PDA

View Full Version : For the Moderators

Sable
Apr 2nd, 2003, 09:08:07 AM
First, let me say that I love the board!

Before I make any kind of a post in your roleplaying forum, I wanted to ask: With how vast the star wars universe is, do people make up names for planets of where their characters are from? I know some use the names of real planets in the guidebooks and encyclopedias for SW, but I was wondering if creating a planet for the purpose of having a background story for your character is allowed.

ReaperFett
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:10:19 AM
Yeah, making up a planet is fine. Just dont make it unfeasable.

Kelt Simoson
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:24:00 AM
Welcome to the boards Sable :)

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:29:04 AM
:wave Hi Hello to Sable!

I believe the long answer is try to look for similar planets you can use... There are a plethora of humanoid-inhabited planets and you can find more information about them on the web. (Or, you can ask some of our resident information-hounds to gather some for you)

The short answer is, like Fett said, feel free to creat a planet / race / culture, but please make it reasonable. Reasonable usually means no God-like powers, no incredibly annoying manerisms (like beheadding the first person to say the word "pudding" or something) and, for your own benefit, remember to pic a race where you'll be able to find pictures of it. :)

If you need any help, please feel free to PM me.

Sable
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:01:20 AM
:Poke

Heh, Thanks :) *Points to the poke emote* I like that one!

Oh, believe me, I'd keep it very reasonable and nothing major. Just a small planet inhabited by humans; perhaps a few various creatures because no planet is complete without creepy crawlies and just the standard technologies found in the SW Universe.

Should I perhaps post a thread giving information on the planet? Maybe that would help and perhaps get some constructive feedback on it?

Vega Van-Derveld
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:03:47 AM
:D:thumbup sounds like a plan.

Sanis Prent
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:05:28 AM
For the Moderators

First, let me say that I love the board!

Ooooh, n00bs bearing flattery. Makes me warm and fuzzy.

As for posting up the info, thats not a bad idea. Best to play it safe, than sorry.

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:07:30 AM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
Makes me warm and fuzzy.

Dude, you are warm and fuzzy. :p

And welcome to the place, Sable. :)

Sable
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:10:33 AM
:) Thanks everyone! Alright, I'll work up a post for the planet. It'll probably be a bare bones post about it to begin with, but maybe with input from others, it can become something splendid :)

Oh . . . should I post it as a new thread, or just post it in this one?

Sanis Prent
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:16:45 AM
just post it here :)

Sable
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:28:00 AM
Ok, just one more quick question then I will post what I've been thinking of for this planet. Would it bother people to make the human inhabitants .. hmm .. deeply spiritual? I dont want to -possibly- offend anyone with a made up religion.

ReaperFett
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:30:50 AM
Cant see a problem.

Sanis Prent
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:43:38 AM
I've got a character who is from a planet like that.

Sable
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:47:51 AM
Ok here goes nothing: *crosses her fingers* Please keep in mind that this will probably read more like a story of its creation thats been handed down throughout the ages to those inhabiting the planet. They're human, deeply spiritual and perhaps in many ways, like a place that has been forgotten. Set out of the normal paths of space travel, etc.

The World of Arastonia:

...was formed by the will of Olhantam the Creator. Its surface was sculptured by the whims, and the Mists, of Kaichea, Goddess of Chaos. From the World's Well to the Eye of the Storm, Arastonia is a place full of fantastic realities. It is a harsh and untamed realm of jagged mountains and dark forests, of deep swamps and dry plains, of vast oceans and great deserts. And yet, despite its cruelty, Arastonia is a world of unrivaled beauty. It is a gentle land of fertile valleys and green prairies, of lush woodlands and sparkling lakes, of rolling hills and clear, blue sky. It is a world whose marvelous wonders fill all its lands, and the races which live here are no less extraordinary.

