PDA

View Full Version : The 3ft Giant

OW outcast
Mar 18th, 2003, 12:32:03 PM
The little 3ft green Duro dressed in his normal business suit with a cigar hanging from his mouth. He made his way to the bar and attempted to jump up on the stool but fell the first time. The second time he finally made it to the stool but as he looked up he meet the bartenders gaze.

The bartender asked OW if he was of age with a laugh but OW didn't seem to think much of the joke and just ordered a brandy. The bartender came a minute later with a glass of milk.

"Oh! Very funny pin head."

OW puffed cigar smoke in the bartender’s face, which only angered the man. OW who was normally a nice guy for self proclaimed crime lord was a bit on edge in this place but he was here for info and study.

The bartender never did come back with a glass of brandy just to tease OW. OW just sat there not drinking the milk that sat in front of him instead he scanned the place looking for the right human woman to hit on.

Remkah
Mar 19th, 2003, 02:49:10 AM
"Ehh, dont worry 'bout him" Remkah jerked his finger in the direction of the bartender as he pulled up a seat across from OW. "He likes to think he's funny."

Placing a bottle of Corellian Whiskey on the counter and two shot glasses, the ShadowFaene Captain offered the new-comer a trade in drinks.

"Looks to me like you would enjoy something a little less dairy."

OW outcast
Mar 20th, 2003, 08:52:11 AM
The duro looked at Remkah with his big bug eyes. He had a somewhat curious look on his face.

"Thanks pal, the names OW. I came here in search of something but it doesn't seem I'll get much info on what I'm looking for. People tend to ignore the 3ft Duro you know?"

Remkah
Mar 20th, 2003, 10:22:10 PM
"Well, 'people' are overrated." Remkah commiserated, "Im not fond of too many of 'em, myself."

The SFF Captain poured both shot glasses full of the amber liquor. He took one for himself, and pausing to ask a question before he downed it.

"OW, eh? Strange name. So, what is it you're looking for anyway?"

OW outcast
Mar 25th, 2003, 11:55:52 AM
"Well sir I'm looking for a place called The Shadow Faene; I have heard they are a crime like organization. You see sir I want to be The Duro Crime Lord but first I need to learn the ropes.

I'm hoping to find this Shadow Faene place and ask for them to teach me the ropes and I will even pay them money if they ask for it. I heard they where the best and I want to learn from the best. The only problem I have heard so far is that the shadow faene is primarily force users. I myself was never trained in the force or even tested for it."

OW took a drink of the whiskey, it was surprisingly strong stuff but the duro manage to handle his liquor.

"But if they decide to reject my deal, I guess I will just have to settle for less then perfect and go some where else."

Remkah
Mar 27th, 2003, 11:32:45 PM
"Crime Organization, huh"

Remkah was being coy. He had no idea who this "OW" really was, and he was smarter than to just out and out own up to SFF smuggling activities. Though the bar was owned by SFF and most the patrons in it were either on the payroll, or were hoping to be - one just never knew who they were really talking to. Though - only a complete moron would walk into the den of theives such as this and not expect to be 'made' if he wasn't what he claimed to be.

Remkah was not new to this game and had a nose for such things - and so far, OW smelt alright.

"Well, as I hear it, ShadowFaene is in the contracting business. People who have some sort of skill work out of SFF for a percentage user fee. You talking 'bout somethin like that? What kind of skills you got, then? As for training...that would all depend on the boss."

OW outcast
Mar 28th, 2003, 01:16:39 PM
OW finally got it that the SFF business was to be kept low key and from this point on he would treat it that way.

"Yes a contracting place is what I'm talking about. As for my skills, well first off I'm a Duro some of the best fixers and Pilots in the galaxy. So I'm very good at those two things but I have other special skills as well.

For one thing I have natural charm about me that seems to help allot in getting Information out of people. Also I have a knack for accounting and hiding business transactions if needed.

Another thing is my short height helps me to get in out of small areas. Also I'm generally the last person people would suspect in trouble making.

So all around I have many useful skills to offer although I do have my draw backs as well. One of them being allot of people think I'm a little kid."

DarthHERA
Mar 29th, 2003, 02:36:44 AM
Hera entered the bar and spotted Remkah almost immediately.

Picking up a shot of rum as she passed the barman, she made her way over to where the SFF Captain sat.

Pulling up a chair for herself, she looked over OW quite brazenly and then turned to the swarthy pirate beside her.

"So....who's the kid?"

Remkah
Mar 29th, 2003, 02:43:19 AM
A good natured grin at OW's expense broke Remkah's lean face.

Gesturing with his shot glass he did his impression of an introduction.

"This here's OW. He's lookin for work."

OW outcast
Mar 29th, 2003, 01:14:43 PM
OW stared as the women entered the room it did seem to bother him that she had cracked the joke. Maybe it was because he was to awe struck by her looks to care about the words at that moment.

"I'm OW outcast, I am here looking for a possible job."

OW still in awe was speaking like a robot and he had totally missed Remkah's introduction of him to the lady. OW finally snapped out of it a few moments later. He looked to Remkah.

"Who is this beautiful woman?"

DarthHERA
Mar 29th, 2003, 10:02:01 PM
Hera rarely let others speak for her, and so introduced herself before Remkah replied. She appreciated the compliment from the Duro's question, but failed to say so.

"The name's Hera. You say your name is OW outcast? You on the run or something?" She slid a sidelong look at Remkah and back to the Duro..who really did look like a little kid. "You been stealing candy have you?"

She laughed, but OW didn't seem to appreciate her humor. Hera sighed. She should really give up on trying to be funny.

"So, looking for a job? You mean here in the bar?"

The image of the little duro peeping over the bar counter trying to serve beer flashed in her mind and she fought hard to supress a giggle. She wasnt trying to be rude...maybe she was just tired and a little punchy. In an effort to bring herself back a serious frame of mind, she added,

"Or did you have something else in mind?" she was still grinning but atleast the fit of giggles passed.

Katya Sabutai
Mar 29th, 2003, 11:04:15 PM
Katya walked into the bar that was named "Crash Zone" as she stepped in it was anything but. She absently checked her merson riding on her hip. She wore a red leather bodysuit, black boots and a shiny red jacket. She walked past a group talking at a table, and walked over to the bar.
She smiled casually at the bartender.

