PDA

View Full Version : Concerning War Threads

JMK
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:04:37 PM
Hey everyone,
To preserve the sanity of all of your favorite staffers, we would like to ask that if any of you want to talk about the war in the Middle East, that you please do so in the "War is Imminent" thread already established. Also please remember to talk about the war, and try not to start one here. :)

Thanks,
The staff.

JonathanLB
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:41:01 PM
Sorry just had to laugh at that.

I'm glad my war is imminent thread has been such a nice parting gift. I won't be posting in it or anywhere else for a while though, so enjoy my thread people and don't start World War III and cause the poor staff here to get out their 21,000 pound bunker busters. ;)

Dutchy
Mar 19th, 2003, 05:25:14 AM
Originally posted by JonathanLB
I won't be posting in it or anywhere else for a while though

Why not?

JonathanLB
Mar 19th, 2003, 06:08:11 AM
Because people don't want to hear from my dumb ***.

Haha, j/k. Well I'm taking some time off from posting here, but I'll still enjoy the amusement from reading your posts and the rest of the people here. Perhaps if I feel compelled to respond to anything, I'll PM the author, but it won't be anything controversial. If I send PMs, it'll be more like, "Nice post, I agree" or something.

Dutchy
Mar 19th, 2003, 07:18:54 AM
Yes, but WHY are you taking some time off from posting here? If I may ask, of course. :)

JonathanLB
Mar 19th, 2003, 08:35:20 AM
Because a few individuals do not like the way I express my opinions, i.e. because what I say is often controversial or otherwise likely to make people get hot under the collar or whatever. Now I know that doesn't mean I have to stop posting, however some time off is fine as I have a ton of work to do. In all honesty I'm working my butt off lately and I'm taking off for Mexico on Saturday morning very early, where I won't be online at all for a week, so maybe I'll post again a bit after that, but we'll see.

I wrote 15 pages Monday, 18.5 pages Tuesday (just finished), so I've been pushing myself incredibly hard. Those are single-spaced pages. Now it's 6:25 a.m. here, but I haven't started studying for my ethics (PHL 205) final, so I'm going to do that and then sleep after I take a shower, too, because I got this final at 2 p.m.

On Monday I began a special project for my site (which I won't mention until it is done) and wrote reviews of Night and Fog (1955, documentary from France of the Nazi concentration camps) and West Side Story (1961). Today I wrote just reviews, five of them: The Hidden Fortress (1958), Yojimbo (1961), Scarface (1932), The Bicycle Thief (1948), and The Thirty-Nine Steps (1935). Hmm I guess only two o f those seven films are from the U.S., haha.

Well anyway this week is catch-up week in a major way. I entered the week behind on 5 reviews from my film class, 3 reviews of my own, 5 reviews from last term (pathetic... that was months ago), a few details of my review of M (1931), a review the disc 2 DVD of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (lol, again, I've had this darn second disc for 3 months, but it's 3 hours long and I've been dreading reviewing it), editing roughly 150 to 175 pages of text (I think?) then putting it all up on my site. Now that I just wrote that, jeez, I didn't even think about it that way, haha, that's a ton of work.

The goal was to do all that this week AND take three finals and do well on them, of course, haha. That's more or less Mission: Impossible. I have finished 7 of those reviews, so remaining are the 5 from last term, one from this term (Contempt), and the other stuff mentioned. Supposedly I am going to finish 6 reviews tomorrow (LOL, yeah... right) and then edit on Thursday, post the reviews on Friday before I leave for home.

Somehow, umm, it is going to be done. But the Snow White DVD is not going to happen, I can see that now. I can review it in Mexico I suppose. On Friday I also have to do my quarterly page count. Every term, or quarter, I count how many pages I wrote during the previous quarter. I actually count at the end of some breaks, too.

For fall it was 230 pages. It was 130 during x-mas break. It is somewhere in excess of 300 pages this term, probably close to 400, but I am not sure. Whatever it is, the amount is insane. I have some remote chance, or maybe even a good chance, of crossing 1,000 single-spaced pages (400,000 words -- 5 book-length works) in just nine months. But that requires something around a 250 to 275 page effort next term when I'm taking 20 credits, I believe, which is one more credit than the university normally allows (I am applying for an exception).

In other words, I just am working too much and am not going to have the time to post here. I think a few people will appreciate my absence, maybe a few others will miss a few of my posts, but all in all I am sure it is no big deal.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 19th, 2003, 09:48:28 PM
Thats a lot written. Which is good... but sad. I sometimes enjoy someone who says what he thinks regardless of others.