PDA

View Full Version : Better Days (Oriadin)

imported_Eve
Mar 19th, 2003, 09:49:52 AM
"Today will be the start of better days..."

Eve sat down on a barstool, swooshing. Her pants and hair were still wet. Luckily, she wore black and others wouldn't notice the state of her water-laden pants. She didn't bother with wearing her cloak as it would have also gotten wet by her dripping hair. She draped it on the seat next to her. She pitied the next poor soul who would sit in her seat and get a little surprise. She smiled at the thought and looked around to see what was happening here. People were staring at her. Her smile diminished and she turned back to the bar deck.

It had been so long since she had swam, and it felt so great. It must be written somewhere in her long-lost culture that swimming on a daily basis is needed. After all, her skin was so dry, and her lips bled by the normal moisture on this planet.

She took a deep breath, and ordered a drink.

"What can I do ya for?"

"Something strong... and I mean strong. Don't pity me for my size, man. Strong."

"You got it."

The drink was served. She grabbed the glass with her left hand and cradled her right front pocket with the other. Her fingers slid over the portrusion of a small flask in her pocket. She cranked her head back, hair dripping, and poured the drink down the hatch that was her throat. She cringed all face muscles for the taste of it. Gawd, it was awful.

As she regained her composure she realized how strong this drink was. She blinked and stared at the bartender.

"Well, you said strong."

Eve, blinked again. He was right. "You're right!" She hit the bar deck. "And now..."

"Now... what?"

"Now I am ready for this." She began to get up.

Oriadin
Mar 19th, 2003, 10:09:58 AM
It was a warm sunny day on Couruscant today. Rather than read in the archives, which was now the common practise for Oriadin, he decided download the information onto a data pad and take it outside. Enjoy the fresh air. Well, the air anyway.

After several hours of reading in the sun Oriadin felt a thirst comming on so he decided to take a slow strole towards the Bar and Grill and get an ice water. That should go down very nicely he thought to himself.

There were many people walking about today but Oriadin was happy to take a slow walk through the crowds. It didnt take long however, to reach the B&G. He swung open the doors, took a quick glance around the room before deciding there was no one there he knew very well and so made his way over to the bar. As he walked through the bar he kept reading his data pad rather than watching where he was going.

--I'll take an...--

The barman interupted. "Ice water sir?". Oriadin just smiled. He went to pull out a stool just as a rather wet looking woman got up. Somehow they managed to bang heads lightly. Oriadin rubbed his head.

--Ah! Oh, im terribly sorry.--

He spoke gently but warmly as he tried to see if the stranger was ok. It wasnt a hard bang so she should be. Oriadin didnt recall meeting the woman before.

The barman interupted. "Ice water sir?". Oriadin just smiled. He pulled out a stool and sat down, not noticing

imported_Eve
Mar 19th, 2003, 10:42:10 AM
Eve rubbed her head.

"It's okay." She blinked to rid herself of the dizziness from the drink.

"Oh my, did I hurt you?" Oriadin said as he noticed she was losing her balance.

"No, no.... it's.... the drink," she replied. The bartender chimed in with a nod.

"You need a drink of water? Here, have mine." Oriadin nodded to the bartended for a replacement water.

"No... No, I'm okay," Eve said as she grabbed for the bar deck. She realized what a horrible mess she must look like. She closed her eyes for a moment to regain her composure. She told herself some old mind trick to ease her swimming mind. She opened her eyes and the shifting stopped. She smiled, blinked knowingly, and removed the cloak from the seat Oriadin was about to sit in.

"Sorry... please sit down. I was just..." she stopped. He was Jedi. Oh no. She sincerely hoped he wasn't sensing her presence. She tried to block it, but some people still picked it up. If he did, he'd ask who she was. If he did that, he'd know what she was doing. If he knew what she was doing, he would stop her. If he stopped her, she'd not complete her mission. If she couldn't complete her mission, her friend would be angry... and many people would die.

"Just... what?"

Eve reasoned with herself. If she left now, would that arrouse his curiosity? Dang, this drink made her paranoid.

"Ehhh, uh, leaving." She smiled. "Perhaps I should finish this water first."

"That would be a wise decision."

The bartender again chimed in. "In all my days I have never seen someone take it..."

"WHAT time is it, sir?" She interrupted, and again grabbed at the portrusion in her pocket.

Oriadin
Mar 19th, 2003, 10:54:13 AM
The woman seemed to be acting very strangly. Perhaps their heads clashed harder than he had first thought.

"WHAT time is it, sir?"

--Errr, im not sure. Im afraid I dont carry a watch around with me--

"3.30" the barman added

Oriadin felt the woman was a bit daised. Was the the clash, or was her mind on other things? He wasnt sure. She sat down and took a few small sips of the water.

--You in a hurry there? Oh, I am Oriadin by the way.--

An odd meeting, to say the least. The Jedi knight had met many people in the Bar and Grill. From Masters to Padawans. Bounty hunters to your average joe punter. This meeting was unlike any other though.

imported_Eve
Mar 19th, 2003, 11:24:36 AM
"Eve. No hurry." She looked at her new aquaintence. He was rather nice looking. Clean, fit, dry, and strong. His eyes were friendly and inviting. She imagined that many have become friends with his eyes first, before any other part of himself. She smiled at that. He returned her smile warmly, and for a moment, they just smiled at one another.

That moment soon ended when the sounds of grunting and clashing were heard. Both Eve and Oriadin looked towards the sounds, near the entrance. It appeared that two bounty hunters had entered the bar. Eve recognized them immediately; they were after her... or rather what she had in her possession. She had to think fast. They didn't seem to know who they were looking for, although they knew what they were looking for. She knew it was only a matter of time before they figured out that she had been at the last five places they were.

