PDA

View Full Version : Now where'n th'blue hell is this place?

Aurelias Kazaar
Mar 29th, 2003, 01:40:17 AM
OOC NOTE: This happens after here (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28135) .

The smell of cigar smoke filtered down the living quarters of the GJO, as the tall man stalked down the bland halls.

What is this a frellin' museum? I got more stuff'n m'apartment wall than 'round 'ere.

Apparently there wasn't a non-smoking law in the GJO, which was good, 'cause Aurelias Kazaar ignored 'em. It didn't matter if it was infront of Gorgja the Hutt, James Nairalix, or any other crime lord who might 'mploy him. One of th'benefits of bein' a freelance mosta the time, the bounty hunter figured as he kept walking.

Estelle'd wanted him to meet her for lunch and for him to have something other than, "Pork rinds and Purple Mynock".

The comments had made Kazaar smirk and roll his eyes, knowin' th'kid was just playing with him. But it was nice t'be wanted.

He stopped in the middle of hall, completely lost.

"Where'n th'blue hell is 'stelle's apartment?"

Estelle Russard
Mar 29th, 2003, 03:28:01 AM
"For once, Aurelias" Estelle's voice came from behind him down the far end of the corridor, "...you look like you have no idea where you are."

Kazaar threw his arms in the air in exaggerated exasperation as he spun about to face her, commenting something along the lines of "needin' the force to find yer way 'round this joint."

She patted his arm lightly. "Probably not the best place to voice your disdain for all things 'force' Aurelias." and smiled. "Im just up here."

She led him to about three doors further up and opened her apartment door.

"So....you're hungry I hope?"

Aurelias Kazaar
Mar 29th, 2003, 03:35:58 AM
"I could eat a frellin' nerf all t'myself kid," Kazaar smirked as he took the steps two atta time. His boots *clunked* against the stairs as he walked up them, still cursing the lack of directions. Gorgja's compound was easier t'navigate. And his was large.

Estelle gave him a bit of a disapproving look at his use of cursing.

"Wha'?" he looked at her as if he'd done nothin' wrong, "Bein' at th'GJO means I can't let a word or two slip? Worried a young padawan might get 'corrupted'?"

He smirked and took another puff from his cigar.

Estelle Russard
Mar 29th, 2003, 03:56:13 AM
"You're not funny, Aurelias."

Although, he really was. She hid her grin as she climbed the stairs ahead of him.

"You are lucky they allowed you in the living quarters at all. It was only the pass and the verification I gave them as you arrived that you werent apprehended as a....potential thug."

Aurelias Kazaar
Mar 29th, 2003, 04:01:21 AM
Kazaar smirked behind her, "An' I figured twas my rugged good looks."

He heard her chuckle and the smirk turned to a smile.

"I'm glad they let me keep th'cigar..." Kazaar didn't say how he'd told both the padawan and the NR guard where he'd put th'cigar out if they didn't let him keep it.

"So...where we goin' anyway? Gotta special place f'us t'eat?"

Estelle Russard
Mar 29th, 2003, 04:22:55 AM
"Special..hm...well yes, you could say that."

As they entered the main living area of the apartment, Kazaar could see the table set, a vase of fresh cut flowers in the center.

"I figured we would go somewhere the chances of either of us being shot or beat-up or in any way accosted were small to non-existent."

She made a grand gesture with her hand.

"Not only that, but Ive done a little dabbling in the kitchen!"

Kazaar looked over, then back - and received a healthy punch in the arm for the horrified expression held on his face at the prospect of her cooking.

Aurelias Kazaar
Mar 29th, 2003, 04:28:37 AM
"Oh Lord kid...ya better've cooked somethin' good," Kazaar shook his head, as he placed his cigar in an ashtray on a table.

Hmm...didn't know sh'had an ashtray. Must b'taking up cigar smokin' as a hobby.

He inwardly smiled, "So what'cha make anyway? Smells pretty good. No spinach 'n corn soufflés, I hope. Ya know I hate that shi- uh- stuff."

Estelle's expression said she hadn't cooked it.

Thank th'Force.

