PDA

View Full Version : Knights of the Old Republic...

Alpha
Mar 26th, 2003, 11:33:46 AM
Anyone got any ideas of when this is coming out? :) I just saw some screen shots, and it looks sooooo awsome!

Rognan Dar
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:16:38 PM
I know! I cant wait for it to come out.

Last I heard it was coming out spring...which latter read that it wasn't coming out to this fall. WHY CANT THEY MAKE UP THERE MINDS!?!

Darth Viscera
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:51:10 PM
Because it's Lucasarts.

I want another X-Wing game, btw...with hyper-realistic graphics, so much so that you can see the stormtroopers manning the turbolasers inside a Star Destroyer. Maybe like Battlefield 1942 in Space.....captain a star destroyer, hop in a turbolift to get to the flight deck, hop in a TIE Bomber and start strafing a Nebulon-B frigate.

And you should be able to jump into hyperspace into a new "map", like once you've cleaned up everyone in the Chandrila system (map), you hyperjump to Sluis Van (another map) instantly to join with your fleet, who is already engaged in battle. You can even hop in a shuttle and fly down to a planet to battle people there.

Forgive my flights of fancy, but that stuff would be AWESOME.

One more thing...when you install the game, you would go through a registration wizard which would get you assigned to a unit based on your preferences. So there would be like 100 people assigned to your Star Destroyer, 10 of whom might be online at any given time. And if you were damaged badly, you'd have to hyperjump to a shipyard to repair, and defend your ship while you were repairing.

Alpha
Mar 26th, 2003, 05:10:21 PM
That would be really kewl! :) I really doubt they'd have one...:(

Figrin D'an
Mar 26th, 2003, 08:56:32 PM
Games get delayed all the time... it happens, not just to Lucasarts titles. Besides, it's basically Bioware's project... complain to them if want. :p

KOTOR and Galaxies have both been pushed back more than once. After a while, you learn not to trust any release date until the title goes gold.

Shawn
Mar 26th, 2003, 08:58:31 PM
Oh right... Bioware. Expect tons of delays. Neverwinter Nights was fantastic, but they worked on that one for years.

Jedi Apprentice
Apr 21st, 2003, 01:10:22 PM
The game is scheduled to be out in July for XBox and fall for the PC.

Lion El' Jonson
May 4th, 2003, 02:22:17 PM
Galaxies is gonna be interesting, I think. It's got an interesting premise, but I think that LucasArts may be cutting a few corners on it.

Shadow Hunter
May 7th, 2003, 05:26:47 PM
Rogue Squadron 3: Rebel Strike. That looks really cool. all kinds of new stuff in it. Hopefully not a dissapointment.

Helios
May 7th, 2003, 10:15:03 PM
Old Knights scheduled for Nov 14 release date on PC at least for Electronic Boutique

Darth Viscera
May 8th, 2003, 05:55:23 AM
I hate it when publishers decide to release a console version of a game before the PC version.

Morgan Evanar
May 8th, 2003, 06:11:20 AM
EB's release dates mean nothing, and always have meant nothing.

Lion El' Jonson
May 8th, 2003, 10:31:05 PM
Agreed, Morg. They screwed me over with Steel Battalion...but it was worth it. That game is sweeeeeeeet.