PDA

View Full Version : Must Read: Important

Valirion Thorn
Mar 19th, 2003, 05:51:35 PM
Somethings have come up recently that I believe need to be brought to the Shrine's attention.

1) Ruufe Shanks - I see no point to the character at all, jokin is fun sometimes, but serious threads are being... eh... screwed over for a better term by a guy who thinks its funny to come into a thread and say one sentence posts, even if he's ignored, he continues, not to mention consideration for those people in the threads, such as the GJO thread right now, we do not want crap with GJO at all, big question is really what is the point? A lot of us don't take things to heart cuz we know its all ic but someone there did and the thread seemed to continue. If I had known this char was gonna be a waste of posts, I'd have said no, resoundingly.

2) recruits- our recruits deserve a certain amount of respect, as they aren't really poeple accepted into the forum and they are wanting to try it out or join for fun rping reasons, ic vamps of course aren't the most welcoming people but then again, they aren't total butheads about things. Vamps have a certain mystic about them that makes them vamps, its not the blood drinking stuph and that, they sorta grow outta that in a while :lol , but the kind of harrassment that seems to be poppoing up here and there needs to be stopped, its not funny and pretty annoying by my views, Laroque is not funny, Darren isn't helping as the first council member in the thread, and Ruufe is about to get his own seperate thread where Valirion tears his big mouth head off :lol

ugh- I think thats it

Darren Caerdeth
Mar 19th, 2003, 06:06:46 PM
1) It doesnt seem that one sentance posts are whats annoying people, its the fact that hes insulting. But the difference is, hes insulting IC, and not OOC insulting.

Now the thread at GJO shouldnt have happened, I realize this now. It was just a shot that we couldnt help but take.

As for you saying that the Ruufe Shanks character is a waste of posts, thats a matter of opinion entirely. I for one find his posts entertaining. So what if hes not running around being overlly dramatic, comic relief doesnt hurt. If you dont want him in a thread, then contact him and say "Hey, I dont want Ruufe in this thread" And he can edit his post to delete, and one of the mods will go delete his post. Problem solved.

2) So next time, I should just roll out a red carpet and say step right on in?

Dirjj got paintballed in his first thread here. He didnt complain, he just rolled with the punches. Now hes a vamp, and one that seems to be making a good name for himself. Grimlock took it well also, though getting insulted by Laroque's "Grimlock Smash" comment is silly. If hes seriously been insulted by that thread, then I seriously pity him.

Oh, and If you want Ruufe that bad, go through me, not around me. Its much more fun that way... :lol

Alana Stormcloud
Mar 19th, 2003, 06:13:34 PM
Kk gonna address this one by one lol First and foremost I can imagine this was hard for Val to post. He is however addressing very serious issues. So let’s keep on topic and remember we are all friends here. K nuff said where to begin....

1: As we all know Ruufe is Zekey, whom I adore as a friend. I do love the way he rp's a few of his char. and I do not mind a little joking around or even a surly attitude. But and this is a huge but.... I think to go into a more serious thread and post a few lines that have no meaning other than to say its lame or u suck or weak is getting to be to much. There are a lot who take there rp's and char very serious and we need too respect that. I also saw the thread with the gjo and I thought that over all it went too far with the word bitch. People had there feelings hurt an ooc started and like Val said we do not need flack from the gjo. We are already not liked by a lot there and we need to keep certain levels and standards for ourselves. One thing we have always built the vamps on is mystique and being damn good rpers. I don't want to tell anyone how to rp, not my style :p but I would ask that a certain decorum be kept.

2: All rper's must be respected. Unless they have come to just start crap. As everyone knows the char that is being addressed is Ben and he has had more than enough harassment on the fans board. He wants a clean start with his friends and is very sensitive to IC meanness. Of course IC we must be true to our vamps but please take into consideration each one u rp with and be mindful of hurt feelings. I know that some char almost asked to be picked on but I would more than appreciate it if everyone can give thanitos sp? An easy time of it. He has been through quiet a bit.

Thankie all and huggles :) Also Val Kudos to you for posting this. I know it must not have been easy all of us want to keep hurt feelings at bay but some things must be addressed....