"I'll have a whiskey. Strongest you have."

As he got her the drink she said...

"I was told that if a girl was lookin for a new toy, she could find it here."

She smiled again as he looked at her.

DarthHERA
Mar 30th, 2003, 12:05:19 AM
Her grin stayed in place, but Hera shrewdly noticed the new arrival now seated at the bar.

Remkah had seen her too, as did OW - no male would have missed her, Hera was certain of that.

Hmm...this is interesting.. she thought inwardly.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:18:25 AM
"Isnt it just?"

Wiping her hands off on a rag, Daiq tosses it on the bar, receiving a scowl from the bartender as he snatches it away and runs a clean cloth over the bar again.

Grinning, she blows him a kiss then looks over to Hera and Rem, totally missing the little green guy sitting beside the Faene captain.

Daiquiri had picked up on Hera's thought and agreed. A bit of a coincidence if you asked her, which noone had but there ya go.

Nodding in the direction of the new arrival, she slides a grin at Remkah.

"Hooker and you placed the call, right?"

OW outcast
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:53:34 AM
OW looked to Hera to answer here question but at the same instance two new women entered the room. Both where good looking OW noted to himself but the one that started talking to Remkah and Hera seemed to have that married look about her.

OW noted that the other woman was being looked over by the other three. She must be a stranger in these parts just like me OW thought but he shrugged it off and turned back to Hera. Just then he over heard the married ones comment to remkah, OW tried his best not to laugh.

"To answer your question Hera no I'm not on the run, well except for all those ugly Duro women who are after me. As for comment on candy thief don't think that’s the first time I have heard that in my 31 years of life."

OW scuffed a bit before he went back to speaking

"I am looking for a job, I'm not much of a bartender but I sure could do allot better then the one you already have. Actually I was thinking more along the lines of pilot, mechanic, accountant, information gatherer or anything of the sort remotely close to that.

If you want me to put my abilities to the test, I could try to get some info out of that woman over there."

OW pointed to Katya

Rage
Mar 31st, 2003, 12:59:27 PM
Letting out a long sigh as she walked down the street, Rage muttered under her breath that her next 'job' will hopefully be better than the last. She shuddered, not wanting to remember the horrid stench of the last victim she took out.

Rage looked up to see the name of the bar and sighed again, hoping to find Katya in this one. She hadn't been too clear on exactly which bar to meet her at, just that she would know which one Katya had meant. Katya was always like that.

'Can't blame her, though. Never hurts to be too careful. Especially in this line of business.' Rage thought to herself as she entered the building. She smoothed her bobbed hair and ran her hands over her black body suit to smooth out any creases. She smiled at her ever present blasters slung low on her hips. Straightening her leather jacket, she walked slowly inside, immediately spotting Katya at the bar. She grinned, heading straight for her.

"Katya." Rage said, taking the seat next to her and ordering a whiskey.

Katya Sabutai
Mar 31st, 2003, 09:58:46 PM
Being in the business she was in, damn good hearing was a must. And she heard the floosie's remark. Hooker indeed. She cut her eyes to the side and seen the woman. She had her hand near her merson and drummed her finger on the grip as she contemplated parting her fake blond locks down the middle with a well placed shot.

But she was not in her own back yard. That was a courtesy "no-no" in her book. She brought her hand up on the bar and let the bimbo have her say.*who ever your man is, should teach you that wenches should be seen and not heard* She thought to herself.

"Katya"

She heard to her right, and turned to see Rage. She smiled at her friend.

"Hey Rage, Im trying to get us some supplies."

DarthHERA
Mar 31st, 2003, 11:17:42 PM
Hera and Daiquiri exchanged smirks at the scowl Katya had directed their way.

"Look at you Daiq," Hera grinned "..just makin' friends everywhere you go."

Remkah remarked that he'd be happy to straighten her out on Daiqs behalf as he eyed Katya's shapely legs, and the three friends laughed together. OW laughed a little as well, which actually stopped the laughter short - they had quite forgotten him for the moment, little person that he was.

Another woman, equally eye-catching, joined Katya and the two greeted each other.

"Tell you what, OW - lets have a little demonstration of your people skills..."

Daiq and Rem turned to look at the Duro as Hera spoke. The pressure was now on for him to perform and they made sure that he didnt miss that fact.

A roguish grin lit all three smugglers faces and Hera continued,

"....Get yourself over to the bar...act like your an old hand here and see if you cant get those lovely ladies to join us all here for a few drinks. I want to hear you get their names, their reason for being here and...er...Their favorite color.. before they sit down with us."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 1st, 2003, 08:11:48 AM
"Look at you Daiq....just makin' friends everywhere you go."

The wide grin she flashed at Hera showed her good humor and the fact that Daiq never minded a bit of fun poked in her direction.

"It's a talent Im developing."

In truth, Daiquiri had found herself thinking more highly of her looks and her ability to turn heads and when other attractive females presented themselves, it was her duty to put them in their place........right behind Hera and herself. No sense in letting any of them get too 'uppity'. Must be Vega rubbing off on me.

Daiq looked down, surprised to find a small green Duro sitting on the other side of Remkah. Nodding a greeting, she watched as OW considered Hera's proposition, his large dark eyes running over the other two women thoughtfully.

Rage
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:16:14 AM
Rage gave a small smile to the bartender as her drink was placed infront of her and then took a long look around the club, memorizing every detail, every face. It was one of her quirks, being in the line of work she and Katya were in.

"Katya, you know I never question your judgement on anything. But this time I am, are you sure about this place?" Rage whispered to her friend. Her eyes landing at the table where two very attractive women were seated, frowning as she caught them looking their way every so often. Rage quickly took in the others at the table, then turned her attention back to Katya.

"Why do I get the feeling we're going to have company soon?"

OW outcast
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:22:12 PM
OW studied the two women for awhile before making his decision on the matter. He looked up at Hera with a wink and a smile.

"No Problem."

