PDA

View Full Version : A Little Bit of Loniless (Epona/Open)

Pages : 1 [2]

Quinlin Torr
May 9th, 2003, 12:17:00 AM
Quinlin watched and Epona was holding her own. She was doing very good infact, he was impressed. Then as she seemed to catch the reaper off guard, he did the unimaginable. He slid himself off the blades and before anyone could do something, struck the darkling down. Quinlin screamed out for the little force user and as the reaper raised his saber to strike, there was the opening Quinlin was waiting for....Pike was very cocky and he would pay...NOW.

Quinlin was off the lab table and right smack next to the reaper. His gunblade facing forward, from an arcing attack. The head fell first, then the body. As he turned, Epona had collapsed and he checked her back. His grimace told Redeemer how bad the wound was. And he picked the darlkling up and quickly walked past Redeemer and the others. As he reached the corridor, he started to sprint with her in his arms. He had to get her out of there and to some help. He needed to get her back to Ice's place.

Redeemer
May 9th, 2003, 08:45:51 AM
Redeemer had watched in slow motion as Epona fell to her knees. Her eyes widened in fear of losing her 'sister' and when she went to reach for her, Quin was there to catch her and was gone. She felt the tears well up in her eyes as she walked over and picked up Epona's lightsabers. She stood there holding them in her hands, clasping them as if they were her lifeline to Epona.

"We search this building thoroughly." Redeemer said, her voice low.

Dante looked over at Ice and nodded as the three of them walked out. They searched the building top to bottom, finding no sign of any Reapers any where. Redeemer breathed a sigh of relief and looked at Ice.

"Shall we go home?" She asked as he nodded. "Good, I need to feed, though."

She walked out of the building, her mind numb from what had happened. The image of Epona being struck down stuck with her and she couldn't get it out of her mind. She felt guilty. If it hadn't been for her, Epona wouldn't of been in that situation.

Not in the mood to be picky, Redeemer grabbed the first scumbag that crossed her path in the alley and tore into his neck. She drank quickly and furiously. Pulling out, she broke his neck as she let him fall to the floor.

Ice
May 9th, 2003, 08:51:44 AM
Ice watched as Redeemer fed in a way so un-like her. He knew she was feeling the weight of guilt for what happened to Epona. His father sent he would go back and help with Epona's treatment. Ice smiled back at him as he left, then walked to Redeemer's side.

Ice turned him to face her, staring into her white eyes. His fingers came up to caress her cheek, then he grinned as he noticed the blood on her chin. He bent forward, licking the last of the blood off with his tongue before kissing her thoroughly. He felt her cling to him and he brought his arms around her to hold her tenderly.
He pulled away from her mouth with a groan, resting his forehead against her's.

"Epona will be ok, Ree. She's strong, just like you." Ice smiled. "Come on, let's go home."

Quinlin Torr
May 9th, 2003, 09:29:40 AM
leaning against one of the wlls in the place, Quinlin sucked on a peice of raw meat. He stared at the floor absently as Royce was in the room tending to Epona. The door was closed, so he couldnt see what was going on. Royce even scolded him when he peeked in to help.

Vampyre Dante
May 9th, 2003, 09:48:17 AM
Dante strolled into the house, laying his swords on the table as he noticed Quinlin in the kitchen. He quickly took in the scene and went to Epona's room, nodding as Royce opened the door.

"Elder Dante!" Royce exclaimed, opening the door wider. "Please enter."

"Thank you, Royce. You can stop calling me 'Elder', Royce." Dante smiled at him, his eyes going to Epona's back as she rested on her stomach. "How is she holding up?"

"Not good, Sir." Royce answered, wringing his hands. "I've tried everything I know of to heal her. The wounds inflicted by those creatures are the nastiest I have ever seen. The potion that you had given to her earlier worked a little, but not enough I am afraid."

"Yes and I am afraid I cannot give her anymore of that. Too much to a mortal would kill her." Dante said, his eyebrows furrowed. "If she doesn't get better soon, I will take her to the Council with me."

He heard Royce gasp in surprise and turned to look at him.

"Isn't that forbidden, Master Dante?"

"Yes, it is." Dante answered, his eyes drifting back to Epona. "But she is an exception. She has proven her loyalty not only to Redeemer, but to all of us."

Dante walked to Epona's side, reaching down to stroke her dark hair. He smiled softly, gaining not only one daughter this trek to his son's, but two.

Redeemer
May 9th, 2003, 10:20:49 AM
Redeemer and Ice walked into the kitchen to find Quin sulking over a platter of raw meat. Ice patted his back, reaching quickly for a slice of his own before Quin could slap his hand away.

Without a word, Redeemer turned on her heel and walked to Epona's room. She heard voices in the room and realized Dante was in there with her. She tried opening it, but found it was locked. Pounding on the door, she called out,

"You better let me in, Dante!"

She heard the door unlock and open slightly as Royce peered out.

"Mistress Redeemer." He smiled.

"Let me in, Royce." Redeemer hissed.

"I'm sorry, I cannot do that." Royce said, shaking his head. "Epona needs as much quiet as she can get."

"Royce," Redeemer began with an evil smile. "Epona is my friend. I need to see her. If you do not let me in right now, I will break down this frelling door. Do you understand me?"