Different races of humans and humanoids are found on every known continent of the globe, and all of them possess their own individual and distinctive cultures and societies. The fabled Whisties, or more commonly known as firefolk are in themselves the very heart of the woodlands, as they dwell in their castles of living trees. The stout (dwarven-like, I suppose) people are the true rock of the earth, and it is their exquisite crafting of metal and their great citadels of stone which are legendary throughout all the world. The neebling folk happily live at peace with all their surroundings, enjoying their burrows and huts of comfort, and the finest meals in all of Arastonia's underground. And lastly, there are the sly, little gnomads who slip through tunnels and burrows and lush forests with equal familiarity. Their escapades and good humor are as well known as their comradeship, but these gentle pranksters can work gemstones like no other. All this and more is Arastonia.

For all its charm and beauty, the world of Arastonia is doomed to eternal transformation. The source of this unnatural metamorphosis is a very tangible threat. But, to the people of the planet, they believe its the work of the Gods their spirituality is based upon. They believe that during Arastonia's creation, Kaichea cloaked the world within a thick cloud cover. She then caused the cloud layer to descend down onto the surface of Arastonia. These clouds, known as the Mists, actually sculpted the surface of Arastonia, and formed all of the world's terrain, from its mountain peaks to ocean floors.

Surely there has to be some other explanation for this, however, these spiritual peoples are not easily convinced otherwise. Perhaps someone or some race has found a reason to set up some kind of pretentious scheme in order to gain control of Arastonia?

Within this immense and unbridled land, the common folk of Arastonia live their lives without worry of such pretentious schemes. As the civilized realms stretch boldly through savage, new frontiers, great warriors duel and engage in terrible wars. Priests bring their words of wisdom and the will of their gods to followers and non-believers alike. Powerful magicians (perhaps Sith Magicians?) transgress the boundaries of the supernatural and evoke the forces of the elements as they weave their spells of terrible destruction. And travelers meander across the countryside, singing their songs and telling tales of deeds noble and true, even as the unseen hand of the rogue slips into the purses of the unsuspecting...

Where the Mists flow, that which exists is undone. Where the Mists fade, new realms are unveiled. Within this madness, Arastonia struggles to survive the chaos, striving against the Mists' promise of destruction. (I figure this Mist is more like pollution, but thats open for interpretation and conversion)

There are seven known continents, six oceans, and nine great seas covering the approximate one-third of Arastonia that is not blanketed by the Mists. The oceans, despite their immensity, are akin to rivers in many ways. Though they span the globe, they flow about the lands and the Mists. The continents and the Mists separate the oceans, and the seas connect them. But the majority of the surface of Arastonia remains cloaked by the Mists. Easily twice the land mass of the known continents could yet be hidden in the grey expanse of the Mists...

Next post will be more about the peoples inhabiting this planet if the current information posted is ok'd.

Sorry for the length of this post.

Zasz Grimm
Apr 2nd, 2003, 02:27:36 PM
A n00b...who can write?

:thumbup

And don't worry about post lengths at all. If we worried about that, we would be in a panic.

I've read some of it, but due to time constraints, will get to it later tonight.

Welcome to SWfans, btw.

:)

Sable
Apr 2nd, 2003, 02:32:51 PM
Thanks. I'm new here, not to roleplaying or writing :lol I suppose its safe to go ahead with a post in either the storytelling forum or the roleplaying forum?

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 2nd, 2003, 02:53:51 PM
Awesome story line :) Welcome to Fan's... Hope you enjoy :)

Severen Morkonis
Apr 2nd, 2003, 03:02:32 PM
Sable you dont happen to come from a board called Santharia do you? :)

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 2nd, 2003, 03:31:17 PM
to Pan now or Pan later.... that... is the question.

Aw stuff it, I'm in a phegmatic mood. Welcome to the Asylum known as SW-Fans. Escape hatches are here and here and in the quite likely event of a person sponteneously combusting, fire extingushers are located under your seat

Sable
Apr 2nd, 2003, 03:50:03 PM
Santharia ? No, can't say I've heard of it. :) Is there a link to it from here?

*Pays close attention as she is directed around the asylum then checks under her seat.*

I think this fire extinguisher's already been used. :\

Thanks everyone! Thank you Alana! I think I'll begin with telling the story of Arastonia in the storytellers forum. Might help me get into the swing of posting on a board as well.

