PDA

View Full Version : Sanctified Darkness

Anthony Scott
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:47:07 PM
It was a usual bustling scene on the streets and sidewalks of Coruscant this evening. Anthony decided it was time to relieve himself from the Jedi Order and take off for a while to enjoy a drink and perhaps some outside company. Despite minor reservations, the young learner decided not to wear his Jedi robes for they made him feel awkward at times, so instead, he dressed to his normal attire and was happy.

As the man rounded the corner, he set his eyes upon a large establishment with glowing neon signs on the front of the building. It was quite enticing to the eye and he could not help but feel a purpose for heading inside. "Guess this is it!" The thought crossed his mind as he stepped through the doorway and into the buzz of a Coruscant Nightclub.

At first, everyone was pushing and shoving and the air felt thick around the Padawan -- but after a moment of gathering his thoughts, Anthony pushed back and found himself standing beside an empty table with enviting empty chairs. The young man sat down and pushed a few wrinkles from his skin tight white t-shirt which revealed nearly every detail of his sculpted body. He adjusted his casual black leather pants and then laced his fingers together atop the table.

"Heya 'der, suga' -- can I get ya anything?" A soft soothing voice rang in Anthony's ears. He looked up and smiled at a waitress who, was by his standards, scantily clothed. "Um -- I -- I'll have a glass of water, please." He spoke nervously, all the while staring at her bare stomach. Finally the woman's gentle laugh shook him out of the embarassing trance. "A'ight babe -- one water, on the rocks." Again she laughed and Anthony turned away as his cheeks flushed. Thoughts drifted to his daughter who was at a friend's this night so that he could go about freely without worrying about her. He hoped she would not end up like this woman who quickly returned with his requested drink.

"Don't drink too much now." She winked and squeezed his shoulder before setting the glass down and turning to walk away. Anthony nodded a few times absentmindedly as he lifted the cold glass to his lips and tipped it back, taking a slow sips as his brown eyes gazed into the black light above the table. "Sure is a strange place." He thought to himself as the glass met the table once again and Anthony ran a hand through his shoulder length brown hair. "Guess this is what I was missing." He thought for a final time before gazing around at the boisterous crowd surrounding him.

Alana Stormcloud
Mar 26th, 2003, 05:52:03 PM
Alana sat in the darkened corner of the bar, her hue shifting eye reflecting the flickering candle flame. It was not often she went out by herself lately but this night she had felt like a little bit of solitude. The Sith Vampyre had been troubled as of late, and needed time away from her brethren. Though she found herself missing Kolarik's company.

Her feet were propped up on the chair across from her, the high slit in her dress fell away leaving her legs bare, she did not bother covering them. The darkness hid her well enough. She scanned the room, her finger sliding lightly around the rim of her wine glass. Alana sat up a little straighter as she spotted a man enter, he was oddly familiar. Someone that reminded her of an old friend. One she had not seen since she had in fact been turned. Cocking her head she stood up, making her way over to him.

Weaving through the crowd she finally reached his table. As he looked up Alana smiled, she knew it was her friends son. She had not seen him since he had been a small boy but he had his mothers eyes.

"Anthony...." Her silken whisper fell on his ears. The Light hit her translucent face, making her skin glow, and her eyes shifted hues yet again with her emotion. She appeared as she was other worldly....

Anthony Scott
Mar 26th, 2003, 05:59:27 PM
Anthony nearly knocked his glass of water over as he jumped from the sound of his name being spoken by a woman. Catching the tippy glass with quick and natural reflex, the man inhaled deeply and slowly turned his head so that his deep brown eyes rested upon a woman of unmatchable beauty.

"How -- how do you know my name?" He questioned with a nervous twinge in his voice. Slowly he scanned her face, attempting to remember her from anywhere -- but alas, she only felt familiar to him. "Pardon my rude behavior -- please, sit." He stated softly as he stood and pulled out a chair for the woman. Somehow, she was odd -- not in her mannerism, but her skin and her eyes.

"Can I get you something to drink?" He questioned, still uneasy about the woman's presence. "Please don't let her be Sith!" The thought crossed his mind once again but he quickly surpressed it, trying to forget everything bad people had said of them. At the moment, the Padawan Learner was unable to tell the difference between Sith and Jedi, save for the way they felt -- this one did not feel any particular way -- in fact, he could not even feel a living presence surrounding her within the Force. Still a bit nervous and shy, even, the young man drew his glass of water closer to him and locked his eyes on Alana, unable to speak another word to her -- unsure of what to say.

