PDA

View Full Version : This is a WTF of epic proportions...

Beldarine
Mar 20th, 2003, 10:38:08 AM
This article made me so angry...

If anyone wonders why I refuse to identify myself with any major western religion (or any religion in general), it's because of people like these idiots.

I hope they rot in hell. Mr. Rogers was a good and decent man. His television show helped teach children the rights and wrongs for so many years. Anyone who watched the show as a child will remember him talking to them, not talking at them like so many adults. He never shied away from talking about difficult subjects like death and divorce.. And for these (*&^*& to slander his name like this... I just simply hope that they rot in the eternal pits of hell.

http://www.pittnews.com/vnews/display.v?TARGET=printable&article_id=3e769ee9be4e4

Taylor Millard
Mar 20th, 2003, 10:40:13 AM
What in the blue hell?

o_O

That's just stupid (the group).

Sanis Prent
Mar 20th, 2003, 11:34:19 AM
I'm sorry, but how in blue hell do you address the issue of homosexuality to an audience that still has all their baby teeth???

:mad

I can't stand fools like this. And to blame 9/11 and Columbia as reprisals from God against gays....WHAT? Look, I'm against homosexuality, and I do believe its a sin, but that is neither here nor there, and CERTAINLY not a scapegoat for such tragedies. This is absolutely insane.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 20th, 2003, 04:03:01 PM
My the Lord forgive their stupidity. I'm sorry, but...

The Sixth Presbyterian Church, where Fred Rogers was an active member and Bible student and where his wife, Joanne, still attends religious services, is also preparing for a possible visit from the protesters. The Sixth Presbyterian Church is one of roughly 125 Presbyterian churches across the United States that openly welcome gay, lesbian and bisexual members

Is exactly what Jesus would have done. He preferred the company of sinners over Pharasees like this Phelps.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 21st, 2003, 12:49:03 PM
I cannot believe these people. I just refuse to believe it. This is incredibly stupid. I agree with Sanis and Marcus. You don't talk about such things as homosexuality to small children. And you don't help people turn from their sins to God by condemning them, hating them, etc, etc.

Beldarine
Mar 21st, 2003, 01:17:57 PM
I think the most amazing part of the article was them stating that Mr. Rogers has a part in "God causing" Sept. 11 and the nightclub fire.

I just.. can't... grasp that.. I'm sorry.

Figrin D'an
Mar 21st, 2003, 01:23:56 PM
It's best not to try to grasp the thought structure of extremist religious zealots. It tends to defy logic, and only serves to cause headaches.

Jinn Fizz
Mar 21st, 2003, 03:40:18 PM
I've seen this Fred Phelps nutcase interviewed on television, and I remember when he and his flunkies picketed across the street from Matthew Shepherd's funeral. I was outraged at their picketing of the funeral...Matthew Shepherd was brutally murdered and taken from his family, and these seriously disturbed people made the situation just that much worse and more painful by standing outside the church with their picket signs, shouting horrible things at the people who came to mourn Matthew. They were joyously telling people that Matthew was burning in hell because he was a word that starts with "f" that I don't like to use because it's so hateful.

What these people don't realize is that THEY are the ones who are possibly facing eternity in hell for their hatred, their intolerance, and their complete lack of respect for their fellow humans, and for God was well.

And nobody...NOBODY...disses my Mr. Rogers. NOBODY.

Miryan no Trunks
Mar 21st, 2003, 05:53:56 PM
Hey, everything has to be hated by Someone ¬_¬

It's just too bad that those someones don't often need reason more than "a guy with a book told me to"

But then, it's freedom of speech, isn't it? They can say and believe whatever they like. Funny how groups like the KKK get punished for their actions against people with a Physical differance though, when people like these can torment those whose religious beliefs are different than theirs, and get away with it...

Admiral Lebron
Mar 21st, 2003, 06:05:32 PM
:mad

Sigil Roland
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:45:48 PM
Just another reason to move out of Kansas.

Why does Mr. Rogers good nature get dragged through the mud like this?

Figrin D'an
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:08:52 PM
His reputation is untarnishable. Mr. Rogers had more kindness, compassion, intelligence and good-will in his left big toe than any of these fools that attempt to chastise his memory could ever hope to have.

'Nuf said.