Y'all have some wonderful pics under your names. :( Mine doesn't reduce in size without getting all messed up.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:05:26 PM
Yes, well, people and budgies seem to burst into flames all the time around here. Never really figured that out

Sable
Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:32:31 PM
I see. Psst . . . by budgies, do you mean those lil' parakeets?

Leeloo Mina
Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:33:30 PM
Welcome to the board, even though I'm a bit late at saying it.. I dont really RP anymore, I just hang out and annoy everyone. ^_^;

And the pic under my name is my RL self.

A n00b...who can write?

Yes!! :D

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:35:35 PM
Originally posted by Sable
I see. Psst . . . by budgies, do you mean those lil' parakeets?

If they are small and green or blue, come from Australia and talk like blazes, yes.

Sable
Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:49:35 PM
Greetings, Leeloo! Great pic! I don't think I'll put up my real life pic for sometime. If anyone really wants to see it, they can figure out how to pm me :lol

Uh huh, those are the same lil birdies. So um . . . is it just a coinkydink that these keep spontaneously combusting?

PS: I've made my very first two posts in the storytellers forum! Go me!

Xazor Elessar
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:50:11 PM
Oooooooooo! Welcome Sable!

A n00b that can write! :D That's one in a million! :lol

*Huggles*

It's great to have you here, you seem like a really cool person! *Nudge* We'll have to do an RP together sometime! :) That would be awesome. :)

:Poke

I love that one too -- it's sooooo cute! :D

TheHolo.Net
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:54:57 PM
... Y'all have some wonderful pics under your names. :( Mine doesn't reduce in size without getting all messed up. If you'd like you can attach it to an email and send it to webmaster@sw-fans.net and I'll see what I can do for you in the way of resizing.

Welcome to SWFans.Net Forums. :)

imported_Eve
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:04:59 PM
Welcome to SWFans.

:: watches all the chilluns play nice ::

Sable
Apr 2nd, 2003, 08:30:34 PM
:) :) Wow! Thanks so very much SWFans.Net! Email is on its way. Hello Xazor! *huggles back* I'd love to get involved with an rp with you. That sounds fun :) Nice to meet you, Eve. Is everyone here so nice?

Zeke
Apr 2nd, 2003, 08:35:38 PM
Nah, I hear I'm a mean ol' cuss. :) I won't welcome you, since that's been done already, but I will tell you to have fun while you're here. After all, that's the entire point of roleplay.

Shawn
Apr 2nd, 2003, 08:39:32 PM
Is everyone here so nice?Mmm... naaaah. ;)

I'm the third admin, by the way. Name's Shawn, but most people also know me as "Nupraptor". Nice to meet you.

Feel free to Private Message anyone on the staff or post in our Communications forum (http://www.swforums.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=21) if you need assistance with anything.

Hope you have fun here. :)

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Apr 2nd, 2003, 08:40:32 PM
mean ol' cuss? sure sure dear...*hugs* welcome to our little boards, hope ya enjoy your stay.....

TheHolo.Net
Apr 2nd, 2003, 08:50:57 PM
Your avatar (picture) is done and added to your account.

Sable
Apr 2nd, 2003, 09:01:59 PM
Great! Thank you so very much! You're all very nice and sure know how to make someone feel welcome. Nice to meet you Shawn/Nupraptor, Zeke and Sorressa :) Okies, I suppose now is the time to figure out a post to make in the rp forum or read more to see if I can maybe ask about joining an existing thread that isn't too far into its storyline.

Any suggestions on which avenue may be the best to persue?

Also, I noticed that most here have either AIM, MSN, yahoo, or ICQ messaging. Is that a good thing to have?

*Admits she has never used a messaging thing before*

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Apr 2nd, 2003, 09:05:42 PM
pretty much, I would read around a bit then pm or aim the people involved to see if you can come into their thread....

Sable
Apr 2nd, 2003, 09:08:21 PM
Ok, thanks again. *Notes to self to look into getting AIM*

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 2nd, 2003, 09:12:56 PM
AIM = crack. I'm like, addicted to it.