"So...whatta we havin'?"

Estelle Russard
Mar 29th, 2003, 11:02:40 PM
"No..I saved the spinach souffle for dessert actually" she tossed at him.

Estelle was quite a good cook, as she was schooled on the country-style of homemaking. Her future back on Tr' Nuva would have been one of early marriage and child bearing and all her life had been groomed for such a future.

"Nothing so grand Im afraid. You know Im a simple girl, Kazaar. My cooking is much the same. Why dont you take a look around while I just get things organized."

Kazaar wandered off to investigate the apartment as Estelle took a salad from the cooler, some fresh rolls that she had warmed in the oven together with a dish that, once removed, sent a delicious and tempting aroma into the room.

It was a pie of sorts, baked in flakey pastry, and filled with meat and vegetibles in a rich creamy sauce.

She set it all on the table and then followed Aurelias. She came up behind him in a room that was sparsely furnished and not set up properly. It almost looked like a storage room of sorts.

"That's Fett's stuff" she said quietly.

Aurelias Kazaar
Apr 5th, 2003, 01:03:15 PM
Kazaar's nose crinkled at the smell of the food. Smelled better than what he was used to. Quick 'n easy dinners was what he preferred. But this...was gonna be a nice pleasure.

"That's Fett's stuff," the kid said as Kazaar gazed at th'stuff.

He nodded slowly, "Tough t'not miss 'im huh, kid? I know th'feelin."

Estelle Russard
Apr 6th, 2003, 05:40:56 PM
"Yeah.." she agreed, as her thoughts lingered on Fett.

They turned from the doorway back towards the dining area.

"Hold on" Estelle questioned, "how do you know? I dont know alot about your past Aurelias, today might be a good time to tell me some things"

Aurelias Kazaar
Apr 9th, 2003, 01:21:58 AM
Kazaar took a long puff offa his cigar.

History...ugh.

"What's there t'say kid? I grew up on Kuat...joined th'NR when I couldn't find anythin' else t'do, then got thrown out."

He smirked as he picked up a stuffed animal, throwing 'a look' towards the kid.

Estelle was still persistant though, "C'mon Aurelias, you have to tell me something."

Kazaar shot a glare, but th'look in th'kid's eyes said t'tell her. And he couldn't resist th'face.

Sighing, Kazaar took a seat onna chair, ammoungst Fett's stuff.

"M'dad...was an alcoholic. One day...he beat m'mom. I came home from school...all the lights were out," his voice was a bit clearer now.

"I got upstairs...and m'mom was in her room, her face bloodied."

A look Estelle had never seen on Aurelias' face was there...pain. Actual pain.

"So I went into the bathroom..'n saw m'dad passed out in the refresher."

He paused a bit...then took a sip from his flask.

"So I took a bat in m'room. And tattooed him, right in th'face.

"Dad never drank again. Or hit m'mom."

There was a pause, "Ya happy now kid?"

Estelle Russard
Apr 9th, 2003, 10:57:39 PM
Estelle had taken a seat on some boxes beside Kazaar as he recounted his story, a sympathetic softness in her eyes.

When he finished, he had a harsh edge to his words, and Estelle understood it was from pain at the resufacing of such a memory.

"You know a story like that doesnt make me happy, Aurelias."

She touched his hand, "..But that you shared it with me, let me get closer to you. That makes me happy."

Aurelias Kazaar
Apr 9th, 2003, 11:18:55 PM
Kazaar sighed and almost flinched at the touch.

"Yeh...I don't like 'memberin' it either."

He gave a smirk, but it was a bit softer.

"Thanks kid. I guess that's jist always stuck out. Th'memory I mean."

He shrugged.

Estelle Russard
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:02:47 AM
She nodded, understanding but not sure what to say.

Looking at him, she decided to be brave and ask another question.

"Where are your folks now? Do you ever see them?"

Aurelias Kazaar
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:08:19 AM
"Kid, even if m'folks were 'round...I wouldn't want t'see 'em," Kazaar's face was hard.

"Okay mebbe m'mom. M'dad got killed inna robbery h'was tryin' t'pull. He wasn't good.

