PDA

View Full Version : A reason to be Damned (Colar)

Valirion Thorn
Mar 14th, 2003, 03:44:52 PM
:: I entered the Roonstone Inn's bar with the uman right beind me. The room got quiet as I entered but as soon as they saw the human they began speaking again. I nodded to a few I knew, but I nodded because the did so first out of respect for me. I was Valirion Thorn, and I had a reputation for wreaking havoc when I appeared in the villages near the Shrine.
I led the human to a table and sat down, giving him a chair and then turning my violet gaze to his face and lifting my hand to order drinks. A vulomptuos woman wth a dress maybe too small came forward with two chalices, one finely wrought but dented for me and another just as dented but considerably more simple for the him. I made a gesture for the human to drink the dark red wine as I did the same.::

To the the Glory of the Shrine!

:: Before the human could say anything, everyone else lifted ther glasses and yelled it back.::

Colar Shinew
Mar 14th, 2003, 09:38:47 PM
Colar also lifted the glass and said the same thing, just after everyone. He drank it and found it quite delicious.

" This is quite good. What is it? Tastes like Onderonian Merlot, maybe Onderonian year 3406. "

Valirion Thorn
Mar 14th, 2003, 09:50:17 PM
Or maybe blood from about two minutes ago. That should be about right.

:: I nodded as I tasted it again.::

There is a reason why we are called damned among mortals and chosen among each other. We are feared, we are nightmares that choose when to haunt peoples dreams, but that is all to the mortals, to you.
In reality, we are godchildren, spawn of the Goddess Ashiva. The Shrine bless her name. We all walk the paths of gods as we obtain the dark gift, allowing us to do what we will with time. Time is ours to reign once we sacrifice the uselessness of daylight. The question is, what will you do with it?

Colar Shinew
Mar 14th, 2003, 09:54:28 PM
" This is pretty good for being two minute old blood. "

Colar reminises for second of all the times he has hunted sentient beings when he got bored, while listening to what the vampire had to say.

" Don't really know what i will do with it. Probably haunt peoples dreams for eternity. I find much joy in that. "

Valirion Thorn
Mar 14th, 2003, 10:05:44 PM
:: I shook my head with a rueful grin. My fangs biting into my lip before I began speaking again.::

No, you have the strength of will to survive the dark gift, but I think you miss the point. Let me put it in better terms for you. Why shouldn't I kill you right now? I can see the blood flowing through the veins in your body right now. I could settle for fresh blood instead of two minute old blood any day.

:: The armor beneath my skin convulsed and pushed through my skin, making faces seem to appear beneath my white cheeks. My violet eyes never left Colar's face, this was the point and time where I usually got my meal.::

Colar Shinew
Mar 14th, 2003, 10:27:08 PM
" I believe you shouldn't kill me because i can be a great asset to the Shrine. Both financially and militaristically (OOC: Military wise, think i made up that word, but i dont know.). I have been trained in a few martial arts, and have gone on many hunts involving sentient beings in the past. I know I wont have to be taught how to hunt 'humans'. "

Valirion Thorn
Mar 15th, 2003, 12:43:18 AM
Ahhh... but that is where your mortal naivete betrays you. Hunting in our terms is a finesse compared to your vulgar terms of a "hunt." Do not insult our ways Colar, learn quickly the choices and consequences of your tongue. Through the passion and pain of the feast of human blood, the hunt becomes something entirely different to bounties and rewards.
Financially? What would it matter if we could just take money from all the mortals we kill? Military abilities, moving armies is good, what joys the blood of battles will bring no?

:: I stood slowly, taking my chalice and crumpling it easily in my grasp, tossing the cup aside.::

It's through pain that you would recieve your dark gift and through pain you will learn the pleasures of immortality. But even these mortals...

:: The room got quiet as I gestured to the entire room. Colar could see the sudden appearance of fear in every other human's eye but his. I walked to a seving wench that had stopped serving to stare with her mouth gaping open and her eyes welling at the corners. My arm draped in blood red silk slipped about her waist as I continued speaking.::

... can share immortality, dark gift or no. Death is just another form of it, the dark gift just allows to continue afterwards. Are you afraid to die, and don't tell me no, please, the bravado of no fear is so wasted nowadays.

:: My armor split from my back and the woman in my arm was suddenly stripped of the flesh on her face. She began to scream as I kissed her, my fangs biting into her lips and my mouth muting the sound of her cries. I closed my eyes long enough to take my drought before pulling back, my tongue slipping out, long and snake like as it licked the blood from my lips.
I turned to smile at Colar as I tossed the body on the table.::

Now refill your drink, be refreshed, and let us go hunting.