But yes, it is a good way of contacting people to just chit chat about nonsense or the latest cd that is out *huggles Meteora*, or to plan and talk about RP's and the such. Also a good way of finding junk out about other people here.

Of course, there is that PM thingy the forums have... Though that is a good thing to use when one isn't on AIM or yahoo! or icq..or msn... etc.

Figrin D'an
Apr 2nd, 2003, 09:18:24 PM
The instant messenger of choice around here seems to be AIM, although many people have Yahoo! Messenger as well. Having at least one is very useful.

Personally, I like Trillian (http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/trillian/download.html).
It lets you use multiple IM clients (AIM, Yahoo, MSN, etc.) at once, and has some nice features.

There are several people around here that can help you with setting up an instant messenger. Just ask if you need any help. :)

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 2nd, 2003, 09:45:47 PM
Yeah. AIM makes it easier to coordinate RPs alot of times. But it's not absolutely necessary. Sometimes I like to coordinate RPs over the PM system better than AIM.

There's tons of people around here for you to talk to. It's almost like a family. You'll find that most people around here can write, but few of us can actually write well. I think that when people say you can write, they mean write well. :)

Sable
Apr 2nd, 2003, 09:45:58 PM
:) Thank you very much, Figrin. I think I'm on a roll today :lol .. Now, if I downloaded this right and set it up correctly, my screen name is SableSonhali ..

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:00:27 PM
:wave

Hiya and welcomed to the boards. I'm one of the RP mods here :) If you downloaded AIM right my name is Navaria Tarkin if you ever need anything ^_^

Figrin D'an
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:04:54 PM
AIM and Yahoo! ID's are both NDKroken... feel free to drop me a line.

Jackson DeWitt
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:07:43 PM
AIM = JacksonGDeWitt

Pleasure to meet you! If you need any help, or information (especially around the Jedi), then I'm the one to talk to. I know my way around the GJO like the back of my hand. I'm not a Jedi...well, not yet...but I will be, I promise, so if you're thinking about that, lemme know. I'm sure I could help you out! Anyway, see you soon!

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:14:47 PM
Aim: Sorreessa during the night only though, stupid school firewall

Sable
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:52:11 PM
:) Thank you all so very much! I added you to that buddy list. I think I'll end up asking many questions as I get more use to posting here. As I was telling one of your posters over AIM, I think this is the friendliest board I've visited while searching for a place to settle my character into.

Oh yes! Thank you, too, Wei Wu Wei :)

Logic
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:00:23 PM
I am that poster! :lol Toldja I had a ton o' names. :D

Lady Vader
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:03:26 PM
*Comes to a screeching hault in the thread.*

:wave Hiya Sable! Welcome to SWF!

Oh, and... beware the Frying Pan. *Points to Marcus.* :D

Logic
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:06:20 PM
Marcus isn't the only one who can wield it. Beware Lillian Snow, for she too is capable of Panning.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:08:06 PM
and the force Waffle Iron, wielded by me and or Videl....let's see, Force Trout, Steel Chair...sooo many to avoid....

Jackson DeWitt
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:11:38 PM
Don't listen to any of these people. The Pan, FWI, and all that other nonsense is no match for pure grit, heart, and determination.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:12:38 PM
oh hush Rudy.....j/k.... :lol

Stardust
Apr 3rd, 2003, 12:14:21 AM
Theres also the Force Titanic theme, and the Force Shovel and others too...

I'm sure someone has those that haven't been seen yet...

Sable
Apr 3rd, 2003, 12:20:49 AM
:lol You're cracking me up! Oh! HA! You did tell me that on AIM, didn't you :p

I meant to ask before, what are those lil' stars under your names for?

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 3rd, 2003, 12:22:02 AM
:wave Hi Sable and welcome!

Be ware of midgets with strange accents bearing gifts. :) And be sure to have fun!! :D

Shawn
Apr 3rd, 2003, 12:39:20 AM
1-3 Stars denotes the number of posts you have. 1 star at 50, 2 stars at 500, 3 stars at 5,000+

4 stars is a moderator

5 stars is an administrator

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:15:53 AM
And 6 stars means you need to get your monitor fixed. Either that or to go have a pint, eh? :D

Sable
Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:51:38 AM
ROFL! Ok, hold up.