OW Jumped off the stool he was sitting on and made his way slowly to women across the bar. He looked up at the two women with a child like grin on his face. Even though OW was only 3 foot 10 he felt like a giant at that moment.

"Hello ladies, my name is OW and I'm an employee of this fine establishment. You to look as if your here for something perhaps I can help you find it."

Katya Sabutai
Apr 1st, 2003, 09:57:10 PM
"Katya, you know I never question your judgement on anything. But this time I am, are you sure about this place?"

Katya turned to look at her partner and arched an eyebrow.

"Rage, Don't start with me. I know of the person who runs this place. She is reputable. In fact she's sitting at that table right now. We will get what we came for, so don't worry."

"Why do I get the feeling we're going to have company soon?"

Katya felt the presence of the person next to her, not by using the force, but by years of experience that developed a sixth sense almost. She slowly turned and looked down at the Duro standing next to them.

"Hello ladies, my name is OW and I'm an employee of this fine establishment. You to look as if your here for something perhaps I can help you find it."

She looked at the short man.

"Sure, I'd like steak done medium and my friend here will have the same."

She smirked as Rage snickered next to her. The Duro wasn't laughing though, as expected. She leaned closer to him.

"I know you don't work here little man, now get me someone who does."

OW outcast
Apr 2nd, 2003, 12:49:53 PM
"Straight to business I see. You see I am a temporary employee here at the moment with a possible chance for a permanent position.

I will treat you with respect if you treat me with the same ladies. Now before we move on I'm going to need a few things from you.

First I need you state your names and Business for being here. Then and only then will I decide weather your cause is worthy to pass onto the next level."

OW shifted the tie on his suit.

"So let’s start over, I'm OW what are your names and business here at this fine establishment?"

Katya Sabutai
Apr 2nd, 2003, 01:40:39 PM
Really?

She thought to herself. This littler bugger had balls. He'd better watch his coyness if he intended on keeping them. But she liked the coolness he kept. Fine ,she'd play along.

" I am Katya, I'm here looking to aquire some "supplies" needed for our establishment."

She had waited longer than she wanted to, and this little game was being played a little too long for her taste. Being the " no nonsense " type, she was having a hard time restraining from "blowing a gasket" as Rage always puts it. What can you say? Growing up a spoiled little rich girl does help in getting an attitude.

DarthHERA
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:29:55 PM
Between sips of their drinks, the three companions left at the table watched, without looking too obvious and listened without looking like they were listening to the conversation across the way.

Hera couldn't restrain the grin that kept apearing on her face. The Duro was not only bold, but quite entertaining.

Leaning forward to her friends and with a slight nod in Katya, Rage and OW's direction, she asked the grinning Daiquiri, "So - what do you make of this little band?"

OW outcast
Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:54:58 PM
OW nodded his thanks for that bit of information. He didn't let his guard down at all and he would be persistent on getting the Information he needed.

"Thank you Katya, what is your friend’s name? Also is there a certain type of supply or supplies you’re looking for, just incase the boss wants more specific's on the matter?"

OW waited for an answer and then he realized he had one other thing to ask.

"Me and my friend." he points to remkah

"Have a little bet going perhaps you can settle it for us. You see we both sometimes when we are board try to guess stuff about people who enter the bar.

The person who wins gets 20 credits from the other. Anyway when you two walked into the bar we bet on what your favorite color was. So could you ladies please tell me your favorite colors just to settle the bet?"

OW gave a friendly wink and added a child like smile.

Rage
Apr 3rd, 2003, 04:19:35 PM
Rage couldn't help but let out a bark of laughter, drawing the attention of the bar's patrons their way. She shook her head, looking from him to Katya.

"Can you believe this guy?" Rage asked with a smirk. She finished her whiskey, slamming the shot glass down on the bar. Rage moved her arm to where OW had a clear view of her blaster and her eyes bore into his. "My name is Rage and your little smile doesn't fool either one of us."

Rage looked back at the table he had come from and then back at him, knowing something was up, but just couldn't place her finger on it.

"Keep your eyes open, Kat." She whispered, nodding with her head to the table the other three sat at. "It seems we are being checked out...and not in the good way."

Katya Sabutai
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:33:12 PM
Katya kept her attitude in check for the first question he asked.

"What I'm looking for in specific are railguns. I want two rifles, and two in pistol form, all chrome finish. And ammo for them."

But his little inquiry of "favorite colors" had somewhat opened her floodgate a bit, and some of her brash attitude came flying out. She leaned forward closer her eyes hardening a bit and let him know she was no nonsence to the core.

" I don't have any favorite colors, but I know what your's will be in about a minute if you keep up this little game OW. And those colors will be black and blue."

She remained expressionless and as serious as a wookie on a rampage.

"Now, will there be business done here? Or do we play more games which I'm not in the kriffing mood for."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:19:37 PM
Daiq snorted as she shot a glance at Hera.

"You and me, theyre not. No sense of humor whatsoever! We'd have been laughing and joking if someone like OW had come to our table and..."

Her voice broke off as Rage flashed her gun at the Duro. To be honest, Daiq didnt care about the little green guy but she did care about someone trying to strong-arm someone else on her turf. It was a strict SFF rule that any and all strong-arming was to be done solely by Hera, Remkah or herself and not by some second-rate Hera and Daiq wannabes!

Before she realized what she was doing, Daiq had risen to her feet, her brows starting to knit as she threw a glare in their direction.

"HEY! Leave that Duro alone!"

Katya Sabutai
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:44:48 PM
Katya reached back quickly tapping Rage on the knee to let her know to keep a cool head. And then she sipped her drink, and spoke to the person yelling.

" No body touched the little guy, so calm your toosh down sweetness."

She drank the rest and turned the stool around to face the group. Standing up she touched OW's shoulder and nodded to him, then walked over to the table. She placed her hands on the tabletop and leaned in to look Daiq over, then she looked at Hera.

" Good, now we're gettin somewhere. I was waiting to see when you two would start business, but seems "playtime" comes first. I'll cut to the quick here. I am in the game for some "toys", now....are you wanting to make same money? or do I have to go and make someone else several thousands richer?"

She then looked back at Rage and winked giving her the signal all was ok. and turned back with a smirk.

