PDA

View Full Version : Good to feel the burn!

Evil Hobgoblin
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:44:18 PM
So I was burning cds for my dad and sitting here bored. Getting paid 10$ an hour for two hours of work (which is nothing special if you think about it, but still, it's good to make some extra money when I have to shoulder most of the next school payment myself).

Then I got out my weights and started working out to kill time. It felt so darn good to exercise, I've made myself a resolution- by this summer, I will be back to my previous exercise routine.

Uncle Brian wants your help!

In order to keep my resolutions on forming a hard bod, I need you guys to be my cheering section! Otherwise, I'm gonna totally have no motivation to work out.

This will involve progress pictures, starting with one next weekend. It will be my "start" picture. I hope to have a picture every two weeks for the next two months, be it casual or workout photo. The success I achieve at the end of that time will dictate whether I continue.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Mar 21st, 2003, 11:50:08 PM
Good Goal, I won't cheer you on though, but I will encourage you to work harder. Cheering inflats Ego, and that bad.

Speaking of which, I also need to get back into shape... I struggle just to run a mile... I lost all my soccer skills, and My swimming has dropped to that of a Very Skilled, Average swimmer... ME! Who was A state class swimmer when I was younger...

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 21st, 2003, 11:52:26 PM
Good Goal, I won't cheer you on though, but I will encourage you to work harder. Cheering inflats Ego, and that bad.

It hepls give willpower to go through with a fitness campain. And anyway what is wrong with a bit of ego stroking anyway? If you feel good about yourself, your much more likely to want to look good too.

Figrin D'an
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:25:36 AM
Don't feel so bad... I was a pretty good baseball player at one point, but now my skills are blah... Still a good swimmer, although I would need to lose some weight to get really good again.

Ehh... I'll stick with climbing and golf...

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:33:08 AM
Bout two months ago, I could swim 3 km straight without thinking twice about it. Havent really been able to do much since I hurt my arm :\ really will have to pick it back up again very soon

Dark Lord Dyzm
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:34:21 AM
To much ego is bad. If you start believing you look like Gods Gift to earth, you might start to slacken off on your personal training to go show off, it gets worse and worse, and then, you back to what you started as.

I was a real skilled swimmer when I was younger. Only practiced 3 times a week, and got into state championships. (Where I got squashed...) but hey, if I swam like my mom use to out in Hawaii, 7 days a week, morning and nights, I could of proberly been State Champion like she was.

Kariss
Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:26:52 AM
Hey, you need help, you've got it! I'm on the same track you are!

Sejah Haversh
Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:52:00 AM
Hey, you know, I need to get back in shape myself, and I'll probably never do it alone, so, whatsay I join this little fitness shindig and we can sort of compete. Though, I have no weights or stufff...

Still, I weigh 204, and want to be down around 175 by summer. I know it can be done, I once went from 210 to 167 in a month, so, I want to get back there again.

Hob, I'll root for you if you root for me. Sould like a deal?

Evil Hobgoblin
Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:59:36 PM
Alrighty then, Sejah. My current weight is 184, and I want to turn that into muscle.

To everyone rooting for me: thanks!

imported_Eve
Mar 22nd, 2003, 05:49:44 PM
Swimming: I was a sprinter for two years, freestyle and butterfly. One practice we did a fund raiser, and I swam 3.2 miles in an hour. They made me a distance swimmer, and I only sprinted in relays from then on. Suck.

Can I join this party?

I need to get thinner.

Evil Hobgoblin
Mar 22nd, 2003, 05:57:03 PM
But of course. The more, the merrier. :)

I am trying to dig up some info on some of my old weight training programs to hunt down my maxes for various lifts. I'm going to post them when I find them.

Chaos Alexander
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:01:10 PM
I will join as well. When I got back from boot camop I was 140ish. Now I am 180. Must get more muscle.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:08:29 PM
My work out programme = tanning

I'm working on a tan. I'm also taking a web design class. :D

BUT I will certainly break out the pom-poms and cheer you guys on. And I'll work on a six pack for my abs. :D

ReaperFett
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:11:35 PM
I think about sit-ups. That enough? :)

Dark Lord Dyzm
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:16:55 PM
Post here once a day, telling how much you worked out by. That way, others are like "Ahhhh, I need to work out also!"

