PDA

View Full Version : World Cup Cricket!

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 22nd, 2003, 05:51:03 PM
The final is on tonight! Australia verses India.

Anyone else here been following it?

Destiny Stormrider
Mar 22nd, 2003, 05:59:15 PM
My friends have! When you're Indian, you have cricket in your blood! they used to wake up at 2 am to watch dem matches. But I heard last time these two countries played, India got its derriere kicked!

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:09:00 AM
Aust 2 for 359, Ponting slaughtered the Indian attack. Eh, this game is already over and India havent batted. 360 has never been sucessfully chased and I dotn think it's happening tonight.

Destiny Stormrider
Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:37:21 PM
ROFL we lost! I knew it, dunno had a feeling India wouldn't win. You know what's kinda funny? I heard the Indian population was burning Sachin and other player's effigies before the matches as in "if you don't win we're gonna....". I guess they're happy as long as India won vs Pakistan (it's stupid but true).

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 23rd, 2003, 08:05:09 PM
India paper headline - "Shock and Awe", referring to the australian batting.

It was incredible. I've never seen anything like it. India all out for 230'ish. They realy never stood a chance after the first innings assault.

Destiny Stormrider
Mar 23rd, 2003, 08:25:06 PM
I guess. My 'cousin' (almost everyone you know is your cousin, Indian-style) was talking to me. He's like "the bowlers were sold out! Anyone that watched could say so! Even I can do better than them!" And it's true, match fixing is very popular in India (+Australia's got a great team, not just to suck up to u :p)