"Mr. Oriadin, I must be going now."

"Wait - I thought you weren't in a hurry. We were just...."

Eve's eyes were wide with anxiousness. She looked at him as his sentence trailed. Something impulsive made her say, "You could come with me."

He looked at her puzzled. Was she picking him up? Doesn't she know Jedi don't sucumb to romantic relationships, or one-night stands for that matter?

Eve qualified her offer. "... to my speeder. Uhh, you can see me off." Oriadin suppossed it would be best to do so, as she seemed a bit off.

"Sure."

Eve finally wrapped her cloak around herself. She hastly took Oriadin's hood and draped it over his head. He again looked at her puzzled.

"It could be raining." Oriadin looked towards the entrance to see sunlight shining in as Eve continued to cover herself. He though it best not to argue with her, and played along. If she was trying something, he could defend himself. If she was in danger, he was curious to see why.

Eve grabbed his arm. "Shall we?"

"We shall." He got part of his reply out before she strongly led him out a side door.

Oriadin
Mar 19th, 2003, 04:44:57 PM
The strange ladies actions were unusual to say the least. At first, Oriadin had no idea what was going on. It was one of those moments where things around you happen so fast you havent got time to think things through properly. That was probably the a big reason as to why he agreed to "see her off".

As they reached the doorway, he sensed two people who seemed to be searching for someone, or something. A feeling of coldness emulated from them. The strange woman Oriadin now seemed to accompany seemed to make sure no eye contact was made between her and the two characters at the door. This was all speculation and purely going on a hunch, but Oriadin wondered if they were looking for her.

They got outside and made thier way to the speeder. Once there, Eve seemed to take a little look about her, almost as if she were looking to see if she was in the clear. By now, many thoughts were running through Oriadins head.

--Ok. Are you in some sort of trouble or something? Do you know those two people back there?--

He really was clutching at straws but he had a good instinct for these things. His tone was in no way threatning. He maintained his gentle but firm presentation.

imported_Eve
Mar 19th, 2003, 05:10:09 PM
"No trouble Mr. Oriadin. I just need to get out of here," and at this, the two hunters emerged from the front corner of the building pointing at Eve. She continued. "So I'll be going now... thank you for the water."

The two hunters ran up to Oriadin and Eve and started muttering something in another language to them. They were obviously angry.

"Now, I don't know what the matter is, but I am sure we can work this out," Oriadin offered.

"Uh... no." Eve said quietly.

"Wha?" Oriadin turned to Eve, and looked confused but could not accurately hear her. Just then the larger of the two hunters took a swing at Oriadin. The viscious advance was stopped by the peircing light and low hum of a lightsaber. Oriadin turned back to look. The lightsaber was not his own.

"What the...?"

The second hunter advanced towards Eve, but was set back by a low kick to his right knee, and an amputating wrist blow from her saber.

"I think we better get out of here, before more attention is drawn here," Eve said in all sobered seriousness as she contracted her saber. She could see his indulgence was over if she didn't start explaining things to him. But she had no intention of doing so. He wouldn't move. For all he knew now, she was the epitome of evil.

"Listen, I'll explain... I promise. Can we just get out of here?.... PLEASE?"

Oriadin thought the situation through to its conclusion. He couldn't explain what just went on. If she was being chased unrightly, he didn't want to be responsible for her demise. If she was a criminal, he could divert her to the authorities. The only constant was that he was very obviously a Jedi. The hunters still attacked him, and she defended him. Either way, he wasn't versed enough on this woman or the situation to abandon her now. He joined her on the speeder.

Oriadin
Mar 19th, 2003, 05:22:19 PM
There was something trusting about the woman. Her face was sweet and a glint in her eye caught Oriadins attention. What the hell just happend abck there was a mystery. He had three options. Go with her. and find out what was going on. Let her go, but answers would have to be given to the council or take her in, but doing that might have caused a disturbance. Going with the woman was the only real option.

They both jumped in the speeder and the woman took the controls. Where they were headed Oriadin didnt know. They'd been in the air for a few moments now. Oriadin stared out of the window below to see what had become of the two bounty hunters.

Some afternoon this was turning out to be. One minute he was enjoying the lovely weather, the next he was involved in an incident between a woman who had acted very strangly back at the bar and grill and two rather odd looking characters. It was time for answers. Who was this woman, and why did she carry a lightsaber? Was she a sith? Would be strange for a sith to protect a Jedi. A Jedi? Unlikely that Oradin wouldnt have recognised her if she was a Jedi.

--Ok, perhaps now you can explain to me whats going on here?--

Oriadins voice seemed much more forcefull this time although he remained patient in his questioning to find answers.

imported_Eve
Mar 19th, 2003, 05:40:21 PM
"I know you have no reason to trust me, but you should. I am not your enemy." She looked at him for reaction, but there was none. His friendly eyes stabbed through her. She blinked, "let's just say that I have a shipment I must deliver."

"Is it an illegal shipment?"

She took a deep breath.

"Listen, can I take you home, or somewhere you need to go? I didn't mean for you, or anyone, to get caught in this." He sensed that she was telling the truth. But she could not answer the questions, which implies that the shipment is illegal.

"Where are you heading?"

"Please, I don't need trouble with the Jedi."

"Oh, so you noticed. You won't have trouble with us if you can legitimize what just happened."

"Hey, I didn't intend on meeting you today. I was minding my own business. No one would have noticed I was here. No one would have been hurt." She cursed herself for swimming, the drink, and any other thing she did that day to postpone her departure.

"Are you implying that our mere meeting had something to do with that attack?"

"No... I ju - "

"Right," he interrupted. "Look, I intend to accompany you. The council would accept nothing less of me. It would appear that we are together on this, unless, of course, you'd like to end it all now and just tell me what is happening. You can save me now, Eve, or you can drag me along for your journey."