"M'mom...she died of some disease a while back. Tried t'get t'there t'see her...didn't make it. Never found out if I got anythin' from 'em either."

He shrugged, "Don't bug me too much either."

Estelle Russard
Apr 18th, 2003, 08:22:07 PM
Estelle nodded, feeling Kazaar had missed so much in his family life growing up - and once again she realised how llucky she had been herself.

She felt a change in topic would be a safe idea.

"Are you hungry then?"

Aurelias Kazaar
Apr 18th, 2003, 08:45:34 PM
"Kid," Kazaar said, his trademark smirk on his face, "I'm always hungry."

He rose from th'chair he was in, then walked across th'small room into th'dining area.

The bounty hunter smirked a bit, as he accidently bumped into th'kid.

"Kinda cozy in 'ere ain't it? How th'hell do ya live in this place kid? I gotta have space t'move 'round. This place...it makes m'apartment on Chandrila look likea penthouse."

Estelle Russard
Apr 18th, 2003, 08:58:03 PM
She looked around as Kazaar spoke as if seeing the apartment in a different light.

"I hadn't really noticed. This is the most space Ive ever had on my own, and I kind of like it."

She sat down and as Kazaar lifted the server do dig into the steaming dish infront of him, Estelle scowled and was taken a little aback.

"You....you dont say a poem of thankfulness?"

Aurelias Kazaar
Apr 18th, 2003, 09:10:56 PM
Kazaar looked at Estelle, with an expression which pretty much echoed what he said.

"What th'frell is a poem of thankfulness?"

Estelle Russard
Apr 18th, 2003, 10:02:47 PM
"You know" she said as if trying to prompt his memory, "where you acknowledge and appreciate the grace by which you are able to enjoy the simple, needful things in life.

It helps you to realise that you - meaning everyone - are just a part of the bigger scheme of things and that express your gratefulness for life liberty etc."

She looked at his blank expression and he looked as if he was trying to hold back laughter.

"You've never heard of this before?"

Aurelias Kazaar
Apr 18th, 2003, 10:19:23 PM
"Kid," Kazaar said, a bit of a chuckle, "My 'rents never cared a bit f'that kinda stuff. We were jist happy t'be alive an' have money."

He paused a bit, "M'dad liked t'gamble. He wasn't that' great 'bout it," a shrug, "It was his business far as 'm concerned. I play sabacc like any other person too...but m'dad always played it.

"And lost.'

Kazaar set his fork down, "Do no...we never did any of that poem stuff."

Estelle Russard
Apr 20th, 2003, 11:59:15 PM
"Well I will say one for us both"

She sat up straight in her chair and cleared her throat a little, but Kazaar's laughing eyes were too much for her, and she found her mind went completely blank.

"Dont watch me, you're making me nervous."

He complied by dropping his head toward his chest, but now his shoulders were shaking as he stiffled his mirth.

Estelle's brows furrowed in a frown and she was almost pouting.

"Oh, forget it Kazaar, just eat will you."

She stretched over and grumpily served him out some dinner.

Aurelias Kazaar
Apr 22nd, 2003, 12:49:06 AM
Kazaar snorted.

"Aww c'mon kid...go 'head 'n say one. I won't laugh."

He raised his arms in mock surrender, "I swear."

Estelle Russard
Apr 22nd, 2003, 01:01:33 AM
"I cant. You're making me forget them all."

She kept serving and she was certain his smirk grew even wider.

"Keep it up, Aurelias, and there will be no dessert for you sir!"

Aurelias Kazaar
Apr 22nd, 2003, 01:14:03 AM
That caused another snort from the bounty hunter.

"And whatta ya have f'dessert kid..pie?"

He laughed again, then took a bite from th'food.

"It's good..and ya owe me a 'poem of thankfullness'."

Estelle Russard
Apr 22nd, 2003, 01:21:45 AM
"Whatever it is, its delicious and you're not having any."

Estelle realised its very hard to look mad when you keep trying not to laugh.

"If I think of a poem, I will tell you one...Right now the only thing that comes to mind is a crude limmerick. Must be your influence again."

