested:

“We could go now, if you want.”

Shandri La
Apr 8th, 2003, 08:58:43 AM
"Sounds good to me. Do you want to lead the way."

Aaron Belargic
Apr 8th, 2003, 09:05:12 AM
“Sure. Follow me (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28614).”