PDA

View Full Version : The Usual Trouble (Lady Vader)

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 31st, 2003, 02:09:05 PM
He hadn’t wanted to go to her. He really hadn’t wanted to. But he hadn’t known what else to do, either. Since his father had learned of his choice to join the Sith Order, all funds had been cut off. And he wasn’t about to turn to his twin brother for assistance – he knew his brother would only pass the word on to his father, and that would be all the worse – for his father to know he needed help.

On top of it all, he kept getting letters and holopad messaged from a woman he didn’t know. She claimed he was the father of the baby she was carrying. From the dates and locations specified in her letters, he knew it was impossible that it was him. Not to mention, since he’d walked through the halls of the Sith Order, he could easily count on one hand the number of times something like that would have been possible. Girls hadn’t exactly been his top priority lately. His training had been – particularly since he’d been humbled several times in various spars.

But he wasn’t exactly sure what to do about the letters or the messages. The last letter to him had come from an attorney in Coronet and it had more than threatened a lawsuit and a court date. And he’d been in trouble enough times in Coronet to know that his master wouldn’t exactly take kindly to him trying to take this one into his own hands. Not in the city so close to them.

Miserably, he walked down the hall to her chambers, letters and printouts of the holopad messages in hand. He’d never visited her in her chambers before and admittedly, despite his bravado, he was nervous.

She seemed to consider him a complete screw up, and he had worked hard – very hard – to change this view. But this, in his mind, was only going to set him back to square one. Of course this had happened to him.

With a heavy sigh, he knocked on her door, hoping against all odds that she would have the time to talk to him, and that she was in a relatively good mood, for he was really in a bad situation and needed a little help.

Lady Vader
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:03:12 AM
*LV was reclining on her sofa in the living area of her room, lazely scratching Iesis' head as the large panther lay beside the sofa. She heard the knock and lifted her hand slightly to open the door via the Force. The door opened silently to reveal Maxim standing on the other side.*

*She smiled, having felt him standing there for a few moments before actually knocking, and gestured for him to sit down.*

You have something on your mind, Maxim?

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:46:47 AM
The door had fallen open by the call of the force, revealing his master on the other side accompanied by a rather large panther. He released a shallow breath, trying to remain as calm as possible. It wasn’t that he feared her, but she certainly made him uneasy – despite the smile she had permitted to him.

At her gesture, he stepped inside and took a seat, the letters still clutched tightly in his hand. His knuckles were white with how tightly he was clutching them at the moment. He wasn’t sure exactly where to begin, and she made it easy for him, cutting through any pleasantries and getting straight to the issue at hand.

You have something on your mind, Maxim?

It was on the edge of his seat that he sat, his normally tan face somewhat pale. His gaze flickered to the panther and then back to his master.

“Uh, yeah.” He bit his lip as somewhat nervously his hands rolled the documents into a scroll.

He sighed and then began.

“There’s this girl that I don’t know and she keeps sending me all these letters and holopad messages.” With this he’d begun to unroll them and smooth them out.

He handed them to LV as he continued.

“You can read it yourself if you want, but basically she’s claiming…” He shifted a bit, visibly squirming at what it was he had to say out loud.

He struggled with exactly how to explain it, for it didn’t exactly sound great any way he put it.

“She’s trying to say I got her pregnant.” He finally was able to admit. But even as he said it, it sounded even to him as if he was trying to deny something he had actually done.

‘But I didn’t. There’s no way that I did.” He added immediately after, the tone of his voice not only defensive, but carrying the concern he obviously felt regarding the matter. The thought of possibly being a father at this point in his life was terrifying to him. But almost even worse was the fact that he wanted for LV to think of him as something other than a screw up, and this situation only seemed to indicate that he probably was.

That the girl would have believed him to be the father seemed to somehow place him at that event, capable of being so completely irresponsible – whether he had been or not.

His gaze flickered away from hers as he felt a slight flush of humiliation rise to his cheeks.

“She’s got a lawyer from Coronet after me about it and I don’t know what Im supposed to do.” The kid who usually put on such an act of confidence and non-chalance for once actually sounded slightly defeated.

Lady Vader
Apr 4th, 2003, 10:23:45 PM
*LV took the letters, holding them to keep them from rolling again, and continued to listen to Maxim while scanning the papers. After he had finished, she set the letters on the desk beside the couch and looked at him.*

Calm yourself, Maxim. This matter can be dealt with easily enough. We'll either ask the lawyer nicely to back down, or he will face the consiquences of angry one of TSO Elders.

*She snorted lightly.*

As to the claims this girl is making, they can easily be squashed by a DNA testing.

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 6th, 2003, 01:35:26 PM
(ooc note: *laughs* Im going to make this look bad for him. Hes an identical twin, so DNA testing wont be able to tell him apart from his twin brother. His brother will be the one who actually is the father, but Im not sure he's mentioned his twin to LV at all... :) If, of course, the lawyers *dares* to continue on... )

He released a somewhat relieved sigh. She made it seem so easy to handle. But it hadnt felt that way to him - a kid with no finances of his own to speak of anymore, and little experience in actually dealing with anything on his own. As an athlete, life had been made pretty easy for him. It was only now that he was getting a taste of what the real world could be like.