*Jots down all these lil' notes: Budgies and people spontaneously combust, beware of gift bearing midgets, 6 stars causes monitor to blow up.*

Ok, I think I have it covered. :lol

But dang! That's a lot of posting! Ok, guess I'll have to type until my fingers are smoking!!

And I just now realize its 2 AM! Oi vay, Insomnia. Gotta love it . . .

Sleep well all! Pleasant dreams when you sleep and ... *cues dramatic drum roll* ... I actually managed to figure out a post to make in the rp forum! *Happy dances for ridding her mind of writer's block*

Morgan Evanar
Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:50:16 AM
Most use AIM. I have everything through Trillian, but I also keep of a copy of Y! IM for its unmatched multimedia capabilities.

Vega Van-Derveld
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:00:15 AM
:wave hellooooo new person who everyone loves

Sable
Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:20:06 PM
:) Helloooooo person I don't know yet but hope to get the chance to! :) *feels all mushy inside now*

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:57:19 PM
Originally posted by Jackson DeWitt
Don't listen to any of these people. The Pan, FWI, and all that other nonsense is no match for pure grit, heart, and determination.

..... you havent been panned yet , have you :p

Lets see if I can remember them all. Force Wedgy was the first, then came Force Frying Pan. Force Titanic Theme is banned in 95% of the Galaxy, there's also Force Kittens, Force Bad TV, Force Acme Labs (for guarentteed lunacy), Force PMS (Lady Vader), Force Kick in the Nuts (Helenias), Force Waffle Iron (Videl), dae got a move which right now I cant remember what it is, Taylor has Force Steel Chair, Nupraptor had Force Frozen Trout, Hob has Force Baseball Bat. Oh, Lounge Lizard has the gruesome Force Enema. Oh, there's the noxious Force Fart,

If you wander by GJO, there's the added inasanity of whipped cream, rafter, pancakes, Naked Rangers, evil Admins who act when it amuses themselves, Pictures, lyrics, discussions on life and Weeeeeeeeeee!

But seriously, this is one great place. AIM me on Darth Turbogeek if you feel the need to talk to SW-Fan's Cranky Old Man.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 3rd, 2003, 04:03:08 PM
He lies. He isn't really old. :)

Sable
Apr 3rd, 2003, 05:58:50 PM
:lol :lol :lol My stomach hurts from laughing too much. All these force dangers around here!

Figrin D'an
Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:03:54 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
If you wander by GJO, there's the added inasanity of whipped cream, rafter, pancakes, Naked Rangers, evil Admins who act when it amuses themselves, Pictures, lyrics, discussions on life and Weeeeeeeeeee!

Some of us have still managed to maintain our sanity through incredible feats of mental fortitude. ;)

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:07:24 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
Some of us have still managed to maintain our sanity through incredible feats of mental fortitude. ;)

Yeah right. Your just as nuts as the rest of us. You just have a different way of showing it

Kelt Simoson
Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:07:32 PM
:lol :lol :lol My stomach hurts from laughing too much. All these force dangers around here!

Better watch Morgs Trout to...oh and Marcus' force fart...

Droo
Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:10:19 PM
Fig has a different way of showing his nuts. o_O

:lol

Sable
Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:04:01 PM
O_O :lol Ok *adds to her notes. Be wary of force farts, force pannings, force PMS, and any other force danger*

GJO = Greater Jedi Order? I'm assuming since I saw that on the board.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:20:13 PM
GJO = Greater Jedi Order? I'm assuming since I saw that on the board.Correct. Also, all that Force (whatever) are pretty much OOC devices, though at one point it wasn't so x_x

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:30:55 PM
You forgot about Force Coffee Cup :cry

Sable
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:04:10 PM
Aha! Alright, gotcha on that force ooc device stuff. *Is learning so much!*

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:20:00 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Correct. Also, all that Force (whatever) are pretty much OOC devices, though at one point it wasn't so x_x

Who said it's only OOC?