Valirion Thorn
Mar 19th, 2003, 06:31:37 PM
Darren,

going through you for Ruufe might be a fun thread to start sometime :D but like Alana has said also, one sentence posts are almost like constant spamming, Ic, Val hates him, ooc, me and Zeke are best buds, staying up all night drinking root beer and cream soda like a teenager could never do, but its when it becomes distracting to others that the fun of rping is taken out, attitudes are all part of replying and such, how the person reacts is what pmatters but when an entire atmospshere is destroyed, what then for the other characters in the rp?

As for Grimlok, I had no intention of the paintball of my meaning, the Grimlok smashi thing was uneccesary, like Ruufe, if Laroque can't really tell when someone's trying for a serious thread, it ruins it for his whole character, that was his first thread for the character and you guys are gonna have a hay day just because you think you will get a joke out of it? I guess I'm tryin to say, you gotta know where to play your cards man, a good joke is always a righteous thought, paintballs included but the grimlok smash thing and ruufe constantly saying pointless banter to nobody sorta ruined the whole deabue (sp?) effect. Some people might not know who Ben is, but we won't go into that, I hadn't planned on meeting his char until later but I tried to make some kind of appearance then to stop it, Laroques contining of it all was pointless also, why?

Darren Caerdeth
Mar 19th, 2003, 06:32:14 PM
Ok, so Grimlock get s his feelings hurt easily. If thats the case, then I'll watch myself.

But what happens if he walks into a thread and godmodes on someone, knowingly or not. Are we gonna not say anything, to avoid him getting his feelings hurt?

I hate to be cold hearted about stuff like this, and I really dont wanna hurt his feelings, but this is the kinda stuff that we need to think about also

Mistress Tatiana
Mar 19th, 2003, 06:33:06 PM
I think you addressed that well Hollie. I haven't seen to many posts by Ruufe, so I really don't have an opinion on him. I do know Zeke though, and I know that he's a good friend of Hollie's. If he's doing stuff he shouldn't be doing, I'm sure if someone talked to him about it, he would fix the problem. :)

As for how peep rp with the newbies.... ya, I would say we shouldn't be too hard on them so as not to scare them away, but also, you should be allowed to rp as you wish. Perhaps if you know your character is a little rough, you could send the other person a pm to inform them that it's all ic and not ooc.

Alana Stormcloud
Mar 19th, 2003, 06:50:52 PM
God mode will be handled as always. Submitted to the council for different perspectives and addressed. With any char's no matter the feelings.

I understand Ben's char is vain and pompous but that is how he wants him to be IC. He is a sensitive guy and very very kind. He just wants to be given that in turn. All I ask is that we be careful with him. God mode aside. No one gets away with gm. But I don’t think Ben will go there and if he does it will be addressed. I have no probs with haven fun in a thread but he may feel he is being ganged up on and from what I read even I would find that greeting anything but daunting. I lay no blame I know this is more than likely all IC. I just think maybe fun stuff should be saved for people who know all of us better or have been in for a bit not in the first time they post. That way they are not scared off. :)

And yep Zekey aka Ruufe and I are friends, but when we start getting complaints about how he is going about his rp’s then we need to address it. Ack I hate telling people how to do anything and this is very hard for me cause I would do anything to avoid hurt feelings…

Valirion Thorn
Mar 19th, 2003, 06:51:52 PM
I agree with Tatiana, this kinda thing would help if such a thing happens again

And no, Darren, some of us know Ben, he might take things to heart sometimes but its no problem to tell him he's in the wrong, he complies very easily tot hat sorta thing, especially in this kind of enviroment where he knows everybody and is trusting them to rp, he knows his mistakes that hes done in the past, everyone else seems to do a good job pointing those out for everyone else on the boards, and he came here with a different attitude, the way he handled the stuph in that thread when he was expecting serious responses was very well by my judgements, especially to Ruufe. Like I said before, paintball was no problem, me and him laughed at that, :lol I even laughed at him and told him he looked like his character might have the worst case of neon snot for the vainest character on the boards

Darren Caerdeth
Mar 19th, 2003, 07:10:21 PM
Well, you guys know Ben a lot better than I do, and I dont have any complaints about him.

With Zeke, Honestly, I find his rps to be entertaining. Of course, I also cant help but stare when driving by a car wreck. As far as Ruufe being insulting IC, I honestly cant justify making him change. Its his character. However, I do see a problem with one line posts. On occassion is ok, but every post would be overkill.

The opinion ive made from his character, is that Ruufe is short and to the point, and very opinionated. So it does make sense that his posts would be short and to the point, so im kinda torn here :\