Apparently he did, for Royce opened the door to let her in. Redeemer strode in, her eyes briefly connecting with Dante's before going to Epona. At her side instantly, she took off her weapons, then curled up on the bed next to her friend, moving her hand to stroke Epona's hair.

Redeemer looked up after awhile, seeking out Dante. He had been watching the two of them closely, as if pondering something. She leaned up on one arm, her face deathly still.

"I will do what ever it takes to keep her alive." Redeemer promised, then repeated, "What ever it takes."

Quinlin Torr
May 9th, 2003, 10:59:21 PM
He was quiet for a while. Just staring at the floor, absently sucking on the raw flesh. Then he spoke to Ice, breaking the odd silence.

"I should've been watching her more closely. I lapsed in my task. She wouldn't be in there like this if I did my job."

He kept his eyes on the floor. Never bringing them back up to look at Ice. Ice could tell he was ashamed. He was now questioning his actions.

Ice
May 10th, 2003, 12:12:32 AM
Ice nodded his head, knowing how he felt.

"Quin, we all feel the way you do." He said, getting up and grabbing the carafe of blood wine for them. "Ree's feeling worse than you about it. But, you have to remember, Epona's not the weakling we made her out to be when we met her."

It grew quiet between them again as they sat at the counter. Ice linked with Redeemer, hearing her swear to do anything to keep Epona alive. He groaned inwardly, praying she didn't mean what he thought she meant...and that was turning Epona.

Quinlin Torr
May 10th, 2003, 12:20:03 AM
Quinlin finally looked at his longtime friend.

"It weighs more on me Ice, I am the leader of the BloodPack. I am expected to watch out for those under my charge. Tonight I have done what I feared.....I have failed in my duty, and doing that, I failed the group."

He tossed the raw meat at the table and walked out of the kitchen. He headed out on the veranda and jumped. He landed on the sidwalk and sprinted off. He needed time to think, to clear his head.

Vampyre Dante
May 10th, 2003, 07:47:26 AM
"What ever it takes."

"Do not say that, Redeemer." Dante said, leaning towards her. "I know what you speak of and I would not wish the pain of being turned on any mortal, no matter how much you love them and wish them to stay alive. "

Dante looked down at the unconcious Epona, his own heart breaking at the thought of losing this Darkling. Looking back up at Redeemer, he shook his head.

"We will find some other way to heal her. Do not even consider turning her, especially without her permission."

Redeemer
May 10th, 2003, 07:59:07 AM
Redeemer and Dante stared at each other for what seemed like forever. She let out a snort of disgust. Kissing Epona on the side of her head, she got up and flew out of the room, needing to be doing something physical.

She stalked down the halls of Ice's great mansion in search of something, anything that would keep her mind off of Epona and the pain of losing her 'sister'. At the end of the hall, Redeemer stepped into a room and flipped the light on. Her eyes widened and she grinned. All sorts of daggers, swords and guns aligned the walls and in display cases.

Taking a step in, she looked around, amazed at the collection Ice and accumulated. There was a gun blade like Quin's, knives like she had lost and swords a plenty.

"Take what ever pleases you, Beloved."

Redeemer whirled around to find Ice standing there in the doorway. She smiled at him, reaching for him. He took her hand and came to her side, wrapping his arms around her.

"Where is Quin?" She asked, running her fingertips over his jawline. She turned back, walking deeper into the room. She reached for the knives like her old one's and replaced them in her holster on thigh.

Ice
May 10th, 2003, 08:07:06 AM
Ice watched her lithe form move gracefully through the room and let out a deep breath he did not realize he was holding. He needed to complete the lifemate 'ritual' before he went mad. Redeemer's question snapped him out of his state and he smiled sadly at her, filling her in on Quin.

Redeemer looked at him, obviously knowing how Quin felt. He knew she wanted to go to him, but was torn between staying there for Epona and seeking out Quin.

"Go to him, Redeemer." Ice whispered. "The two of you need to get over this guilt you carry for Epona."

Ice walked to her, encircling her in his arms.

"If anything new happens, we will let you both now." He kissed her tenderly, then looked into her eyes. "Go to Quin."

Redeemer pulled out of his arms, smiling up at him, then was gone in an instant. He let out a sigh, looking around the room, suddenly realizing that Redeemer had taken the sword he cherished the most in the room with her. Ice started to laugh, shaking his head as he turned the light off.

Epona Rhi
May 10th, 2003, 08:39:35 AM
Slowly opening her eyes, Epona saw she was in a different place than the tunnels. The smell of clean sheets and of light insence told her she was home. She laughed inwardly, "home"...she loved that idea. She felt someone in the room with her and she smiled. In a gravely, weak voice she spoke to them.

"Dante......."

She could only manage for now as she slowly opened her hand and reached out to her side she knew he was at. Feeling a cool hand take her's, she closed her eyes breifly. She felt another pressence enter and smiled again, Ice.

"Tell......tell Ree.....If sh..she bites me.....Im going to...hit her.....really ....hard."

The last word came out in an a raspy whisper. She laughed somewhat and started a small coughing fit.

Quinlin Torr
May 10th, 2003, 08:44:38 AM
He was perched on the edge of one of the buildings. Had to be forty stories up. Over looking the city, he thought about the nights rescue. And how he decided not to move until he knew it was too late. She was a mortal, and she was fighting a new form of enemy. They all were. And he didn't help in time. Just sat there watching.