"I am calm...." He grumbled under his breath, though it was rather entirely untrue. He'd been rather concerned about it, not knowing how he should, could, or would be allowed to handle the situation.

"So there's nothing I have to do...you'll just....take care of it?" He asked.

Lady Vader
Apr 6th, 2003, 10:29:56 PM
*She waved a hand.*

I'll just take care of it.

*She let the hand drop again. lazily petting Iesis' head.*

But I will need to know anything you can tell me about this. I'll need to know where you were when this girl got pregnant, and so on.

It's always best to have a backup plan.

(OOC: Sounds good to me. =) )

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 7th, 2003, 02:50:17 PM
He seemed relieved until she told him that she would need to know where he had been during this time that the girl claimed he had gotten her pregnant.

He looked as if he were about to speak, but then closed his mouth and his eyes flickered uneasily to the floor.

“I was on spring break from school.” He stated, his not moving from the floor where he studied the rather large paws of the panther at Lady Vader’s feet.

“In the same city that she claims it happened in.”

He shifted in his seat, looking back up at LV.

“I know it sounds bad, but honestly, I didn’t do it.” He added hastily, looking up as if to see if she believed him.

It didn’t cross his mind that it could have been his brother. His brother didn’t do those sorts of things. His brother had a serious girlfriend that he was just about engaged to marry, and besides, his brother had told him he hadn’t been able to make it there until a few days later than when the girl claimed it happened.

Everything seemed to point to Maxim being responsible...or as it was…irresponsible.

Lady Vader
Apr 7th, 2003, 03:53:44 PM
*She mulled the information over, still absently scritching the panther's head. She'd been probing maxim's thoughts lightly, looking for any deceipt, but the boy had been speaking the truth. He really hadn't been involved. So then where did this girl get the audacity to blame him?*

I believe you, Maxim.

*He visibly relaxed, slumping slightly into his chair. My, but the boy was rather high-strung.*

But there is still a reason why this girl believes you may be the father of her child... enough to hire herself a lawyer...

*She pointed to the papers.*

...and a good one at that.

*She sat up and stood, making her way to her computer terminal.*

I think it's time I called this lawyer and had a chat with him.

*She stopped halfway to the terminal and smiled cooly.*

No... I'll invite him here and have a chat with him in person. I'd get more information from him that way.

(OOC: I'm assuming you're going to create a lawyer character of sorts. Seems we'll need something like that.)

Roger Devlin
Apr 8th, 2003, 01:10:11 PM
Roger Devlin arrived not more than 30 minutes later. He was punctual. Always. He had graduated at the top of his class and had been admitted to the Bar of Corellia on his first go round. But no one had doubted that he would. And even before he had graduated, he’d accepted an offer for employment at the largest and most prestigious law firm in Coronet City. And they had met his terms - a rather large salary, partner in two years if he met expectations, and four weeks of vacation, on top of a bonus for all hours billed in excess of the expected billable hours.

He was well put together. He worked from early morning until late at night, and he loved his job. He lived for the tooth and nail battles in and out of the court room.

And he had been the only one – the only one – in the city who would agree to take a case against a member of the Sith Order. He feared no one. Well, not when it came to court cases. Admittedly, he was somewhat wary of actually visiting the Sith Castle, but Lady Vader had made it rather clear that she would not come to his office – he would come to hers.

And so he did.

He eyed the young man that sat with her only briefly enough to recognize him as the one his client was pursuing in the legal action before them. And Lady Vader…he smiled, extending a hand to her.

“It’s a pleasure to finally meet you, Lady Vader. Your name certainly precedes you throughout these parts.”

He was dressed in a suit, his tie still tightly around his neck. He had spent much of the day in court. His dinner had been delivered to him back in his office by one of the secretaries and he had been there mulling over precedents of similar cases to one of the many he was working on when Lady Vader had placed the call to him.

He had been overly annoyed when his secretary put the call through. He had told her he wasn’t accepting calls that evening. But some calls got through. Particularly when they were Sith Masters living high on the hill in Coronet City.

Lady Vader
Apr 8th, 2003, 09:57:46 PM
*LV shook the hand of the lawyer from across her ebony wooden desk, laced with red marble. She then sat herself back down as the lawyer did as well. She got down to the point of his summoning.*

I don't need to tell you why you have been asked here, and on such short notice.

I want to know exactly the claims this woman has against my Apprentice, and I want to know what steps you are taking to investigate into the matter.

*Now came the true test. If he so much as uttered something she did not like, his life ended here and there. But he seemed to be an intelligent fellow. But woe to he that tried to walk around the Dark Side of the Force.*

Roger Devlin
Apr 9th, 2003, 02:57:26 PM
I don't need to tell you why you have been asked here, and on such short notice. I want to know exactly the claims this woman has against my Apprentice, and I want to know what steps you are taking to investigate into the matter.

A woman after his own heart. Time was money and she wasn’t wasting it.

Roger nodded.

He skipped over most of what he would have said to any other person who had hauled him into their office. He had a feeling she wouldn’t have cared for the typical bull he was forced to spout relating to attorney-client privileges, and so on.