Alana Stormcloud
Mar 26th, 2003, 06:23:17 PM
Alana smiled down at him, her eyes growing soft with fond memories. She had loved his mother dearly, his mother had in fact been her only female friend. She settled into the chair he offered, her hand reaching out and cupping his, her pale skin was cool to the touch but not cold enough to startle.

"How -- how do you know my name?"

Alana not one to mince words began. "I knew your mother quiet well Anthony. She in fact was like a sister to me long ago. I have not seen you since you were a small boy, and I have changed since then....." Alana looked away for a moment, and then back, her smile still in place.

"How is she? It has been so very long since I have paid her a visit. We made a promise to always stay close so our children...."Once again she paused a look of pain filling her eyes.

"But that is neither here nor there. I also promised to look after you." Alana opened herself to the dark side, wanting to feel as much as she could about him, she could remember him cuddled up in her lap.... the child she would never have.

Her eyes widened at what she felt around him. "A Jedi....." She whispered, her sirens voice lending to the other worldly appearance. "When did you become a Jedi Anthony?" Her hand still held his, she could not let go of the tender feelings she had for the boy before her, and it would be too much like letting go of her dear friend...

Anthony Scott
Mar 26th, 2003, 06:45:44 PM
Anthony looked down at the woman's hand cupping his own. He knew better than to draw away -- and for some reason, he did not wish to. As she spoke, his heart grew heavy with sadness once again at the thought of his mother. Damiana -- the beautiful queen of his people and his own, his mother -- she was lost. His eyes which he inherited from her, fell to the table top for a moment before rising to meet those of the woman.

"My mother is dead -- she, my father and -- my wife were killed in a fire but a few years ago." With this he turned his head to keep the obvious emotions hidden from her. Tears, still to this day, stung at the back of his lids but he banned them from falling. His cheeks flushed red as a cherry before he turned back to face her.

"A Jedi -- how did you know I am one? I just joined but a month ago." He said with a smile bringing his mind from the depressing subject of before. Slowly he closed his eyes and imprinted her facial image into his mind. Somehow, she rang a bell in his mind and now he went in search of it. "Are you -- no, it was so long ago." He paused in mid-thought as he reminisced about a woman who had taken him in as her own. He was as close to her as he was his mother and loved her dearly -- but then one day, she went away and he never saw her again. His mother said it was because she was too busy and had a job to take care of far away, but she would be back.

"You never came back." He finally stated, opening his eyes and setting them upon her. They were not fierce, though, nor hard or cold -- but warm and accepting. He had missed this woman greatly, and she had changed -- if indeed it was truly her, but Anthony refused to get his hopes up in case they were to be crushed by a mistake or a sick joke.

Alana Stormcloud
Mar 26th, 2003, 07:02:58 PM
"My mother is dead -- she, my father and -- my wife were killed in a fire but a few years ago."

Alana paled even further at this statement, tears rose to her eyes. I was said by some that vampires do not feel are in fact incapable of love. It was an untruth, they feel more deeply for the ones they love, and the thought of her friend being dead wrenched at her Vampyre soul. The tears that hovered in her eyes were tinged with blood, Alana turned her head as he did wiping the droplets from her eyes. She had lost too many in her life time to count.

Alana nodded her eyes far away and lost with thoughts of Damiana. A woman who had been like a sister, and a mother to her. One who had given her hope at one time when she was lost. She did not say anything when he spoke of being Jedi, though it caused an ache she could not explain.

"You never came back."

Alana looked up into his eyes, his mother’s eyes. A small sad smile tilted the corners of her mouth. "I meant to Ant. I wanted to come back but circumstances did not permit it, and I did not want your mother to know what I had become. Do you remember me? Do you remember the one you called Aunt Alana?" She brought her fingers up, stroking them across his cheek as she had done so long ago. Invoking the memory they both shared. She had always loved to feel the smoothness of his cheeks....

Anthony Scott
Mar 26th, 2003, 07:15:56 PM
Anthony noticed her look away for a moment and he too felt her pain. It was not easy to come to terms with, and it was a reason he had abandoned his people. A sigh escaped his lips as she looked back to him and spoke words which confirmed a love in his heart for one he had not seen for so long.