Aurelias Kazaar
Apr 22nd, 2003, 01:27:16 AM
Kazaar couldn't keep his laughter any lower.

"Well I think ya lost that 'good girl' image of yas with th'tattoo 'n th'jewel in your belly."

He took a drink from his glass of water, "Ya know kid...I gotta get ya drinkin' more too. Might loosen ya up a bit.

"I swear ya Jedi're all too uptight."

Then he smirked again 'n took another bite from th'food.

Estelle Russard
Apr 22nd, 2003, 01:40:58 AM
"No thanks Kazaar - Ive developed enough bad habits from you thankyou. "

She looked at her shoulder.

"And its only a little tattoo."

Aurelias Kazaar
Apr 22nd, 2003, 01:43:01 AM
Kazaar laughed again, "Yeh but've anyone said it 'bout it? Max say somethin' yet? I'd hate for ya padawans t'think ya were goin' 'hardcore' on 'em."

He smiled, knowing he was simply needling her.

"So what is f'dessert anyway?"

Estelle Russard
Apr 22nd, 2003, 01:48:44 AM
"Maximas hasn't seen it, no. So he hasn't said anything. I doubt he would anyway. I think he would like it."

She added before popping a forkful of food into her mouth, "Plo and Aejin would too."

Estelle chewed slowly thinking that was an odd thing for Kazaar to say.

"Im not in the least bit hardcore" she finished in a reaffirming manner.

Aurelias Kazaar
Apr 22nd, 2003, 01:54:20 AM
The bounty hunter laughed, "Yeah they prolly would.

"'Course I wouldn't blame 'em," he winked, "It does look good. 'Bout as good as that emerald too.

"Ya showed them that yet."

Kazaar winked again as the kid blushed.

Estelle Russard
Apr 22nd, 2003, 01:57:28 AM
"Yes, actually" she retorted imperiously, "I do belly-dances for each of them on Friday nights"

Kazaar's eyes danced, he was hittin' every button tonight.

Aurelias Kazaar
Apr 22nd, 2003, 02:27:52 AM
Kazaar was laughing outloud now.

"Ah kid," he took a bite of his food, "I love ya. You're fun t'have 'round."

He snickered then kept eating, "Tell ya what...I'm inna generous mood t'night. Ask a question...and I'll answer it."

Kazaar smirked again, "Without drinkin' either."

Estelle Russard
Apr 27th, 2003, 05:45:59 PM
"Alright.....and no hedging or fibbing" she admonished.

Kazaar sat up a little, not sure what might be coming.

"What do you think of my cooking?"

Aurelias Kazaar
Apr 30th, 2003, 07:35:31 AM
Out of all th'questions in th'galazy...Kazaar wasn't expecting that one.

He swore th'kid could be so simple at times it was amazing. And kinda nice at th'same time. Beat havin' t'talk 'bout his past.

"It's good...sure beats some of the poodoo I come up with. 'Course...I'm not too particular 'bout what I eat. If ya wanted to, I bet ya could be a cook somewhere."

Estelle Russard
May 1st, 2003, 12:57:05 AM
"Well, thats very generous of you Aurelias, but I dont think theres much of a market for plain Tr' Nuva cuisine. But the compliment is appreciated."

She smiled warmly, and hoped Kazaar was enjoying himself as much as he appeared to be. He had been through so much lately - and an evening where he could relax, unwind, and not be constantly worried about watching his back - or hers, as was often the case - was well overdue.

"Another question...when did you start with the Cigars?"

Aurelias Kazaar
May 1st, 2003, 01:24:40 AM
"When I was 16 kid..." Kazaar took another bite of th'food. It was a bit on the spicy side, but good.

"There was one laying in th'ashtray over by m'dad's place. I was bored so I picked it up. Been smokin' 'em ever since."

He gave a shrug, "It was somethin' t'pass th'time. Beats doin' spice ya know?"

Estelle Russard
May 1st, 2003, 01:31:47 AM
Her eyebrows raised a little.

"You did spice?"

