PDA

View Full Version : Question.

Evil Hobgoblin
Mar 21st, 2003, 02:23:15 PM
Is there a way for the average Joe to see how many views there are to a particular thread that are not his own, or does VBulletin not keep track of that? Or, is it a high-level administrative function that the average Joe can't access?

ReaperFett
Mar 21st, 2003, 02:51:36 PM
You mean the VIEWS column next to the REPLIES column?

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 21st, 2003, 04:54:50 PM
No Fett, that's NOT what he means.

I presonally dont know of a way to see that Hob. Replies yes, views no

Shawn
Mar 21st, 2003, 05:04:54 PM
Count how many times you've hit refresh? :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 21st, 2003, 06:10:22 PM
Ooh that's a good idea ;)

Evil Hobgoblin
Mar 21st, 2003, 06:36:08 PM
Can we not be silly or asinine, please?

I'm interested in knowing whether there is a breakdown of thread views that VBulletin keeps track of or not, and furthermore whether it is possible for an average person to see whether a started thread is receiving significant attention outside of their own re-viewings. I didn't include a topic tag because I figured that the Group Mods and Staff forum would not spam or crapflood a serious question. Out of the four replies to this thread, two of them aren't worth the effort the posters took to type them.

Shawn: I'm assuming that means you don't know of anything. Ogre probably knows for certain, though... guess I'll wait for him to come along.

While I'm asking questions, I have another one. When I'm logging on to 'Fans and I have a new private message, sometimes the board will make me log in a second time before I can view it. Also, sometimes after I logout and use the "Quick Reply" box, it will use a previously logged in ID instead of my current one. Does anyone know why this happens and what I can do about it, if anything? It caused three accidental Hobgoblin posts yesterday alone.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 21st, 2003, 06:41:50 PM
The answer to your question is no. No such feature exists for members, mods, or admins. The overhead such a feature would add to the database would be far too extreme to consider having.

As for your second question, I would be willing to bet that your IE cookies are corrupt. See the sticky topic in the communications forum for the method to remedy that issue.

Evil Hobgoblin
Mar 21st, 2003, 06:51:38 PM
Okay. Thank you.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 21st, 2003, 06:51:52 PM
While I'm asking questions, I have another one. When I'm logging on to 'Fans and I have a new private message, sometimes the board will make me log in a second time before I can view it. Also, sometimes after I logout and use the "Quick Reply" box, it will use a previously logged in ID instead of my current one. Does anyone know why this happens and what I can do about it, if anything? It caused three accidental Hobgoblin posts yesterday alone.

Okay, that's a cookies issue, I'm pretty sure. I've hit that problem before. The best thing to do is either use Mozilla (never had the issue there) or clear out cookies in IE. If you have IE 6, click on Tools, then Internet options. In the general tab, bout halfway down, there is a button to "delete Cookies". Do so and then see how you go.

To be honest tho, the real soltuion was not use IE at all and set up profiles in Mozilla. Helen and I tend to also use different logins on the home PC's so we dont accidentally log in as each other as well. With my own PC, I have a login set up for Helen and two profiles set for a quick switch between Marcus and Turbogeek.

Shawn
Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:29:25 AM
I'm assuming that means you don't know of anything. Ogre probably knows for certain, though... guess I'll wait for him to come along.No, it meant "No". Counting how many times you've viewed the thread would be the only way.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 22nd, 2003, 04:18:30 AM
..sorry....:\ no more comments I promise