He ran his finger the length of the gunblade. His mind dwelling on his lack of action.

Redeemer
May 10th, 2003, 08:18:31 PM
Redeemer flew up on to the edge of the building, perching herself next to Quin. She looked at him for a moment, then reached over to kiss his cheek tenderly.

"I know how you are feeling, Quin." She whispered, her eyes searching his. "I also know you think you have not done your duty as leader and I can asure you, Quin, that is wrong. None of us had no control over what happened tonight. No, it doesn't stop the guilt we feel for Epona being hurt, but we have to live with that."

Redeemer touched his hand with her's, suddenly sensing that Epona was awake. Ice had sent to her what she said and she had to keep herself from laughing at that very moment.

"It looks as if Epona just saved herself from being turned." Redeemer half smiled as Quin looked at her strangely. "Don't ask. Come on, Epona's awake. We must get back to see her."

She got up and flew off the building, hovering in the night sky.

"I can asure you that she will be quite disappointed if you don't see her."

That said, she threw a smirk his way and disappeared, eager to see her friend awake.

Ice
May 10th, 2003, 08:21:42 PM
Ice smiled at her, squeezing her hand briefly as he kneeled down by the side of the bed to look into her eyes.

"She was only wanting to keep you with us." He whispered. "I can't blame her, though." He laughed, stroking her hair. "It is good to see you awake, Epona. Redeemer and Quin will be quite pleased. They are on their way back this instant."

'I hope you are, Quin.' He sent out.

Epona Rhi
May 10th, 2003, 08:30:00 PM
She smiled weakly, her violet eyes somewhat dimmer than usual. Her breaths coming a bit ragged.

"I know ....she ...was, Ice. "

Her face turned into a grimace as pain hit her. She gripped Ice's hand tightly and a tear fell on her cheek. It hurt really bad and she let out a sigh as it subsided. She seen how Ice was watching her, amazed she hadn't cried out. She heard footsteps coming and knew Ree was home. She didn;t hear a second set and knew Quin wasnt there.... maybe soon she thought.

"Ree??"

She called out as loud as she could. a little coughing fit appeared again.

Quinlin Torr
May 10th, 2003, 08:32:47 PM
He had followed a bit, then lagged back. He wasnt ready to look her in the eye yet. He sat there on the rooftop he landed on and closed his eyes. In deep thought....almost meditating. 'As if Im a force user' He thought. He kept them closed, clearing his mind.

Redeemer
May 10th, 2003, 09:22:34 PM
Redeemer quickly ran to Epona's side, taking her hand in her own and looking deep into her eyes.

"I'm here, My Sister." Redeemer whispered, her blood red lips quivering. She reached up with one hand to brush away the stray hair that fell into Epona's eyes. "You scared me to death, Darkling."

Redeemer looked quickly over Epona's wounds, noticing how they were not getting any better. Her eyes flashing, she turned to look angrily at Dante and Ice. She felt guilty for wanting to turn her dearest friend, but for Redeemer, she could see no other way of saving her friend. Pushing those thoughts aside, she bit back a whimper of sadness as she climbed onto the bed gently to lay next to her.

"You're going to be just fine, Epona, just fine." Redeemer whispered, her eyes never leaving Dante's.

Vampyre Dante
May 10th, 2003, 09:36:38 PM
Dante returned Redeemer's stare with a knowing one of his own. He was going to have to watch his son's lifemate closely. He knew how it felt to lose a loved mortal. He came close to turning one himself. Lowering his gaze to his son, he let out a deep breath.

"I will take her with me to the Council, Ice." Dante spoke. "They will find a way to help her."

After he spoke, he heard a low growl eminating from Redeemer. He slowly turned around to find her eyes white and hunched over Epona, protecting her.

Redeemer
May 10th, 2003, 09:41:43 PM
"I will not allow you to take Epona to the Council where they will study her like a test subject!" Redeemer hissed. Ice stood and she glared at him, making him take a step back in surprise.

"Anyone tries to take Epona from here, they will answer to me." She stated. Turning to look at Dante, she continued, "You want the Council's help, you bring them here. Do not worry, I will not turn her against her will, if that is what you are worried about."

Redeemer glared at the two of them, then ever so slowly moved back to laying next to Epona. She had never been attatched to someone so quickly in her lifetime and was surprised by her own actions.

Epona Rhi
May 11th, 2003, 04:05:24 AM
Epona heard Ree, and she opened her eyes.

"Ree.....shhhhh......It's .... ok."

She reached out and held Ree'd hand. Giving it a firm squeeze, she smiled weakly.

"I'm a.....tough.... cookie."

Quinlin Torr
May 11th, 2003, 04:10:55 AM
"Yes you are."

Everyone turned to see Quinlin walk in. He knelt by the side of the bed and ran his thumb across Epona's forehead. He winked and smiled at the darkling. Never before has he seen a mortal sacrifice so much for any vampyre. He was indeed honored to know her.

"I am sorry I did not react in time Epona."

She weakly shook her head.

"Dont worry...Quin......I almost ...had ...him."

"Yes, yes you did. Now rest."

He stood up and smiled at Redeemer, then nodded to Ice and Dante. He walked to the side of the room and leaned against the wall.

Vampyre Dante
May 11th, 2003, 10:57:00 AM
Dante took this all in, running his finger over his lips as he did so. With a glance at Ice, he moved away from the wall.