"What if I don't like either option?"

"You don't have a choice."

"Don't I?"

Oriadin
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:21:55 AM
Oriadin just stared at the woman with an unimpressed face. He didnt know what she was keeping from him, or indeed why but he was determined to get to the bottom of it. Time for a change up in tactics he thought.

--You want me to trust you right? Well trust swings both ways. I get the impression that your not one of the bad guys, although I think I could be forgiven for thinking otherwise!

Lets start with something basic first, shall we?

Whats your name and how is it you carry a lightsaber? Your not a Sith, or at least I dont think you are.--

Oriadins eyes never shifted from his piercing glance at the woman. He wanted to judge if she was lying to him or not but there was something else too. Something in the back of his mind compelled him to look at her closely but why, he wasnt sure

imported_Eve
Mar 22nd, 2003, 10:35:32 AM
It was obvious that Oriadin thought he had control over her. And Eve always thought she had control over things. The truth was, both were skilled in the force. Eve had maintained Master status before she gave up the sithhood, but Oriadin didn't know this. Eve didn't know if she was on the Jedi's Most Wanted list, or if she would be forgiven in their eyes. After all, she was cast out by the sith. Their infighting, deceit, manipulation, and treachery got the best of one of their own: Eve. Past events had changed Eve forever, but would the Jedi see it that way?

Needing to feel that belonging again was strong in Eve. Could the Jedi ever be her new home? After all she had done? She wasn't wise enough to see the error of her ways until the sith had abandoned her. The bottom of the barrel had to be hit before Eve could get on to a new path. She hadn't seen the light before then. Would the Jedi then assume her devotion would align again with the sith, if they only took her back? Eve knew she'd never go back, but she knew it wouldn't be so easy to jump in with the Jedi. She thus took solice in just being aligned with no one.

Her best friends had taken her in, hadn't judged her, understood her, bared her humiliation with her, and still loved her. That was something beyond affiliation. It was something true. Yes - she'd remain with them, and do anything they asked... including this favor that now had her in this odd situation with this Jedi.

If he refused to leave, perhaps she could take this opportunity to study the Jedi. Surely he was representative of others and their ways. Every force weilder used the force within their own philiosophy, but basic concepts couldn't be denied. Perhaps, through him, she could figure out if his way was for her. At least knowing that, she could continue her life in one way or another. At least knowing that, she could reach an absolution about where and what she was suppossed to be.

She would maintain honesty with him.

"I used to be sith..." she said, somewhat unexpectedly to Oriadin. He raised his brows. She enjoyed the reaction, as she knew she was one of a unique few who could say that.

"Used to be? Please go on."

"I'm just not anymore." She didn't want to tredge up old memories, that were still hurtful to her. She had always meant to seek revenge, but her new path in life may not permit it. "I do not want to talk about it; I hardly know you. Maybe some other time, okay?" Eve implied that she had intentions to know Oriadin better with that remark.

"Okay, okay. Just tell me something. Should I expect you will attempt to strike me down in my sleep?" Oriadin said this half jokingly, but still wanted to know.

"I just saved you from being pummeled by a big hairy bounty hunter. Why would I have done that if I meant to slaughter you later?"

"Right, but sith are capable of much. I simply wish to know what I can expect from you, since you used to be sith, and yet are not Jedi."

"Expect nothing. Then you don't get your hopes up." She smiled. He didn't. "I'm not going to kill you."

"I know you won't kill me, but you may try."

"Heh. I can tell you're a smart-alec. Good. I like that. We will get along fabulously Mr. Oriadin."

"Great. You enjoy un-serious and condescending remarks. Already I'm thinking positively," he said in sarcasm.

"Listen, if you're going with me, fine, but don't presume to take control over this mission or me. You're not invited, but welcome. Don't forget your place. I won't be treated like an idiot villian on my own ship. We can be respectful, can't we?" She smiled while ending that remark. It quite irritated Oriadin to be told any demands, since he felt thrown into the situation. But she had offered to take him home, and he refused. Both he and her had been at fault for their being together in this. He accepted his situation and surroundings and gave no reply, but nodded in understanding.

The speeder soon came to a street near a public transport. They both got off the speeder. Oriadin started towards the transport, but Eve pulled him back.

"Listen, I won't get anywhere with a Jedi on my arm. Is there anything you can do to look less... Jedi?"

Oriadin
Mar 25th, 2003, 03:51:27 AM
Oriadin stopped for a second. Having expected to spend the day reading and enjoying the weather he hadnt taken a spare pair of clothes with him.

After quick consideration Oriadin took his top off, revealing a white T-Shirt and then untucked his trouser legs from inside his boot so they looked like ordinary trousers and shoes.

--Its not much but its the best I can do. How do I look?--

Although the knight didnt say anything he was reasonably happy for the woman to take charge. Afterall, he still had no idea what she was up to but he trusted her. He was trusting an ex sith? What would the council say? That was irrelivent for the time being.

--You still havent told me your name Miss.--

He said, slowing down the fast passed exchange of words between them with a polite tone.

imported_Eve
Mar 26th, 2003, 09:58:08 PM
Eve smiled. "I told you my name already. It's Eve." Her smiled tightened and widened. "You look... fine." And he really did. He was rather appeasing in this new light, with his new get-up. He didn't look out of place. He looked common in attire, but his looks weren't common at all. Oriadin returned her smile, with a hint of awareness over his attire in his grin. He looked almost shy for a moment being looked at by her.

Eve quickly turned her gaze to the transport. She noticed the hymn of it's engines beginning.

"Let's go."

She led the way to the transport, closely followed by Oriadin.