“My client’s claim is that your apprentice, a Mister Maxim Vasilijev impregnated her during an encounter in the city of Daytona on a spring break trip from college. It is her contention that they spent the night drinking in a bar called Daisy’s and at the end of the night, they went back to her hotel room, which was located in the same hotel, The Beachcomber, as Mr. Vasilijev. Your apprentice was persistent in his advances and forced himself upon my client despite her pleas for him to stop, or at the very least, to use protection. ”

A quick glance over at the apprentice revealed an expression of disbelief and he had perhaps paled a bit. He’d had a few doubts about his client’s story, but the expression of the apprentice almost seemed guilty he seemed so concerned. This gave Roger all the assurance he needed.

“We will not mention his rape of my client in exchange for all of our demands being met. We are requesting that he pay all child support monies, as will be awarded by the court, until such time that the child reaches the age of maturity. We ask for full custody be given to my client, with some possible rights of visitation to be discussed at a future date. We also ask that Mr. Vasilijev provide for both the mother and child to put them into a mutually suitable housing situation. And lastly, as my client firmly believes in being home to raise a child, we request that Mr. Vasilijev properly provide for her and the child.”

Another quick look at the panicked expression only made him love his job more.

“We plan to request a DNA test if your apprentice denies that he is the father. These tests are able to provide a probability of paternity greater than 99% the results are admissible in a court of law, and may be accompanied by an expert witness service if necessary.”

He smiled, his perfectly white teeth gleaming.

“We have records of your apprentice’s hotel bills, witnesses who could corroborate the rape, the the DNA test.... Your apprentice can either give in to our demands, or we’ll see you in court. And he can face not only the charges brought forth by my client, but criminal liability as well. Its your choice, really.”

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 9th, 2003, 03:03:53 PM
Maxim's face had paled. He'd been at both that hotel and that bar, though for the life of him, he couldnt remember taking home a woman from there. On the other nights, at other bars...well, yeah, he had. But not from Daisy's. At Daisy's he'd been caught up watching sports - afterall, it had been March Madness.

The suggestion that he'd forced himself on any girl made him feel ill. He might have been cocky, but he wasnt a rapist.

And worse, the complete listing of all the support he was supposed to provide for a kid that wasnt his....he sunk into his seat, a miserable expression on his face.

Lady Vader
Apr 10th, 2003, 04:23:58 PM
*LV was silent as the lawyer went through his spew, telling all she needed to know... save for one important detail.*

You will of course check into the backgrounds... histories, if you will, into both your client and my Apprentice, yes? After all, being a lawyer is also being an investigator.

*Her expression grew somewhat cold as a smile spread on her lips, making the air seem chillier in the room.*

Oh yes, and one more thing... don't forget a midichlorian count on the child. DNA isn't everything when it comes to a Force-sensitive being.

*She pointed a finger at him.*

I expect to have copies of all evidence gathered, and I pray, for your sake, that nothing is altered.

Roger Devlin
Apr 10th, 2003, 04:41:31 PM
You will of course check into the backgrounds... histories, if you will, into both your client and my Apprentice, yes? After all, being a lawyer is also being an investigator.

He had been about to explain to her that he himself didn’t actually have to do this work – they had other lower employees who take care of the research for him. He of course would look at it later, but he wasn’t going to look for it himself.

Oh yes, and one more thing... don't forget a midichlorian count on the child. DNA isn't everything when it comes to a Force-sensitive being

He cursed silently. Of course she would think of such a thing. But it didn’t concern him. He had a good feeling his client was telling the truth, and the test would show it.

I expect to have copies of all evidence gathered, and I pray, for your sake, that nothing is altered.

He raised an eyebrow.

“With all due respect, I did take an oath to uphold the highest of ethical standards.” He stated.

“As for the backgrounds of my client and your apprentice, yes, we have begun to investigate those areas. And while we have not yet found a witness willing to say Mr. Vasilijev was forceful with them as well, we have found numerous others who were willing to say they’ve spent the night with him and that he was less than responsible in terms of protection.”

He rose from his seat.

"But I dont believe we'll need to use that information. I expect the results of the test to be conclusive. We will send a representative here, if you prefer, to administer the test, and we will notify you once we have the results."

He adjusted his tie a bit.

"Perhaps then you'll be more interested in discussing my offer."

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 10th, 2003, 04:47:11 PM
Maxim began to look rather uncomfortable. For the most part he’d actually been rather responsible – having feared exactly this sort of thing. He wasn’t ready to be a father – and he certainly wasn’t ready to even think of tying himself down to a woman.

He cast a quick glance over at his master. Around friends he might have maybe bragged about these conquests. Suddenly, as this was laid before his master, he began to feel a little foolish and irresponsible – even if he hadn’t been quite so bad as the lawyer was making him out to be.

The only thing he could cling to was that the test results would not match. They couldn’t match. It just wasn’t possible.

Lady Vader
Apr 10th, 2003, 05:14:44 PM
*She didn't bother standing. She never really did like lawyers anyways. Part of her hoped that'd he'd be uncooperative... she was sure Shenraun was just dieing for a snack.*

Send the representative here for the tests. But the Order will administer the tests. We have equiptment for such things.

