PDA

View Full Version : Re: Straffe Stormrider (GJO mods)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 18th, 2003, 02:15:26 PM
I've recieved a complaint about Straffe being a godmoder. Which he is. He has abilities above that which a padawan should have. I suggest you promote him or knock some sense into him.

I was shown three threads, one in RPing, and two in GJO's forums. I'm not a mod of GJO's forums, so those are your call. In the RPing one, Straffe does seem slightly impervious to attack, and uses something called a "Force Wall" which I understand is one of Sage Hazzard's moves.

I confess to have no idea what a Force Wall is, but I'd like to know if someone can explain it to me, and then let me know how a Padawan is using a Jedi Master's move?

Here are the thread links. And yes, this is my nephew, I realize, and he has the writing ability of a ten year old, but he tries and he enjoys it. He'd do a lot better if TSO could train his Sith, and GJO would assign him a Master (his master was Chance...who isn't around)...but I digress. No special treatment because he's related to me, please, but I do think he deserves a chance.

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27827&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25831
posts 26 and 34 look suspicious to me...

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25164
these threads are in backwards order of date, this is the first one and by far the worst. I realize that Straffe has been called on some so called "strider moves"....

Anyway, plz discuss. When it involves my relatives I'd rather someone else took care of it. But they tend to come to me because they know me.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 18th, 2003, 02:21:37 PM
This is the specific complaint:

**Kyle**: Straffe Stormrider is a total god moder..... i cant do anything to him.... and this is the third timei fought him .... i fought him twice as Kyle and im fighting him right now as Zereth.... and i can get you the treads too...... i think he needs to be warned by a mod or admin...
**Kyle**: were both padawans .... but he seems to know to many good force moves for a padawan

TheHolo.Net
Mar 18th, 2003, 02:24:45 PM
As a GJO mod, I will look this over and offer my opinions here in a little while. I have also directed the other GJO staffers to this issue in their staff forum. Thanks.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 18th, 2003, 02:26:03 PM
Thank you Big Green. :)

Figrin D'an
Mar 18th, 2003, 03:31:37 PM
Will read them over in short order.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 18th, 2003, 03:40:06 PM
I posted in the GJO mod forum btw ... probably stupid of me but I can always repost it here

I've been having a horrible two days :( thinking is an issue

Figrin D'an
Mar 18th, 2003, 04:02:59 PM
I replyed to the same thread in the GJO mod forum...

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 18th, 2003, 04:48:22 PM
difficult for me to derail my thoughts to this, but have done so.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:04:42 PM
Thanks guys.

*hugs Navaria* I hope things get better. :(

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:29:51 PM

DarthHERA
Mar 19th, 2003, 01:51:29 AM
Question - Is Straffe Stormrider the same person as Plo Koon, or am I getting names muddled? Anyone know?

Taylor Millard
Mar 19th, 2003, 07:36:57 AM
You are correct Hera. Plo = Straffe