PDA

View Full Version : Vacancies abound (Leten, open)

Liu Fong
Mar 30th, 2003, 01:14:51 PM
Liu walks through the maze-like halls of the living quarters with the street boy Leten Snat at his heels. Finding a room shouldn't be too hard. Despite the rising number of Jedi, there always seems to be an abundancy of vacant rooms.

"We'll just walk until we find an empty one. That one will be your room."

Leten Snat
Mar 31st, 2003, 10:44:36 AM
Leten walks behind Liu with a curious look about him....

"Alright....How many rooms are there here?"

Leten closes his eyes, and continues to walk behind Liu. After a moment or two he points to a closed door and says....

"That one is empty"

Leten opens his eyes and looks at the door that he pointed at...

Liu Fong
Mar 31st, 2003, 12:59:29 PM
Liu nudges the door open and takes a look around. The bed is freshly made, and the walls are bare. Crossing to the nightstand, he finds the usual welcome note settled there.

"Correct you are, Leten. We'll settle you here."

Leten Snat
Apr 1st, 2003, 03:07:29 PM
Leten is slightly suprised that he was right , but enters the room anyway...

"Wow...I get a bed!! and a bathroom!! I don't deserve this kind luxury...."

Liu Fong
Apr 1st, 2003, 06:04:41 PM
"Believe it or not, this actually quite common. The bed comes equipped with sheets, and you'll find soap in the bathroom. Once you expend it you'll have to get your own. Do you have any clothing, Leten, other than what you wear?"

Leten Snat
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:35:05 AM
"So...Your trying to tell me that all this is mine? And I don't have to pay anything for it, or steal anything for it?"

Leten looks at Liu...

"What you see on me is all I own, I have one other shirt in my pack, but other than that ...no."

Liu Fong
Apr 2nd, 2003, 12:26:22 PM
"Yes, it's all yours, without paying or stealing. You'll find a few spare Jedi uniforms in the closet. Wear whichever size fits you."

Leten Snat
Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:04:48 PM
Leten walks over to the closet and looks in at the drab robes...

"Do I have to wear these?"

Liu Fong
Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:06:44 PM
"Can you afford to be picky?" Liu replies.

Street people know the value of things like shelter, food, and clothing. Liu's surprised to hear this from Leten.

Leten Snat
Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:23:31 PM
"Oh I'm not saying I won't if this is all I can get...But in the past I have had troubles with loose clothing cathcing on thing as I'm climbing through wreckage or running from trouble... I'm not being picky...Just if I could find something I would rather wear...Would it be a problem If I use that over this?"

Liu Fong
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:45:45 PM
"No, not at all. I myself wear my old clothing more often than the Jedi uniform."

Leten Snat
Apr 4th, 2003, 04:59:03 PM
"Ok...I just thought that I should ask...."

Leten thinks for a moment...

"Would I still be able to do my salvage hunts in the lower levels? I can usely find some Sweet stuff that is ether really helpful or I can sell for a number of credits..."

Liu Fong
Apr 4th, 2003, 09:36:37 PM
"I don't see how they could stop you. So long as you're not stealing or hurting anyone, it shouldn't be a problem. You seem awfully worried about things, Leten."

Leten Snat
Apr 5th, 2003, 02:05:36 AM
"I just see so many changes happening...I'm just worried that I will get caught up in the change, and become one of those top-siders that could give a darn about the people below... I want to still be sure that I don't have to change all of the things I like to do, like looking for salvage, in order to fit in with the people here."

Liu Fong
Apr 5th, 2003, 11:27:43 AM
"If they cannot accept you as you are, then they are hardly worth the time or the effort to interact with. People in this world take things at face-value. Always try to look deeper, Leten, to find the true worth of others."

Leten Snat
Apr 5th, 2003, 04:08:57 PM
"Oh... I don't judge people by how they look... I just don't want to be treated like a grounder... I don't want to stand out like a sore thumb, but I still want to be able to do the thing's I liked well I was on the streets."

Liu Fong
Apr 6th, 2003, 05:38:26 PM
"How would salvaging parts make you stand out as a ground level person? I once saw an upper level businessman take off his sport coat and tie to dig through a dumpster for something that caught his interest."

Leten Snat
Apr 7th, 2003, 10:47:23 AM
Leten gets a frustrated and confused look on his face...

"I don't know! This is my first Day out of the lower levels! How am I suposes to know anything about up here!"

Liu Fong
Apr 7th, 2003, 12:30:29 PM
"That's a valid point. My advice to you is this; don't worry about how a person on the upper level should act. Don't worry about any changes in customs or behavior. Simply act as you always have. If someone points out something they think is wrong with your behavior, you can make a choice to conform or remain as you are."

Leten Snat
Apr 7th, 2003, 02:13:02 PM
"Well, ok...But I'm not use to there being so many people around...How am I supose to act when it get crowded?"

Liu Fong
Apr 7th, 2003, 04:09:18 PM
"Same as always, just be more aware of the people around you so you don't end up running into someone or bumping or tripping them. Worry less."

Leten Snat
Apr 8th, 2003, 10:04:14 AM
"I'm just so used to worrying....Like where will I find my next meal, or will I freeze to death tonight, how many friends will I loose tomorow, will I get hurt to the point that I can't move. Stuff like that. But I don't have most of those worryies now, and it feals strange."

Liu Fong
Apr 8th, 2003, 11:21:34 AM
"Strange? You speak like it's a bad thing. I myself find it to be a rather good feeling."

Leten Snat
Apr 8th, 2003, 12:55:03 PM
"I guess I'm just me trying to get used to not having to worry. Everything is just changing so fast!"

Liu Fong
Apr 8th, 2003, 04:34:27 PM
"Yes, that's true, but you will adjust in time. Things will begin to slow down for you soon enough, and you'll wish time would pass more quickly."

Liu smiles at him.

"Settle in and explore the complex. It'll make you feel better. As for me, I must be going. You'll be ok alone, won't you?"

Leten Snat
Apr 9th, 2003, 12:02:48 PM
"I spent most of my life alone so far...I don't think being alone now will be a problem."

Liu Fong
Apr 9th, 2003, 12:43:02 PM
"Then I'll leave you to settle in and get adjusted. Good luck, Leten."

Liu waves and shuts the door behind himself as he leaves the boy alone.

Leten Snat
Apr 9th, 2003, 02:12:10 PM
Leten Waves back to Liu and goes about pokeing around his room, seeing what all is there.