*She looked at a manicured hand.*

As to your offer, it can be discussed in further detail once I have the facts and evidence.

*She looked back at the lawyer.*

You'll forgive me if I don't trust your client's word.

*She was done... done with the meeting and done with the lawyer. Hopefully he'd take the hint and move on.*

Roger Devlin
Apr 10th, 2003, 06:10:21 PM
Roger bit his tongue.

"Very well." He replied.

"I'll be in touch in the next few days."

And with that he made his leave. He knew when it was time to wrap things up.

Back to his office. Back to his office to plan. This case was going to be more effort than he'd intended.

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 10th, 2003, 06:14:12 PM
Once the lawyer had left, Maxim released a deep sigh and shook his head.

He leaned forward in his seat, his elbows coming to rest on his knees and his forehead resting in the palm of his hand for a moment before he finally dared to lift his gaze to his master.

"Im sorry for all the trouble." He murmered, clearly a bit out of sorts about the whole thing.

Lady Vader
Apr 10th, 2003, 09:33:37 PM
*LV continued to look in the direction the lawyer had left, waiting until he was out of ear shot and even out of the Palace, before answering Maxim.*

As they say... sh¡t happens.

*A sly smile krept on her lips.*

But in this case, if the lawyer does not bring forth facts that I am satisfied with, then it will be SITH happens.

*It wasn't often she made jokes, so when they did come, most wish they'd had a holocam to catch the moment. She waved a hand after a chuckle.*

This lawyer seems to be intelligent enough. He's the best of the best as far as lawyers go here on Corellia. I suspect he'll be intelligent enough not to undermine or displease me.

Roger Devlin
Apr 11th, 2003, 09:00:00 AM
It was a few days later that Roger Devlin found himself back in Lady Vader’s office high on the hill. Today he wore another dark suit with a starched white shirt and a rather conservative tie. The several thousand credit Movado watch he wore gleamed for a moment in the sunlight that came through the window.

He rarely lost on a case and he was willing to bring this to trial if need be. But the simple fact was that this was his one charity case a year thing and it was taking up much more time than he had ever planned. He’d done it really just to gain a name for himself as ruthless – for there were few – scratch that – none other than him that would agree to take on the Sith Order. Taking on this case had gained him plenty of press and the title as the most ruthless of all lawyers on Corellia.

He took a seat and opened his briefcase.

“Im sure you have copies yourself, but just in case.” He stated as he handed the test results across the ebony desk.

“Im sure you’re aware that the DNA results were a conclusive match,” He began, “And Im sure you’re also well aware that the Midochloran count was not.”

“My client is still wiling to go to court over this if need be. Quite frankly, she isn’t in a situation where she can afford the child on her own and if going to court is the only option, she is willing to risk it.”

He cast a glance over at the apprentice who sat as quietly as he had the last visit and then looked back to Lady Vader.

“Considering the wealth of your organization, I don’t think this is a very taxing request. Your organization appears responsible to the City of Coronet and Corellia in general, your apprentice doesn’t get his name dragged through the mud…”

Not that he’d probably care Roger thought to himself, Or the whole lot of ‘em…

“And my client gets what should rightly be coming to her. It took two to create this child…” With this he brandished a picture of the child. Though she was still an infant, there was no denying the resemblance of the dark eyes and even, at her age, a furrowed brow that gave her the expression of a deep set scowl. The expression that appeared all to often on the face of Lady Vader’s apprentice.

Lady Vader
Apr 11th, 2003, 11:12:22 AM
*LV took the copies the lawyer had graciously made for her, even though she already had her own having had the tests done here at the Sith's facilities. Never the less, she studied them again briefly, not too happy with the DNA results but incredibly pleased with the lack of Midichlorian's in the child. Yet, the picture he produced showed quite well some of Maxim's features, and she highly doubted the lawyer would be stupid enough to alter it in any shape or form to suit his case.*

*She held the picture up.*

I'd like to keep this... for my records.

*The lawyer shrugged, indicating it wasn't a problem and that he had other copies at his office. LV tucked it away in the folder she'd made for the case, and then went into her own spiel.*

Well, since you have done some research of your own, I too have begun my own investigation... into the lives and pasts of both parties indicated.

I don't have the cloncluded results as of yet, but within the week, you will be receiving a call from me with them.

*She took a breath.*

As to your client going to court with this, it's her decision, though for your sake, I feel it will be a bad one.

*She saw the lawyer physically stiffen.*

Oh, relax, Devlin. No one's going to assassinate you.

*He raised an eyebrow.*

I'm refering to the fact that it'd be a shame for a loss to smudge your otherwise perfect-win reputation. I won't deny you are the best lawyer Corellia has seen in many a decade, and it wouldn't surprise me either to see a member of the Order come to you for assisstance in legal affairs should the need arrise.

I'm just saying... don't let this woman drag you down. I know you aren't getting paid for it. It'd be a shame for all this effort to be wasted.

