PDA

View Full Version : Little acorns lead to mighty oaks (open challenge)

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 21st, 2003, 01:08:04 PM
Little Acorns Lead To Mighty Oaks.

Not that he took these sorts of things seriously – fortunes found in bubble gum wrappers, but with the mood he was in, it was easy to take something like that personally.

He felt like a little acorn.

Since he’d joined the Sith Order, he’d taken a rather hefty blow to what might have been a partially over inflated ego. Back at school, he’d been relatively well known. He was a good athlete and he’d had life pretty easy.

At the Sith Order – he was nothing but one apprentice among many many others. And he hated the feeling. He probably should have been back there working on a few of the skills his master had begun to teach him, but he felt like he’d been working on it forever and ever already and he wanted to actually try it out on someone.

He hadn’t asked if it was ok to leave. He hadn’t even told anyone he was taking off. This move wasn’t necessarily a lack of respect, though he probably could have used a good lesson in that as well. It was more just the fact that he couldn’t stand to feel cooped up any longer.

A little Acorn. Screw that, he thought to himself. He’d show them he was more than a little acorn. And angrily he struck out at the person walking some distance in front of him. It was simply a shove through the force, but the anger behind it gave it a rather good amount of energy to it.

Ruufe Shanks
Mar 21st, 2003, 06:37:30 PM
Ruufe stumbles, putting a hand up to catch the straw hat that threatens to tumble off of his head.

"OI! Watch it!"

Turning, he sees the nearest person is several feet behind him.

"If you're going to push someone, walk up and push them! Don't hide like a coward behind your Force abiliity!"

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:17:12 AM
Maxim took satisfaction in the stumble of the one in front of him. A self satisfied smirk had crept over his scowling expression, replacing the dark look with something of a cocky sort of air about him.

The words of his victim did little to really bother him, though he disliked being a coward and found himself defending this right off the bat.

“Are you calling me a coward, scarecrow boy?” He snarled, referring to the large straw hat and rather gangly limbs of Ruufe. As he spoke, he advanced upon him, as if to make good on what he’d done through the force.

More than happily he’d actually give the kid a shove, never being one to back away from any sort of physical confrontation. Though he’d never been the bully on the playground, to some degree, he seemed at this moment to be somewhat familiar with the behavior of one.

Ruufe Shanks
Mar 22nd, 2003, 03:55:29 PM
Ruufe simply folds his arms and sneers up at Maxim. The other guy is at least a head taller the boy with the hat.

"Are you deaf or just stupid?"

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 24th, 2003, 11:27:48 AM
With that remark, Maxim reached for the gangly kid, fingers gripping in what one would easily consider to be a menacing gesture around the kids shirt front.

With a good head of height on the kid and limbs well practiced at working out, he lifted him a bit, the scowl set on his face turning into a bit of a snarling expression.

The insinuation that he was deaf didnt bother him - but the suggestion that he was stupid...

“You’re going to wish I wasn’t capable of hearing that last remark…” He promised as he gave Ruufe a good shove, his fingers releasing the kids shirt as he did.

Ruufe Shanks
Mar 24th, 2003, 11:35:21 AM
Ruufe stumbles but doesn't fall, flashing an angry smile. This guy wants to push him around? Fine then, he'll show Maxim why he's going to be the Vampyre King. “You’re going to wish I wasn’t capable of hearing that last remark…”

"I can fix that for you."

He strikes at Maxim's left ear with a fist.

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:15:06 PM
As the fist made its way toward his ear, Maxim found natural reflexes reacting. He had been trained for some time now in combat, his father being a military officer who expected discipline and well practiced skills from his twin sons.

Though he was not fully practiced in the force, he was beginning to learn to call upon it, and his hand as it caught Ruufe’s fist was aided by something certainly more than natural reflexes.

“Can you, now?” He taunted, squeezing the fist within his as his master had done to him during one of their training sessions.

Ruufe Shanks
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:26:01 PM
"Sure can. Just watch me."

A kick releases his fist and puts a bit of space between the two. Ruufe fakes another punch and jumps, swinging his leg around in a kick at Maxim's temple.

