PDA

View Full Version : I am snowed in!

imported_Eve
Mar 19th, 2003, 07:44:36 AM
I opened my door and couldn't because the snow is blocking it. Cars in the driveways are covered. My dog can't even hop around because he falls in a quicksand of snow.

There is no way I can move my car. I couldn't yesterday. Everyone I know will 4-wheel drive, can't move either, and won't.

The highways are closed. Businesses and gov't buildings are closed. The airport is closed. They closed the capital, I hear, for the first time.

I had to stay home yesterday too. I think I'm going to have to close the office today, and I feel horrible about that, but what can I do? Half my staff can't get in. I know my bosses in SD and MN will frown on it though.

My only hope is that the news of this makes national news so they can see how bad it is.

But what are they gonna do? Fire me? Haha - time for hot cocoa!

... knock on wood.

I hear its worse, by about two feet, where Ogre is.

Taylor Millard
Mar 19th, 2003, 07:49:54 AM
ABC reported the start of the snow about 2 days ago.

I don't think ya have anything t'worry 'bout.

Oriadin
Mar 19th, 2003, 07:58:43 AM
Now I feel bad for the lovely sunny weather we're getting. Its so nice and warm here.

Dae Jinn
Mar 19th, 2003, 08:10:16 AM
I'm in Canada, and all the snow melted here a few days ago. It's been sunny and so warm, which is great after the winter we had.
Maybe you should come up here? :lol

Hope things get less snowy for you :\ Since snow sucks.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Mar 19th, 2003, 08:14:44 AM
Its been warm here since last Saturday. Warm and sunny, warm and partly sunny, warm and overcast and lastly (today), warm and rainy.

Evie, ya know I love you but Im not trading with you. We've had more than our usual share of cold, snow and ice this season.

You could sled to my house ;)

imported_Eve
Mar 19th, 2003, 08:16:43 AM
Or ski!

Yay! We're closed! Guilt lifted!

Taylor Millard
Mar 19th, 2003, 08:28:03 AM
QUick go make a snow angel (if you can get out the door)

Evil Hobgoblin
Mar 19th, 2003, 08:38:02 AM
*Throws a snowball at Eve.* ;)

It's pretty warm where I am, comparatively. The actual temperature is somewhere in the 50s, but there's a nice cool breeze and the buildings are still being heated. Sometime during the day, it'll probably get very nice outside.

Enjoy the fire and the hot cocoa. :)

Morgan Evanar
Mar 19th, 2003, 10:09:09 AM
90+ damned degrees here. Record YAAAAAY... no.

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 19th, 2003, 10:11:57 AM
*huggles the fifty degree weather*

Hmm... I might go outside and read they short story we have to read for my EN106 class.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 19th, 2003, 10:13:55 AM
We don't have it quite as bad here 50 miles north of Eve, but we do have 8 to 10 inches in the non snow drifting areas, while some drifting areas are probably a couple feet deep, but the highways surrounding town are all closed. >_<

EDIT: Oh yeah, and its still snowing too.

Dae Jinn
Mar 19th, 2003, 10:18:05 AM
:(

Stay inside where it's warm and be careful you guys!

TheHolo.Net
Mar 19th, 2003, 10:30:26 AM
Wow. Even the US Postal service closed in Denver. :eek

imported_Eve
Mar 19th, 2003, 10:47:05 AM
Somehow my screen door froze shut between this morning and now. Neat.

Go FLA! 90 + humidity is awesome! Not.

Really, Ogre? They were showing shots of your town. The reported had to a dig a hole where they were surrounded by 6 feet of snow.

Postal shut down? Well, may as well. Can't go anywhere or fly anywhere.

I could go skiing down the street.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 19th, 2003, 10:49:52 AM
Hmm, my snow report was just from what I can see out my windows. It really doesn't look that bad here in the middle of the city, but I'm sure the plains surrounding us are bad since my Mother-in-law tried to go to work and was turned back when she got to the edge of town because the highway was closed.

Out my door there are only about 8 inches on the ground with not too much driting present.