"I will return with the Council, My Son." He stated, watching as Ice's eyebrows shot up in shock. Dante gave him a smirk.

'Yes, I am giving in to your lifemate. She's a strong willed one, she is.' He sent. Ice smiled, nodding in return.

"I shall be back tomorrow night. It is getting late for us." Dante said, reaching for his things. He touched Epona's head softly, smiling down at her.

"You will be just fine, Darkling." He whispered. Surprising everyone, he bent down and kissed the top of her head. Eyes shining, he looked directly at Redeemer. "You honor me with your loyalty to her, Redeemer. Ice is very lucky to have you as his lifemate."

Dante moved to kiss her cheek, smiling at the shock on everyone's face. He nodded to Quin and then patted Ice's shoulder as he left the room.

Ice
May 11th, 2003, 11:28:36 AM
"My father is right. We need to sleep." Ice said, taking hold of Redeemer's hand.

'Will you stay with me, Beloved?' He sent to Redeemer. Her eyes flickered to him, uncertain.

'I cannot, Ice.' She sent back.

Ice sighed, his free hand coming up to rub over his face. He nodded, getting up quickly to leave the room. He headed towards the stairs that lead to his chamber. Ice felt as if he was going mad. His lifemate claimed, he needed to finish the 'ritual' to keep from feeling this way.

He let out a deep breath as he sat on the bed. He did not want to force Redeemer, he learned that mistake before. Taking a deep breath, he laid back on the bed, one arm thrown over his eyes. He had to watch himself. If he did one thing wrong, Quin and Epona would be all over him and he could forget a future with Redeemer.

Feeling the heavy affects of sleep coming upon him, he moved to his stomach and closed his eyes, giving in.

Epona Rhi
May 11th, 2003, 01:08:24 PM
Slowly turning her head, Epona looked at Ree.

"Go...to ...him. I ...will be ok."

She nodded weakly to Ree. She closed her eyes and started to doze off herself.

"Go."

She whispered as she fell asleep.

Quinlin Torr
May 11th, 2003, 01:11:47 PM
Stepping up to the edge, Quinlin touched Redeemer's arm.

"She's right Reddemer, go before his anguish drives us all insane."

He chuckled as he stood there, his attention going to Epona.

"The darkling will be fine. I will watch over her. Go, your lifemate awaits you."

He pulled one of the plushy chairs up and sat in it. His gunblade leaning against it, he leaned back and relaxed. Nodding to Redeemer that everything was taken cared of.

Redeemer
May 11th, 2003, 01:30:38 PM
Redeemer stood in the doorway of Ice's chamber, hesitant to walk in. She knew he was wanting to complete the ritual of lifemates, but she was scared. She watched him sleep, her eyes roaming over him. A smile suddenly appeared on her mouth and she took the first step in, making her way to his side.

Crawling over him, she watched him sleep for a moment before placing a kiss on his cold lips.

'Awake My Lifemate.' She sent to him, feeling him starting to stir. His eyes slowly opened and stared up into her's, the open need for her showing through.

'Are you sure?' He sent.

With a smile, Redeemer reached up with one hand to move the collar of her shirt away from her neck. Her hand shook, but she looked upon Ice with a loving gaze. She watched as Ice's eyes darkened as his fangs became more prominent. He gathered her up in his arms and Redeemer groaned when she felt his teeth sink into her neck.

Her arms tightened around Ice and she felt her own need growing as he drank. Shaking as he pulled away, Ice grinned at her, ripping his shirt off. He moved to cut his chest open with his nail, but Redeemer smiled, stopping his hand.

Ice
May 11th, 2003, 01:40:45 PM
Ice could barely breath as Redeemer stopped him. His eyes wide, he watched in fascination as she straddled his lap, lowering her head to his neck. He closed his eyes, then gasped as she sunk her teeth into him.

Ice let out a guttural moan as his arms tightened around her, holding her to him, feeling her take what was her's. He had to control himself, had to finish the ritual. All he could think about was her.

'I bind you to me, My Lifemate, as you bind myself to thee. I offer you my love, my protection forever. No other shall lay a hand on you without surviving. My Redeemer, My Lifemate.' He softly echoed in her mind, binding them even closer than they were for the rest of eternity.

He felt Redeemer pull away from his, her eyes seeking his out as the words registered in her mind. He was afraid she had changed her mind, but there was no going back. Once the words were said and the exchange of blood was done, it was unbreakable. She suddenly smiled at him and he laughed, kissing her thoroughly as he brought her down onto the bed with him.

Vampyre Dante
May 11th, 2003, 01:45:00 PM
Dante suddenly felt a rush of joy from his son and he smiled, looking at his own wife, Myriad. She turned her hopeful brown eyes upon him and he grinned.

"It is done, Myr." He whispered.

Count Fulkrehm
May 11th, 2003, 02:10:37 PM
Standing in one of the chambers connecting the council room, Fulkrehm stood looking out of the window at the darkened sky. Something was wrong, the dark master felt it, tasted it. It was heavy in the air. His fingers steepled in front of his face as he thought. Soon he would know what it was. And then he would deal with it.

Vampyre Dante
May 11th, 2003, 11:21:11 PM
Dante pulled out of his wife's arms the following night, placing a kiss on her lips. He smiled down at her.

"I must go to the Council now, Myriad." He said as she nodded. "I will be back as soon as I can."