"Where are your papers?" an attendant asked. Eve's usually confidant look faultered. Her grin diminished. She felt herself up looking for the papers that she never arranged for. She looked at Oriadin as she searched her pockets. He took in her look as one of inquiry. He smiled at the thought that she would even wonder if he knew where the papers were. Finally she gave up.

"You know, I just don't have my papers... but you'll let me and my friend on anyway? Won't you?"

"Yes, I'll let you and your friend on anyway." Replied the hazed attendant.

"We don't need papers, it's just a formality."

"I don't need your papers, it's just a formality."

"Thank you, kind sir." Eve ended the trance and boarded. She looked back at Oriadin with the same smirk she had before. "Coming?"

Oriadin
Mar 27th, 2003, 03:41:32 AM
Eve was right. She had told him her name before but what with everything that had happend in the blink of an eye, Oriaidn had managed to forget. There was something else too. The Jedi Knight found it difficult to concentrait on much while he was around Eve. He couldnt really explain it, but he was somehow fasinated by her.

He smiled as she quite obviously performed a Mind Trick on the attendant.

"Coming?", she said with a playfull smile.

How could he refuse? He followed her onto the transport, meanwhile thanking the attendant. Oriadin took a good look at the transport while on board to see if there were any clues on where they might be headed. There was nothing obvious. The transport was big. Very big, and there were many people on board. It was a little overcrowded so everyone felt a little packed together.

Trying to reflect on his day, Oriaidn had to laugh. Only time would really tell if it was one of those, wrong place at the wrong time days, but at the moment, it could swing either way.

--Are you going to give me any hints on where we're going? And how long this trip is likely to last?--

imported_Eve
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:09:57 PM
"I'm not quite sure of our final destination, to tell you the truth."

Eve motioned for Oriadin to follow her to an enclosed cabin on the transport. "This looks good. Please, sit down." He obeyed and looked at her to continue.

"All I know is, one, my expertise are needed, and two, we're heading to the other side of this rock. Once we get there, I have to find a person called Mahdi. That is all I know Mr. Oriadin." She closed the door to their newly taken cabin.

"Your expertise?"

"I should say... not really so much my expertise, as my attributes." Before Oriadin could continue to question, she shifted the subject. "How is it that you can just pick up and leave so suddenly? You want to know how long we will be gone? Does that question assume genuine uncertainty? Are you are aware we could be gone for a very, very long time?"

Eve, now fully dried, smiled and sat across from Oriadin.

Oriadin
Apr 3rd, 2003, 07:53:49 AM
Oriadin had been whisked away by a woman he'd never met before and now found himself on a transport to the other side of the plannet. The realisation of what was going on only hit him when Eve asked if he was aware they could be gone for some time.

There was a silence for a few moments as Oriadin thought things through.

--As a Jedi of today, you are encouraged to be more pro active than the Knights of the old republic. I can let the council know where I am and tell them im following up a lead. Dont you worry about that.--

Oriadin found it a little worrying that Eve wasnt sure of her final destination. Did she even know what she was getting into. This was a strange mystery and one Oriadin was curious to get to the bottom of now. What exactly was going on?

He looked around the cabin they shared. It was small but away from the crowds. The lights flickered for a moment and everyone in the transport looked upwards. The lights then resumed as normal and everyone carried on with their conversations.

There was an uncomfortable silence now between the two of them. Oriadin tried to think of something to strike up a conversation and eventually it came to him.

--So, Eve...--

The conversation was cut short with the sound of a power down and the lights going out. It was pitch black. A few worried people cried out and a few laughed at the situation. The engines were still operating thankfully. A few minutes later an attendant passed, armed with a flash light reassuring everyone not to worry and that the lights would be back on shortly.

Oriadin sensed where Eve sat and so looked over in her direction.

--Well, this is fun!--

He said with an excited tone.

imported_Eve
Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:44:50 AM
" I could think of worse things." She smiled more intensely among the darkness, only because she knew he couldn't see it. She was an excessive smiler anyway, but this situation excited her. Eve wasn't exactly thrilled when her good friend asked her to go on this mission, but knew her pal wouldn't put her into anything that would displease her. The addition of her Jedi companion was what had her anxious.

Eve believed in fate; that nothing happened without reason. And she knew the meeting between herself and Oriadin had a purpose. Something had brought them together in that bar. She only hoped the purpose was positive for her, and didn't end up having her locked away. Perhaps this mission would only succeed with his presence. She could only trust that her friend wouldn't stray her into criminal-hood unknowingly. Her choices in this journey wouldn't result in any wrongdoing, but there were always unknown and unpredictable elements in anything.

And what an unknown element was Oriadin. She sensed him across from her. Was he was looking her way? She probed his mind, wondering if he would let her. A bordering empathic knock at his being's door was set forth. This was much easier than casual conversation for the both of them, and less threatening to ask for in the darkness. He would have to see this as more logical than the line of questioning he had been maintaining since nearly the time they met. Perhaps, if he could get a sense of her in return, he'd feel less threatened. Nonetheless, her knock at the door was not expected, but received. Jedi had too much mind control to not know another presense was there.

"Please, don't resist me. I mean you no harm." These things you didn't exactly ask for. She got up and felt her way across the cabin to sit next to him. She placed a hand on his forearm, to let him know she was next to him. He set forth much resistance, but hypocritically reqested the same access from her. And she let him have it, as a goodwill gesture. He sensed that she was different in a way he couldn't explain. It wasn't her way, or her thoughts that were abnormal, but her existence was. It didn't make sense to him.

She slid her hand down his forearm to grab his hand. She led his hand around to her left-lower back, beneath her clothing, where she led his fingers along open slits in her skin. He felt four distinct slits, each of the same size; roughly nine centimeters long. His other hand lanched around her right side in curiosity, where he felt four identical slits, of the same size on her right-lower back.