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 24th, 2003, 01:39:45 PM
Ruufe knew how to fight, that was for sure. As the kick came towards Maxim’s temple, he turned away, ducking as he did so. The kick missed his temple, but still caught him in the back, causing him to stumble forward a few feet before he found his footing and whirled on Ruufe.

He didn’t give a flying saucer what the kid thought of him using the force. It was what his master had been teaching him, and from what he knew of Lady Vader, he would be wise to soak up all that she had to teach him.

It was with the force that the gave Ruufe another good shove, preferring to keep a distance between he and the rascaly, gangly kid.

And there they faced off again. Maxim felt himself reaching for his saber, and with the practicing he had done, it came immediately to his hand and a second later, ignited.

Ruufe Shanks
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:09:08 PM
Ruufe blinks and shifts his hat atop his head. He lacks a weapon other than his hands and feet. He'll need to exercise a bit more caution.

"Are you going to pose with that all day or use it?"

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 24th, 2003, 05:41:50 PM
This kid had an awfully big mouth and it was irritating Maxim to no end.

He didnt bother answering the question, but instead began to advance on Ruffe, closing the distance, his saber held ready to attack or defend.

"Where'd you get such a big mouth?" Maxim asked as the distance between them grew smaller and smaller.

Ruufe Shanks
Mar 24th, 2003, 05:53:14 PM
"I was born with it. How else do people get mouths?"

His arms drop loosely to his sides, and his eyes fix on the saber. Ruufe is marvelously tough. He can take a hit like none other. But that blade is going to be a problem.

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 24th, 2003, 05:59:42 PM
Maxim nodded.

"Born with it, huh? Guess not everyone is perfect..." He continued to advance, the space between he and Ruufe not all that much.

A wicked gleam entered his dark eyes.

"Lemme see what I can do about removing that tongue and fixing the problem you seem to have...."

Ruufe Shanks
Mar 24th, 2003, 06:15:12 PM
"You're welcome to try."

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 24th, 2003, 06:31:00 PM
'Trying' wasnt exactly what he had in mind. Rather he'd picture'd handing the boy his tongue back and telling him to make better use of it the next time that to run it off to someone who didnt have the time or the patience.

But this would have been a wasted explanation.

So instead he decided on a slight change of plans. The first swing of the saber came in low - aimed at the legs - revenge of removing the foot that had kicked him in mind.

Ruufe Shanks
Mar 24th, 2003, 06:36:26 PM
Ruufe jumps to evade, but doesn't return fire. He has yet to think of how he means to take Maxim's advantage from him, so in the meantime, he'll put his big mouth to good use.

"Try harder. You couldn't cut a tree down with that swing."

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 24th, 2003, 06:40:42 PM
His anger flared with that remark and it wasnt the saber that swung, but a good shove from the force instead.

He didnt like being made fun of, and worse, the kid was more nimble than he'd thought he might be.

"Surprised theres enough oxygen left for the rest of us with that motor mouth...." He mumbled under his breath.

Ruufe Shanks
Mar 24th, 2003, 06:43:06 PM
Ruufe jumps again as the blast hits him, having expected a follow up strike. Seems he guessed wrong, as he goes flying back to hit a lamppost. The boy manages to put his feet down and prevent falling to the floor, but his recovery is going to leave Maxim the opportunity to make good on his promise of vengeance.

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 28th, 2003, 10:39:58 AM
Maxim wasted as little time as possible in closing the distance between he and Ruufe. The kid seemed a bit off balance, but then, with limbs that gangly, it wasnt exactly a great indicator.

He grabbed the kid by the scruff of his shirt, saber held threateningly between them, as if he were planning to make good on his threat to remove the kids tongue if he dared to stick it anywhere within striking distance.

"Go ahead, open that big mouth of yours..." He growled.

(ooc: just ignore the pm I'd sent. I do think they're evenly matched, I was just thinking for char development is would bea good thing for Maxim to get his butt kicked around rather soundly. But just continuing on is fine with me.)