"Do not worry about that, Dante." She smiled, placing a hand on his cheek. "Take care of what you need to. I've already lost my daughters, don't make me lose my son."

The pleading in her eyes was the strength Dante needed. He pulled her into his arms and held her tightly. She squeezed him then pulled away to look at him.

"Go, Dante. Do not keep them waiting."

"I'll return, Myriad." Dante promised, kissing her one last time.

Epona Rhi
May 12th, 2003, 02:23:02 AM
Waking up in the middle of the day, She looked over at Quin sleeping in a darkened corner. Royce came in and tended her wound. She gasped as he touched her with a dampened gauze. She whimpered a bit but didnt cry out. He patted her shoulder gently.

"There, there miss Epona. It'll be alright."

"Royce..."

"I'm here miss. You go back to sleep."

Epona closed her eyes and started to drift off again.

Quinlin Torr
May 12th, 2003, 02:26:21 AM
Waking up from Epona's whimpering, Quinlin seen Royce tending her wound. He nodded slightly and drifted off again.

Redeemer
May 12th, 2003, 02:35:14 AM
Redeemer awoke the next night from a deep sleep, a little disoriented at first. She found Ice's arm wrapped around her and she felt herself grow embarrassed. What they shared the previous night came back to her and she looked lovingly into Ice's sleeping face. She prayed nothing would change now.

Sliding out carefully from the bed, she was anxious to see how Epona was doing before she went to feed. Dressing quickly in a pair of leather pants and a tank top, Redeemer padded her way barefoot up the stairs.

She found Quin still sleeping in the chair he occupied the night before and couldn't help but smile at the tenderness in that gesture. She heard a soft moan and ran to Epona's side.

"Epona, I'm here now." Redeemer whispered, kissing her cheek. Looking over the wounds, she let out a small sigh of relief as they looked better than the night before.

Epona Rhi
May 12th, 2003, 02:40:49 AM
She opened her eyes slowly. Her sister was there. She smiled weakly at her.

"Ree.....you....going out....to feed?"

She asked as she tried to move but couldnt. Fire shooting up her back caused her to whimper a bit. She gripped the sheet and clamped her eyes shut as the pain ran its course. What ever the Reaper did to her, this pain was part of it and she wanted it gone. A tear fell down her cheek and she let out a hard sigh as she relaxed.

Redeemer
May 12th, 2003, 02:44:50 AM
Redeemer watched in fright as Epona's face contorted with pain. This was the prime reason had thought the worst to turn her. She couldn't stand to watch her sister go through this.

"Feeding can wait, Epona. I'd rather be here with you."

Redeemer brushed some hair away from Epona's eyes and looked up when Royce walked in with some juice and blood wine for herself. She quietly thanked him for his thoughtfullness, taking the glasses in each hand.

"Come on Ep, you need to raise your head a little to drink." Redeemer smiled, reaching for the straw Royce had provided.

Epona Rhi
May 12th, 2003, 02:51:04 AM
Her lips closed around the straw Ree placed in her mouth. She drank the cool juice and sighed happily when she was done. She rested on her cheek, to watch her sister. Ree brushed some stray strands from her face and her eyes closed slightly.

"Dont worry...Ree.....I'm a tough...little...cookie."

She softly laughed.

Quinlin Torr
May 12th, 2003, 02:54:32 AM
His eyes opened and he sat there watching the two. He felt for the darkling as she was gripped by that pain. She was stronger than he thought. She handled it well. He smirked at the way they took care of each other. Indeed they were sisters. He leaned on his hand, in silence.

Redeemer
May 12th, 2003, 02:56:07 AM
"Yes, I know you are." Redeemer smiled. She heard Quin stirring and knew leaving now to feed would be good. She would have him to watch over her while she was gone. She seeked out Ice to find him just waking and he sent her a visual of their previous night, making her choke on her blood wine. Epona looked at her questioningly and Redeemer smiled awkwardly.

"Just Ice being his usual self, is all." She supplied. "I'll go feed quickly, then be back as soon as I can, Sister."

She kissed her forehead one last time then flew out of the room through the open window.

Ice
May 12th, 2003, 02:59:09 AM
Ice walked into Epona's room in just a pair of leather pants, first few buttons undone and riding low on his hips, knowing immediately that Redeemer had left to feed. He took her spot next to Epona and smiled at her.

"You look alot better tonight, Epona." Ice said, taking the glass of blood wine that was Redeemer's and finishing it. He looked over at Quin, noticing he was still in the previous night's clothing.

'You stayed with the Darkling?' He sent, raising a curious eyebrow Quin's way.

Quinlin Torr
May 12th, 2003, 03:03:21 AM
Quinlin's only answer came in the form of him raising an eyebrow once quickly, as he looked at Ice from a tired state of mind. the chair hadn't been all that comfortable for him. but he stayed there regardless.

Ice
May 12th, 2003, 03:08:37 AM
Ice smirked at him, waving him out of the room.

"Go feed, Quin. You need your strength. I'll stay here with Epona."
Ice said, stretching out in the chair he sat in.

Vampyre Dante
May 12th, 2003, 02:29:36 PM
Dante walked into the Council's tribal room, noting that the rest of the Nine were there and waiting for him. He nodded towards them, then seeked Count Fulkrehm out.