"Are these wounds?"

"No," she whispered. The senses Oriadin were getting from her distinctiveness had to do with what she was showing him, but he wasn't getting it. "These are my... I suppose you could call them gills, for I have no other word. This is why I was asked to take this mission. The mission you have joined me on."

At this time, the lights came back. They found themselves in a very intimate position. It seemed harmless in the darkness, but now was akward for two people who had just met. Eve released his hand and stood up.

"Are you hungry? Would you like some water? I'm going to go grab something to eat."

Oriadin
Apr 7th, 2003, 02:55:59 AM
There was a brief moment between the two of them were they looked directly into each others eyes. His heart pounded and for the shortest of moments Oriadin lost control of himself.

He was glad when Eve suddenly backed off. A lump formed in his throat and he swallowed hard. Then he cleared his mind and regained his composure. He'd never felt like that before, as far as he could remember and he wasnt sure how to deal with it. He wasnt even sure what it was he was feeling. Something about Eve interested him in an unusual way. A way he couldnt explain.

"Are you hungry? Would you like some water? I'm going to go grab something to eat." She said, almost as if it were the first thing she could think of to say.

--A water would be good. Thanks.--

She went off and Oriadin leaned forward in relief to have some time to himself. He put his face in his hands and rubbed, trying to wake himself up. He was acting more uncharacteristicaly, he thought. He sat upright just as he sensed Eve come near again. Then she stood in the doorway and smiled gently, meanwhile handing him his water.

--So, these gils... they let you breath underwater?--

imported_Eve
Apr 8th, 2003, 06:02:33 AM
She watched him take the water from her hand. His hand's fingers lightly brushed her's. Eve was amazed at the craved familiarity she already had with him. It was like the fifth kiss a couple has - the first few kisses are akward, but in time two people find their way through a kiss, and come to crave it from one another. With such an intimate interlude between the otherwise strange partners, her earlier actions became the ice-breaker. She wanted to do it again; she wanted more from him now. But she'd have to wait for him.

Oriadin hadn't seemed phased. She could only hope he would question her with curiosity, and not skepticism, from now on.

"Breathe? Yes, I guess you could say that. I'd explain how it works, but I don't really know. I thought these 'gills' were some sort of deformity.

All I know is one day I was pushed into a river. I drowned beneath a current... or so I would have drowned. I swallowed gallons of water. My body spased. My veins strained. My eyes felt out of my head. And then... I was okay."

"Okay? What do you mean?"

"I mean, the pain and strain stopped. I knew I wasn't dead. I would have taken the moment as mental enlightenment if I wasn't painfully aware of all the water in my system. I could feel river water in my mouth, my throat, and my lungs. I drifted downward to the river bed. I opened my eyes, and could see clear as day. I walked along the river bed for what seemed to be a while. It could have only been a minute, for then my brother plunged deep into the river, harnessed by a rope, to come after me. I watched him struggle to find me, but he couldn't see through the mirkiness. I pushed hard off the river floor and grabbed his hand. I couldn't wait to tell him what happened to me." Eve's excitedness with this statement was felt in Oriadin. Moments like that had to be unforgettable.

"He pulled me ashore. Water started to drain out of me. I tried to talk, but coughed up water. Again, I was drowning, only drowning in air. Twice that day I died, and was reborn. Heh, having the gift of dwelling between enviroments isn't peachy."

"You have to adjust." Oriadin completed her statement, assuming the transistion she spoke of was painful.

"Yes. Exactly. So, I pick one place, and stick for a while, unless I absolutely have to go elsewhere. You never get used to drowning." She nodded her head and stared towards the ground. Realizing she was caught up, she raised her head and smiled at him. She didn't want to provoke any sympathy from him, even if he was offering it.

Again, she sat across from him. She had also picked up water for herself. She drank from it in the new silence. Oriadin continued to stare at her, waiting for her to say more.

"I just wanted to explain... you know... what you ... felt... er, or ... saw."

Oriadin
Apr 8th, 2003, 08:19:04 AM
Oriadin sat in silence, stunned at what Eve had to say. He'd never heard anything like it before which meant he really didnt know what to do or say.

--Well... I wasnt expecting such a long and detailed story-- he joked.

--Tell me. Why would a sith, grab a man, out of a bar, when she had no intention of letting him know where they were going or what they were doing? Are you in the habbit of grabbing men by the arm and taking them away on some unknown adventure with you?--

There was a playfull curiousness to his tone. He wasnt interogating but he he did wonder.

imported_Eve
Apr 12th, 2003, 08:52:10 PM
Eve looked at Oriadin for a moment, plotting an answer. She came to the rapid conclusion that he was right there with her for the whole ride so far, and he had to know she didn't plan this. His playfulness led her to believe he was enjoying this, at least, to an extent. She smiled and sat next to him again. She turned to him.

"Yes, it's a nasty little habit I can't seem to kick." Her smiled widened, and she offered nothing more to him. And Oriadin didn't beat the subject home.

"Now, we'll arrive to our destination in about an hour. This Mahdi should be wating for me. He isn't expecting me to have a companion. Do you think you could become... gone... for a while, once we're there? Maybe you can walk straight on to the furthest diner? Pretend you don't know me? Because once I talk to him, we'll need to head out immediately. I hope he has arranged transport for me, being that I don't know where he's sending me..." Eve stopped.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?"

Oriadin
Apr 13th, 2003, 04:22:26 PM
A strange little smile appeared on the Jedi Knights face as Eve asked if he was ready for this. It seems like an odd question somehow after the turn of events he'd seen today. He wasnt sure that he was all to keen on the fact of leaving her to face this "Mahdi" all by herself. He felt sort of protective over her for some reason. He was a Jedi and it was his job to protect people but somehow it felt more than that.