:: I didn't wait to see what he did, I turned, my cloaks shifting and blowing with unseen wind as I exited the Inn and strode into the street.::

Colar Shinew
Mar 15th, 2003, 01:33:21 AM
(( OOC: I probably need to clear it up a bit, cause i suck at typing what i think sometimes. But what i meant by hunt was actually hunting. Not Bounty Hunting. They were hunts fot the Hell of it. It involved no money at all. ))

Colar simply followed Valirion as he exited. He was afraid to die but the thought of death to others, and even sometimes to himself had no effect on his sometimes heartless heart.

Valirion Thorn
Mar 15th, 2003, 04:53:24 PM
:: Colar walked out into the night and smiled, my violet eyes catching the moon as it turned to the house I was standing before.::

You wouldn't guess it but hundreds of people have died in this house. We always feed on those who live here but like cockroaches, after we kill two, three more move in.

:: I walked to the door and my mouth moved slowly, words forming on my tongue but no sound being reiterated as I spun cryptic words of power with the force throughout the house. The door opened slowly of its own accord and I made a gesture to Colar.::

Mortals first...

Colar Shinew
Mar 15th, 2003, 05:09:22 PM
Colar walked in to the dark old timey house which Valirion had misteriously opened. He looked around and it was light only by a few torches here and there. It was made out of wood paneling. It resembled some of the houses Colar was used to back on Onderon. The house reaked of death. But that didnt affect Colar. Infact he welcomed the smell. What Valirion said was true. Many hundreds had died in this house. There were stains of blood here and there and rats crawled around feasting on what was left of the last residents. Colar could not wait till they started the hunt.....

Valirion Thorn
Mar 15th, 2003, 05:18:58 PM
:: I allowed Colar to enter first but after I entered and the door closed behind me, I brushed past him and started up the rickety stairs.::

This IS the hunt Colar, now quit thinking so loudly.

:: My armor hissed in reply with laughter as I turned downt he hallway on the second floor and stopped, listening for heart beats that only vampyre ears could hear. My head tilted to the rhythmic beating and I whispered to Colar, loud enough for him to hear but quiet enough for no one else.::

Do you hear them Colar?

Colar Shinew
Mar 15th, 2003, 06:19:48 PM
Colar couldn't hear anything, but he could feel the vibrations of people moving. They weren't that far away, and weren't moving quickly. They were trying to move slowly as if trying to stay hidden.

Quietly he answered Valirion

" No, i cannot hear them. But i can feel them moving slowly. "

Colar was an avid hunter and learned how to feel the vibrations through the ground. If he wasn't the race he was he would probably never be able to feel their vibrations. He could almost hear them he thought, but he could be imagining things...

Valirion Thorn
Mar 15th, 2003, 07:23:07 PM
:: My hand went to my spine and from the base of my neck slid out a long handle. I grasped the hilt of my symbiotic sword and drew it out, the great eye at the base of the tongue like blade swiveled about to stare at Colar. The gaurds on the side of the handle were parts of the sword's mouth, it's jaws, while the eight foot long blade was it's tongue, twisted and curving with a double bladed edge all the way to it's point.
I hefted it before, my vampyric strength let me handle the two handed sword easily with one hand but even as a human my insane nature to be able to bring about Pain had let me carry it one handed anyways. But I casually held the handle to Colar.::

Take it and kill them all. Do it and then return my sword to me afterwards. I expect to see blood on your lips and tongue when you come back down that hallway...

:: I leaned against the wooden wall, my arm extended holding the sword to him to take.::

Colar Shinew
Mar 15th, 2003, 08:35:06 PM
The sword was an odd one, but Colar took it. He himself was strong but not as strong as Valirion. He weilded it easily with two hands, but one hand was extrememly difficult for him.

" I will be back in a few..."
With that Colar headed down the hall. He listened to the small noices as he made his way down the hall like a ninja on a secret covert spy mission. He stopped here and there to feel the ground to get the location of the humans he was hunting. He found there was about three. Two of them farther down on the right and one diredtly in the room to his left. He made his was to the door and made his posture tall and entered with the sword in front of him. He was part Garou, o so he thought, so he made his fangs appear. He really didn't want to use Valirions sword seeing as how he was used to a double-bladed vibrosword he had on his back, but he didnt want to disrespect Valirion.