"You know, that was pretty good sending the Duro to get my favorite color."

She smiled then looking over at Remkah.

" And that would be any color YOU like.'

She said to him as she winked.

Remkah
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:54:32 PM
A roguish grin spread across the pirate's face, and he dipped his head in understated acknowledgement of Katya's remark.

This called for a cigarette.

<ibr>

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:14:21 AM
It happened without thinking.

Katya was leaning in and sizing her up, calling her bluff so to speak.

Except, Daiquiri wasnt bluffing.

The wink at Remkah did it. It wasnt that she was jealous. What provoked Daiq was the more than obvious dismissal of her presence.

A silent snarl curled her upper lip as her hand snaked out with force-speed, catching Katya by the back of the neck and smacking her face down sideways on the tabletop.

Her blaster appeared simultaneously in her other hand, the barrel jammed against Katya's temple as Daiq glared down at her.

"If your friend at the bar so much as twtiches, youre dead."

Katya Sabutai
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:19:05 AM
A click was heard and a beeping started. Katya started to laugh.

"True, but I just primed a micro grenade and if you dont release me, I will hit the button again and we ALL go boom. I'm ready to die. Are you ?"

These people didn't know her, Rage did. And Rage knew she would do it.

DarthHERA
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:23:54 AM
Hera was on her feet in less than an instant.

She saw the look in Daiq's eye when she got up to defend the Duro....and knew it wouldnt take much.

The wrong look, the wrong word, hell..the wrong standing still doing nothing, could trigger her lightning quick reaction.

And then a wink... and there it was..Daiq was off!

Hera was beside Rage, before the woman could blink.

"Dont even think about moving, or you wont ever be movin again. Lets let the gals talk some."

Hera lifted the unactivated lightsaber hilt for Rage to see, and the accompanying grin was cold and full of dark promise.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:45:20 AM
Daiq's laughter joined Katya's. A grenade. How unoriginal!

Shifting her hold slightly on the other woman's neck, Daiquiri let Kat believe, for a fraction of a second, that she was going to let her up. She even removed the blaster but left it hanging at her side.

The slight tensing of Katya's muscles told Daiq that the younger female was buying into it and that was all she needed.
Drawing on the power of the Darkside, Daiquiri directs it at Katya, quickly weaving tendrils around and between her fingers, then commanding the tendrils to expand - in essence prying her hand open and her fingers safely away from the button.

"Remkah, catch that, will you? And grab her hand while youre at it."

Leaning down towards the others' ear, Daiquiri whispers softly.

"Learn when to bark, little girl."

Katya Sabutai
Apr 4th, 2003, 01:06:04 AM
Her voice went ice cold, and Daiq knew what she said had a very strong meaning behind it.

"As I've said, I'm ready to die. Are you?"

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 4th, 2003, 01:11:53 AM
"Only if youre planning on going with me. You and your friend..
that is if the lightsaber doesnt kill her before the explosion."

Daiq never wavered. If this was her time to go, let it come.

Rage
Apr 4th, 2003, 10:23:00 AM
Rage kept her eyes trained on Katya, even when the other beauty from the table showed at her side waving the lightsaber in her face. She knew Katya could hold her own and then some, but Katya was family to her.

Rage finally turned to look at the woman next to her, smiling as she realized the two were Force users. She laughed softly, having dealt with many a Force user in their line of business.

"I like how you work." Rage grinned, her eyes sparkling. She kept her hands close to her blasters as her eyes darted back and forth between Katya's situation and the blonde next to her.

"Katya and I mean no harm here. We just want some supplies." Rage said, her eyebrow raising as her wrist communicator started blipping at her. She could hear Katya's going off as well and knew they were trying to be reached from their ship.

OW outcast
Apr 4th, 2003, 05:27:43 PM
A fight had broken out quickly in the bar and the next thing he knew all the ladies in the bar where threaten to kill each other. OW looked around in amazement as Hera and Daiq subdued the other to women.

OW looked Katya with a look of loss on his face; he had really hoped it wouldn't have come to this. The two women where both hot heads and deserved what they got from Hera and Daiq he thought to himself.

"Now Katya and Rage, you said you wanted to meet the boss but did you want to meet the boss like this. You walk into an establishment you do not own and you think you can push anyone around you like.

Ha you both need to go back to school and learn some respect. I was being nice asking all the questions the boss asked me to ask you but still you try to avoid the questions and the rules."

OW reached into his suit jacket and pulled out a blaster built for his hands size. He doesn't point it at anyone he just stares at it for a moment.

"You see ladies I don't go around flashing my blaster to intimidate people. Nor do I strap explosives to myself to prove I'm superior then anyone.

Now I'm going to ask did you ladies come here looking for a fight or did you come here looking to do business?"

OW seemed to keep is calm really well considering he was face with the possibility of a bomb going off in his face.

Remkah
Apr 4th, 2003, 08:52:06 PM
Inhaling loudly on his cigarette, Remkah pushed his chair back just a little in case he needed to leap from it quickly - 4 angry women just a few steps away always made a man nervous.

He listened to OW as he spoke up, watching him with amusement, and quite content to let the little Duro try his hand at apeasing the wildlings. Remkah knew better than to get in the middle of a chick fight - a four-way chick fight at that.

The Base Captain enjoyed his smoke in silence..

DarthHERA
Apr 4th, 2003, 08:56:54 PM
Her gaze shifted from Daiq and Katya, to OW (who was conducting himself admirably she noted) and back to Rage again as the woman spoke to her.

A coy smile tugged at her lips.

"And, I like your style" she replied inbetween the "bleeps" of Rage and Kats wrist comms. She clipped her saber to her hip once again. "You have a lot more control than your outspoken friend over there. Ol' Katya doesnt strike me as the sharpest vibroblade in the shed, if you know what I mean." Only a fool would do her best to press Daiqs buttons repeatedly as Kat was doing.
A slight shifting of her weight on her feet and Hera continued.
"So thats why I hope you wont hold this against me.."

Rage's brow crinkled slightly as if asking "hold what?" and then she caught the breifest glimpse of Hera's balled fist as it came crashing into her nose.