--Well, as ready as I will ever be I guess. If you dont want for me to come with you then by all means, I will carry on further ahead.--

Oriadins tone signified that he wasnt all that comfortable about leaving Eve but that he was willing to do it anyway, if it was what she wanted.

--You sure you'll be ok?--

imported_Eve
Apr 13th, 2003, 04:51:33 PM
Eve smiled in subtle surprise.

"I'll be fine. I think there is a diner... yes in fact, it's just across from the loading deck. You should be able to see me from where you are. If anything happens, you should be able to see it. But don't worry about me; I can take care of myself.

I think we'll be leaving almost immediately to.. where ever we're going. How long we'll be traveling, I know not..."

Eve and Oriadin felt the cabin shake slightly as the transport came to a hault. They had spend the last half-hour in silence, watching the skies out the window. Eve occassionally and privately watched Oriadin at times. She felt him watch her too, for lack of nothing else to do. Twice they caught one another. The first shared glance just meant them turning their gazes elsewhere. The second caught stare was concluded by both smiling and immediately looking away. The cabin shaking was a welcome conclusion to the staring game that both had lost to.

"Ah, we're here."

Oriadin's eyebrows heightened, signifying his understanding. He moved his body away from the wall but didn't rise.

"Okay, why don't you come out... about a couple minutes after I do. Then just walk straight on ahead and pretend not to look for me." Eve grabbed her bag and shoved a hand it in. Within moments she pulled out some shades.

"Wanna wear these?" She handed the shades to Oriadin who took them. She looked out the door through to an exit. She spotted the diner. "Yeah, there is it; the diner. It's straight-on, Oriadin." She looked at him and saw that he caught a glance from where he was. She knew he knew the course.

"Alright... see ya in a bit." Eve walked out the door.

Oriadin
Apr 13th, 2003, 05:09:57 PM
He found it hard not to look at Eve as she made her way through the crowds to her meeting. Instead he used the force to keep a track of her, to make sure she was alright. He didnt doubt for a moment that she would have any problems, especially since he knew what she was capable of given her performance not long after they met.

Oriadin walked along the street slowly and casually. It wasnt all that busy. Not compared with other areas of Courscant anyway but there were enough people about to make sure taking a simple stroll wasnt all that easy. There were the odd one or two beggers at the side calling out to the passers by for some spare change.

Eventually he reached the diner Eve had told him about. A pretty well kept place, Oriadin thought to himself considering the area it was in. He ordered a cup of hot coffee and a glass of water before finding a free table and chair next to the window. He caught sight of Eve just as she walked in to her meeting place.

The waitress came round with his drinks and left. Oriadin took the coffee back outside and gave it to the homless man sat by the doorway.

--There you go sir. Perhaps this will keep you warm for a few hours.--

He smiled and left for the diner again before the man could reply. There he sat back down at the empty table and waited.

imported_Eve
May 6th, 2003, 09:42:50 AM
Mahdi was Mon Calamari. His eyes spanned everywhere. Eve was hesistant to keep track of the Jedi, so she only looked for him if Mahdi's back was turned.

"Da Soocha," Mahdi stated. Eve's eyes searched in nothingness as she realized why she was picked for this mission. She nodded.

Mahdi turned to his bag which was built more like a portable box and reached inside it. Eve stole a glance at the diner, and found Oriadin watching them. She sent a wide-eyed glance at him, warning him lightheartedly to look away. Oriadin barely grinned and looked elsewhere.

Eve looked at the ground, as if the pavement gave answers.

"I don't get it Mahdi... why are you giving me this?"

Mahdi turned back to Eve. "Let's just say that we all aren't for expansion."

"Wait, expansion? I thought people were dying. What do you mean expansion?"

Mahdi cringed. "Nothing, nothing... bad choice of words. Listen, you will find your answers along the way. The only thing you need to know is that people are dying, and you need to deliver their cure. How can that be wrong, eh?" Mahdi handed Eve a small device, white, plastic and folded. "This thing has maps, customs information, a small language tutorial, and everything else you need to know to get by."

Eve's brows stiffened to a point. "Come on now Mahdi, you said expansion. That's more than a slip I think." Eve crossed her arms, new trinket in hand.

Mahdi smiled, and yet had no intention of saying more. "You tell Hera I say hi. Give her a big kiss for me." Eve looked unsatisfied, but knew better than to ask of him again. "Now, Eve you musn't tell anyone what you're there for. If anyone asks, you tell them you're searching for answers to your past." Eve smirked and then frowned for someone was obviously playing on her lost past and using it. The intention was benign, but it dimininshed her life to absolutely nothing. "Everyone knows you're one of a kind. It's only appropriate that you search for answers on water worlds. And obviously I can't go..."

"Yes Mahdi. I understand."

Mahdi smiled and looked upon Eve as a child as he realized the significant task he has laid upon her. Eve couldn't have grasped it; she was just doing a favor for her pal.

"Now I have got to get back. We have a very important vote today, and I can't be late."

Eve's confusion mounted. She planned a call to Hera once she had the chance. In the meantime, she straigtened her stance. "I will not fail you." Mahdi and Eve nodded and one another, and walked past one another as if they had never met in time. Eve burried the plastic trinket in her pocket.

She walked straight into the diner. She passed Oriadin and sat at the table next to his. Minutes passed and she ordered water, which seemed to irritate the waitress.

"May I join you?" Oriadin asked. Eve motioned positively, and he sat across from her. The diner was busy, and no one was paying attention to them. Oriadin shook her hand for good measure. Eve smiled, but played along.

"We need to get out of here."