Ruufe Shanks
Mar 28th, 2003, 11:03:21 AM
(OOC: Done. :))

Ruufe opens his mouth wide, belching loudly in defiance of Maxim's threat. Ruufe clamps a scrawny hand on Maxim's wrist and wrenches it off his shirt with ease, pushing the guy back a few paces. The Force aids Ruufe's strength.

"Not a bad one, eh?"

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 28th, 2003, 03:18:12 PM
Not a bad one, eh?

Maxim felt the rage growing with each moment the kid outsmarted him.

“Consider yourself lucky, cuz its going to be your last….” He replied.

He hadn’t realized the kid was a force user. It was a skill he hadn’t really thought to work on, feeling the presence of another in this way. It was something, certainly, to ask his master about the next time he saw her.

He reconsidered his strategy a bit – he’d learned from his experiences with Odin and Southstar while sparring that foolish moves could lead to serious consequences and he tried to control the anger that threatened to consume him and cause him to do something he would later regret – if he lived to regret it.

Instead of advancing, he paused for a moment. He knew more taunting would come, but he had to learn to be patient. And this was an exercise in that at the very least.

Ruufe Shanks
Mar 28th, 2003, 04:48:21 PM
"Oh? You still haven't cut my tongue out, what makes you think you can stop me from belching?"

Ruufe is hesitant to attack as well, but for different reasons. A wrong move and he could lose a limb. Worse, he could lose his life. He needs a good opening, but Maxim hasn't presented him with one. So...he'll just hafta make one. Ruufe picks up a chunk of durracrete and hefts it, then throws it with fair speed to Maxim.

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 31st, 2003, 10:29:36 AM
As the chunk of durracrete flew at him, his first instinct was to duck. He wasn’t practiced enough in the dark side that stopping it with the force came as the practiced natural reaction.

He had quick reflexes, but it wasn’t enough against the force backed throw. It caught him in the side of the shoulder he had turned when ducking and caused him to stumble back a few feet.
He cursed, for the impact was painful and made fighting with a saber not quite the best option anymore. The saber disengaged, though it was still held firmly in his hand.

Ruufe Shanks
Mar 31st, 2003, 12:32:09 PM
Better. Ruufe lunges in, drawing his arm back in an almost exaggerated left hook.

Maxim Vasilijev
Mar 31st, 2003, 02:28:16 PM
As the kid cocked his arm back, Maxim regained his footing and turned to face his opponent. His block came up just in time to prevent the fist from fully connecting with his jaw. It would have hurt – immensely.

The hand holding the saber used the hilt of it as a weapon in itself, swung with a fairly accurate effort towards his attacker.

Ruufe Shanks
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:23:15 PM
Ruufe's not without a defense of his own. He copies Maxim's block and tries a headbutt.

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:39:16 AM
He cursed as the pain of the head butt coursed through his skull. Momentarily, he found himself blinded as stars seemed to cloud his vision. He stumbled back, tripping as he did on the curb behind him.

Ruufe Shanks
Apr 1st, 2003, 11:14:42 AM
Ruufe rubs the top of his head, having botched his attack.

"Oi, you're just as hard headed as me!"

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 1st, 2003, 11:50:12 AM
Maxim sat now on the curb holding his forehead in his hand and willing back the pain.

At Ruufe’s comment, he glanced up at the kid.

“It seems so…” He replied, moving back to his feet, though it did nothing to help the pain.

“Whats your name, anyway?” He asked, accepting that perhaps he had met an equal in stupidity.

Ruufe Shanks
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:31:00 PM
"Ruufe Shanks. I'm going to be the Vampyre King!"

Ruufe grins broadly, holding a hand out to Maxim. Now that the boy's not fighting him, Maxim seems like an okay guy.

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 1st, 2003, 01:22:24 PM
Ruufe Shanks. I'm going to be the Vampyre King!

Maxim shook the hand extended to him, an amused grin beginning to find its way to his features. He didn’t smile all that often, but Ruufe’s declaration was a little too funny to resist. He offered his name before he replied to Ruufe's career potential.

“Vampire King?” He asks, an eyebrow slightly raised.

“Why would you want to be that?” He asks, in a tone that does not mock the idea, but rather suggests a curiosity over why Ruufe would choose that occupation over…say….being a master in the Sith Order.