It had been far too long since Hera had a good bar-brawl, and the opportunity Daiq had opened up to them, was just to good to pass up.

The Faene Mistress had a happy smile on her face "oh, that felt good."

Katya Sabutai
Apr 4th, 2003, 09:51:34 PM
Her head against the table still, she took a deep breath and slowly released it. Her temper wasn't going to get them what they wanted, and right now, any business with them had ceased.

" So this is hgow you treat your customers? I expected better from you."

And she looked over at the Duro who was carrying on and placing blame on them for this attack, which she was still trying to figure out why it happened.

" OW , I dont recall coming to the table and pushing anyone around. I DO remember stating what I needed. And if they didn't want my money, they should have said move on.'

Then she caught site of Rage getting punched in the face for no reason and that set her off but good, like the trained professional she was, she grabbed the wrist holding her and pressed a pressure point which made Daiq's arm go numb clear up to her shoulder.

Growling loudly she stands up and pulls the wrist she's holding and the owner partly on the table and delivers one to the jaw which sends the blond rolling off the other end.
She runs around the table after the force user.

"Let's see how you are without your kriffing force use ! "

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 4th, 2003, 10:25:10 PM
Her jaw thrummed from the solid punch Katya landed but she caught the edge of the table as she slid across it and did a forward roll off, hitting the floor on her back.

As Kat moves around the table, relentless in her pursuit, Daiq pushes one of the chairs into her path, buying a couple of seconds to gain her feet as she crawls out from beneath the table.

Grinning openly, Daiq holds a palm out at Katya.

"I'll let you get away with that one.....but this is your last chance to back down and save some face. Whats it gonna be?"

Rage
Apr 4th, 2003, 10:43:44 PM
Rubbing her jaw, Rage slowly got up from the floor, glaring at Hera.

"What the frell was that for?" She asked as she smoothed her hair and adjusted her jacket. Her attention was diverted watching Katya and the other chasing each other and she couldn't help but start laughing out loud at the sight they made. Glancing over at Hera, she tried to stop laughing but only sputtered and laughed harder.

Rage leaned against the bar for support, wondering how long the two of them were going to continue the little chase. Wiping the tears of laughter from her eyes, she looked at Hera.

"Name's Rage. I like your weapon of choice." She smiled, motioning towards the lightsaber on her hip. "Can I buy you a drink? I admit things got...well...started off on the wrong foot here."

DarthHERA
Apr 4th, 2003, 11:12:04 PM
Rage's reaction was not what Hera had expected, not by a long shot, and she supposed she must have looked rather stupid standing there staring slack-jawed as Rage offered her a drink.

"Oh..er...you dont want to punch me in the head, break a chair over my skull or something?" she sounded disappointed.

Hera's voice must have revealed her consternation, as Rage's grin only grew wider. Hera frowned suddenly..wondering if this was some trick.. But then the woman introduced herself like they had just bumped into each other in the street, and Hera decided Rage was being sincere.

Taking a seat on a stool beside Rage, she allowed a smile.

"Well the bar is mine, so drinks are on me. If Daiq and Katya ever make friends, we might let them join us."

She turned her head to where Daiq and Katya were just getting warmed up.

"Hey, Daiq - leave her be...Beating good sense into a person hasnt ever worked in the past. Come and let sit down. Duro can pour us all a drink."

Turning back to Rage, Hera held out her hand.

"Im Hera. Im who you've come to talk to. How's your nose?"

Katya Sabutai
Apr 5th, 2003, 12:11:12 AM
Coming to a sudden halt as her attacker stops, Katya has the look of *what the* on her face. Her hands balled into fists slowly go slack near her sides as she looks at her friend over at the bar having drinks with the person who just socked her a good one.

She brings her arms up in a shrug and shakes her head.

" I don't get you people. First you play games with the Duro there, then attack us and now want to be friends??"

She rubs her temple and slowly shakes her head in disbelief at the sudden turn of events that just happened in less than 5 minutes.

" This is too kriffing weird"

She leans against the table she was slammed down on and taking a deep breath again, her eyes slowly come up to meet those of the handsome man she winked at earlier. Averting them to the side and down. For the first time, she doesn't know what to do or how to act. This whole thing with the SFF peeps just threw her for a loop.

Rage
Apr 5th, 2003, 08:50:05 AM
Rage took the hand that Hera offered and started to laugh when she mentioned her nose. She looked over at Katya, winking at her as she motioned for her to join them.

"Come on, Kat, we've business to discuss." Rage grinned, smirking at the look of utter disbelief on her friend's face. She turned back to Hera, then threw an annoyed look at her wrist communicator. Looking at it, she let out a sigh and shut it off. What ever it was can wait. She and Katya had more important people to talk to.

"We're in the market for exactly what Katya described, some railguns, rifles...stuff like that." Rage smiled, then looked sideways at Katya as she approached. She leaned closer to Hera and added, "I would like some extremely high explosives myself." Rage grinned, knowing she must look like a sadistic idiot sitting there, but she couldn't help it. Taking out some of her hits with her blasters and what not just didn't cut it for her. She had to have some creative fun doing her job!

O.O.C Hey, thanks for the tagline, absolutely hilarious! :lol

OW outcast
Apr 5th, 2003, 02:24:12 PM
OW sighed as the fight started to cool down. He was glad it was all over and that no one really got injured besides rages face of course.

OW walked behind the bar and looked for some good Liquor to serve. He finally came a crossed a reasonable Brandy as he decided that’s what he would serve. He grabbed six stacked glass and made his way back over to the woman and Remkah.

He sat two glasses down where Rage and Hera where sitting then he poured the brandy into there glasses. Then he sat individual places for Remkah, Daiq, Katya, and then Himself.

OW surprisingly climbs on to his stool faster then a monkey could climb a tree. He looked around at all the people as they sat down with a smile.

"I hope you all enjoy your drinks."

Katya Sabutai
Apr 6th, 2003, 02:58:15 AM
Picking up the glass, Kat cast an concerned look to her friend. Not about the people here, but about her bruise that was starting to show. She held up the glass in a salute to the Duro and downed it quickly.

" This is going to be right on top of my "weird business" list."

