PDA

View Full Version : HEEEEELP!...please?...

AmazonBabe
Mar 30th, 2003, 01:14:20 AM
OK, here's my prob...

Whenever I play certain games, the picture on my monitor gets all wobbly... it starts doing the wave, or something along those lines.

Now, for instance, with WarCraft 2 it does the wobbly-thing in the menu and game (same goes for Lemmings: Revolution), but say in Alien vs. Predator it only does it in the menu and not in the game (same goes for SW: Episode 1).

Now, today I went to play X-Wing Alliance, and it did the wobbly thing in the menu (not in the game, thankfully)... only thing is, is that I distinctly remember playing it back in Jan or Feb and it wasn't wobbly in the menu.

Now, between then and now, I have updated the drivers to my vid card (Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti 2400).

Now, here's my question... is it possible the new drivers are playing havoc with my settings for these games? Or is it another prob entirely?

FireKat
Mar 30th, 2003, 01:29:48 AM
Wobbly is the utmost vague term. Can you screencap this problem?

AmazonBabe
Mar 30th, 2003, 03:12:06 AM
Er, sure... un momento.

Ok, so that was a long momento. Anyhoo, I'll get the screen shots up later (too late tonight, and my sis has the comp tomorrow). But I will get them up as I want to see if I can't find a solution to this annoyance.

Darth Viscera
Mar 30th, 2003, 02:11:40 PM
Sounds like a problem with one of those things that ends in hertz. try fooling around with vsync in the video controls in those games, and if that doesn't work set your monitor to 60hz, 67hz, 70hz, 72hz, 75hz, 85hz, etc.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 30th, 2003, 03:13:07 PM
It might also be drivers. What version of Dets do you have?