PDA

View Full Version : winding down (open to anyone)

Janus Riddyl
Mar 27th, 2003, 11:40:28 PM
Opening the door to his room, Janus felt a cool breeze pass though the open window. It felt good after a few hours of practice training with a new friend. Now he just wanted to be away from it so he could get some time to not work and just relax.

He deciding it would be best to leave his door open as an open invitation to anyone who might want to stop in and say hi. Maybe he would meet a new friend.

In the meantime Janus's stomach growled, he had forgotten how long it had been since he last ate. Karkan ribenes with a glass of ice water sounded just right. He warmed two portions in the event someone might stop by. If he was willing to let anyone in, it would be best to have something to entertain with.

Rognan Dar
Mar 27th, 2003, 11:58:13 PM
Rognan had met Janus at a lesson he had with Master Zeke, and was quite interested in the winged man.

It took him some time to find out where he lived, but he managed. He came to the door and knocked lightly, waiting to see if he was home.

Janus Riddyl
Mar 30th, 2003, 03:24:20 PM
Janus heard the knock and looked up from what he was doing. He saw Rognan standing in the doorway, "Hi." Janus said as he stood up and walked to the door to meet his fellow padawan. "You're Rognan right. I remember you you from a lesson with Master Zeke....Come in, I'm warming up some food. You can have some if you like. There's plenty."

Rognan Dar
Mar 30th, 2003, 07:24:59 PM
"Well thank-you."

Rognan stepped into the room and followed Janus inside.

"Yes, we met at the training lesson. And I have been wanting to have a friendly comversation since. And I would like some food if you insist."

Rognan found a chair and sat down, and, Janus could see, was looking at his wings.

Janus Riddyl
Mar 31st, 2003, 07:46:07 PM
"It'll be a moment until the food is finished warming." Janus spoke. Now he was noticing Rognan's attention to his wings. It didn't irritate him like it did when Janus went out in public. Rognan was a friend, not some gawking stranger. You would think with all the different aliens in the galaxy a man with wings wouldn't stand out like he did. "So where are you from, Rognan?"

Rognan Dar
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:57:05 PM
Rognan jumped a little as his wandering mind came back to reality.

"Uh...I'm from the planet Lorrd, which is why my race is called Lorrdians. Kind of plain sounding, at lest to me.

May I ask what species you are? I have never seen a man with wings before"

Janus Riddyl
Apr 1st, 2003, 07:47:26 PM
"I'm from the moons that orbit the gas giant Iego out in the far Outer Rim. It's between the Corellian Trade Spine and Bakura." The third moon to be exact." Janus' mind flashed back to home for a moment. "So I guess that makes me an Iegian... Everyone there has wings, but nobody really knows about us because we've been isolationists for hundreds of years. Occasionally a smuggler or a trader will pass the planet by or stop there for one reason or another. As far as I know, there has only been rumors of Iego's existence; but I'm proof its there." Janus finished and then walked to the warming Karkan Ribenes. "I've had these since I've been out to Obroa-Skai, they're not too old. I expect they'll be good."

Rognan Dar
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:48:54 PM
"I see. My planet is somewhat Isolated too. Not many people gp there, and I dont think many people know about us. But its interesting to here about diffrent places.

If you dont mind me asking, what is Karkan Ribenes?"

Janus Riddyl
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:15:31 PM
"Karkan Ribenes are basically the ribs of a domesticated beast native to Karkan. They're pretty meaty, but a bit spicy. You can taste them to see if you like them, if you don't I should have something else around here." He placed the Ribenes on two plates and set one down by Rognan and set the other on a table next to where janus was going to sit.

Rognan Dar
Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:59:22 PM
"It sounds good. But I guess I'll have to taste it first before I say that." He ended with a small chuckle.

Rognan picked up a knife and fork that Janus set down next to his plate and started to cut a piece off the ribs. He put the piece he cut off on his fork and moved it up to his mouth, then chewed with delight.

