PDA

View Full Version : More Superman news

ReaperFett
Mar 18th, 2003, 03:36:05 AM
It appears WB has rounded down the list of candidates to.............0

:)

Bomer and Fraser have both "parted amicably"

Also though, Ratners option has now expired, and if the talk of arguments is true, it makes me think he'll be dropped.

I dont know, Marvel movies never seem to have this many problems :)

Darth Viscera
Mar 18th, 2003, 03:51:48 AM
I've said it once, and I'll say it again.

Christopher Walken.

JonathanLB
Mar 18th, 2003, 04:03:16 AM
By the time this project gets going, I'll be a director myself and can take it on! Haha, j/k.

This is a cursed project, seriously.

Janus Versa
Mar 18th, 2003, 04:07:39 AM
It's turning into the next MacBeth or something. If, God forbid, this project ever does get off the ground the cast wont actually be allowed to say "Superman".

I for one am happy that this atrosity is getting ditched.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 18th, 2003, 11:39:25 AM
I think it will be made the question is when. It looks we might get Batman 5 first right now if the Guy Pierce rumors are true.

ReaperFett
Mar 19th, 2003, 07:04:47 PM
Looks like Ratner wants Walken too. Sortof :)

I want [Walken] to play Perry White," he said, referring to the editor of the fictitious Daily Planet newspaper where Superman works as Clark Kent. "He said he'd be interested."

Ratner directed Hopkins and Fiennes in last year's "Red Dragon," and he's reserving a suitably villainous role for his onetime Hannibal Lecter — that of Lex Luthor. He said he hopes Fiennes will come aboard as Superman's Kryptonian father, Jor-El.

"There are a lot of great actors that I've approached," he said optimistically. "But unless I get the Man of Steel, it's gonna be hard."

JMK
Mar 19th, 2003, 07:19:31 PM
Yes. A Superman movie without Superman WOULD be hard indeed. ;)

ReaperFett
Mar 19th, 2003, 07:26:20 PM
They could do it creatively!

"Look! In the sky! It's Superman!"

*Camera pans round just as a conveniently placed blimp passes by*

;)

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 19th, 2003, 07:40:30 PM
Well that would be interesting. Hey what happend to O'Connell he said he was very interested in the role or is that interest one sided.

ReaperFett
Mar 20th, 2003, 02:39:32 AM
And....Ratner is..........................gone.

Apparently because WB wouldnt use Bomer. And here is where they fail. Daredevil needed a name, but Spiderman, X-Men and Hulk could last without. Are they saying Superman needs a name too?

Syrius Cline
Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:39:57 AM
Really? Is that true, he's gone! YEE-HAW!!! Any director that would go ahead with that script... yeesh.

Have you read the script reviews online? I haven't found the actual script yet but many reviews of it are popping up and they all review what seems to be the same script.... and it sucks. Until they get a script worth a salt they might as well not make the movie.

I want Shamalan! Didn't he express interest in writing/directing it?

ReaperFett
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:39:34 AM
Syrius, he wasnt going ahead with the script. It was a FIRST DRAFT. Had SW used draft one, it would be about ANakin Starkiller, who would punch the Princess Leia equivellent, before stopping the Death Star in a Multi-person craft over a planet full of Wookiees.

And trust me, I've seen worse. Three words. James. Cameron. Spiderman.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:42:20 PM
Yeah Reaper that Spiderman script was horrible. Not sure where they will go now, you think they will try to get Bay? Or go with somebody else.

ReaperFett
Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:45:57 PM
I think Bay would be a safe bet.

Also, remember that WB decides on the script, not the director :)

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 22nd, 2003, 09:48:41 PM
Bay could work the question would be want to it. Also isn't this director #4? I mean Burton, MCG, and Ratner has all been attached to it at one time or another.

Jacen Himes
Mar 23rd, 2003, 12:28:43 AM
Well I know Warner Bros. liked the first draft enough to accept it over others. And the script is so far from the comics that it shouldn't even be named Superman. If the WB digs that, then they shouldn't be making a Superman movie. I want to see it because I like Superman, what he's about and what he is. That script was so far from Superman it's not even funny. I know first drafts are bad but I heard it was a second draft review I was reading. Meaning it had one more draft to go through before being final.

(this is Syrius Cline btw)

ReaperFett
Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:09:17 AM
Wasnt Stone on it once too?