PDA

View Full Version : Can we limit the number of war threads?

ReaperFett
Mar 18th, 2003, 05:43:34 PM
Not so much now, but two is enough. It's already as good as degenerating into name calling, so can we make sure it doesnt spread?

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 18th, 2003, 05:46:13 PM
I won't allow any more. If anybody else puts one up I will merge it with the one that says it is imitent. I am not counting the postponing thread because that is different and has to do with the Oscars and basketball.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 18th, 2003, 05:46:25 PM
I have no qualms with doing so.

ReaperFett
Mar 18th, 2003, 05:48:54 PM
The postponing thread is more about the Oscars and NCAA, so thats bad

JMK
Mar 18th, 2003, 05:52:42 PM
Couldn't we also just make an announcement? Tell the good folks that they may as well just post their thoughts on the war into the "imminent" thread?

TheHolo.Net
Mar 18th, 2003, 05:54:15 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Couldn't we also just make an announcement? Tell the good folks that they may as well just post their thoughts on the war into the "imminent" thread? Announcing that an attempt to contain the "War" threads and opinions confined to a single topic, to help keep down repetitive clutter, is underway in some fashion is a very good idea.

JMK
Mar 18th, 2003, 05:57:11 PM
So do you want me to post it, or are you already on it? :p

TheHolo.Net
Mar 18th, 2003, 05:58:06 PM
Its your forum, I'm just the "higher" authority that steps in when no one is listening to you, or when I see it as needed, so yes this one is in your mit. :p

imported_Eve
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:06:15 PM
I wouldn't limit it by telling people to post in one thread. There are alot of different aspects to the war.

I would, in new threads on the same subject, post a friendly reminder that the same discussion is going on in XXX thread, and kindly close the new thread.

As long as people are able to discuss it, people are going to get upset. If we want free speech here, we can't really limit it in that way.

There are several people in those discussions who have hit others below the belt. I for one am tired of Marcus's American bashing, but I told him so once before.

When someone gets nasty, PM them a warning.

Maybe you want a smackdown forum? LOL.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:08:08 PM
hmmmm, I wonder if having a private (un moderated) "smackdown" type forum is a good idea for people to just light into each other? Nah, it would probably just make for more headaches.

imported_Eve
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:10:12 PM
Yeah and that's what IM is for. This is Star Wars, so I don't think we need a political forum. Cause then we need forums about cats, cooking, and underwater basket weaving.

Good post JMK.

JMK
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:11:15 PM
Is there any chance that it wouldn't spill over to the real forums?

I already made the announcement, but maybe if some other aspect of the war is being talked about, we can always split it ourselves.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:11:21 PM
:: stciks out lower lip ::

But I'm really into underwater basket weaving. :(

TheHolo.Net
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:12:19 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Is there any chance that it wouldn't spill over to the real forums?

I already made the announcement, but maybe if some other aspect of the war is being talked about, we can always split it ourselves. Or you could reply to your announcement and clarify it a little, or just edit it a touch. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:13:08 PM
:: stciks out lower lip ::

But I'm really into underwater basket weaving.

ME TOO!

OMG we have so much in common!

;)

And I'm sick of certain Aussies as well, who admittedly have no national pride at all, and yet find it perfectly ok to point out all the faults in everyone else.

Taylor Millard
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:14:12 PM
:lol exactly Eve

Plus, we're not swrpg.whatnot where they gotta debate forum.

I don't think we need one here. We've shown we don't mind political threads as long as they don't turn into flame fests.

imported_Eve
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:14:52 PM
Well maybe we DO need a forum for underwater basket weaving.

I think OOC has SOME war discussion.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:15:32 PM
YAY! finally I can learn a useful trade! :)

imported_Eve
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:18:19 PM
After you're done learing that, we can start a forum on watching grass grow!

It will be so neat!

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:19:18 PM
LMAO

Ahh...my day is getting better. :D

And to everything about limiting the number of war threads, I totally agree. I would also submit that it would be nice if we could use the OOC forum for OOC discussion of RPs, and just talk about the war in ...like the Misc. forum.

But I know people will talk wherever they want.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:19:26 PM
After you're done learing that, we can start a forum on watching grass grow!

It will be so neat!
And we can offer that one as a "boredom begone" for all those "I'm so bored" posters. >_<

:lol

imported_Eve
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:43:05 PM
OMG you genious! Everyone will love us!

:lol