*She smiled. She knew she had him. While the DNA sequencing was the same, the lack of Midichlorians would be difficult for him to get around. True enough, all living things had Midichlorians, but those without Force ability had a tiny number of them... tiny enough to realize they would never be able to communicate or access the Force through them. Yes, some Force-sensitive parents had children with no Force ability, but even so, there was ALWAYS a count of some Midichlorians to somewhat match those of the parents, and was a significant amount compared to those of little count.*

*In either case, with the test results in, it was a sure bet the trial would be a stalemate of sorts. Not enough info on both sides of the story to have it go anywhere.*

*Yet, investigating into both parties pasts was still underway, and LV wasn't about to count her Nuna's until they were hatched.*

Roger Devlin
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:01:24 PM
I'm just saying... don't let this woman drag you down. I know you aren't getting paid for it. It'd be a shame for all this effort to be wasted.

He had shaken his head at this comment, an expression of chagrin expression itself. He was not surprised at all that she knew this simple fact. And he thanked his lucky stars that she hadn’t decided to become an attorney.

“It would be a shame,” He conceded, “And while I’d like nothing more than for this particular case to be over with, I do have to consider the best interests of my client. Even if they might conflict with mine.”

He closed his briefcase.

“Afterall, there are plenty who would love to have a reason for me to be dis-barred.” He added, coming to his feet.

“Should something arise in your investigations please don’t hesitate to contact me. My secretary knows to put you through immediately.”

And then, rather amicably, he departed.

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 16th, 2003, 02:33:32 PM
As the attorney left this time, Maxim stood from his seat and moved to stare out the window for a moment. He was nervous. He wasn’t understanding how the DNA could possibly match and it had honestly not occurred to him that his brother would possibly ever be responsible. His brother, so far as he knew, didn’t do those kinds of things. And his brother had arrived to meet him for spring break days after this woman claimed it had happened.

The simple truth was that his brother did do those kinds of things. His brother’s heart was as dark as his, perhaps worse. His brother had just been smarter about using his status as a twin. Maxim had always been the one in trouble – the one everyone considered a screwup – it was easy to pin everything and anything on him once that had been established.
And this was no different. His brother seemed more studious. Seemed more put together. Seemed as if any of the foolish things Maxim did were below him. He was a good actor, really. And as jealous as Maxim was of his brother, his brother was just as jealous of him. Maxim may not have been given the brains his brother had, but he had been given the physical abilities – and he had been given the ability to use the force. Something with which his brother had not been gifted.

A moment later he turned back to his master. His scowl was not visible, but his eyebrows were furrowed in concentration as he wracked his mind for what in the world could explain what was going on. He hadn’t seen the picture, but he’d caught the brief expression on his master’s face. She had not been pleased.
Though he knew it to be impossible, he began to doubt himself. And this his master would easily have been able to feel.

“Can I go?” He asked. He wanted to get out of the office and get some fresh air to clear his mind. The whole ordeal had him stressed out and he hadn’t slept well since it had all begun. And rather than his question sounding innocent and expressing this simple fact, it sounded more as if he were trying to avoid something. And there was some truth to this – he was trying to avoid letting her know how much this whole thing was bothering him. He hated looking bad in her eyes, and in his opinion, this situation did nothing but that.

Lady Vader
May 1st, 2003, 10:19:14 PM
*She regarded him for a second after his question, before answering.*

No. Sit.

*The command seemed to startle Maxim somewhat, but he didn't hesitate in complying with her wrods. She continued.*

Maxim... the fact that the child lacks the amount of midichlorians to be yours doesn't blot out the fact it has the same DNA as yourself. This doesn't make sense... and I get the feeling you're not telling me everything.

Maxim Vasilijev
May 5th, 2003, 10:23:19 AM
Her command had startled him and he’d found himself returning to his seat immediately, a foot tapping nervously, impatiently. As soon as he realized this, he inhaled, exhaling a slow breath and stopping any fidgeting sort of behavior. Though seconds later, unnoticed to him, his foot began to tap again.

Maxim... the fact that the child lacks the amount of midichlorians to be yours doesn't blot out the fact it has the same DNA as yourself. This doesn't make sense... and I get the feeling you're not telling me everything.

His hand came to his forehead, his thumb rubbing his temple in irritation. Not with his master, but at the fact that he seemed too often to find himself in these sorts of situations.

And then he slumped back completely in his chair, staring at the ceiling for a moment, wracking his brains. It didn’t make sense to him, either.

And then he looked to his master, the woman who was, in all fairness, trying to help him.

”I know it doesn’t make sense.” He conceded, snapping and unsnapping the band of his chrono.

“I was there, at the bar she’s talking about, the hotel she’s talking about….”

He shook his head.

“But I honestly didn’t take anyone home those nights. I was supposed to meet my brother down there for spring break. He couldn’t get there until the next week cuz he had a paper to write or something, but the cheapest flight there was a few days earlier, so I just went early and hung out. At the bars I just had a few drinks and watched sports and went back to my hotel room.”

He shrugged.

“And a few days later, on time like he always is,” These words were added with a hint of annoyance in his voice, “He showed up to hang out.”

Lady Vader
May 5th, 2003, 12:06:46 PM
*LV frowned, not about the story, but about the one detail in the story that had not been mentioned early, catching her attention.*

You have a brother?

Maxim Vasilijev
May 6th, 2003, 11:10:37 AM
He looked somewhat surprised by her question. He had, perhaps, assumed that they knew this.