Aurelias Kazaar
May 1st, 2003, 01:36:08 AM
Kazaar shook his head, "I'd never touch that poodoo. Stuff's crap 'n I'll never do it."

He had a sharp look on his face, "Kid if I ever see ya doin' that stuff...I'll be disappointed.

"I was just sayin'...tobacco's better 'n spice t'do. Safer."

Estelle Russard
May 2nd, 2003, 02:15:49 PM
It was funny to think of herself doing spice. Kazaar really had quite an imagination - Estelle would never even consider such an action.

"You know that comment is never necessary Aurelias, but its sweet that you show such concern."

She grinned slyly.

"You really are a soft-hearted guy underneath all that bluster." Kazaar bristled in his seat and Estelle ammended her sentimental comment, "For a clever and efficient killer that its.."

Aurelias Kazaar
May 7th, 2003, 09:49:12 PM
Kazaar snorted, "Damn straight kid. And don'tcha forget it either.

"I might have a special place in m'heart for ya. But I can still shoot with th'best of 'em.

"So can you ya know. If ya ever wanted a break from th'Jedi, ya can always stay with me. I sure wouldn't mind seein' ya lot more."

Estelle Russard
May 9th, 2003, 08:37:46 PM
The softness in her eyes conveyed to Kazaar how much she appreciated what he had said.

Estelle couldnt explain the closeness between them - such an odd pairing - a farm girl and city slicker, Jedi and a Bounty Hunter - yet there was a bond between them that was unique to any other person they knew in the galaxy. And this made Estelle glad.

She grinned broadly, "And the same offer goes for you, should you wish to dwell among the Jedi, Aurelias. This apartment is plenty big enough to contain you as well as me. We can even squeeze that giant ego of yours in someplace."

Aurelias Kazaar
May 11th, 2003, 07:06:09 PM
Kazaar laughed, a low one, which carried out for a while.

"You're good kid ya know that? Don't ever change...the galaxy would suck if ya did."

Kazaar leaned back in his chair 'n stretched...his muscles were stiff from all th'work he'd been doing. With th'bounty, then setting up his old business...Kazaar never got th'chance t'actually relax.

"So whatta ya do t'relax kid? Meditate 'n stuff?"

Estelle Russard
May 12th, 2003, 12:36:38 PM
"Sometimes. Meditation takes a certain discipline and that in itself can be hard work at times. Actually, I um...I make things."

Kazaar lifted his head to look at her, this clearly was news to him.

Estelle got up from her chair and tugged gently on his hand.

"Here, let me show you."

Leading him to a small room that was supposed to be a den or study, Estelle had transformed it into a studio of sorts.

Kazaars first impression was that it was unfinished, or at the least very dirty. It in fact, was neither. Upon a closer look, the Bounty Hunter noted a large pedestal with a backless stool beside it and on the tables center, a mound of rich thick clay.

As he took in the rest of the room, he saw a variety of projects all in various degrees of completion. A vase here that needed glazing, a bust of a stag there that needed yet to be fired. Bags of supplies, and jars of paint and brushes and small tools.

The Jedi grinned proudly, pleased to be able to show this room off to someone, especially Kazaar.

"Im a Potter" she declared simply.

Aurelias Kazaar
May 14th, 2003, 01:29:57 PM
"Not bad kid, not bad t'all," Kazaar gave his half-smile as he looked at th'stuff.

It certainly was better than anything Kazaar coulda done. His talent was either at shootin', cigars, or annoyin' th'hell outta people.

He took a long step over a stack of clay, th'kind that was the color of clay...not the blue, red, and yellow stuff kids played with.

"Lord kid...have ya sold any of this stuff yet?" he was lookin' at th'stag admiring it.

Estelle Russard
May 16th, 2003, 08:35:36 PM
"Sold it?" She too looked at her creations and her face crinkled disaprovingly.

"No, too ameturish, Im afraid. Besides, its just something I do to relax thats all. Its fun, you should try it one day."

Aurelias Kazaar
May 19th, 2003, 06:22:52 PM
"Kid," Kazaar smirked, "My relaxin' is either with some bourbon and a nice cigar.