"We need to speak about this after the meeting." Dante said. "I have a Darkling, a mortal, that has helped the Bloodpack in their fight against the Reapers, she needs our help. She was badly wounded and nothing we can think of will heal her quickly."

Count Fulkrehm
May 12th, 2003, 09:04:51 PM
The Head of the council turned slowly to meet the eyes of Dante. Fulkrehm had a regal look about him, not arrogant, but niether humble. He nodded and walked towards Dante.

"I have felt it. You will take me to see this .... mortal. She is gifted in the force, and also have befriended your children."

Dante noticed the "your" and not "our". Seems like Fulkrehm still harbored ill feelings to his son for abandoning thier little community. His daughter Izabell was coming of age, and soon would be joining in with the 'Pack'. She was also trained in the ways of the force. And would be proving her worth soon enough.

Fulkrehm gestured to the door.

"Please Dante, lead the way."

Vampyre Dante
May 12th, 2003, 10:00:58 PM
Dante moved swiftly with Count Felkrehm next to him back to Ice's house. They materialized in Epona's room, startling everyone there. Dante noticed Redeemer not among them and had to smile. She would give the other Elder a piece of her mind if he tried to move Epona as well.

He went to Epona's side, leaning over to kiss her cheek tenderly.

"Epona" He whispered, "I have brought help from the Council. This is Count Felkrehm."

Dante looked up from where he was and looked at him.

"This is our Darkling, Epona Rhi." He turned proud, loving eyes upon her. "She is one of the Pack now. She deserves the same treatment anyone of the 'children' would get."

Count Fulkrehm
May 12th, 2003, 10:39:22 PM
Turning to face the two. Fulkrehm nodded to father and son.

"Leave us, I will tend to her as best I can. Twill be only a little while."

He turned back to the young mortal. He lifted the gauze on her back and his eyes squinted. He tilted his head a bit and then smoothed her hair. She stirred and whimpered. He looked back at the two as they slowly headed to the door.

"She will be treated with the utmost care Dante, I promise you. As if she were my own."

He smiled as they closed the door and he stood there, next to the bed with his arms in front and hands over her. He began to chant and his hands thrummed. He gently laid them on her wound and her head came up quickly and she gasped. Her body shook and she stiffled her cries as he continued.

Redeemer
May 13th, 2003, 09:15:07 AM
Redeemer was hurrying back to Ice's when she felt the raw pain of Epona scream at her. She stopped, seeking her out and saw what was going on. Count Felkrehm! She gasped, then sent waves of warmth and strength to Epona.

Redeemer let out a pissed off growl and flew the rest of the way back home. She found everyone standing outside Epona's door. Dante moved away from the wall to stop her, but she pushed him out of the way, sending him flying down the hall.

With another growl, she kicked the door in and flew to Epona's side, coming face to face with the legendary Ezra's father, Count Fulkrehm.

Count Fulkrehm
May 13th, 2003, 09:34:52 AM
The mortal had just heavily relaxed as the council leader had finished. And then the door flew open and a brooding BloodPack member stood there staring him down. He kept his expressionless visage. And only regarded her with a slight, and subtle arch of the brow.

"I see they failed in teaching you how to knock first child."

He said as he chastised her actions. Then he looked to the young girl laying there. His hand touching her shoulder.

"I will look at this as just being over protective of your friend here Redeemer..... He turned to the BloodPack member and firmly gripped her chin. ... but next time, please use discretion when you're anger gets a hold of you child."

He slowly walked out of the room, then motioned for Dante to follow him to the library where they could talk.

Redeemer
May 13th, 2003, 10:51:49 AM
Redeemer watched as the Elder left the room, then turned to look at Epona and her back. Her eyes widened as the wounds began to heal infront of her.

"Thank the Dark Lord." Redeemer breathed, kneeling down to face her. "You're going to be just fine, my Sister."

Redeemer placed a kiss upon Epona's forehead, then left her to rest. Walking out into the hall, she found Ice waiting for her with a concerned look on his face.

"You are not happy." Redeemer stated.

Ice
May 13th, 2003, 10:55:40 AM
Ice looked at her, his eyebrows raised.

"No, Ree, I am not." He said, walking away from the wall. He took her arm in his hand and lead her away from Epona's room. "What you did was very disrespectful....to my father and to Count Felkrehm."

Redeemer's eyes widened and he knew he had just ticked her off.
She yanked her arm out of his grasp and glared at him.

"I know how strongly you feel for Epona, I don't blame you for that." Ice said, reaching out to touch her cheek. "But you are letting your protectiveness get out of control."

Redeemer
May 13th, 2003, 10:58:59 AM
"Do not speak to me about control, Ice." Redeemer hissed back at him. "You forget your lack of it!"

Redeemer glared at him for a moment, then turned on her heel and left to go to her chamber. There, she grabbed her boots and quickly slid them on, then stormed back up the stairs to grab her weapons. Ice was in the same place she had left him and didn't even look at him as she walked by him.

Throwing the main doors open, she flew out into the night, suddenly finding herself questioning the laws of the Bloodpack.

Vampyre Dante
May 13th, 2003, 11:05:07 AM
Dante paused in the library, feeling his son unhappy. He let out a sigh, knowing things were not right between his son and Redeemer right now. But that was not the important thing that was needed their attention.