"Yes -- I remember you so well, my dear Alana -- one so love by my mother and also by me." He smiled despite the pain that rose within his heart. He canted his head to the side as she caressed his cheek. It was something she had done so long ago and he missed the feeling. With his free hand, he slowly brought it up to hold her hand against his smooth skin. "My Aunt Alana -- the one who I thought I should never see again. Why would you be ashamed of who you are? Surly my mother would have loved you the same. I mean -- you're not a Sith or anything!"

A laugh escaped his lips at the attempt to lighten the mood, but he could see that her expression was unchanging. "She can't be a Sith!" He pleaded with himself, hoping that indeed it was just doubt messing with his mind once again. Shaking the thought, he smiled once again and eyed her. "A -- are you?" The question was soft and not meant to bring about hard feelings, but he had to know why she was so ashamed to the point of leaving people she loved so much. "Please -- I will not think of you any less for whatever you think is so wrong."

Alana Stormcloud
Mar 26th, 2003, 07:29:31 PM
Alana cupped his face in her hand, she could see his memory of her returning, and was glad to see it was a fond one. The fact he had remembered her eased the pain somewhat. Her gentle smile did not mesh with her life style to say the least but Alana was not like other Sith Vampyre’s. She in fact still held on to the Mortal coil some found easy to let go of when turned. Her eyes lit when he called her Aunt. It had always made her feel so good inside when she was around him.

I mean -- you're not a Sith or anything!"

Alana's smile faltered when he said this, her expression darkened slightly. Not with anger but with pain at the thought of him shunning her. He being a Jedi did not help the matter, the bitter blood between the light and the dark ever present. But when she looked at him it was not a Jedi she saw but the child she had loved as her own.

"Please -- I will not think of you any less for whatever you think is so wrong."

"Won't you.....?" She sighed looking deeply into his eyes, her own glowing with an unholy light.

"I am so much more than just a Sith Ant, and yes your mother would have loved me no matter what.... But she would have feared me, and that I could not bear. I thought it best for you both if I did not mar your lives with what I am." Her voice had remained tender, wanting him to know she meant him no harm, she had made a promise to protect him, and she would always...

Anthony Scott
Mar 26th, 2003, 08:36:31 PM
The words she spoke pained him so -- the fact that she thought they would fear her. He sighed and allowed his eyes to melt into hers for a moment, fully taking in all she was saying -- even the rhythm of her breathing. He smiled gently and squeezed her hands as they rested upon his cheeks.

"I could never think of you any differently -- and from seeing you again, I just don't understand why the Jedi and Sith hate one another so. I see nothing wrong -- we just view things differently." He stated with a confused look in his soft brown eyes. He sighed to himself at this personal wonderment as thoughts of his Master drifted into his mind. "Wonder why Master Oriadin speaks so low of them." He thought before drawing his attention back to Alana.

"Mar my life? You could never mar my life, Aunt Alana! I am just so happy to have you back!" With that he moved closer and wrapped his arms around her as a smile spread across his lips. He had not smiled like that in some time.

Alana Stormcloud
Mar 27th, 2003, 10:33:30 AM
Alana closed her eyes as his arms slid around her. Her expression was one of utter hurt. He was so innocent, so young. The darkness called out to her wanting her to turn him from the cursed light. To make him her own dark child forever. But the mortal coil that still ensnared her heart held those feelings at bay, giving her enough to resist.

Instead she pulled back her arms still around his waist, looking up into his face. She decided to entice him from the light, to pull him away from such a weakened state. To a Sith the dark side held by far more power, and she wanted him to taste its sweetness. Being what she was did not allow her to consider another side. It did not give leeway to any other option.

"I do not understand it either Ant. The truth of the matter is there is no light and dark there is only the force, and we all use it for gain in some way. Be it for protection, or attack." Alana said softly, she did not want to tell him that she was more than Sith, that the darkness she existed in was deeper. He would find out soon enough that his Aunt Alana was in fact A Sith Vmapyre.

"Tell me of your life Ant. Tell me all that I have missed out on. Tell me about how you came to be a Jedi..."

Anthony Scott
Mar 27th, 2003, 01:03:58 PM
Anthony smiled as Alana drew away just enough to look into his eyes. He stared deeply into her gentle orbs that seemed to glow with an underlying power -- a secret. He could not help but be entranced by the feeling he got from her. Swalling hard, the Padawan thought of all he had to tell her.