Sprinter in Backstroke, Free, and Fly. I sucked at Breaststroke.
When we need practice 100 IM's, my friend and I where equal, I would gain a good lead on him in Fly, gain a bit more in Back, he would catch up in Breast, and he was my equal in Free, so we always came in about the same time. In a 200, he would gain almost half a length on me in Breaststroke.

Evil Hobgoblin
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:47:18 PM
Dyzm: Results every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday or Saturday for me. A solid, long-term weight training program will have exercises every other day or every two days. Your muscles simply won't grow unless you give them time to rest and heal. It's different with cardiovascular activity like swimming, which does not target and work specific muscles intensively.

As part of my workout, though, I should do 10 to 30 minutes of cardio each day.

Fett: Only if you're trying to give your brain a workout. :)

Lilaena: :lol Good luck tanning your abs into shape. :)

Chaos: Boot camp, eh? What kind of workout regimine did they have you on? I know it's got to be tough, because boot camp is a biznatch.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:49:17 PM
I'm not going to tan them into shape! I have an ab thingy to do. :D

Zasz Grimm
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:54:27 AM
I need to loose about 50-60 lbs....

People say I look fine cause I am tall and such, but I don't think so. If I loose about 60 lbs, I should be at a decent weight for my height, and after that, either lift weights and stuff...or I dunno..

I will probably start soon, then...

:)

Cassidy Williams
Mar 25th, 2003, 11:35:55 AM
Whoo ha, I'm in for this! I need to get down to 120 and build up some muscle for my next audition so count me in :D

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 25th, 2003, 01:47:30 PM
I'm not fat, but I'm not thin either. I just need to get a good abdominal(sp?) workout. Any suggestions?

Figrin D'an
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:49:31 PM
Originally posted by Wei Wu Wei
I'm not fat, but I'm not thin either. I just need to get a good abdominal(sp?) workout. Any suggestions?

Crunches... lots of 'em. :)

Sophia Harten
Mar 25th, 2003, 05:09:10 PM
I miss dancing. I might take that up again... maybe on the weekend. :)

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 25th, 2003, 07:18:58 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
Crunches... lots of 'em. :)

Stomach crunches, eh? Sounds like a plan. I'll have to get started on those right away. Thanks, Figrin.

Sean Piett
Mar 25th, 2003, 07:41:51 PM
DDR + Rollerblading

Evil Hobgoblin
Mar 25th, 2003, 10:12:35 PM
Crunches and sit-ups are the best ab workouts out there.

I worked out today, before work. After my shift (the shift from hell, btw) I was exhausted and sore.

But I know I will like the results. I am motivated.

Zeke
Mar 25th, 2003, 10:24:41 PM
I need to start running again, at least once a week, though I could stand to do it more. I've got a 10K to do July 4th, and if I don't start now, I'll never live through it.

Cassidy Williams
Mar 26th, 2003, 10:23:29 AM
Bah, didn't do anything last night but this morning I did a thirty-minute Pilates workout. So I did something, and I'm going to the gym tonight :)

Evil Hobgoblin
Mar 26th, 2003, 12:04:33 PM
Ha, ha, yeah, it's hard to get started on something like this. That's why I wasn't too picky with yesterday's workout- I wanted just to exercise and get into the habit. I had work that afternoon/evening anyway, so going through a full workout was unwise.

I did the following:

Regular five-ten minute warmup exercises and stretches.
1 set, 10 pushups
1 set, 20 sit-ups
2 sets, 20 arm curls, 10 lb weight
2 sets, 5/3 arm curls, 25 lb weight
2 sets, 10 bench presses, 80 lbs
Cooldown stretches

Still working on hunting down my old weight training info. I might have thrown it away (d'oh!).

And now, I have some Ethics texts to read.

Kelt Simoson
Mar 26th, 2003, 12:13:43 PM
I play Hockey weekly so im pretty fit already :D.muahahaha