Oriadin
May 6th, 2003, 05:04:58 PM
Oriadin gave her a queer little look but quickly rid himself of that. He didnt understand why she said it like that, but he felt sure she had her reasons, and he was willing to trust her for the time being. No doubt he would find out when it was safe for her to talk.

Oriadin motioned seductivly in Eve's direction.

--You know, I saw a quiet litte alley way on my way in here. Perhaps we could go there and get to know each other a little better?--

He said with a little smile. As much as he would have liked to, the idea was to get her on her own so they could discuss their next plan of action. Hopefully she would see what he was getting at.

--That a no? Well, I'll take myself round there anyway, perhaps you'll change your mind.--

He smiled, gave a cheeky little wink and left the diner. He walked around to the ally way he was talking about and waited. There was no one about at all it seemed.

imported_Eve
May 6th, 2003, 05:55:35 PM
Eve watched Oriadin walk out of the diner. She took a look around to make sure no one noticed them. An old woman nodded at her in shame. Eve smurked and left. She walked outside.

The streets were wet and the sun had finally parted for the day. The air was cool and anxious, and it echoed Eve's mood. She looked left to right, and noted Oriadin hanging on the corner of the alley to the right of the diner. She went to him. At first her walk was fast, then she slowed down, getting slower as she got closer to him. Oriadin watched her come into him, but before she was too close he turned and led them down the alley.

There were no souls in this alley. Oriadin stopped before a heap of boxes and backed himself into the wall, and Eve followed, facing him. She put an arm over his left shoulder, resting her elbow on his shoulder, her hand behind his neck. She got closer, but offered no more touching. Eve lowered her head, hidden behind her arm.

"We're going to Da Soocha. It's a water world. There are refugee colonies there. One small sect is dying of some weird virus. I am bringing them the cure. I have maps, and all that - but I need time to study it all." She shook her head as if overwhelmed with work to do.

Oriadin noticed new people standing near the alley entrance, talking. He gently lifted Eve's chin with his hand, pretending to be looking into her eyes as lovers do.

"I..." Eve paused, almost wondering how Oriadin really felt. His acting was quite good. "I mean... I have to learn some language..." Oriadin's look did not faulter. His eyes were magnetic. "I must convey that I am on a personal voyage... or something ... like that." Eve finally heard other voices and looked over her arm. When she turned back to Oriadin, he was watching them too. She gulped. "We need to get a transport."

Oriadin
May 7th, 2003, 06:23:28 PM
What kind of transport did she mean? Oriadin took it that they needed to get out of the area as soon as possible and that it didnt really matter where for now. He let his senses flow as he reached out with the force. His head turned gently in the opposite direction to where the voices had come from, then grabbed Eve by the hand and began leading her away.

He continued to have a lustfull look about him, and he made sure he gave the beatifull woman more than the once over. It was for the benifit of the others watching. He had to keep up the act. Well, that was his excuse anyway!

After a few minutes they reached a more bustling area. More people roamed about and there were a few small transports. A couple of taxi transports were what the Jedi Knight had his eye on.

--Perhaps we could get a room somewhere, and see how things go from there?--

He questioned. At least that way they could be alone... to discuss what was occuring without having to worry about who was listning.

imported_Eve
May 7th, 2003, 08:25:42 PM
It started to rain. "Yeah, sure." Eve had the same idea Oriadin had. He motioned for her to enter the taxi first, and she did, he following. He put his arm around her.

"Take us to the nearest hotel," Oriadin said. Eve smurked and went along with it. Yes, it was a good idea. No one could watch them. She could call Hera from a room as well.

"Aye aye sir."

Eve nestled her face into Oriadin's ear and whispered low enough that he couldn't feel her breath as she spoke. "Soon as we get there, I'm calling my pal. She better have some answers for me. I think... I think this is bigger than I thought."

"Bigger?" Oriadin questioned aloud. The cabbie raised his eyebrows.

"Shhh. I mean, Mahdi was confusing. He was just... not telling me something." Eve turned her head to look out the window signifying that she was done talking at this time. More answers would come when she could talk to Hera.

Oriadin
May 9th, 2003, 09:19:49 AM
The rest of the trip remained silent within the cab. Oriadin and Eve exchanged a couple of looks before they smiled and turned the other way. It was a shy sort of smile, the kind you give when you dont want the other person to know you were looking.

The transport pulled up outside a deteriorated looking building. Both Eve and Oriadin looked at it, then at each other. It wasnt the kinda place youd want to stay for too long, the Jedi Knight thought.

Oriadin payed the cab driver and made his way over to the hotel. To his suprise, it was quite nice inside. Obviously he'd stayed in much nicer places, but given the impression he'd got from the outside of the building, this wasnt at all bad.

A woman stood at the counter and asked if she could help.

--Yes, we'd like to book a room for two please.--

Woman: Certainly sir, one room for two...

She scanned the list of available rooms before finding a free one and handing Oriadin the keys to the room.

Once they found the right room, Oriadin unlocked the door and entered. There was one double bed and a small shower room. Not much else. Oriadin wasnt sure if Eve intended to stay the night there or whether they would just talk things over then leave but he meant to order a room with two beds. His face turned a slight shade of red as he turned to Eve with an embarased looking smile.

imported_Eve
Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:52:24 PM
"It's okay. I won't bite," Eve said playfully. By this time, she came to grips with her attraction. She was lying in mean, but not in intention. "I need a transmitter." She threw her bag on the bed and looked for one. She reached inside her pocket and pulled out the plastic box Mahdi had given her. She threw it to Oriadin. "Take a look at this, will ya?"

Oriadin turned the box on all edges looking for a way to open it. After fidgeting for a moment, he stopped and looked away from the problematic thing. He looked around, gained his bearings and tried to open the box again. It opened immediately. The box was filled with buttons in some strange language. He looked up to show Eve he had opened it, but she was crawling along the walls looking for a communicator. Oriadin started pressing buttons.