Her wrist comm beeped again, she pressed a button and answered the call.

"What is it Chas?"

(Kat, we been trying to get ahold of you for tha last 20 minutes, what is going on?)

"What do you think? Business. Now can I complete the transaction, or do I have to run that by you too?"

( hahaha...Sorry boss. Taz is just getting antsy. you know how he gets.)

" Heh, yes I do, all too well. Tell him we'll be back in a few. Kat out."

She turned back to the group.

" So, is there money to be exchanged for merchandise?"

Rage
Apr 8th, 2003, 09:44:29 AM
Rage pulled out a mirror quickly and grimaced at the quickly darkening bruise. She let out a sigh, slipping the mirror back into her pocket.

'All part of the business.' She thought grimly to herself, downing the drink that OW placed infront of her. She looked over at Katya, motioning towards the com.

"Everything ok back at the ship?"

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 8th, 2003, 10:43:52 PM
Daiquiri almost wished that the fight had continued...Katya hadnt seemed to have learned a thing about barking in another dogs' yard. Or if she had, she didnt seem the least bit repentant about it.

Scooping up the drink that OW had set on the table for her, Daiq downed it in one smooth gulp then signaled the bartender to bring a bottle of her usual, along with Hera's. Remkah would drink either and not complain.

So, there the six of them stood or sat, eyeing each other and not sure what was going to happen. The sooner these two gals were gone, the happier she would be.

Daiquiri was quickly deciding that she didnt care for Katya at all ......... Rage seemed to have a cooler head and more common sense than her friend. OW....he was alright in her book and should the Faene boss find a spot for him, that was alright by her.

" So, is there money to be exchanged for merchandise?"

Well..................duh!!

DarthHERA
Apr 8th, 2003, 10:50:32 PM
Hera was in no hurry. Business could wait..this night was just too entertaining to rush through it.

She sat back, and as her rum arrived she grinned, watching Daiquiri ruffle Kats feathers further. With a gesture of her head, she indicated for OW to come and sit beside her, and feel free to join in the conversation.

Nudging Rage, she observed, "Your friend is an edgy kinda gal isnt she?"

Katya Sabutai
Apr 8th, 2003, 11:17:04 PM
Katya closed her eyes and took a deep breath. For some reason Daiquiri seemed to want to antagonize her into going at it again. Force user or not, she had killed them before. She was an assasin and a damned good one. And offing a hope-to be business ally, wasn't in her best interest.

She looked at Daiquiri and sighed.

"Look, if I keep my attitude in check, will you keep your's in check too? Both of us wanting to beat the other up isn't gonna help either of ua at all. Truce?"

She asked the other hoping she would accept.

Rage
Apr 9th, 2003, 12:49:08 AM
Rage slowly nodded her head at Hera's remark, knowing the kind of life Katya grew up with. She sent her friend a smile, then turned to look at the empty shot glass.

"That she can be, Hera." Rage chuckled. "We butted heads a little bit when I first came to work for her, but we soon found out we had many things in common and put our differences aside. Now look at us, we're the best of friends." Rage grinned, looking over at Daiquiri. "I think those two could go round and round all night if we'd let them. "

Taz Finch
Apr 9th, 2003, 03:26:40 AM
Walking in, the scrawny nineteen year old pushes his goggles up on his forehead and adjusts his tattered vest. He strolls over to a booth and sits down. He taps a button on his wrist-comm and Rage's commlink on her wrist goes off.

"Rage, come in. This is Taz. Do you read me babe?"

He holds back a laugh as he knows she hates being called babe. Especially by the hormone crazy teen.

"Make sure Kat gets some hot pockets with the deal. I'm low on supplies here."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 9th, 2003, 07:58:51 AM
A truce, eh?

It would be in the best interests of everyone involved if there was. It was possible that Katya and Rage could generate future business for the Fortress and it was always a good idea to keep one's enemy count low. Daiq shruged.

"Sure, why not? Truce."

She held out her hand.

Katya Sabutai
Apr 9th, 2003, 08:50:29 AM
She took the extended hand and shook it. Even though she wouldn't mind going fist to cuffs with this force user, she had to admit, part of her respected this one. She did kinda remind her of her own self in a way.

"Good, then I will let you decide when business is to begin."

She said with a cordial smile. She pulled a chair and sat down. Looking over at Rage, she knew her friend wasn't approving of her conduct. Hell, she was just as surprised herself. Yes, she needed to keep reign on herself if she was to have the likes of Shadow Faene as an main supplier and maybe future ally.

Rage
Apr 9th, 2003, 01:05:04 PM
"Rage, come in. This is Taz. Do you read me babe?"

Rage looked down at her comm link with a scowl as Taz called out to her. Glancing at Hera, she excused herself from their conversation to answer.

"Taz, I read you. What did I tell you about calling me Babe, eh?" She asked with a smile. Even though he was a walking hormone, he had his moments and was smart as a whip. She quickly looked around the club and knew if he was in here, he'd never leave with the bevvy of beauties occupying the place. "I'll be sure to tell Kat what you need. Is there anything else?"

OW outcast
Apr 9th, 2003, 05:07:58 PM
OW came and sat next to Hera with out a second thought. He was ready to help in the conversation in anyway possible business was something he would like to get into. There was a truce made which put him at allot more ease. Now he knew he would be taken out by trigger happy ladies.

OW slightly turned his ear and listened in on Rages com conversation. He then peered and spotted a scrawny looking boy in a both off to the side. OW's child like face looked to Katya with a smile and then he pointed over to the booth where the boy was sitting.

"Is he with you?"

Taz Finch
Apr 9th, 2003, 09:03:23 PM
"Yeah, try to get that blond babe sitting next to you too with the deal."

He had this huge smile on his face as he watched from a booth near the corner.

DarthHERA
Apr 9th, 2003, 10:05:06 PM
Finally, Daiq and Kat were cooling their heels a little. Remkah was sitting pretty quiet, still smoking and no doubt making his own thoughts on the new talent that was in town.

Hera's eyes slid to the gangly teenager in the booth, following OWs remarks...just when she thought this night couldn't get any more wackier..

