PDA

View Full Version : Of Dames (open)

Calvin
Mar 27th, 2003, 12:40:33 PM
http://home.online.no/~hagravda/tracer2.gif

As I walked into the joint a premonition of the end of the night flashed through my cognitive screens. I'd wake up with a headache tomorrow, in some strangers bed most likely.

Calvin slouched into the Bar & Grill, wearing a trenchcoat and fedora pulle dlow over his features.

Tracer Bullet's the name. I'm a PI and a damn good one. But sometimes even PI's make mistakes. Mine had been the dame.

The boy struggled over to the bar and up into one of the seats. He raised two fingers, orchestrating the barkeep's attention.

As I layed back into a convo with my old buddies Gin and Tonic--

He took a sip of water.

--I started to remember her. She was a real pushy kind of client. Burst into my office with a threat and a promise. I took the case, but only because I had Bills to pay. I thought it would be open and shut, but that was my Magnum talking, not my heart.

Calvin slouched over.

The case went real smooth and I figured we had something' going for us. Turns out she was already attatched and had been playin' me like an easter flute. Who was this majestic goddess that stole this cold, cold heart of mine? Some people called her Pam. But I nicked' 'er 'Mom'.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 29th, 2003, 06:07:25 PM
"Hello again," Wei said. He remembered the kid from the Recruitment Center. "So, what are you today?"

Wei smiled good-naturedly at Calvin. "And you're awful serious too."

Calvin
Apr 7th, 2003, 11:35:42 AM
The sound of a human voice directed at my ears jerked my attention away from the sea of memorandum I was drowning in. I can sense trouble from a mile away and my radar was going wild. Something wasn't quite right with the character.

Calvin pushed the over-sized hat up a bit and glanced at Wei, sipping his water slowly.

"Life is a serious business kid, and it's got to be handled seriously."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 7th, 2003, 02:09:56 PM
Wei thought it amusing that Calvin, who Wei guessed to be maybe no older than 7 years old was calling him a kid. But Wei did act like a kid a lot of times.

"That's true," Wei said at last, "But life is also fun and should be enjoyed."

rose_of_the_night
Apr 7th, 2003, 06:20:06 PM
"sorry to intrude, so rudely on your conversation, but I couldn't help but to over hear your dramatic tone, Calvin, is it not?" The strange women asked perring into Calvin's eyes. Rose had not much been seen in the B&G but liked to make her precense known.
"I was just sitting at a table having drinks, with a friend, would you care to join us?" She asked as she slowly spun around on the heel of her shoe inviting Wei and Calvin to follow and join her.

Back at the table now, she sits awaiting their response to the invite. She slowly sips her drink glaring at the two from the top of her glass. Then smiles hoping that they will accept.

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:35:27 AM
Lion walked over towards the strange little kid.

"Hello...Mr. Investigator?" Lion asked, trying to keep his smile under control. "If I recall correctly, I saw you enter this bar with a tiger...real fierce looking one, too...Killer's eye, that one had."

He nearly burst out laughing, but managed to keep it under control.

"Just wanted to make sure he wasn't gonna tear my lungs out..,"

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 14th, 2003, 07:20:56 AM
Wei turned to the lady. "Pardon? A drink? Just water, thanks." Wei would go join her, but he decided that hanging out with Clavin would be the top priority. The kid needed some looking after. Yog's was a Jedi bar, but even so, the kid needed some supervision.

"And as for you," He said, mock sterness in his voice, "Don't you know not to laugh in death's face? A tiger is a very dangerous animal, don't you know. Very strong, very intelligent. I dare say the tiger's smarter than the Lion." At last, Wei had done it. He had been sarcastic, in a subtle way.

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 14th, 2003, 01:31:03 PM
Lion's jaw dropped....Wei had just been...sarcastic...whoa....

"But...but...he's not going to eat me, will he?" Lion asked, injecting fake fear into his voice.

Behind his back, three bar patrons snickered.