PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins interested in Seau

JMK
Mar 27th, 2003, 03:51:57 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2003/03/26/dolphins_seau_ap/

I would do whatever it takes to snap him up and get some killer leadership on the team. And I would go with a 3-4 defense as well. :)

I sure hope they can land him. It would be nice to see him wearing the Man-Teal.

Figrin D'an
Mar 27th, 2003, 04:11:05 PM
That could be a huge boost for the Dolphins. Their defense is talented, but they don't have a clear mental and emotional leader. Seau would definately fill that role.

Green Bay needs another linebacker, but they don't have a shot at Seau, unfortunately.

JMK
Mar 27th, 2003, 04:19:23 PM
Figrin, the Pack was listed as one of the teams interested in him. Seau has 4 criteria, but I don't know if Green Bay has them all.

He wants "He wants to play for a competitive team and with other good players. He wants a good grass field and a good facility. Miami fits all those criteria well."

Green Bay has 3 of those 4 as far as team & personnel goes, but how is their facilities?

Taylor Millard
Mar 27th, 2003, 04:20:31 PM
It's Lambeau Field! What more do ya need? :p

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 27th, 2003, 04:27:14 PM
I think its the climate I don't think he likes cold weather. He was interested in going to KC but I think Vermeil doesn't seem to interested in him, the only way they could sign him is to go to 3-4 defense I think, and I am not sure they can do that. If doesn't go to KC I be fine if he goes to Miami, perfer that over Oakland or Denver.

JMK
Mar 27th, 2003, 04:31:36 PM
Thanks JMC. ;)

I think by facilities he definetly means climate. I can't see how a veteran like Seau who has played his whole hall of fame career in blistering heat will want to go and freeze his keister off in Wisconsin.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 27th, 2003, 04:34:32 PM
Your Welcome, KC don't play Miami next year so it wouldn't bother me :p

Morgan Evanar
Mar 27th, 2003, 08:33:37 PM
Seau would be a great fit for Miami. As agile and smart as Zack Thomas is, he's just too small. If the offensive line pushes hard enough and the FB gets a good block they score nice yards on him with a solid running play.

Miami could have gone into the playoffs and done well if Fiedler hadn't gotten hurt. He's not the best QB in the leauge by any stretch, but he's miles ahead of Lucas.

Figrin D'an
Mar 27th, 2003, 08:44:17 PM
That's what I meant by Green Bay not having a shot at getting Seau... the cold is something that he wants to avoid. He probably love the community if he gave it a chance. But, oh well. :\

Jedieb
Mar 28th, 2003, 09:59:18 AM
I heard that TB is interested in him as well. As great as Seau is, I don't know if he still has enough speed to fit into TB's defensive scheme. But man, the thought of having him in their linebacking core is soooooooooooo sweet. Can you imagine having to contend with Derrick Brooks AND Junior Seau? :evil

JMK
Mar 28th, 2003, 10:39:13 AM
Not to mention Simeon Rice and Warren Sapp on the same side of the ball? That would be sickening.

Jedieb
Mar 28th, 2003, 11:57:20 AM
And a HEALTHY Booger McFaland. They made that Superbowl run with him on the sidelines. All that defense doesn't guarantee anything, but it will be fun to watch.