And besides, he didn’t think it mattered. His brother hadnt been there when it happened. As far as he knew.

“Uh, yeah. I do.” He replied, reluctance heavy in his voice. He wasn’t all that excited about admitting this. For it was the general thought of everyone that his brother was the more put together of the two. And he didn’t want the Order comparing him to his twin as everyone else did.

Lady Vader
May 6th, 2003, 02:03:57 PM
*LV narrowed her eyes slightly at Maxim.*

Is there any chance that the inpregnation to this woman could have been done by your brother?

*The question was a valid question, but even siblings had differences in DNA sequencing. So there was no chance the child could be Maxim's brother's, and have the same DNA sequencing, unless he was a clone of Maxim, or... unless...*

*The thought blossomed like a mushroom cloud in her head as she realized something... something she had to know.*

Maxim, this is important. Is your brother a twin... to you?

Maxim Vasilijev
May 12th, 2003, 02:03:48 PM
Maxim sighed deeply.

“Yeah, he is.” He replied, glancing away for a moment and then back to LV.

“And I didn’t mention it before because I didn’t think the test would even come back the way it did.” And as these words came out of his mouth it occurred to him what might have happened. What had to have happened for the results to turn out as they had.

Anger built within him as he considered what had to have happened. His cheeks turned a shade of red, both with anger and humiliation. His own brother – his own twin – had screwed him over. Or tried to.

And for once, the kid was speechless. Even in his seat, he trembled slightly, the fact that his own brother – his identical twin brother – had betrayed him. His brother had used his name, committed an act using his name…

Sure, as kids, for a while, they’d tried to fool people by claiming they were the other. But this….well…this was crossing the line. And he knew exactly why his brother had done it – so that if anything went wrong, it would be Maxim who took the fall. Afterall, Maxim was the one everyone believed to be the bed seed anyway.

Only his brother hadnt considered DNA evidence. His twin brother, despite his intelligence, knew little about the force or force users. Except that he wasn’t one and his twin brother Maxim was. And this would be his undoing.

"You think he did it." This came out as a statement, not a question. The words sinking in even more as he said it out loud.

Lady Vader
May 20th, 2003, 02:00:41 PM
*A cold smile spread across her lips.*

Why don't we bring him in and ask him ourselves?

Maxim Vasilijev
May 21st, 2003, 10:12:27 AM
His face definitely paled at this suggestion. He had spent his life living in the shadow of his twin brother, attempting to cast his own and make his own name for himself. It had never occurred to him that his brother would screw him over as he seemingly had. And a response born of blood relations was what caused his initial reaction.

It was a brief desire to protect the replica of himself. Too protect his brother from the cold smile and the cruelness he knew the Sith order could inflict.

He opened his mouth the speak, but before the words came out, he shut it. For once, thinking before he spoke. By working with his master, he was learning patience, and certainly, so much more.

His eyes flickered to the floor and emotions were there on the surface. So many questions. And a very big decision. Loyalty to his master, or loyalty to his brother.

And as his gaze lifted to his master, he knew the step he had to take to once and for all emerge from the shadow his twin brother cast. It was a test of his loyalty to the order. It was a test of his loyalty to his master. And this was only the firs step. It would be all that much more difficult when his brother was there in front of him.

But there was a darkness within Maxim. It was a darkness the former TSO member, Sasha had felt when he’d directed him here. It was a darkness that sought freedom and power. And he knew that this was where he would get it – here with the Sith Order.

“Perhaps we should.” He answered, his mind made up and a small, cold smile that might have matched his master’s own, appearing.

Lady Vader
May 23rd, 2003, 01:55:12 PM
Good.

*It was a single word and all that was needed to know that she was pleased he had chosen to go with her suggestion. She knew he would feel conflicted: protect his brother or please his Master. But one thing she would never do to Maxim is betray him like his brother had done. Perhaps he had not seen it as such now, but it would emerge in his thoughts eventually.*

*She pressed a button on a flat keypad on the ebony desk. From the desk rose a thin screen. Once it had been activated, she began a serach on Maxim's brothers whereabouts.*

Where would your brother be, or have been in the last week or two?

Maxim Vasilijev
May 27th, 2003, 12:12:28 PM
He inhaled and released a shallow breath, confirming to himself that he was, in fact, going to go through with this. If somehow, his brother hadnt done this – well – he supposed he’d be relieved despite the fact that there was still the issue of fatherhood at hand – but if it was his brother…..well…..he had something coming.

One hand folded over another and his forehead came to rest against them.

“He’s in Pegg, on Antared III. At the university.”

He felt slightly sick, betraying his brother this way. But something told him that this was the right thing to do – at least in terms of righting wrongs and clearing his own name, It was perhaps the force. Now that he had learned to open himself to it, a perceptive kid like Maxim was able to begin to feel the power of it. To feel all that it offered beyond the simple physical abilities.

And he was beginning to trust in it.

“He’s got a third floor apartment at 45 Lestcher Road. And he was there when I spoke to him over his com last night. He should have been at school all last week….”

Lady Vader
May 29th, 2003, 02:44:45 PM
*LV smiled and stood, walking towards the door.*

Then I suggest you pack a bag. We're leaving to go visit... family.