"As you saw for yourself," Dante began, handing Count Fulkrehm a glass of blood wine that Royce left for them. "Her wounds were quite profound. Ice and Quin both had wounds of their own that took longer to heal. I fear if one of our children is injured like the Darkling was, they would not survive. I'm shocked that Epona survived it."

Dante finished his glass, setting it down on the table and then went to look out the window, seeing Redeemer fly into the night. Lowering his eyes, he turned back to face the Count.

"May I ask what you think of all this now?"

Count Fulkrehm
May 13th, 2003, 11:29:50 AM
The Count looked at Dante with knowing eyes. He smiled and shook his head.

"She has always been too passionate of things, that Redeemer. Just like her mother."

He walked over to the window and peered out. Then turned his attention to his collegue.

"The reapers dabble in the ways of sith sorcery. I have been trained in it as well. Their weapons, all have been tainted. I have managed to quell the festering of the mortal's wounds and she should heal fine now. The reapers, have been around for nearly half as long as we. That I know of. I will send my daughter to help here, she is of age and is very eager to be with the group. I will let the rest know of what we're dealing with."

With that, he strolle dout to inform the 'pack' on what they needed to know.

Epona Rhi
May 13th, 2003, 12:00:03 PM
She opened her eys and tried to move, she smiled as she could. Even the fire of pain was gone. But the wound was there ans she hissed as she felt its dull pain. She concetrated on her teachings and droned out the pain. She slowly stood on weak legs and slowly walked to the bathroom. Returning back to the bed, she sent out to Ree and let her know she was better, but not a hundred percent.

She walked to the mirror and turned, she grimaced at the wound. 'Now thats gonna leave a scar' she thought to herself. Oh well, it adds to character she decided. Crawling back in bed she covered herself from the waist down.

Ice
May 13th, 2003, 12:09:14 PM
Ice paced the length of the living room, furious that Redeemer was not asnwering his calls. She had blocked him out of her mind and he was going crazy. He had not wanted to make her mad, but ended up doing so.

'Not the best way to start eternity with your lifemate.' Ice quipped to himself.

Vampyre Dante
May 13th, 2003, 12:11:29 PM
"No, it isn't." Dante said, walking into the room with the Count. He smiled knowingly at his son and then looked around. "Where is Quin? He should be here as well."

Dante went to sit down on the over sized couch and looked at Ice.

"We'll fill Redeemer in when she gets back." He said. "I feel she is working out some things on her own right now and needs this time alone."

Quinlin Torr
May 14th, 2003, 12:21:40 AM
Walking in behind the elder, Quinlin spoke softly.

"I am here Elder Dante. Just needed to feed. Is Epona alright? Ahh good."

He stepped next to Ice and playfully shouldered his friend. A smirk on his face. He looked over to where the Count was standing. His expression spoke of he wasn't too happy. Or didn;t like something going on.

Redeemer
May 14th, 2003, 08:45:16 AM
"You're not starting this without me." Redeemer said, walking into the room, her trenchcoat on her arm. She looked at Dante and then over to the Count.

"I wanted to apologize for my earlier actions." She said. "I am extremely protective of Epona and did not like feeling her in pain."

She ignored Ice and sat down in the big chair away from him. She threw a leg over the arm and leaned back into it. Halfway out of the house, she had realized the Count may have some pertinent information about how to deal with the Reapers, so she decided to come back.

Redeemer looked up to see Dante watching her closely. He smiled tenderly at her, as if understanding her mixed emotions.

'I know what you are going through, Daughter. If ever you need to talk, I am here.' Dante sent to her.

Redeemer smiled, nodding in understanding.

Ice
May 14th, 2003, 12:15:52 PM
Ice couldn't keep his eyes off of Redeemer as she made her way into the room. It hurt him deeply that she would not acknowledge him and he knew he deserved it. He grimaced slightly, hoping Epona would not get wind of it.

Turning his attention back to his Father and the Count, he let out a sigh and rubbed his face with his hands. He'd hope this meeting would end up with news, but he had a feeling it wouldn't.

Vampyre Dante
May 16th, 2003, 08:06:26 AM
Dante smiled at his 'children', Quin included, and leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees.

"As you all know, Epona is going to be just fine." He smiled, then frowned. "These Reapers are stronger than us. We can't fight them alone. The Bloodpack needs to stick together from now on."

Dante looked around the room, his eyes landing on Redeemer.

"No one is to go out alone anymore. One has to feed, someone goes with you. We cannot run the risk of losing a member of the Pack. Do you all understand?"

Dante smiled as the three agreed, his eyes never leaving Redeemer.

'I am sorry to have to ground her solo flights, My Daughter, but for now, it is the wisest choice.' He sent to her, happy when she nodded in understanding.

Count Fulkrehm
May 16th, 2003, 08:42:18 AM
Fulkrehm regarded Redeemer with a nod. It was his acceptence to her apology. He waited till Dante was finished. And then stepped up.

"What Dante says is true. The reapers uses the help of Sith sorcery and alchemy to help them. As in the way it helps us. They seem to have someone who's adept in the ways as I am. I have taken the effects off of Epona. She should heal well. As for this "buddy system" that Dante has mentioned, please do so. We lost a few children and cant afford to lose any more. You will receive another member soon. My daughter Izabell. She is of age and is more than ready for the task. She is taking the place of my son Ezra who should have been with you from the start. Soon she will be here and alongside her family. becareful and keep alert. I will contact you once I find out anything further. Be safe."