"So - now that we are all being civilised once more, why dont you ladies tell us a little bit about your Outfit. Maybe we've heard of you?"

imported_Cyrus Haman
Apr 9th, 2003, 10:08:08 PM
It wasn't trigger happy ladies who were going to take the Duros out though.

In the corner of the bar a man sat, his shaved head shining a bit in the light. Cyrus Haman had had Hera and Daiq's back the entire time, his blaster drawn and ready, as he watched.

When the action calmed down, which was too bad, Haman thought wishingly. He was hoping th'cat fight woulda turned into onea those late night holos, he tended t'watch. But only when Hera and Nass weren't there.

Sometimes.

Haman puffed on his cigarillo and rose from his chair, sauntering over to where the boy was. Slipping in the booth behind him, Haman said in a low voice.

"She'll do th'deal if she wants to. Now...what's your angle?"

Taz Finch
Apr 9th, 2003, 10:54:01 PM
Taz jumped at the unexpected voice behind him. And turned to see the man puffing on a cig.

" Frak! you scared me hehe. Angle? no angle, just tryin to get my order in before the boss places it."

Katya Sabutai
Apr 9th, 2003, 11:03:07 PM
Looking over her shoulder as the Duro mentioned someone belonging to them, She sees Taz and rolls her eyes.

"Yes, he's with me. He's harmless, thats my hacker, Taz. I told him to stay put."

She turned to answer Hera.

"Name of the firm is "Fatal Beauty", Rage and myself are guns for hire. We do everything from bounty hunting to assasinations. You tag 'em, we bag 'em. We have been around not too long, but enough where some people know us. We just hired a pilot to do some "runs" if the job calls for it, and Taz....well that little bugger has been with us from day one."

She looked over at Daiq.

" We didn't come here to rile any of you up, we actually came to stock up on stuff we needed. And what better place than to come here? You are reputable in our business, so I wanted to come to see the best, to get the best. I apologize for getting off on the wrong foot, that was my mistake."

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 9th, 2003, 11:03:48 PM
This was why Hera was the boss......her diplomacy. That and the fact that she owned ShadowFaene. For her part, Daiquiri didnt care what their background story was. She knew that wasnt a good attitude to have but right now she simply didnt care. The adrenaline rush had worn off and with it whatever good mood she might have salvaged.

Looking between Katya and Hera, Daiq watched Haman amble over to the boy and slide into a chair behind him. At least he was paying attention. Even after all the months of knowing that Hera and Cyrus 'shared time' together, Daiquiri still didnt understand why.

Personally, she'd rather shack up with the Duro.

Drawing her thoughts back on what was being said, she realized that Katya was addressing her. And a nice apology it was. With a wave, Daiquiri dismissed it.

"No worry there, Katya. Got a little excitable myself. Thats not like me....usually."

DarthHERA
Apr 10th, 2003, 08:41:36 PM
And it wasnt like Daiq, not really.

Hera tended to be the pricklier of the two when making new acquaintances - her social skills were quite lacking compared to her friend's. Not that Daiq was a pushover, but she tended to keep a good humor better than Hera did. It was fun to be on the otherside of things and watch Kat trying to keep her attractive head on her shoulders and Daiquiri's lightsaber off it.

Cyrus had made himself comfy over with the skinny teenager and once again the cocksure smuggler proved he could be relied on. Daiq didnt care for him much, but that was ok. ShadowFaene people didnt have to like each other, but they had to count on each other and never once had Hera been disappointed.

Responding to Kat's description of their enterprise, Hera raised her brows slightly.

"Fatal Beauty Inc - catchy name" she observed. "So, guns for hire - pop anybody we might know?"

OW outcast
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:59:31 AM
OW noted the man Cyrus and from the looks of it he was a member of the SFF. So far OW counted five for the SFF that was counting himself in hope and 3 for this Fatal Beauty Inc.

OW just kept an eye on the numbers just in case things started to heat up again. He also knew if they did the next time a few people might get hurt or even die.

He wanted to laugh at the comment 'pop anybody we might know?' but he held tight his lips. What he didn't get out of the situation was a clear definition why they need a hacker on there assassination/bounty hunting crew. Maybe it was to cover there own tracks or maybe it was they felt sorry for the kid, I mean it looked like he hadn't eaten in days.

"So do you feed him, the boy I mean?"

Katya Sabutai
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:59:13 PM
"So, guns for hire - pop anybody we might know?"

Kat's eyes flicked up from her glass to look at Hera.

" Might have, You know of anyone mysteriously disappeared? I wouldn't doubt that one of the targets might have been an aquiantance of any of you. Being in this business and all."

The she looked at the Duro as he asked his question.

"So do you feed him, the boy I mean?"

"Of course we feed him. He lives off of hot pockets. all he ever has around him other than a huge computer system. He comes in VERY handy on some assignments."

Rage
Apr 14th, 2003, 09:27:26 AM
Rage laughed softly, her head turning to look back at Taz.

"Hot pockets and any kind of nudie mags he can get his hands on." Rage grinned cheekily, noting the look of awe on his face as he watched Hera. She was thankful his attentions were now drawn to someone else for a moment. "Uh oh, Hera, I think you've got a young admirer now."

Rage watched as Hera's eyebrows shot up and she took a moment to study the group herself. Quite a collection going on here, just like their little group. She heard the question directed at them and she laughed when Kat answered.

"That and if you noticed anyone with their heads missing and lots of blood every where, that's my work." Rage smiled proudly, her hand going to the place where her sword usually was. Carrying it in here would have really been a mistake, so she kept it back on the ship. She caught Katya's eye and could have sworn she heard her muttering something about her being a 'blood-thirsty assassin'. Rage cracked another grin her friend's way and then quickly checked to see if Taz was doing ok. He may be an annoying walking hormone at times, but she did care if any harm came to him.

DarthHERA
Apr 15th, 2003, 02:00:35 PM
Glancing frankly at the teenager, Hera held his gaze for a moment. The thought drifted to her head that she would find it funny if she cut all his fingers off and watched him try to eat hot-pockets with his bloody stubs. She smiled, and Taz not knowing her thoughts, grinned back at her.

