View Full Version : Werewolf By Night

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 16th, 2003, 10:01:02 AM
From Superherohype.com

Hero Projects Soon to be Hyped!:
-Elektra
-Namor
-Werewolf by Night

What Werewolf By Night Is About: Jack's ancestor Grigori first brought the curse of lycanthropy to the family when he was bitten by a werewolf in 1795. When Jack reached the age of eighteen he became afflicted with the ancestral curse and turned into a werewolf thereafter on the three nights of the full moon. Since then, his life has revolved around his many attempts to rid himself of the tragic condition of lycanthropy, or else he will forever remain...Werewolf by Night!

Robert Nelson Jacobs (Chocolat) ..... Screenwriter
Hans Rodionoff (Spawn 2) ..... Screenwriter
John Fasano (Universal Soldier: The Return) ..... Screenwriter
Avi Arad (X-Men) ..... Producer
Kevin Feige (X-Men) ..... Executive Producer

.. anyone else know anything more about this?

ReaperFett
Mar 16th, 2003, 10:21:11 AM
...It's based on a comic :)

That's all I know.

jjwr
Mar 16th, 2003, 10:43:25 AM
Yup, like blade it was a character/book from the 70's, Marvel was doing a lot of horror than and Werewolf by Night was one of those horror books. Not exactly super popular but I can't really see it being touted as a comic movie either, more of a horror movie borrowing a comic idea.

ReaperFett
Mar 16th, 2003, 10:50:26 AM
Well, Blade wasnt really advertised as a comic hero either. That to me would be a wise move.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Mar 16th, 2003, 03:51:24 PM
I dunno. I think this is a case of Hollywood not having any fresh ideas and theyre scraping the bottom of the barrel (in general)

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 16th, 2003, 03:52:42 PM
On one hand, it could be good. On the other, it could be terrible. Will probably need to see a trailer or a poster or something before I can tell.

ReaperFett
Mar 16th, 2003, 03:58:51 PM
Daiq, how is the bottom of the barrell over 70 years of a source of entertainment? By that logic, are Harry Potter and LOTR scraping the barrell?

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 16th, 2003, 09:45:25 PM
If you think too hard about it, you'll all realise that there are NO new movie ideas. Its all been done before. :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 16th, 2003, 09:49:18 PM
And to add to that, there are no new plots. Everything's been done, or is just a rehash of what has been done, only updated and with new twists.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Mar 17th, 2003, 08:45:06 AM
It goes in cycles. Let one filmaker come up with a good idea for a movie plot and 6 months later, there are 3 more movies just like it.

Right now it seems like theres an over-abundance of comics being brought to the big screen.

ReaperFett
Mar 17th, 2003, 11:14:35 AM
Go read Jon's quite excellent article on this. I feel that sums this up Daiq :)

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 17th, 2003, 01:22:16 PM
I had an English professor who said almost nothing was original ever plot has just about been done or is just a rehash so really its not a big deal to me unless something rips something completely off like that POC Cody Banks that came out in theaters that just looked like a Spy Kids rip off.

Ishiva Ruell
Mar 17th, 2003, 07:12:54 PM
Originally posted by jjwr
Yup, like blade it was a character/book from the 70's, Marvel was doing a lot of horror than and Werewolf by Night was one of those horror books. Not exactly super popular but I can't really see it being touted as a comic movie either, more of a horror movie borrowing a comic idea.

Yes there were several such comic titles then. Such as Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Man-Thing, Doctor Strange. Plus characters that did not get a title until later or not at all such as Moebius the Vampire, the Gargoyle, Damon Hellstorm, and Red Wolf. With such a cool selection of darker anti-heros why choose a rather cliche werewolf. It worked well in the comic but on the bigscreen it could suck huge eggs.

Sorry, but I was once very heavy into comics. :lol