There was a man who seemed to have been in here a while. His eyes showed that of extreme fear and he fell on to the ground when Colar entered. He was a giant beast. Nearly 6'7". The man slid on the ground backwards trying to get away from Colar as he came closer and closer. But the man was stopped by a wall behind him. Colar gave him a quick smirk and swung the sword at his head. The man gave out a loud and ear ringing scream right before the sword hit him. It connected with the middle of his head and ripped it in have. His skull was now in ruins and the man slumped over on the ground.

Colar made no hesitation in going and eating the poor human. He was tolf to have blood on his lips so might as well get it over with. Colar had never eaten a Human before but still made no hesitation in diggin in. He just told himself over and over...

Its like eating Dxun meat......Its like eating Dxun meat.....

But as soon as he did bight into the mans brain, he found it was much better. He quite enjoyed the taste of human brain so he moved on to different parts of the body till there was justa bloody mess on the ground. He wanted more of this wonderful meat. So he left the room and headed down the hall to the next group.

He felt the ground and noticed they had moved a few rooms down. They obviously heard the scream and were trying to hide farther away from him. Colar didn't feel like using the sword for the mext two. Instead he removed his vibrosword from his back and placed it on the ground, then put Valirions' sword on his back to at least keep it with him. It didn't quite fit but it was good for now. He extended his claws that weren't that big but big enough to rip into the flesh of a human, and he headed down the hall silently. He made his way to the room where they were and it was a woman and her brother it looked like.

Colar didn't make himself big this time instead he went to the ground and came in like a lion would. He chased them both til they had no where to go then he just started to slash away at their skin. He kept going back and forth from who he was attacking in order to keep them from escaping. And after a few seconds both were on the ground bleeding to death. He again dug into them and started to eat their meat and drink their blood till there wasn't much left but another bloody mess.

He returned to the hall, grabbed his sword off the ground, and went to where Valirion was standing. He took out Valirions sword and handed to him and returned his sword to his holster. His hands and mouth were covered in blood. It dripped from the corner of his mouth and Colar relaized his claws were still extended so he put them back in adn waited for Valirion to speak....

Valirion Thorn
Mar 15th, 2003, 11:34:27 PM
:: I smiled ruthlessly as Colar returned with my sword. I grasped the handle and the events that had transpired were instantly engraved within my memories as my sword and I rejoined our symbiotic mental link. I took the blade and licked the blood off the edge, cutting my own tongue in the process but that was nothing it would heal.
I nodded to Colar, noting his blood engrossed skin and the sudden twitch as... claws slid back within his hands. I had no questions, many a race had many a weapon in this galaxy, like my symbiotes for example. But Colar was worthy in my eyes.::

Wait here Colar, you will recieve word from me on what the Council decides.

:: I resheathed my sword, the blade recoiling itself about my spine as it slid in the slit at my neck. I turned and slwoly trodded down the stairs, leaving the building and heading back home.::

Colar Shinew
Mar 16th, 2003, 12:00:53 AM
Colar watched as Valirion left then just sat on the ground and started to meditate. It might take a while for the council to decide so he might as well just rest a bit...

Valirion Thorn
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:51:54 PM
(some days later)

:: I return quietly up the steps, a cold smile on my face. I approach the sleeping figure of Colar and nudge him with my boot barely.::

Awaken mortal, your fate has ben decided by the Council.

Colar Shinew
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:11:50 PM
Colar awoke and saw the figure of the man who had lefft him some days ago.

" Well welcome back, never knew if you were comin back. "

Colar stood up and prepared to go with Valirion.

Valirion Thorn
May 1st, 2003, 05:58:02 PM
:: We headed abck to the Shrine, entering the rose covered gates and headed to a remote room breaking off from the Grand Parlor where a glass table with two crystal goblets awaited us empty.::

Choose one.

Colar Shinew
May 3rd, 2003, 02:57:46 PM
Colar looked over both glass globes. One to his left...and one to his right...He thought a moment then made his decision. He lifted his right hand and pointed torward the one on the right.

"I choose this one"

Valirion Thorn
May 29th, 2003, 09:51:03 AM
:: I smiled, facing the other direction.::

It doesn't matter.

:: with that, I turned quickly, my arm outstretched as my fingers became like talons. The movement was so fast I could see the startlement in Colar's eyes as my talons sliced open a side of his face. My other hand came just as fast pressing his face to the right goblet. His blood slowly began to fill the glass.::

See, stay calm, don't panic, no weakness. You have to always sacrifice something for such power, always.

Colar Shinew
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:54:26 AM
Startled at first but not surprised, Colar just stood as blood flowed out and filled the cup. He was ready for anything, for this was the shrine. Most anything could happen. Colar just stood thre a smiled, as Valirion took the blood from his face.