"Or..." his eyes looked left and right, as if what he was gonna tell 'er would rob him of his manhood.

"I write. Sometimes."

He saw the look in her eyes. Kazaar...the ruffian who bashed heads and cursed like a Naval sailor wrote? What was this galaxy coming to.

"What do you...?" she started, but he interupted her.

"None of ya damn business kid. I write what comes on m'mind. Sometimes it's in a sort of a lyric verse I dunno. I only did it a few times back in school. Ya know, before I started kicking tail 'n takin' names."

He winked.

Estelle Russard
May 20th, 2003, 05:39:41 PM
Her surprise was complete.

Estelle felt she knew Kazaar pretty good, better than most. But never in her wildest dreams would she have suspected....

Her face told all she was thinking and Kazaar growled.

"Quit lookin' at me like that."

She laughed a little at his clear discomfort, "I cant help it."

He scowled even deeper which promoted more giggles.

"Im sorry, Aurelias."

The laughter stopped, but the smile remained.

"I just think you are the most surprising man I have ever met."

She stepped closer, touching his arm softly at the elbow.

"I dont know what I would do with out you."

Aurelias Kazaar
May 21st, 2003, 10:41:57 PM
The bounty hunter gave a smirk.

"Ya'd prolly b'come some stuck-up Jedi with 'holier than thou morals' 'n all that sh- Ah don't say it!" he stuck a finger on her lips.

"Ya got 'nough of an attitude. No moral talks."

Kazaar moved his arm...not out of not wanting to be touched, but around Estelle's shoulder so he could pull 'er into a slight hug.

"I prolly woulda hit rock bottom b'now if it weren't for ya.

"Thanks kid," then he bent over and kissed her forehead, "You are a real pal."

Estelle Russard
May 22nd, 2003, 05:42:27 PM
Kazaar's friendly kiss had the opposite effect of what he probably had intended.

Estelle shrugged away, suddenly cranky.

Would he forever view her as a child? Probably, she reflected. She didnt know why it bothered her, but it did.

"Lets finish dinner"

she said and turned abruptly to walk out of the room.

Aurelias Kazaar
May 22nd, 2003, 07:51:41 PM
Kazaar snorted and, if Estelle had looked, she woulda seen his annoyed look.

"Jeez kid, I woulda expected a warmer reception than that."

The hunter crossed his arms, "Whatta ya want me t'do? Give ya a real kiss?"

He shook his head in belwilderment, "Hell, I'd do it if I knew ya reaction. You're 'bout as hard t'read as a 400 page novel."

Estelle Russard
May 22nd, 2003, 08:39:50 PM
"No, I dont want a real kiss" she snapped and sat down irritably.

What the heck was wrong with her?

She felt bad, she knew Kazaar had no idea what she was thinking or feeling. How could he? She wasnt even sure.

It was just...he always made her feel like she was so young, green. Other men seemed to think she was old enough to atleast flirt with her, and Keerrourri had certainly considered her much more than a child.

Yet Kazaar still treated her like a bumpkin. A kiss on the forehead just spoke so much.

The angry thought chided her so much, she threw the pepper grind at him.

Aurelias Kazaar
May 23rd, 2003, 12:32:28 AM
"WHOA! HEY!" Kazaar shielded his head from the pepper grinder, as it smacked off his arm. It hit the small sink, shattering a plate resting in the silver washing unit.

"I said I liked your cookin' remember?" he tried to joke.

"Kazaar I'm not talking 'bout you liking my cooking!" Estelle snapped at him.

"Then what in th'blue hell are ya talkin' bout? I come 'ere expectin' t'have a fun time 'n be 'round someone I care 'bout and I get this?"

He reached for his jacket, "Ya Jedi're all alike. I'll try not t'get so attached next time."

Then he marched for th'door in quite a foul mood.

