PDA

View Full Version : Zelda: Wind Waker

JediBoricua
Mar 26th, 2003, 10:42:30 AM
Any early impressions?

I will buy it tonite, so far I have not seen a bad review. Can't wait to get my hands on the remote, this is going to be a legendary weekend!

Will post more later.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Mar 26th, 2003, 07:01:52 PM
I have been playing the New Zelda Game, and I must say, it is one of the most beautifully crafted games I have ever seen. The Cell-Shading is pulled off to near perfection, the fighting styles are awesome, and the cartoon style humor injected into the game is just hella funny. If you are looking for a Good Gamecube game, then look no further. Buy it now.

Metal Gear Link!
Creeping in barrels, walking against the wall.

JediBoricua
Mar 28th, 2003, 03:57:48 PM
Adding to Dyzm comment.

Not only the graphics are brilliant and beautiful, the gameplay is excellent. It's really different from the other 3D Zelda Games IMO. It's very non-linear and you have access to a lot of islands since the beggining. I just finished the first dungeon (second if you count the forsaken fortress) and it was extremely different from other zelda dungeons. It was not the basic kill all the baddies to get the key gameplay. And it was the first time that I've reached the boss' door not having the key, which made me bactrack and spent a good half hour just finding it! FUN!!!

My only problem with the game is the wind waker itself, it's a bit hard to use, not as straightfoward as the ocarina.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Mar 29th, 2003, 02:41:41 AM
Hard? Bah, but I do love the comical additions.

And remember, as soon as you get the bow, track down the Cyclone God, things will become so much easier.

JediBoricua
Mar 31st, 2003, 10:23:55 AM
Well i'm taking it slowly, just one dungeon per day.

Yesterday I finally got the final pearl.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 31st, 2003, 05:08:19 PM
Paper Zelda is all I keep thinking. It's original. I had a little trouble with camera angles and depth perception when I tried it out.

JediBoricua
Mar 31st, 2003, 05:12:15 PM
It takes like an hour of play time to get the hang of the animation. From then on it's just jaw dropping.

Is it me, or the Heart Pieces in this game are 10 time harder to find than in OOT and MM?

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 31st, 2003, 05:13:52 PM
I wouldn't know. I had an absolutely grand time trying to find all those suckers.

JediBoricua
Mar 31st, 2003, 05:15:40 PM
Yeah me too, i'm a completist and I couldn't sleep until I had those beautiful twenty hearts on my screen.

But now, dang! I have only two, after 6+ hrs. of play time.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 1st, 2003, 06:07:26 PM
only found 2 extra complete hearts (11 pieces right now total), but then, I haven't been looking. I on the Tri-Force Shards lookout, only found 1... but then again, I need to find how to get on the Ghost Ship. To get the hardest map, to find the last piece.
I looking going from hard to easy.
(Also have the magic Eskimo Armor Spell)

RogueLeader
Apr 5th, 2003, 07:36:05 AM
I've played and beaten most of the Zelda games. However I must admit, sadly, I don't see why Nintendo has to keep making the games. Poor Link has gone through enough. It's time he settle down, marry Zelda, and have kids. Enough with the adventures! ;)

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 5th, 2003, 10:58:43 PM
Well In Windwaker, he is not the Original Link, the dressing him in green is tradition.

The World of Hyrule was flooded by the Gods, to help lock the evil which was Gandalf (Who was defeated by the Original Link) for a time. Which explains the Islands. This all takes place thousands of years after OOT.

JediBoricua
Apr 6th, 2003, 09:50:19 PM
Let me just say that I am extremely happy with how the stories between Ocarina and WW are related.

The plot twists just keep on coming!

Miyamoto is still king.

BTW DDD is Ganondorf, not Gandalf!!!

Dark Lord Dyzm
Apr 6th, 2003, 11:26:09 PM
Typo! TYPO!!! Ganondorf/Gandalf, Both start with a Gan, ends with F. Close enough.