Darth Viscera
Mar 19th, 2003, 10:51:58 AM
Sounds like what we got several weeks ago. There was 30" of snow and the post office was closed for 4 days.

Beldarine
Mar 19th, 2003, 11:47:23 AM
:: sigh :: I might be the only northerner in Florida that misses the cold weather.

Right now it's 80 and rising in Orlando, we gotta see how hot it's going to get. And my car still doesn't have air conditioning, so it's going to be fun running errands today.

Eve.. I'll trade.. Please?

imported_Eve
Mar 19th, 2003, 12:17:30 PM
No way sweetums. I can't stand humidity and heat together. :)

Sigil Roland
Mar 19th, 2003, 12:21:13 PM
You all get all the good stuff.. All we get here in Kansas is Rain. Not Thunderstorms, not anything special, just rain.

:(

I'd rather have snow.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Mar 19th, 2003, 02:08:56 PM
70 with sunny skies and a wonderful breeze blowing!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! :D

Ski, Evie, SKI!!!!

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 19th, 2003, 02:32:37 PM
Its grey here.

It's always grey here.

I'm going to start tanning, because I think that might cheer me up.

Lenore
Mar 19th, 2003, 03:37:58 PM
Evie! lol....we had two snow days at the Art Institute here in Denver...it's suppose to be closed till next week, which sadly is finals week. My mother is stuck in Pennsylvania 'cause DIA is closed...my brother (in WY) is having to feed cows and snowshoe in and out of the house.

*Throws a snowball at Eve* YAY! this is actually kind of cool...we had a huge dorm snowball fight.....3 of us girls verse all the guys (like 20) ....got our butts kicked

just got back from the store...quite the walk in the snow....

Lady Vader
Mar 19th, 2003, 04:20:58 PM
Hmmm...

*Starts working on a transport device to transport ppl a-la-ST-style to CA where weather is sunny, cloudless, 70+ degrees, and little to no humidity.*

We could have a big ol' PARTY! :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 19th, 2003, 04:22:43 PM
please please please that sounds great!

plus I could swing by my storage and pick up my passport.

Just so I have it.

>D

Lady Vader
Mar 19th, 2003, 04:25:14 PM
:lol

You put your passport in storage? :rolleyes

Well, this transport device might take awhile... uh... would you settle for a helicopter in the meantime? :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 19th, 2003, 04:30:18 PM
Rie. Rie. RIE.

I put everything EVERYTHING in storage. I moved with simply a suitcase. And the clothes in the suitcase.

So yeah, passport is in storage. Heck I had to get a new SScard because my old one was...you guessed it! In storage.

Pictures of college? Storage.

Dresses? Storage.

Piano music? Storage.

Love letters? Stor- Ok those never existed in the first place. But I think you get the picture.

We got no snow here this year...well we've gotten a lot recently in the mountains, but none HERE. None where I can see it and stomp in it. :cry I just want a wittle bit... :\

Lady Vader
Mar 19th, 2003, 04:52:10 PM
Dang, girl! Hmmm... is there any way you'll be able to haul some of that stuff out of storage when you come out to CA in about a years time?

*Runs to OH, gets a bucket of snow... runs to OR, dumps snow on LD... runs back to CA, with bucket on head.*

Now THAT'S a round trip! :lol

imported_Eve
Mar 19th, 2003, 05:48:09 PM
Cali is like uncharted territory. Hmmm I dunno. Been to San Diego for a football game in college. I remember Deli's and seagulls. I have pictures from us trashing our hotel room...

well anyway...

Come here, and lets ski!

BUT DON'T FORGET ABOUT VEGAS PEOPLE! NEVER FORGET!

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 19th, 2003, 08:09:06 PM
VEGAS!

I'm going in 8 days. :D

imported_Eve
Mar 21st, 2003, 08:07:52 PM
Ah the aftermath.