"Well -- I left Valarae and the kingdom just a few months after the accident. They want me to take the throne, and I wish to help my people, but I feel inadaquate. Besides, the Jedi prohibit me from doing such a thing. Anyway -- oh! I have a daughter and her name is Faith, she would absolutely love you. Both of us came to Coruscant because I felt drawn here for some reason, and soon we wandered into the Jedi Order. Just a week or so of being there, a Jedi Knight came upon me and became my Master. Now I am training under him." He had so much more to tell her, but details seemed to slip his mind at the moment as he became tangled in the hidden power she held over him.

"Faith is five and looks just like her mother, though she does have my eyes. If I would have known I was going to be meeting you tonight, I would have brought her along. I just felt the need to do a bit of soul searching, on my own." He paused once again and then recalled what she spoke of the Force. It was an interesting view point, and it made perfect sense to him that there was no Light and Dark, it was only how each group thought of one another and the way that they used it. A sigh escaped his lips as he continued looking into her eyes.

"I just don't understand why there are so many restrictions on me. I feel like I'm being held down where I am, though I know it is for the best. It's almost like -- I don't have a choice in what I believe." He said softly, knowing very well in his heart that he didn't and that he would believe whatever the Jedi told him. This made him touch anger once in a while, but again, he reasoned with himself that they knew better and always would.

Alana Stormcloud
Mar 28th, 2003, 10:21:22 AM
Alana took in all that he had to say, seeing his dissatisfaction with the Jedi ways pleased her. It would open so many doors for her, to be able to show him the ways of the dark side. The conflict in his soul was very apparent, and he carried a very heavy burden, one that would leave him with raw emotions. The gift of the dark side grew with unfettered emotion.

"Faith.... I would like to meet your little one Ant. I am sure she is just as endearing as you always were. You were always such a free sprit, never quick to judge others but always ready to forgive." She said softly her eyes glimmering with a soft light, she had already begun in her wooing of him. To draw him away from the cursed light, and into the shadows she lived in.

"I just don't understand why there are so many restrictions on me. I feel like I'm being held down where I am, though I know it is for the best. It's almost like -- I don't have a choice in what I believe."

Alana nodded, letting her eyes grow sad and sympathetic. She truly felt that what a Jedi did to there followers made them weak. Made them into unfeeling robots, and to know his heart rebelled already made it all the more sweet for her.

"It is normal for all to feel there emotions, they are something one can never hide from. To smother them is unnatural, and leaves you empty. To never love, to never grieve. To foolishly stumble through life without fear or anger toward injustice. That would make you no more than a droid. Fear and anger can be focused and controlled. It can also be unleashed at the proper time to help you to achieve what you set out to do..." Alana's words were almost hypnotic, her sirens voice had been known to lull many.

"Can I meet Faith soon? Perhaps you would come with me to my home, and then you will be able to tell me if you love the woman who stands before you. If you can accept the one who loved you like a mother." Her eyes grew sad, she wanted him to see that there was so much more. But having him turn from her would be like loosing his mother all over again.

"Come with me Ant.... If only for awhile..."

Anthony Scott
Mar 28th, 2003, 10:32:31 AM
Anthony was fighting something inside -- it was like a war within his heart. He so desperatly wished for freedom, but he knew he would be disobeying his Master and the Jedi Code. "The Jedi Code is not one to break -- it is a promise, a committment." He attempted to reason with himself as his eyes continued falling into her's.

"I -- I can't go." He began and soon regretted the words that fell from his lips. A sigh escaped his lips and he looked down but was promptly drawn to her eyes once again. He felt her sadness and saw it upon her timeless features. "Mother trusted her and I do too -- she would not try to hurt me." He again spoke to himself and fell under her trance again. "I think I can make an exception."

Anthony shifted his weight and smiled once again, feeling calm and relaxed. He made a mental note to bring Faith to Alana sometime so they could be introduced. He knew his little girl would love this woman as well -- how could she not? "I know Faith will adore you too -- just as I do. I will follow you, for a little while, so you know you have my love. My Master may disapprove, but family comes first. I want to feel love and be able to love in return for once."

Alana Stormcloud
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:14:31 PM
"I think I can make an exception."

Alana's smile at this statement lit her features enhancing her beauty to an almost painful glow. A vampire’s timeless beauty was one that they relied on. Just as they relied on there Sith magic. It is what drew there prey in, and kept them there. She without thought had used it on Anthony. She had wanted him to accept her, to not turn from what she had become. She hoped when he saw what she really was he would still be as open.