The sounds of commincator beeps were heard as Eve dialed the primary public line to the Shadow Faene Fortress. An automated message greeted her.

"Welcome to Shadow Faene. Please enter your extension now." Eve dialed Hera's direct extension. "Standby..."

"Hello. Identify yourself." Hera's voice was heard, but only her desk seat was seen.

"Hera? It's me! Let me see you!"

"Evie!" Hera walked before the monitor and sat in place. "What's up? Where are you? How's it going?"

Eve smiled. "I'm still on Coruscant.."

"Wha? Why? Didn't you see Mehdi?"

"Yes, yes. Listen, who is this Mehdi anyway?"

Oriadin was out of view from the ladies. He pushed the centermost button and a blue sheet of light spawned from the box onto the near air. Oriadin watched the light form into what appeared to be a map of some mountainous region. Foreign statistic scrolled in the upper left section of the image in an even more vibrant blue light. After a few seconds the map advanced in motion to a further mountainous range; it was showing a demo of a course. At the depth of some valley, a graphic depiction of some sea serpent became front and center to the light image. More information scolled to the direct right of the creature's vector frame. Oriadin gathered that the mountainous range was underwater given both that the creature was some sort of fish, and given what Eve had told him of their destination. The program appeared to be displaying local wildlife.

"He's the contractor. I think he has another day job... something political. I don't really ask. He paid up front, and he paid me alot."

"Political? He said they had a vote today.... Vote? Listen, Hera, can you run a search on Mon Calamari politicians... the voting kind?"

"Sure. What if Mehdi isn't his real name? Ah, I'll run it anyway." Hera tampered to her local keypad. "Mehdi, Mehdi, Mehdi...cmon Mehdi... nothing on Mehdi. But wait... I'm getting a bunch of links on their capital government. Computer: show photos of government officials. Eve, gimme a sec to sort through these."

"Sure. But why would a goverment official want to hire a smuggler to export an antivirus? Wouldn't it be great PR to deliver it himself?"

"Got it. Here he is! His name aint Mehdi though. His name is Mond.. Mund... well I can't pronouce his damn name. He is a member of several governmental organizations, but doesn't hold any powerful seat in the main govermental branch... just a club groupie it seems. Funny though."

"What is?"

"All these organizations he is in... they're all the same, expept one. They're all trade based groups; negotiator entities. But this one... this one group is called the Organization for Oceanic Tourism. It's a publicly funded group that expands tourist attractions. Hmmm."

"Who would go there? Unless you can breathe underwater..."

"Looks like that is the idea...they're trying to build land dweller safe spots so more people come to Mon Calamari and Da Soocha. It brings more money in... There is this one project called Mehdi Una. Mehdi? Mehdi! K... wait...

Listen Evie, lemme look at this for a while. I'll call you back later alright?" Hera's eyes didn't stray from her search screen.

"Alright. I guess we'll just stay here until we hear from you."

"We? Who's we?"

"Ah I meant me. I was talking about you and me... you know we are at this point... ah forget it. I'll await your call."

"Talk to you soon babe. You'll be at this location?"

"Yes. Bye."

Hera smiled and the monitor went blank. Eve sighed and turned to see Oriadin emersed in a light of map pictures. Her mouth dropped in excitement and she stood next to him.

"Must be some sort of map," he said.

"Yeah Mehdi said there would be maps in here."

"It's leading to a point. It appears to warn of local sea life... big sea life." Oriadin turned to Eve while not moving the light projection. "This button asks you what language you speak. This button here has customs information. There are more buttons. Maybe you better learn some of the language before the rest of this... thing... is looked into."

Eve smiled. He was quite resourceful. "Yes, I have alot ahead of me in this box. For now," she closed the box in Oriadin's hands, "I am tired and hungry."

They looked at one another in silence for a moment. "Are you hungry? Maybe we can get some food and take an early night? I'm sure we have alot ahead of us tomorrow."

Oriadin
Jul 10th, 2003, 02:42:04 AM
The silence felt a little awkward for Oriadin. Strange emotions were still running throughout his body. Emotions he'd never felt before, well emotions he couldnt remember feeling before.

--Something to eat sounds great. If you want an early night...--

He glanced back down the the double bed and a nervous lump formed in his throat, which he quickly swallowed.

--...perhaps we could find a take away or something? Unless you would prefer to go out of course?--

imported_Eve
Jul 12th, 2003, 11:09:37 PM
"No, I'd like to stay in." Eve wondered about finding food, but remembered she was in an unfamiliar place. She decided she wanted to order in. Sensing Oriadin's discomfort over the biggest object in the room, Eve jumped on the bed looking for the room service pamphlet. She looked back to see him gulp and look away. She handed him the pamphlet.

"Choose something," she smiled. "I'll have whatever you'll have. Do you mind ordering?" Eve wasn't choosy when it came to consumption; she liked anything, and it was a sure bet she'd like whatever the Jedi planned on eating.

Oriadin just smiled in affirmation. She returned his magnetic smile, and again found herself stuck in a moment.

"Whatever I'll have? You sure?"

Eve's smile intensened and she just got up and walked into the rest room. She looked herself over in the mirror. She looked like a drowned rat! She gasped and immediately tried to fix herself. The paniced fixer-uper lasted a few moments before she realized Oriadin had seen her all day as she was. Doing anything now would be obvious. She heard him speaking to someone. 'Must be ordering the food,' she thought.

Eve brushed her hands through her hair, untangling it some. She wiped faded black makeup from beneath her eyes. She took a turn around, and returned to the room. She laid her cloak on the chair next to the bed.

"Would you like me to take your cloak, Oriadin?"