"This is quite good. Your right about that spice. You wouldn't have a glass of water would you?" Rognan said as his face was starting to turn red.

Janus Riddyl
Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:49:05 PM
Janus smiled and got up to get his friend a glass of water. He found a half full liter of purified water and poured it into a glass. He walked over back to Rognan and noticed that his face was turning red. "Here...You may want to try some more Tomo sauce with the ribs. It cancels out the spice a bit."

Rognan Dar
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:06:11 AM
Rognan swollows a mouth full of water. Didn't help. Just added to the burning inside his mouth. He needed something to cancel out the acids, so he took Janus's advice and put more of the sauce on a piece that he hurried to cut, and put it in his mouth. It didn't work right away, and his face was the color of a red ball, but after a minute the flaming died down and his face returned most of its original color.

Through a raspy voice he said. "Thats some mean ribs there." Cough. He couldn't feel his tong. Almost like it was burned off.

After a fe more minutes of recovery his face was back to normal, and his voice wasn't so raspy.

"I guess I'm not use to hot spices. But besides for my tong lossing all its taste buds, it was good." Rognan laughed.

Janus Riddyl
Apr 5th, 2003, 06:41:43 PM
Janus chuckled along with Rognan. "So, how long have you been in the order?"

Rognan Dar
Apr 6th, 2003, 01:33:37 PM
Rognan let his mouth cool off for a second before answering.

"Oh, it must be close to a year now. I cnat remember the exact date. Time seems to fly by when your here. It could be well over a year for all I know."

Rognan drink the water now that his mouth isn't burning.

"So your new here, arn't you?"

Janus Riddyl
Apr 8th, 2003, 02:48:44 PM
"Well, I've been here for a little bit over a year. I am new in comparison with the Jedi Knights." Janus replied. Janus took another bite out of the ribs and drank a little of the water he poured for himself.

Rognan Dar
Apr 8th, 2003, 03:11:56 PM
"What do you mean by new to the comparison with the Jedi but have been here for over a year? How does that compute?"

Janus Riddyl
Apr 8th, 2003, 07:49:15 PM
"I am a padawan who has been here for a little over a year, most Jedi have been here for many years. Sorry about the confusion."

Rognan Dar
Apr 9th, 2003, 04:36:57 PM
"Ok, I understand then. Most have, except me, or at lest I think I haven't, but who knows."

Rognan is feeling brave and desides to try agian at the ribs. This time he put alot of Tomo sauce on before taking a bite. He chewed it, bracing himself for that same burning sensation, but it didn't come.

"Maybe I put to much sauce on. I think I just drowned the steak." He said as he continued to chew.

Janus Riddyl
Apr 9th, 2003, 06:15:47 PM
"Well, some people like a lot of sauce, some people like it spicy.. I guess it really depends on personal preference."

Rognan Dar
Apr 10th, 2003, 04:18:48 PM
"How do you like it? Hot or not?"

Janus Riddyl
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:03:41 PM
"I prefer a medium spicy. A little sauce, but not enough to drown out the spice." Janus said. A minute passed by Until Janus asked, "So do you have a lightsaber?"

Rognan Dar
Apr 11th, 2003, 11:28:35 PM
"Yes I do. I didn't make it myself, but I do have one. It was given to me by my former Master, I take it with me everywhere, though I dont have the skill to use it well."

Rognan said bashfully. He didn't like not being able to use it well, but he seemed to make up for it with his knowlege.

"Do you have a lightsaber?"

Janus Riddyl
Apr 12th, 2003, 04:16:27 PM
"Not yet. I have begun to look for materials and I am studying diagrams and books to understand how to build one. I'm looking forward to it."

Rognan Dar
Apr 12th, 2003, 11:04:19 PM
"I, too, wish to make my own. I have been studying the diagrams and all that there is to constructing one. Hopefully soon, I will be able to make it."

Janus Riddyl
Apr 15th, 2003, 06:18:49 PM
"Where do you plan on getting your materials. I'm short on a few myself."