I walk into work Thurs. am. I have hundreds of messages. All complaining about not being able to go to work because they're snowed in. They think I should give them rent credit since they had to miss work. Some had power outages and complained as well. Furthermore they were dissapointed that our staff wasn't there Weds. and we should have been working to deal with the issues.

1 - Yes. I control the snow. Everyone else in Denver got 4 + feet and were also snowed in, and it's all my fault. I did it to curse you. You were the only ones who missed work, and since I made it snow, I'll help you pay your rent.

2 - I am also the utility company. I caused the power outage because I made it snow, and then I made you, and half of Denver, stay without power and heat because I wanted to curse you.

3 - Me and my staff were the only ones in Denver who weren't snowed in, miraculously, and we just wanted to slack off all day, using the government warnings, highway closings, 4 feet of snow, and dangerous blizzard conditions to stay home and have hot cocoa.

Ugh, idiots. I'm so exhausted with the stupidity of others that I imagine I'll sleep all weekend. But they're mad; they haven't had power for two days.

Again, you should know this is all my fault, cause I am also the power company.

And don't you know? Everyone's getting to work was more important than everyone else. Everyone getting their car out was much more important to human survival than everyone else. They NEEDED to be at work; they were ESSENTIAL personnel... and no one else was. The disabled people demanded their walk shoveled first, because it was more important for them to be let out of their apartment.

(Oh, I also trapped everyone in their apartment because I made it snow. I guess its sacriledge to have to walk over it.)

Hey, the disability act says you get treated the SAME as everyone else. You're on the list. Now that you made me angry, go to the bottom.

They weren't happy with the plow job. They should be happy the lot was plowed, as many others weren't because equipment simply wasn't available. We couldn't get a tractor until today. Our idiot maintenance supervisor ordered one truck for three properties. It takes days per property to even try to touch the snow.

The Postal Service wouldn't deliver mail because there are 12 feet piles of snow in front of the mail boxes. They're being a big help. So this is also my fault, and I am now causing people to get their bills late, and I'm sure they'll want me to be liable for late charges.

I got warnings that the conditions are lawsuits waiting to happen about 30 times in the past few days. Yep, all my fault it's all icy outside.

Snow removal cost $30,000, and counting. Now our office roof is caving in. Gah wonder what that will cost.

I kept getting complaints that we need to shovel the lot. I guess they missed the tractor and 10 men I have out, in uniform, shoveling the lot.

And my company wants all of us to make up the hours we lost of work. The fact that we couldn't be there even if we wanted to means nothing. This isn't legal, but so aren't alot of things.

Oh THE DRAMA. |I

Humans show their worst colors sometimes.

I'm tired, but I gotta go to work tomorrow, so I better get over it.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:17:53 PM
Evie....

I LOVE YOU!!!! :love *snooches!!!

Remy LeBeau
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:18:06 PM
*is jealous of Evey*:( You're lucky I wanted snow...we had one for one day...for about i inch..but dat didn't last very long. :p Send some up to where I am...federal express

Evil Hobgoblin
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:28:24 PM
People can be so dumb. When they want to complain... well, they want to complain. Nothing's gonna stop 'em.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:02:46 AM
*huggles for Eve*

I don't envy you, and in fact, I want to drive over and slap some people for you. :D

Lenore
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:35:06 AM
eh...yeah...I'll help!

It's suppose to snow again next week, Eve.... >_<

I think my school should just say to hell with this quarter, quit now, and start the other one April 7th.

imported_Eve
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:40:57 AM
There ya go. I'm drinking caffine, thinking about getting dressed. I must go to work. Then I have to come home and pack. You 21 yet? We went to the Bank last weekend. Then to LoDos. I think I am over partying. Must wake up. I had a dream that I had sex with Jeff Corwin. I love da Corwin. But I don't know why I dreamed of him. Must be watching too much educational TV.

Can you buy packets of caffine at the gas station? I hate coffee.

Sanis Prent
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:00:22 PM
Originally posted by Eve
Can you buy packets of caffine at the gas station? I hate coffee.

You can buy all kinds of stimulant additives at gas stations, caffeine among them. But be careful in their use.