Maximas
May 23rd, 2003, 08:17:18 AM
OOC: If this is a closed thread just let me know and I'll edit this post so you can ignore it. Just thought I might be able to spice things up a little :D

IC:

Maximas was feeling bored, so bored infact he actually sat down to read. It was a book Estlle had given him some time ago now as a gift. To his suprise it was actually pretty good but he couldnt concentrate. His mind would wonder off after every paragraph and he'd find himself staring out of the window of his quarters. His thoughts lay with Estelle, but he wasnt sure why. After all his time at the order, she was still the only real friend he had. Most people didnt like Max.

Enough was enough, he thought to himself. He slammed the book down on the chair beside him and walked out the door. He decided he had to go and see her. Some people gave him queer looks as he made his way through the corridors.

He was glad when he finally reached his destination. As he did so, he could hear banging and something shatter within her room. He started to panic, hoping she was ok. He jogged over to her room and knocked loudly, before placing his ear against the door. There was a mans voice inside. A voice he recognised but couldnt place.

Estelle Russard
May 24th, 2003, 02:18:52 PM
She got up to tend the broken dish in the sink, not that she really cared about its breaking, but it gave her something to do. She was at a loss as to what to say to Kazaar - his angry reaction was just as surprising as her own had been a moment before.

So it was that they had strode in different directions, he for the door, she further into the kitchen, when Maximas knocked on the door.

It was unexpected by both of them and Estelle turned as Kazaar pressed the panel, sliding the door open, to reveal her padawan Maximas standing outside.

ooc: you're always welcome Max :)

Aurelias Kazaar
May 24th, 2003, 07:13:02 PM
Kazaar gave Maximas a dark glare.

"We're busy. Come back later."

Then he closed the door in Maximas' face and turned back to Estelle. He was doing his best to keep his face calm, although his anger was fierce right now.

"Kid..." he started to say.

Maximas
May 25th, 2003, 06:29:10 AM
Max was just about to ask what the hell Kazaar was doing there, when the door was shut in his face. He gave a disgusted look to the closed door in front of him, then turned around to see if anyone had saw what had just happend.

A cleaner was walking the coridors and gave Max a little confused but sympathetic look before he shouted, "What the hell are you looking at!!". Her eyebrow raised and she toddled off. He looked again at the door, took a couple of steps back and began walking away, saying a few choice words under his breath.

Estelle Russard
May 25th, 2003, 10:24:32 PM
She had glared all the way across from the kitchen, though the living room, to the door, lecturing Kazaar on her way to reopen it.

"Who...? Since when do you decide who can and cant come into my apartment, Aurelias?"

Her eyes flashed at him angrily.

"It might be something important."

The bounty hunter was in no mood to feel contrite and said something back to her, but she didnt hear it properly as she now was leaning half out the front door.

"Max...?"

The padawan, who had reached the end of the corridor, turned as Estelle called to him from where she now stood in the open doorway.

Maximas
May 27th, 2003, 03:45:30 AM
Maximas looked up to see Estelle stand in the doorway. Instantly he felt relief, almost as if he were feeding an addiction. A gentle smile spread across his face before he remembered where he was.

"Oh, er, Estelle! I was just... er...", he said in desperation. Trying to think of an excuse for coming to see her. "I can see your busy. It wasnt anything important, I'll come back later".

He smiled and nodded towards her before Kazaar caught his eye. Max gave him a disgusted look. He'd met the man before on a mission with Estelle and Plo Koon. He didnt really like him then, and he certainly didnt like him now.

Aurelias Kazaar
May 29th, 2003, 01:07:35 PM
Kazaar snorted as he took a puff from his cigar.

"Well if it ain't Max, th'Jedi wanna-I mean- padawan," Kazaar changed his tone as he got 'nother 'look' from Estelle.

Damn she was gettin' good at 'em.

"So how's trainin, boy? Kickin' Sith tail from 'ere to Corellia 'n back?"

Maximas
Jun 2nd, 2003, 02:46:28 PM
"Yeah, something like that", he snarled back. Kazaar's whole attitude really got to Max. The fact that Estelle seemed so keen on him didnt help matters any either.

Kazaar just seemed to stare back at Max. Anger flashed over the padawan for a brief moment before he regained his composure and looked back to Estelle with a soft smile. "I didnt mean to intrude at all. Im sorry for disturbing you".