Ruufe Shanks
Apr 1st, 2003, 05:46:29 PM
Ruufe's grin broadens, showing off a pair of fangs.

"Vampyres are among the strongest beings in the galaxy. To be the king would mean that I would be the strongest of all Vampyres. I'd be the most powerful man alive."

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 2nd, 2003, 09:57:17 AM
Maxim nodded appraisingly at the pair of fangs as they were displayed to him.

Vampyres are among the strongest beings in the galaxy. To be the king would mean that I would be the strongest of all Vampyres. I'd be the most powerful man alive.

The Sith apprentice grinned.

“Sounds like you’ve got the right idea then…” He replied.

“So where’d you learn to fight like that anyway?”

Ruufe Shanks
Apr 2nd, 2003, 12:17:18 PM
"I just do what I feel like doing."

Ruufe shrugs.

"I know it's a lame explanation, but I really can't tell you. I just fight."

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 2nd, 2003, 01:04:00 PM
Maxim nodded, finally replacing his lightsaber on his belt. His normal glowering expression seemed to have subsided slightly. The occasional grin that he offered was not to suggest he took Ruufe less seriously than he should have, for he didn’t.

“So how does your plan to become Vampire King work?” He asked, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning back against a lamppost. He himself had little interest in vampires or ever becoming one of them, but he was interested in hearing about Ruufe’s plans.

Ruufe Shanks
Apr 2nd, 2003, 01:09:17 PM
"It's easy. I just beat every Vampyre in the Shrine. Once I'm stronger than all of them, they won't be able stop me from claiming the title of Vampyre King!"

A simple plan, yes, but one filled with danger. It will take a long, long time to accomplish, but it hasn't occurred to Ruufe yet. But then again, Ruufe literally has an eternity to accomplish this goal...so it wouldn't matter much even if he had thought of it.

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:25:47 PM
It's easy. I just beat every Vampyre in the Shrine. Once I'm stronger than all of them, they won't be able stop me from claiming the title of Vampyre King!

Maxim, not having eternity, rather quickly decided this was a hell of a task. He likened it to the sith Order and he knew just from his limited amount of time there so far that it would be quite some time before he would be close to even being a joker for the ‘King’

“Whats the Shrine?” He asked, knowing nothing of the vampire world and their organizations.

Ruufe Shanks
Apr 3rd, 2003, 12:56:15 PM
"Vampyres. Duh."

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 4th, 2003, 09:25:38 AM
Maxim gave Ruufe a long look, as if he thought they’d moved past the attitude from both of them.

“Im not exactly into the vampire thing, Ruufe.” He stated as if to explain why he didn’t know what the Shrine was.

“So how many of these vampires have you got to defeat before you become King?”

Ruufe Shanks
Apr 4th, 2003, 09:24:32 PM
"Um...there's this ugly bastard named Valirion, and his old fart apprentice Sol, then Darren, my master, and Alana and Soth and Dalamar and Ezra and Kariss and Grimlok and Laroque and...and...oh yeah, that idiot Patriarch guy, Saurron! There's probably more, but I forgot them."

Maxim Vasilijev
Apr 7th, 2003, 01:01:06 PM
Maxim laughed as Ruufe went down the list of vampires he had yet to defeat.

“Sounds like you’ve got your work cut out for you.” He commented, giving a quick glance at a speeder as it cruised by them.

“Well good luck in your battles to become Vampire King…” Though he wanted to hang out a bit longer, he was dependent on public transportation until he got a ship of his own. And he had to get back to Coruscant by tomorrow morning, or his master would have his hide for missing his training.

“Hope you don’t forget the little people when you’re up at the top…” He added.

Ruufe Shanks
Apr 7th, 2003, 01:05:23 PM
"Nah, a good King rules without a bias for the big guys or the little ones."

He catches Maxim watching the passing speeders and steps into the street, catching and stopping a rather expensive looking one with the Force. Ruufe ejects it's sole occupant and tosses the keys to Maxim. As a King, it's his right to give gifts as he sees fit.

"Here, have a speeder. I'll see you later."

Ruufe wanders off to find his shuttle.