PDA

View Full Version : The Edge of Normality

Calvin
Mar 26th, 2003, 01:00:16 PM
Calvin, certified genius, president of G.R.O.S.S, and mild-mannered alter ego of Stupendous Man, Spaceman Spiff, and Tracer Bullet, was embarking on his grandest adventure yet.

He was going to become a Jedi.

God save them all.

His parents of course, had objected at first. But when they realized that he would be out of the house... Well, that was it and the decision was made. Calvin, resenting the fact that they had been almost too quick at changing their minds had ignored their support, instead preferring to martyr himself in his mind. He had burst out the door and with a grim look on his face shouted,

"I must break free of this tyranny and follow the inscrutable exhortations of my soul!"

And then hopped in the speeder so his father could drive him to the transport stop.

Now he was here.

The short little kid looked around with the eye of a trained proffesional, and put his hands on his hips gallantly.

"Oh great and powerful Jedi, it is I, CALVIN! Yes, I have come to rid the galaxy of injustice, parents, and school... To fight alongside you as a comrade!"

He cleared his throat and waited.

Angelica Shin
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:43:56 PM
Angelica Shin, Jedi Padwan, Wife, Former Noble and Leader of the Clan of Shin stifled a laugh at the little boy who had entered the recruitment center and made his claims. She was leaning against a wall, dressed in her usual black and green, before she walked over and knelt in front of the boy.

"Hullo there Calvin, so you want to become a Jedi, eh? Well your....Choices of evil, aren't really very Jedi-like choices...."

She was grinning, her green eyes dancing with a michievious light as she stood up and looked around.

"Anyways, you hafta wait for a knight, I can't accept you. But you can tell me why you want to be a Jedi other than getting rid of Parents and School."

Calvin
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:57:14 PM
Calvin jumped noticeably—He’d been too caught up in the euphoria of his heroic address to notice anything else. The boy eyed Angelica.

“How’d you know my name?”

He narrowed his eyes menacingly.

“Never mind. But remember that I have a person-eating tiger friend and many connections, so don’t try anything funny.”

His demeanor changed suddenly from suspicious to willingly open.

“Why do I want to become a Jedi, you ask? Because sometimes not even my lucky rocketship underpants work—“He noticed the strange look she was giving him and nodded, “That’s right! Not even lucky underpants can rid the galaxy of jerks! In my opinion we don’t devote enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks!”

Calvin pounded his small fist on the flat of his hand dramatically.

“Yes! I want to leave the law-abiding citizens a society free from jerks that do stupid things like… Like kill and murder… And…”

He was losing steam so he switched topics quickly.

“I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can take things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din at the same time! But what use are these… these… things, if I don’t use them for the will of goodness?!”

His eager face became somber.

“I want to make good people safe and happy. No! More than happy! That’s the difference between me and your average genius…Happiness isn’t good enough for me! I demand euphoria!”

Calvin finished and looked at Angelica silently. He had the distinct impression that all that he had just said, really amounted to nothing.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 26th, 2003, 09:23:10 PM
"You always find the most interesting people, sweetheart," Wei Wu Wei said as he walked in the Recruitment Center.

"I do think it would be nice if people were kinder. But I rather enjoyed school, and I love my parents half to death."

Calvin
Mar 27th, 2003, 10:40:04 AM
Calvin gave the man a funny stare.

"You're hair does a good job of hiding the lobotomy stitches."

It was beyond him how anyone could have liked school.

Xazor Elessar
Mar 28th, 2003, 09:53:04 AM
A quiet figure stood in the shadows, masked by the darkness surrounding her. Slowly she stepped forth and allowed the light to bathe her figure as a hand slinked up to removed the hood of her flowing black robes. Waist length blonde locks fell to her back in Garou Warrior Braids. The silver coins woven into each clanged together softly, even as she walked toward the gathering. Suddenly she stopped and set her cyan blue eyes upon the small figure before her.

"Greetings -- I am Warrior Jedi Knight, Xazor Elessar. You seek the Jedi this day to become one of us, yes?"

She questioned softly and then offered a smile. Elongated canines of pearly white peeked beneath her upper lip and were visible just above her lower. Indeed, she was not of human descent but of the Garou. Her intent was not to intimidate, though, so with this in mind, she shut her mouth and bowed to the other Jedi present.

"And a good day to you, Master Wei and Lady Angelica."

Xazor spoke with the most respect, even to Padawans or those on the street. This is how a Jedi should be and slowly she was coming to fit the mold despite anger that was present in her past. Again she turned her attention to Calvin and nodded.

"Speak the truth and tell me why it is you came here and what you desire."

Calvin
Apr 7th, 2003, 10:42:33 AM
The Jedi's grace and good looks were quite lost on Calvin, who rarely spared a second glance at anyone's appearance. The boy replied in a rather blunt matter, diplomacy not being a characteristic which he possesed.

"I want to be a Jedi so I can help clean up this stupid universe. It's in shambles!"

He put his hands on his hips.

"The government doesn't do anything, and my Dad says that they're worse than some of the crooks he defends in court! How are people supposed to turn into normal grown-ups in this environment?"

OOC: Calvin's a bit... "Eccentric" but he is sincere. He's just.. Calvin.