PDA

View Full Version : SW Slavery.

Umi Skule
Mar 20th, 2003, 03:15:24 PM
I need info on Slavery in the SWFans uni.

Like what planets slaves are aquired from, bought and sold on, and where slavery may or may not be abolished.

And what races are usually put into slavery, and some info on the salt mines that are owned by the Hutts.

Thanks ahead of time, because none of the books I can get my hands on have any info.

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 20th, 2003, 08:42:39 PM
Well, one race I am famialiar with from my own character research is the Twi'lek race. The women of the planed Ryloth are very, very frequently captured and sold as slaves. Tatooine, of course, is a huge hotbed for trading slaves. Slavery is illegal in the republic (remember Padme's speech in TPM) but I'm sure it still happens. Other races (according to the sw webpage) that are often enslaved are Snivvians, Ugnaughts, Klatooinians, and other assortied races.

Hope this helps!

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Mar 20th, 2003, 11:27:54 PM
The planet Kashyyyk was also a huge exporter of slaves (Wookiees), but that was back in the Empire's heyday. Another significant portion of the slave population is made up of humans, I believe. Probably mostly from backwards planets like Tatooine.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Mar 21st, 2003, 04:18:14 AM
Ah yes, The Sith Order, capturing all those Wookie Slaves and making them Cybernetic Warriors using mind altering chips... What fun we use to have.

Mon Cals slaves, the Twi'lieks bartered in slaves...

Technically, every race to the Empire was a slave race.

Peter McCoy
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:09:52 AM
A lot of slaves were sent to the Spice mines of Kessel. Down in the mines you can find all kinds of sub-species of humans, Wookiee's, Twi'Lekks etc. Check up stuff on Kessel and I'm sure you'll find stuff on slavery. But I doubt you'd find much on JUST slavery. Best checking things to do with it, like Kessel, Kashyyyk and the Empire.

Umi Skule
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:13:23 AM
Okay, thanks, I'm gonna be busy busy this weekend.

Hart
Mar 23rd, 2003, 11:43:16 AM
Anakin was a slave on Tatooine. Jabba took Leia to be his dancer girl in Return of the Jedi. Any race can be in slavery

Telan Desaria
Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:31:35 PM
Slavery is very popular in the Senex-Juvex Sector, as well as anything within Hutt Space if the price is right.