PDA

View Full Version : Words of Power

Valirion Thorn
Mar 14th, 2003, 03:54:10 PM
:: I entered the library, as I had for several nights now. The caretaker, felow council member Nathan Vergis had not been seen by my eyes but I knew he haunted the alleys of the enormous labrynth of books, but I id not need him now. It was not hard to find the books that screamed n the silence, the one's that held more ower thn cryptic runes should ever hold.
I had found the translation books some tme ago to the runes, memorizing as much as I could, many many nights at that. And now I could rad the dark words and repeat them, causing the same effects, and with that my powers would increase. ies were reaching a climax when my ignorace cold fail me and my ambitions might be for naught.
I moved forward to a row of books that semed to absorb shadows, I lifted several with my hands and helping tendrils of my armor. Like a collecive, eyes opened and my senses of understanding became more complex so that I could read 12 books all at once, my mouth and psuedo mouths moving at a rapid speed, repeating runes of power and memorizing them slowly as they it the air. This was my own training, being trained by others meant that they were stronger, but I would surprise them when the time came, and theyknew who they were.
I began to laugh as I stopped reading but my armor continued, yes, and I could feel te afte effects of the runes as my mouth began to detoriate, very powerful words of darkness. Every tim after reading, I had been forced to use myarmor's rejuvanating ablities to heal myself, otherwise I would be dust by now. Power took its price and the pain that even these writings could inflict was an ecstasy.::

Thanatos Grimlok
Mar 16th, 2003, 09:41:39 PM
I slowly stepped into the library. My red eyes watching the man in armor. He seemed......diffrent. I walked up to him slowly as my white hair flowed in the gentle breeze, and my boots clacked on the floor. I watched him for quite some time. The mirror spoke,

"Ask him something. He is of great power, I can feel it."

I smiled and spoke, "I am Thanatos Grimlok, and you are." I glanced at the books. I could read one symbol. And that symbol meant perfection. "I see you seek perfection as well. I myself, feel that the vampires could offer me so much." I pushed the hair from my face. "Their strength, their immortality, and their ability to strike fear into anything. It is.....wonderful." I turned myself from him and walked a few steps ahead. "And with my beauty, I could become perfect." I shivered at the thought of it. I would be perfect. It would be incredible. "That is my ultimate desire, to become perfect."

Valirion Thorn
Mar 18th, 2003, 03:31:31 PM
:: My eye brows rose as all the books snapped shut and my attention was suddenly diverted to the face of what I could easily recognize as a noble and the sound of a mortal heart beating. I would first begin to teach this mortal respect, as I would seem to give him the smallst I could since he could walk around so much and not be killed for it.::

That you gave me your name is well enough. You require nothing else other than that you had best pardon yoursef before interrupting another one of the Chosen in the Shrine before they kill you in their slightest surprise.
But be grateful, for I will give you what you want this one time and no other time until I find you a bit more respectable. I am Valirion Thorn and I have heard your name whispered through the hallways before, Thanatos Grimlok.
Your humiliation at the gates was regrettable, some vampyres can be considered foolish but a vampyre is above all else so you were in the wrong no matter your defense.

:: I grimaced. I wouldn't admit it but I found the fledgling Ruufe Shanks pthetic and worthless to our Queen's cause. Why such ignorant weakness was allowed, I do not know, but he was not my problem.
But considering Thanatos, he was not much diffeen then whenI had first come, just to a diferent extreme. We had both craved perfection, the true ultimate desire. But my ideals had been that vampyrism was the only way to continue in my pursuit for perfect pain. This one seemed for perfect... image. But we all had our own ideas of perfection, Grimlok's dedication was just as visible in his eyes as it had been in mine.
And then the resemblance of mannerisms, this one was definitely nobly born. His stature and way he disregarded everything else but those things that interested him prove that in itself but the enviroment he had come, the way he treated peope as individuals, was exactly as I remembered several nobles on my planet acted. The Houses of Nobles was the perfect breeding ground for the right air of a Sith.::

It is everyone's ultimate desire, bloodling. But I am going to say now that you should attend yourself elsewere. These books are not welcome to the warm blooded unless invied to read them. Otherwise, you may go awaitwhat is to befall your fate in the Crimson Pit, Parlor, or one of the villages out near the Shrine. I am sure you will take my advice and still be living in one way or another next time I hear your names whisperd through the halls of the Shrine.

Thanatos Grimlok
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:45:09 PM
I smiled and bowed. He was truly great, and I could feel it. I smiled and turned back to the door. Before leaving I brushed my hair from my face with my clawed hand and smiled. "Thank you for your time, oh great Valirion Thorn. I can tell you are a very powerful person." I laughed a little and slowly headed out the door. In my mind I thought, "That is the power I need. hat is the power I crave. The pefection the vampires offer. But he is so grotesque. My perfection will be much more glorius. And yet I will achive the power he has." I chuckled and continued back down the hall.