*The last word came out cold and calculating.*

Maxim Vasilijev
May 29th, 2003, 05:10:35 PM
He came to his feet immediately, following his master towards the door. After a brief discussion, he hurried through the halls to his room. The door flew open and he threw a bag onto his bad, haphazardly and distractedly throwing clothing into it.

He sighed deeply as he closed the door behind him as he left the room. This was a huge step and he had every right to be a bit nervous about it.

Some time later, he met Lady Vader on her personal ship and they were off. He sat in silence for some time, the thoughts on the surface of his mind, emotions making it difficult to concentrate.

"If you were me, would you...." He paused, hesitating only for a moment. Though he knew this was something that needed to be done, it was difficult not to feel as if he were somehow losing a part of himself.

This certainly would make things very very different between he and his brother.

"Would you be doing what Im doing?" He finally finished.

Lady Vader
May 30th, 2003, 02:48:35 PM
*LV answered Maxim's question after a moment of silent thought.*

If I had been betrayed, yes, I would be doing this.

*She looked to Maxim.*

It's also the only way to clear your name and prove to the prosecution it wasn't you.

*She looked back to the controls.*

And while the prosecution could get some answers out of him, our methods are much more... efficient.

*She looked at him again.*

We aren't on a mission to kill your brother. We need him alive and well for the trial.

What you do with him about his betrayal afterwards...

*She looked back out the cockpit window.*

... is left up to you.

Maxim Vasilijev
Jun 4th, 2003, 02:34:16 PM
He was silent for some time after she’d answered him. He too stared out at the starlines for a bit before he stood and paced the small space of open floor on the ship.

“My brother and I used to get along.” He stated as he moved back to sit in the seat near his master.

“We still do, I guess. We’re just….competitive.” He shifted in the seat, the swivel moving it from side to side.

“When we were kids we used to try to fool people into thinking we were the other. It worked for a little while but its something we grew out of. At least…I did.”

He sighed. Betrayal by his brother wasn’t an easy emotion to deal with.

“I don’t even want to see him.” He added, the tone of his voice filled more with disgust than sadness as he stood once again to pace.

Lady Vader
Jun 4th, 2003, 02:37:32 PM
*LV nodded.*

Understandable.

*She looked at him.*

But it's time you faced him, and it's time your brother realized that you mean business and now more play.

Maxim Vasilijev
Jun 12th, 2003, 01:35:31 PM
“Ive never been afraid to face my brother.” He replied quickly, defensively, somewhat hotly. The subject of his brother was a touchy one with him, particularly in any case where words could be construed as him being inferior or afraid of his brother. He wasn’t. He hadnt ever been. And he wouldn’t be now.

In fact, the only thing that he was scared of at the moment was that when he saw his lookalike was that he would wring his neck for his stupidity. For lying. For trying to pin something on Maxim.

“And Im not now.” He added, petulance entering his voice. Anger bubbled near the surface. It would remain there, for Maxim wasn’t the type to burst . Rather, he had lived a life of anger, and used it to fuel his actions. The key for him would be to draw upon the dark side in his anger.

He stopped his pacing for a moment and looked to his master.

“Are you ever going to tell me anything about you?” He asked. It had been a question that had been there since the day he’d met her. In all of their training, she occasionally made references to her experiences, but for the most part, she was an elusive sort of character. Everything about her seemed a secret.

Lady Vader
Jun 12th, 2003, 03:16:10 PM
*LV looked from maxim, back to the starlines outside the windshield.*

Perhaps in time.

*A beeping sound emitted from the console, and she brought the ship out of hyperspace near a nicely populated planet. Getting the landing codes and permission she needed, she brought the ship into it's assigned birth, and touched down.*

*Once the ship was on the ground, LV set it to lock down after a few seconds, and then turned to Maxim.*

Take only your lightsaber.

*With that, she exited the ship, her cloak billowing behind her as she moved forward.*

Maxim Vasilijev
Jun 16th, 2003, 02:52:38 PM
Perhaps in time.

He released a somewhat loud, frustrated sigh, eyeing her with a look that might have seemed more like a son annoyed with his mother than an apprentice. But he remained silent, contemplating the things she had told him, and what lay ahead.

He was relieved when the ship finally set down. The waiting game was not a pleasant one. Action, was another thing.

Take only your lightsaber.

And not his blaster?! His gaze followed her as she walked down the ramp her cloak billowing behind her. Grudgingly, he removed his blaster, set it to safety, and tossed it onto the seat where he’d been sitting before he followed her down the ramp.

Once outside, he fell into step beside her, though perhaps just a step behind.

“You don’t carry a blaster?” He asked.

Lady Vader
Jun 17th, 2003, 04:40:19 PM
*Her head shook under the hold of the hood covering her head, making the hood shift slightly from side to side.*

No. Blasters are unpredictable weapons. Your greatest weapons are your lightsaber and your mind. But even above your lightsaber, your mind is the ultimate weapon.

Physical weapons come and go and are destroyed or broken. But your mind remains with you always.

*She glanced at him briefly.*

Rely on your mind more than your weapon, and you will live longer.

