View Full Version : Down with Love

Mu Satach
Mar 25th, 2003, 11:38:25 AM
Yeah baby!

http://www.down-with-love.com/

:D :D :D :D

CMJ
Mar 25th, 2003, 11:39:15 AM
I saw the preview for that a few weeks ago. It looks promising for that genre.

Mu Satach
Mar 25th, 2003, 12:26:37 PM
I love the Rock Hudson, Tony Randel, Doris Day flicks...
Pillow Talk, Lover Come Back, Send me no flowers... and generally when people tinker with the older stuff they always somehow really screw it up... but the trailer looks really cool. :D

Threepio
Mar 25th, 2003, 01:08:52 PM
I wanna seeeee it :)

Ack! I am C-3PO....!

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 25th, 2003, 06:51:59 PM
That looks excellent and a revitalising entry for the romantic comedy genre. I know romantic comedy is popular but I think it has been repetitive. Plus Ewan McGregor is just a star.

ReaperFett
Mar 25th, 2003, 06:55:38 PM
Looks dire. And McGregor is hardly someone who avoids bad films :)

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 25th, 2003, 07:08:51 PM
Oh, you're just being contrary! :p

ReaperFett
Mar 25th, 2003, 07:10:03 PM
Whatever, little miss "I dont like Waynes World, but give me a musical any day!" :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 26th, 2003, 02:46:34 AM
Oh, bless his little cotton socks! :D

>D

sirdizzy
Mar 26th, 2003, 08:28:17 AM
what the???? is all i have to say

i think this has been beat to death damn who wants to go to a movie that is a freaking clone of 100 different movies before it and where ya know exactly what is going to happen even so much they don't care to hide it even in the trailer

Mu Satach
Mar 26th, 2003, 09:37:46 PM
yes, it follows a formula, yes there's not going to be any BIG surprises... but it looks fun...

I don't eat cotton candy everyday but once in a while I like to have it when I'm at an amusement park and this film fits in that same catagory for the same reasons. So I'll be dropping my cash on the counter, grabbing the bag of popcorn and soda, kicking my feet up on the seat infront of me and enjoying the ride.

sirdizzy
Mar 28th, 2003, 09:23:24 AM
i am just not big on chick flick formula films

i can get into an action formula film though

JediBoricua
Mar 28th, 2003, 03:59:09 PM
I've just fallen victim to the formula. Getting ready to go and watch "How to loose a guy in 10 days". It should never be her turn to choose movies!!! *sigh*

Mu Satach
Mar 28th, 2003, 04:20:08 PM
oooooooo.... I narrowly missed that one last week. My friends birthday and she was picking the movie... actually that's a weird friendship, she's the girlfriend of my bestfriend who's a guy... yeah... that's a weird one... anyway... I digress...

she was naming off the movies she wanted to see and there was a moment of panic when she said that one... and then she decided on "View from the Top" *phew* that's a formula chick flick as well... but it was fun and didn't make me want to hurl.

sirdizzy
Mar 28th, 2003, 07:51:39 PM
honestly how to lose a guy look a hell of a lot better than view from the top

Mu Satach
Mar 28th, 2003, 09:12:14 PM
You've got to be kidding...
View from the top had a cockeye'd Mike Meyers as an instructor at the flight attendant school...
How to Lose a guy in 10 days just had... had... oh yeah... absolutely nothing. ;)

JediBoricua
Mar 28th, 2003, 09:23:35 PM
God I love this woman. The only thing that keep's me going is the fact that next time I choose!

Ok it wasn't thaaaaaaaaaaaaat bad :grumble

Mu Satach
Mar 28th, 2003, 09:27:44 PM
Could have been worse...

She could have taken you to "What a Girl Wants" >_<

JediBoricua
Mar 28th, 2003, 09:34:50 PM
Well I do draw the line somewhere. Usually before toxic trash as Glitter or that Britney Spears movie.

And it's not all bad, thanks to her I found that jewel of a movie called Moulin Rouge.

sirdizzy
Mar 29th, 2003, 02:42:43 AM
well view from the top looked liked a lame formula film, how to lose a guy seemed to have a little more originality

Mu Satach
Mar 31st, 2003, 07:41:32 PM
It was a formula flick, just a small town girl living in a lonely world... ;)

but... it had a lot of humor in it that clued the viewer in that they weren't taking themselves seriously at all... and if it makes me laugh then I can deal with the predictability because I'm waiting to see what the next joke is... nudge nudge aye aye... know what I mean... say no more... also, it didn't have a strong romance angle to the story. There was a bit of that, but it wasn't the focus.

how to lose a guy looks completely unappealing to me... the jokes look more like the girl is going to be portrayed as a complete idiot with maybe some slapstick pratt falls as the jokes... and the idea that she's going to somehow end up with the "perfect romance" guy just makes my skin crawl...

however, the more I think about it, I'm biased...
It has Matthew McConaughey and the only film I really like he's in is A Time to Kill and that's because I enjoyed the book & Samuel Jackson. There's something about that guy that just makes me want to use him as a punching bag.... so to have him be "the guy" probably has a lot to do with my desire to retch when I see the trailers.
:)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 1st, 2003, 03:57:29 AM
Note:

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days is absolutely awesome. Mu, definetely see this movie!!!

Basic plot: Girl (Kate Hudson) has to write an article for a magazine about all that women do wrong in relationships. Her boss tells her to find a guy, and do ALL the things to him that women do that chase away men. Hence, keeping a journal and "losing a guy in 10 days."

Boy (Matthew) wants to get a promotion at work. Things get turned around until he's got to get a woman to fall in love with him in ten days, and the promotion is his. The woman picked it Kate Hudson, of course.

Hilarity ensues. Its great. I promise!!

RogueLeader
Apr 4th, 2003, 04:39:03 PM
This movie looks cool. When is the release date?? And yes, I was gone for awhile. I left but came back. :)

Mu Satach
Apr 4th, 2003, 06:21:33 PM
Down with Love is slated to come out around mid-May.

It's the chick flick to counter with the opening action meglomania that begins during that season. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 7th, 2003, 03:32:24 PM
HOoray! Down With Love is on video today!!

I'm going to go buy it. I loved this movie. :D