Estelle Russard
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:00:59 PM
The antagonism between Kazaar and Maximas was nothing new. The two had butted heads from the moment they first met some time ago and instead of working to keep an easy peace between them, they seemed to prefer to take cheap shots and vague insults at one another.

It was all very annoying. Estelle felt she was back playing referee with her two brothers on Tr' Nuva again.

And since she was feeling all out of sorts now as it was, she had no patience for it.

She bestowed Kazaar another glare for being the instigator of this back-and-forth yet once again, before speaking to Maximas.

"Its alright Max, as long as there is nothing wrong...?"

Max shook his head, no.

"Then perhaps you could do me a favour. Kazaar was just on his way out, and as he is unfamiliar with the Order grounds, perhaps you could show him the best way to where the speeders are docked. I know he'd appreciate it."

Aurelias Kazaar
Jun 2nd, 2003, 10:42:40 PM
"Wha' I'm not even gonna get dessert?" Kazaar looked astonished, although it was more've a sarcastic shock than a real one.

He figured it'd come t'this. Don't ask 'im how he just figured it would.

"And 'ere I was gonna help ya with th'dishes," the hunter snorted.

Figures.

Estelle Russard
Jun 4th, 2003, 12:03:46 AM
Estelle dropped her head a little, feeling strangely guilty.

Kazaar didnt deserve her fitful emotion dramatics. Though he did do his fair share of provoking her, but tonight was one of those weird reactions she got from left field once in a while. And she felt bad now that the evening had gone the way it had.

But she still felt it was wisest to call it a night, and so she really didnt know what to say that would make things...less...strained.

She looked up again and Kazaar could see what she didnt know what to say or do.

There was an awkward pause where all three of them looked about at each other, all waiting for the other to say something.

Aurelias Kazaar
Jun 4th, 2003, 12:10:53 AM
"Tell ya what," Kazaar said quickly before Max or Estelle could say anythin'. He had a right t'talk after all...he was th'guest.

"Max...go take your little Jedi butt outta this apartment 'n let me talk with 'stelle."

He raised his hands quickly, "Before ya say anythin' in protest...either o' ya...th'kid 'n I got some unfinished business 'ere all right? Now go take ya happy little you know what outta 'ere before I throw it out m'self."

Maximas
Jun 5th, 2003, 02:03:41 PM
Max was about to protest his Masters request of showing Kazaar out before Kazaar himself decided to speak. It wasn't that he didn't want to show him out, no, that would give him great pleasure. It was the fact of spending time alone with the man.

Now though, Kazaar with kicking Max out! Apparently he had some unfinished business with Estelle. He wondered what that might be. He felt jealous at the fact Estelle and Kazaar had something very close between them, and that only served the resentment Max had towards the man.

"Im quite sure what the hell gives you the right to talk to me like that!" he barked, as he shot over an unimpressed look. That look quickly changed to a timid, 'Im in trouble look' as he glanced towards Estelle.

Aurelias Kazaar
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:26:37 PM
"Hey look, pal," Kazaar shot back, "I was havin' a nice dinner 'ere with ya master. We had a minor spat 'n I'd like t'continue it if ya don't mind."

His black eyes flashed like diamonds, "So get out so I can make sure 'stelle ain't misinformed 'bout sum stuff!"

Estelle Russard
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:44:20 PM
"Will you two knock it off?'

They were both behaving badly and it was starting to make her angry.

Estelle felt somehow that she should be trying to smooth things over, keep the peace or something. And then it struck her that its not her problem the animosity between the Max and Kazaar. It was theirs.

She stepped inside, around Aurelias, as he and her padawan glowered at each other. Reaching in, she grabbed his leather jacket and, handing it to him, bundled him out the door. The maneuver was unexpected and caught the two men both flat footed so that they bumped and jostled each other while trying to move out of the way.

"You two seem to have a lot to say to each other, so Im going to bed. Thanks for coming to dinner Aurelias "

Looking at each of them, first from Max then to Kazaar she was quite serious in her demeanor.

"We will talk tomorrow."

And then she stepped back and the door slid closed.