Hera turned once more and smiled as Rage finished speaking. She decided she liked Rage's style.

"Well, we've got the hardware youre looking for, plus probably a few things extra. You want to come take a look?"

Rage
Apr 17th, 2003, 06:19:05 PM
Rage looked at Hera for a moment, giving her a mega-watt smile. She nodded her head and then looked over at Kat and then at Taz.

"What do you guys think, should we go take a look?" She asked Katya. "If they've got what we need, then let's strike a deal with these ladies."

Rage turned around to face Hera again and grinned.

"I love running into other ladies in your type of business. It's so...refreshing to see women making it in this world on their own, don't you think?"

Katya Sabutai
Apr 17th, 2003, 11:23:28 PM
Katya smiled for the first time since she been here and nodded. To Hera then to Daiquiri.

"Sounds good to me, Just lead the way."

She turned back to Taz where he sat next to the booth the other gentleman sat in.

"Taz, stay put this time please. "

The teenager nodded in response and Kat got up to follow they're suppliers to look at the goods.

OW outcast
Apr 25th, 2003, 08:46:16 PM
"Don't worry I’ll keep an eye on the boy and make sure he doesn't move."

OW stated with a little smile on his face, a smile resembled an innocent child but harbored an evil genius.

DarthHERA
Apr 27th, 2003, 06:49:51 PM
Hera nodded to Daiquiri and Remkah, "Lets go"

The teenager was of no consequence. OW would watch him, and Cyrus would watch OW.

Rage and Katya stood, as did their company and Hera led them through to the back office, where they would take a turbolift to the private docking bay and board a shuttle to the Base.

They could take a more direct route, but Hera was not going to reveal the labrynth of subterranean networks that traversed beneath the city to the Base Proper.

Once seated in the shuttle, Remkah passed out a black electronic visor to each of the Fatal Beauties.

"Put em on" Daiquiri ordered.

Rage
Apr 29th, 2003, 09:00:49 AM
Rage lifted an eyebrow at the visor hanging infront of her. She turned to look at Katya and she was wearing the same look. Rage shrugged, thinking to herself that it wouldn't be the first time she wore a visor like that and quickly censured herself. She let out a chuckle at the memory and reached for it.

"If you say so." Rage smiled, sliding it over her head.

Katya Sabutai
Apr 29th, 2003, 09:30:13 AM
Katya didn't say anything. It was purely protocol for the SFF. She nodded to Rage and slipped the visor on also. Quietly sitting in her seat she drummed her fingertips on her thighs.

DarthHERA
May 2nd, 2003, 12:48:16 PM
As the crewman banked the shuttle up and away from the docking back, the visors emitted subtle pulses that would interfere with any one - force user or not - in keeping track of directions and distance.

To Katyas and Rage's naked eyes, a tranquil scene of a forrest brook was displayed. Gentle falling water over a smooth river stones lulled them to a relaxed and comfortable frame of mind.

There was no harm being done to them, only a pleasant journey was afforded them to SFF as guests should be treated.

Hera looked to Daiq and remembered the scene in the bar. A rueful grin played about her lips as she watched her freind.

"Glad your on my side, sistah"

Rage
May 8th, 2003, 01:55:47 PM
Rage smiled, hearing Hera's comment to her friend.

"I take it the two of you are pretty close?" She asked underneath the visor. She understoof their tactics of being discreet and admired that. She thought of her own friendship with the 'hot head' of the two and her smile grew bigger. Katya did have a temper, but she was one smart woman.

"How long will it take us to get where we are going?" Rage asked, actually enjoying the scenery the visor was showing her.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
May 9th, 2003, 07:19:15 AM
"Not long....couple of minutes."

Now wasnt the time to ask but since Kat and Rage werent expressing any signs of shock or laughter, she had to assume that Cyrus had changed the visor holo back to Hera's original water vid and didnt leave his "Hot Honies of Tatooine" programmed into the shuttle's 'puter.

Daiq grinned over at Hera's comment to her. Other than Kat ruffling her feathers, she still didnt know why she had reacted as she had.

"I must be getting old."

Katya Sabutai
May 9th, 2003, 07:34:20 AM
Smiling Kat added in a more relaxed voice.

"I beg to differ Daiquiri, you are far from getting old."

She kept the smile on her face after giving the compliment. She walked into the lions den, and "poked it with a stick", she got too cocky an Daiquiri reminded her who's house she stepped into. As was only right. She'd have done the same thing if the roles were reversed.

DarthHERA
May 12th, 2003, 04:52:17 PM
"Old? Yeah me too" Hera laughed. She didnt really believe it though. As far as she was concerned, she and Daiq were just heading into their prime.

Hera was faster, stronger now than she had ever been. And Daiquiri was the same. Perhaps they had been tempered a little...which probably was not a bad thing, but they both still had a volitile streak in them that would never change.

"We are coming up to dock now. We will show you the Vault and you can place your order."

Katya Sabutai
May 13th, 2003, 08:09:45 AM
Katya nodded and kept her smile on. She felt totally comfortable now. Even though they all had an episode back at the bar, they seemed to all be more relaxed. Sort of an ice breaker. Then again, 'firey' women tended to have that.

"Thank you."

She said in answer to Hera.

Rage
May 14th, 2003, 08:59:21 AM
Rage had to smile at the pleasantries being exchanged between Hera and Kat. It was nice to know things had cooled considerably and they were all getting along now. Of course, Hera seemed like her type of person from the get go and hoped they would continue doing business together in the future.

"Explosives....I hope you have lots of explosives...and guns...and swords...." Rage began, laughing as she sounded like a kid in a toy store. She enjoyed her job just a little too much!

Taz Finch
May 23rd, 2003, 10:03:31 PM
*Back at the bar*

Taz looked at the man smoking the cig. He slid his shades on to look cool like this dude. After all they were men, surrounded by beautiful women they worked with. He grinned at the guy and relaxed a bit.

"Soooo, how's the action around here? I mean besides the female wrestling we just got to see. There a night spot where a guy can get a date?"

He asked as he was hangin' with the boys. He looked around at the other dudes in the establishment as they kept an eye on the teen geek.