PDA

View Full Version : NOTE to all who play Utopia

ReaperFett
Mar 26th, 2003, 06:40:58 AM
The last age has ended, and a new one has begun. This means you've started again :)

So if you play, make sure you have yourself ready, you love protection in 66 hours as of now

Im on the Battlefields server now :)

Darth Viscera
Mar 26th, 2003, 07:46:20 AM
You're on the battlefields server? Are you daft? Are you suicidal? You do realize that you're going to be absolutely creamed, smashed, bashed and slashed within 2 days of leaving protection, right? BATTLEFIELDS IS THE EXPERT SERVER YOU FOO! THESE GUYS HAVE BEEN PLAYING UTOPIA FOR THE LAST 18 AGES, FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS NONSTOP!

Good lord. I wouldn't want to be stuck with your instincts.

ReaperFett
Mar 26th, 2003, 08:16:31 AM
I stayed with the same KD. The veterans :)

What can I say? I understand the meaning of the word loyalty :)

Darth Viscera
Mar 26th, 2003, 09:07:42 AM
Do you know the meaning of the phrase "out of your league"?

ReaperFett
Mar 26th, 2003, 09:10:17 AM
Do you know the meaning of the phrase "Top 3 in all categories for our island last year"? :)

Two 1sts, one 3rd.

Darth Viscera
Mar 26th, 2003, 09:22:51 AM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Do you know the meaning of the phrase "Top 3 in all categories for our island last year"? :)

Two 1sts, one 3rd.

That just reinforces my question from post #4.

ReaperFett
Mar 26th, 2003, 09:46:23 AM
No it doesnt :)

Darth Viscera
Mar 26th, 2003, 09:52:04 AM
Yes it does. You're not even close to being an expert, you should be playing in the World of Legends server like all the other novice and intermediate players (myself included).

ReaperFett
Mar 26th, 2003, 09:57:25 AM
Well I'll learn the hard and fun way. Can always join later :)

Darth Viscera
Mar 26th, 2003, 10:30:03 AM
No, you can't. Mehul tracks your server, IP, kingdom and province. If you show up on the WOL server after having been on the BF server just a while ago, you'll get both of your provinces deleted.

And there's nothing funny about getting raped by multiple kingdoms BF-style, aka no mercy.

ReaperFett
Mar 26th, 2003, 10:33:57 AM
I meant, if I fail, I change.

Darth Viscera
Mar 26th, 2003, 10:56:51 AM
That's what I mean too. Mehul keeps track of your IP, and if he sees you've changed from the BF to the WOL, you run the risk that he'll delete your province because he'll think you're cheating or running more than one province.

ReaperFett
Mar 26th, 2003, 10:58:04 AM
No, because I would have ended the other one.

Jeez, when I said in our forum "I'll be a Rogue, I can always change back to freak if I prefer that way", they understood my logic! :)

Darth Viscera
Mar 26th, 2003, 11:02:57 AM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
No, because I would have ended the other one.

In a perfect world, that would not be a problem. However, Mehul is very prone to just delete a province and not worry about the details at all. If he sees one IP on two provinces, he likely won't even look at the last date you logged in on the expired province, he'll just delete.

Worse things have happened. People have had their provinces deleted because their siblings played the game from the same house with their own provinces. Mehul isn't very good at discriminating between the people who are cheating and are not cheating, it's just about IPs.