:D

Morgan Evanar
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:34:56 PM
BAKA!

-Borrows Videl's waffle iron and clanks him upside the head-

'sides, I said pretty much. And really, they should be. =p

Sable
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:40:24 PM
O.o! such violence! :lol Y'all are great :)

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:46:30 PM
:lol never had mine stolen before.... O_o

TheHolo.Net
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:49:05 PM
O.o! such violence! :lol Y'all are great :) And so far you have only met a select few of the personalities. We all have several of them (with individual personalities come seperate names).

BTW: If you see people calling someone Ogre, they would be referring to me since my main RP character is named Ogre. :)

Sable
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:52:29 PM
Ahhh! Ok. I'm very use to roleplaying medieval/fantasy, but I love starwars! Read most of the books, seen the films a billiongajillion times and I'm into costuming. This is a nice change from fantasy rp. Do y'all play more than one character here?

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:56:28 PM
:lol we play tons.....most of us have 10 at the least.....

Sable
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:58:22 PM
O_O I think I'll stick with Sable for now :lol I have to use my friends comp because mine kind of blew up. Good thing I live with her and her family :lol

Zeke
Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:04:36 PM
Someone go save her from Yuu-huu before the li'l mo'fo scars her for life. :lol

TheHolo.Net
Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:09:23 PM
O_O I think I'll stick with Sable for now :lol I have to use my friends comp because mine kind of blew up. Good thing I live with her and her family :lol I think most of us started with a single character and then grew into others as we went on.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:10:02 PM
And before Darth Chicken turns up

TheHolo.Net
Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:11:12 PM
I hope you folks don't spook her off with gimmick characters in serios RPs. :verymad

Zeke
Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:17:38 PM
Serious RP? Since when was Yuu-huu ever in a serious RP? :lol

Sable
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:14:32 AM
:lol No worries, I'm not easily spooked. Do I dare ask what a Darth Chicken is?

Darth Chicken
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:19:42 AM
:: Pokes Sable with his cane ::

Dont like the look of this one. Eyes are too close together.

* Now why is alternate name for a cat in my sig censored? :/ *

TheHolo.Net
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:23:15 AM
Originally posted by Darth Chicken
* Now why is alternate name for a cat in my sig censored? :/ * It isn't now, because it has been removed.

Sable
Apr 4th, 2003, 08:04:24 AM
:lol Ooooook! I asked, and now I know what a Darth Chicken is. That is too funny :)

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 4th, 2003, 08:42:46 AM
Well, you haven't seen the other two. Darth Peepers and Gibbon Meffoon. Those threads are always so funny.

Sable
Apr 4th, 2003, 08:58:11 AM
Hm, maybe I won't ask this time :lol

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 4th, 2003, 09:20:17 AM
You learn quickly. Maybe you'll survive this place with your sanity mostly in tact after all. Mostly...in...tact.... Yeah.

Alpha
Apr 4th, 2003, 09:35:16 AM
I doubt it. :) Hi, I'm Alpha (or Satine, take your pick), the board's resident Rafter Monkey. :) Nice ta meetcha!

Sable
Apr 4th, 2003, 09:36:32 AM
I hope so! Currently, I'm finding it quite funny that Sable's been taken hostage already by a nutcase and an insane Chicken. I was laughing so hard, I nearly couldn't post!

I like the fun of that thread, though. In fact, I rather enjoy the element of surprise in roleplaying; whether it's on a board or on IRC. I know that many like to plan things ahead of time; IE: duels, plotlines etc, and thats all good.

I figure as long as you're not stating for fact that you killed my character, I can go with the flow. If her death is to be? Fine, but I do like to have say in how she dies. No one wants a stupid death, you know?

Steal from my char? Go ahead. Start a fight or argument with her? Go ahead. I'm pretty easy going where rp and storylines are concerned.

Howdy Alpha! Nice to meet you, too!

Vega Van-Derveld
Apr 4th, 2003, 11:32:17 AM
Someone's been taken hostage? This sounds like a job for....