"My ship is not too far, perhaps you would accompany me now? I would show you my home Ant, I would show you my life." Her whisper called too him not far from a plea on her part. She wanted to keep the word she had given to her one mortal female friend.

"I know Faith will adore you too -- just as I do. I will follow you, for a little while, so you know you have my love. My Master may disapprove, but family comes first. I want to feel love and be able to love in return for once."

Alana nodded, "You can send for her later if you would like Ant, after you have come to know me better. As for your master.... Surely he must know that some things are unavoidable, and yes family always comes first. Who do we have if not each other?"

Anthony Scott
Mar 31st, 2003, 01:05:49 PM
Anthony was completely drawn in by her voice -- her quiet plea. He moved to his feet and took her hand in his own; his eyes still were locked upon her face.

"Yes -- I should like to accompany you to your ship, to your home, and elsewhere you shall take me." He said quietly, lost in the emotion of the moment. "Wow, she is so beautiful." He said in his mind, looking her over though a bit of guilt swept over his being. "She's family, don't look at her that way." He scolded himself, but part of him just made it impossible.

"My Master must understand -- if only he could see you and realize the circumstances, he would agree with me. This is the only way right now -- I must live a little, yes?" He smiled once again and glowed with a happiness that only she could place in him. With a nod, the young Padawan motioned to the door, hoping to go places he had never seen before -- hoping to go far and live wide.

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 1st, 2003, 05:58:08 PM
I must live a little, yes?"

Alana grinned at him as he said this. Her heart torn between telling him the truth now or waiting until they had reached the Shrine. She decided to wait, she wanted him to at least give her a chance, and to show him her world held so much more.

"My ship is not to far Ant, do you need to relay a message to anyone before we go? The way to Roon is perilous for any who do not know its path." She explained gently.

"If they plan to follow you then it may be wise to warn them off."
Her eyes scanned his for any look of discomfort at her words. He being a Jedi must have sensed the utter darkness that surrounded her.

Alana turned to a small commotion near the balcony, her eyes narrowed slight as if she felt a familiar presence, one who always had a nullifying force bubble around him due to the ysalamiri he wore. Shrugging her shoulders she dismissed it....

Anthony Scott
Apr 1st, 2003, 06:46:09 PM
Anthony looked down for a moment to the comm unit on his wrist. "Maybe I should tell my Master -- but he won't care, he is so busy with his other Padawan." Anthony reasoned with himself for a moment, deciding there was no one he wished to tell. Shaking his head, he smiled at Alana and gazed deeply into her eyes once again.

"No one needs to know where I go -- I need to have some freedom and right now, I feel like I don't have any. If I choose to follow you, then it's my business -- not theirs." He said confidently, then noticed her distant look. The Padawan's eyes followed the Vampyre's but saw nothing, so the deep brown orbs returned to her ever changing ones. "No one will follow me -- I have but a few friends at the Order, one being my Master -- perhaps, though, I should tell one person."

Anthony brought his arm closer to him and flipped a switch on his comm unit, immediatly linking him to the one caring for his daughter. A smile crossed his lips as he relayed a message. "Ceres, I'm going to be gone a bit longer than I thought. If I'm not home tonight, please keep Faith with you as you said you would. I know you'll take good care of her. I may send for her tomorrow and if not -- please keep her for the day after if you could." The voice on the other end sounded a bit surprised, but she willingly agreed to keep Faith as long as it took Anthony to sort out his personal business. "Where are you going?" She questioned, but Anthony simply replied that he had some soulsearching to do and had met up with a family member. Ceres, satisfied with his explanation, wished Anthony well-being and gave the promise to care for his little girl.

"No one will follow -- I trust Ceres and she will not breath a word to a soul. I would follow you to the heart of darkness if you so lead me there." He said, drawing closer to Alana once again and gently touching the soft skin of her cheek. Indeed, he felt the enormous darkness surrounding her, but he was not afraid -- he was taken in. She felt powerful and someone worthy to bow to -- someone to respect. Anthony once had that feeling while his parents ruled the kingdom and he was cherished by the people -- once he was placed in charge, though, he could not handle the power and so he fled. "Maybe she could show me the light. Master Oriadin forbade me to even help my people -- I need some freedom!" His mind pushed him to go, and so taking Alana's hand in his own, he walked forth.

"Show me the way, oh woman dear to my heart."