Maxim Vasilijev
Jun 18th, 2003, 01:32:02 PM
“And what if I lose my mind…” He muttered under his breath, a slight smirk hanging there. She was always lecturing him, it seemed, over and over until he felt as if he were listening to a disk that skipped. Until it felt as if he was losing his mind.

His lightsaber he held in his hand. It had fallen into his hands during a spar with Odin – remains of a jedi regurgitated by the lizard. He’d often wondered about it, where it had come from, the one who had created it. This would always remain a mystery, but with each use of it, he made the instrument more and more his own.

“I know, I know.” He replied to the look she had given him. He took her teachings rather seriously, even if his attitude didn’t seem to display this.

“Do I have to give up my blaster?”

He hadnt brought it with him – he’d left it on the ship as she’d…requested. But the thought of being without it always was….well…somewhat disarming. Literally.

Lady Vader
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:22:05 PM
You may have it with you when you are on your own.

*She looked ahead as she walked out of the spaceport where their hangar was located.*

But for this instance, we do not want to arouse the suspicions of your brother. If he does not see a blaster, we will in turn not ready himself.

As for the lightsaber, conceal it in those oversize pockets of yours.

*As she gave this instruction, she herself covered her own lightsaber within the folds of her cloak, and pulled the hood over her face. When Maxim looked at her, her face was different, old looking. Thanks to an illusion she had placed over herself, she resembled an older looking woman, though her eyes remained the intense green they always were. Even as Maxim passed by a cart selling goods, one of them being a mirror, he stopped and stared... at a face that wasn't his own. He looked different, about the same age, but resemble the woman LV was masquerading as. In all instances, they looked like mother and son.*

*LV had stopped to let Maxim poke at himself and gawk.*

It's to allow us to get closer to your brother.

Now...

*She looked ahead down the path.*

Where would your brother be staying?

Maxim Vasilijev
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:21:04 PM
He had gawked at the illusion. He’d never seen one before – or at least, not one that involved altering him in any way. Or not one that he’d known to be an illusion.

As they moved away, absently he stuffed his lightsaber into one of the pockets of the robes he’d worn. Typically, he didn’t wear them. But this was a mission as an apprentice, and his master had required them of him. He pulled his hood over his head as well, though all of this was done somewhat automatically as he tried to process the illusion.

Now... Where would your brother be staying?

This seemed to wake him up a bit.

“In an apartment thats just on the outskirts of the university. Theres a speeder shuttle in front of the spaceport that passes right by there.” He replied, nodding in the direction of the public transport terminal that was a short distance down the path they were walking.

“Does everyone see us like I just saw?” He asked as they walked, his hands stuffed in his robes. The hand in the pocket with the saber held it within his palm, his thumb tracing over the pattern on the hilt.

Lady Vader
Jul 30th, 2003, 01:16:20 PM
*LV nodded her head silently to Maxim as they came to the corner of a sidewalk, waiting for the shuttle he spoke about.*

Yes, they do. And unless they are a Master in either light or dark areas of the Force, they will not be able to see past the illusion.

*The shuttle came and they boarded, LV putting in two credits, one for each of them. The shuttle was somewhat crowded, and there was a seat for LV to take. Maxim offered it, and she sat down, while he hung onto the railing overhead beside her.*

*She continued to speak, this time through the Force into Maxim's mind, though did not look up at him.*

When we get to the apartment, let me do the talking. After we have gotten access to the apartment, we will question your brother and if need be take him offplanet back to Corellia.

Maxim Vasilijev
Aug 4th, 2003, 12:06:26 PM
He found that he liked it when she spoke within his mind. With every time that she did it, it only helped him to better understand and better learn to protect certain areas. Nott hat he had much to protect from Lady Vader. There was nothing that he kept from her. He trusted her 100%, even with thoughts he knew she would disapprove of.

He gave an outward sigh that to anyone else expressed simply and annoyance at the hustle and bustle of the train. To his master, it was an obvious questioning of why he had to let her do all the talking. It wasn’t disrespect that brought this on, but rather it was ambition.

As you wish…. He replied, responding to her in the same manner in which she had communicated with him.

At the familiar stop, Maxim offered a hand to Lady Vader, seeming to everyone on the bus that he was a well mannered young man – not the cold and heartless Sith warrior that he was becoming.

They descended the stairs of the bus and began the short walk up the driveway to the apartment complex.

Being a college area, the outer door was propped open – the students being too lazy to have to use a key for more than one door. Besides, cases of beer didn’t carry themselves inside, and fiddling with a door lock was more effort than necessary.

Maxim paused only briefly – not out of regret as to what he was about to do, but half in memory of the last time he’d stumbled up these stairs when he’d come to visit his brother. And then he led the way up two flights, kicking aside empty beer cans and plastic cups evidencing the remains of a party.

He paused in front of the door to his twin brother’s apartment and looked to his master.

Lady Vader
Sep 2nd, 2003, 11:27:31 AM
*LV scrutinized the mess in the place. She didn't much care for it, and appreciated Maxim kicking most of it out of her way. When they reached the door, Maxim stopped and looked at her. She took the cue and stepped forward, knocking firmly on the door. They waited for an asnwer.*