PDA

View Full Version : I found this quite disgusting

ReaperFett
Apr 1st, 2003, 06:17:06 AM
(It's not about the war so much, dont say it should be elsewhere :))

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=14850

How is it that peace is considered a BAD thing?

Darth Viscera
Apr 1st, 2003, 06:25:46 AM
Well, let her tell us about the context of the gesture in question first. She could have been giving the V for victory, and each of the buckingham palace guys represent the british standing by our side.

ReaperFett
Apr 1st, 2003, 06:44:52 AM
But the film isnt about the war. It is about a girl in Britain. It's her flashing a peace sign. Nothing more. Isnt that what EVERYONE wants in the US?

Dutchy
Apr 1st, 2003, 06:55:46 AM
Her middle finger looks awfully long. :p

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:01:34 AM
I think its because the war is so controversial that WB decided to change the poster. That way, theyre not seen to be taking either side.

ReaperFett
Apr 1st, 2003, 11:22:37 AM
They werent taking a side before though. Any numbskull knows that a poster isnt made in a week or something.

Sanis Prent
Apr 1st, 2003, 11:24:24 AM
But public opinions are. Guess they figured it could be a detriment to sales.

JMK
Apr 1st, 2003, 11:53:00 AM
Wow, I find that really sad. Almost as sad as the maniacs who demanded to have the Two Towers changed to something else.
Yes, that was a joke, but the idea in both cases is ridiculous in my opinion. I suppose I can understand the studios' trepidation over this type of "stance" but I still think it's weak. They're like pro athletes and other movie stars who never voice their opinion because they think they have too much to lose. :\

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:37:50 PM
I know it stupid the poster was made months ago, they weren't take a side, and I doubt that poster would hurt sales for the movie, the only people who will go see that are teenage girls and I don't think they will be influenced by that one way or the other.