CAPTAIN CORUSCANT!

Jason Dreggs
Apr 4th, 2003, 11:44:10 AM
Just a suggestion and Vega will agree with me on this one. Stay away from a guy who goes by the name of Blade Ice, both IC and OOC. All other characters of his especially me you can hang out with. ;)

FireKat
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:04:26 PM
*peeks into thread* :cat

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Leeloo Mina
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:07:43 PM
We're gonna scare way the fresh meat!! :mneh

We're all a little..diffrent here, but I'm the most sane of everyone. ;)

You'll get used to it.. it's alot of fun here and it seems that people like you already :)

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:18:08 PM
What? It's always like this when a newbie shows up, didn;t you know? :lol ^_^;

Captain Coruscant
Apr 4th, 2003, 01:03:36 PM
We're all schizo’s, pretty much -- but that's what makes us so lovable :love :)

Sable
Apr 4th, 2003, 02:08:39 PM
ROFL I'm having a hard time breathing from reading these posts; laughing too hard.

Ok, so I can pretty much count on seeing weird uses of the force, poultry brought to life, insanity and much more. Do I need to be fitted for a straight jacket, or are they one size fits all? :p

Aaron Belargic
Apr 4th, 2003, 02:10:30 PM
We've pretty much monopolized the straight jacket industry here, so you should find one to suit your needs.

Either that or you can share with someone ;)

Sable
Apr 4th, 2003, 02:14:37 PM
Ooo! Might look a little strange to just sidle up to someone and say:

"Hey there big fella', mind if I squeeze in there with ya'?" Then give one of those real cheesy winks. :lol

Mr. Happy
Apr 4th, 2003, 02:16:35 PM
<font color=FF00FF>What's all this crazy talk about straight-jakets?</font>

<font color=00FF00>Get it....CRAZY TALK....ohhh I kill myself sometimes!</font>

Sable
Apr 4th, 2003, 02:19:53 PM
HA! You slay me!

Leeloo Mina
Apr 4th, 2003, 02:36:25 PM
We have straight jackets in every color, size and you can also get your padded walls dyed.

Vega Van-Derveld
Apr 4th, 2003, 02:37:40 PM
you can also get your padded walls dyed

... to bring out the colour in your eyes =^_^=

Leeloo Mina
Apr 4th, 2003, 02:42:47 PM
COLOR!!!

IT'S SPELT COLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..okay sorry :)

It doesn't bother me.. actually, when i was younger I spelt it colour because the first time I seen it spelt it was like that. :uhoh

But yes.. I dont reccomend getting your jacket, hair, skin, and walls all the same color though.. you'll be hidden and someone will sit o you.

Sable
Apr 4th, 2003, 02:45:09 PM
Ohhh! Padded walls too!? Hm, what does one have to do to get a room with padded walls?

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 4th, 2003, 03:42:47 PM
You have to sleep with a moderator.

:mischief

:mneh

TheHolo.Net
Apr 4th, 2003, 03:44:21 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
You have to sleep with a moderator.

:mischief

:mneh Sounds like you are offering or implying your own wishes.

Gets camera

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 4th, 2003, 03:46:30 PM
:eek

Well I'm just saying that's how *I* got my padded room. :D

Sanis Prent
Apr 4th, 2003, 03:48:29 PM
:o!!!

^_^;

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Apr 4th, 2003, 03:56:14 PM
:lol dun think I want a padded room that bad..... :crack :crack

Leeloo Mina
Apr 4th, 2003, 04:19:47 PM
Really Hollie..? That's how I got mine too :D ;)

I'd like to have an actual padded room.. it would be fun I think.

Sable
Apr 4th, 2003, 04:20:17 PM
http://syren.cc/smileys/private.gifhttp://syren.cc/smileys/joker.gif

Umm . . . is there another way to get my own padded room? :crack

Stardust
Apr 5th, 2003, 12:40:03 AM
Who needs a padded room anywho?

What we need is one of those nice out door mental hospitals...

Sable
Apr 5th, 2003, 07:31:14 AM
There's an idea. Surround it with bushes and pad those? :)