He gestured to Dante and strolled out of the room. They would be heading back to Khar Sian.

Redeemer
May 16th, 2003, 08:51:18 AM
Redeemer waited for the Elders to leave, wishing them a safe return and then turned to look at Quin.

"I'll be with Epona." She said, getting up from the chair, purposefully ignoring Ice as she walked by him. She felt him trying to reach out to her, but she slammed the walls up in her mind as she strolled out of the room.

Reaching Epona's room, she was happy to see her sister fairing better than before. She smiled at her, reaching out to her as she went to her side.

"I'm glad to see you better." Redeemer laughed, hugging Epona close to her.

Epona Rhi
May 16th, 2003, 09:30:53 AM
Slowly sitting up in bed, She laughed and smiled as Ree hugged her tight. She was glad she had the normal dull pain instead of that excrutiating pain she felt earlier.

"ow, easy there sis, Im not a hundred percent yet."

Pulling the sheet over her just incase one of the "boys" decided to come in, she layed back down.

"That elder is good whomever he was. Glad he's on our side"

Quinlin Torr
May 16th, 2003, 09:34:20 AM
Quinlin watched the "lack" of exchange between the two. Something was up and he had a feeling Redeemer was doing most of it. He walked over to Ice, and nudged him with an elbow.

"What is going on between you two? One minute youre happy, next minute...this."

He crossed his arms and waited for an answer.

Ice
May 16th, 2003, 09:37:37 AM
Ice gave up for now trying to reach Redeemer and let out a sigh, looking at Quin.

"Let's just say I disagreed with her 'lack of control' concerning Epona." Ice said, watching as understanding dawned on Quin's face.

Redeemer
May 18th, 2003, 08:54:31 AM
Redeemer pulled away from Epona and smiled at her friend.

"That was Count Fulkrehm." She supplied. "He and Dante went back to the Council for now. Not only is he vampyre, but he is a Force user like yourself as well"

Redeemer got up and paced the length of the room, her mind suddenly going to Ice. She realized she had flown off the handle a bit, but no one....no one ever questioned anything she did. It didn't sit right with her that Ice had. Wrapping her arms around herself, she leaned against the glass doors that lead onto a balcony.

Quinlin Torr
May 18th, 2003, 01:22:38 PM
"Females.....just the nature of the beast my friend."

He smirked, then started to chuckle. Ice followed suit. Quinlin could always make a situation better somehow. Was his gift. He patted Ice on the shoulder and led him to the library to talk. Trying to get his mind away from Redeemer and into the moment they need to discuss as to what they will do next.

Epona Rhi
May 19th, 2003, 01:01:02 AM
Laying there, Epona watched her friend. She sighed and rested on her stomach. She felt the wound on her back quickly healing. That Fulkrehm worked mean magic. And soon she would be on the go again.

"Ree, just go and apologize. You'll both feel better."

When Ree turned a surprised look to her, Epona smiled, winked, and tapped her head with a finger. Letting her know she wasn't the only one who could see into someone's head.

Redeemer
May 19th, 2003, 12:09:03 PM
Redeemer looked to the floor, shaking her head.

"Why should I apologize, Ep?" She asked softly, walking away from the balcony door to lay on her stomach next to Epona. "He's the one that questioned my actions."

Redeemer let out a sigh, knowing she was being stubborn. It was her nature. She crossed her arms infront of her and laid her head down, turning to look at her sister.

"Men...." She sighed with partial disgust, making Epona laugh.

Ice
May 19th, 2003, 12:14:15 PM
Ice sat in the library with one foot propped up on the desk as he leaned back in the chair. Quin and himself had been in there for awhile now discussing options on dealing with the Reapers and now they both sat there, ready to give up.

"I don't know what to do, Quin." Ice said, reaching for his glass and taking a long drink from it. He watched as Quin was flipping through some ancient books, dust blowing up from the table. "What are those?"

Ice got up from the desk and went to stand next to Quin, reading the inscription from the page Quin was looking at. It seemed to have thin papers with hieroglyphics written all over them. Someone had taken the time to put them in order and filed into the book.

"That is Egyptian script, is it not?" Ice asked as Quin nodded. "Ugh, I'm no good at transcribing this. Go get Redeemer, she's the linguist in our little group."

Quin looked up with an arched eyebrow and Ice slapped him playfully on the back.

"She'll eat this up, Quin. Besides, she'll come take a look at it if you ask her." Ice smirked, taking the book from Quin to study it more closely.

Quinlin Torr
May 21st, 2003, 02:58:23 AM
Shaking his head and smirking as he left Ice to that book. He walked to the room the girls were in. He opened the door slowly and Both girls turned their heads to see him. He gestured to the other room and spoke.

"Redeemer, we need you to translate some heiroglyphics. Ice and I can't make heads or tails of it. Please?"

Then Redeemer caught his eyes avert really quick to look lower then he was actually looking to speak to her. He arched an eyebrow and turned away. closing the door behind him as Redeemer looked over Epona to see part of the sheet covering her had not been doing it's job. Part of Epona's thigh was showing, and Quinlin noticed it.

Redeemer
May 21st, 2003, 09:33:07 AM
Redeemer couldn't keep the smirk off her face as she watched Quin's retreating back. Reaching with a hand, she covered up Epona and the hugged her gently.

"Guess I should go see what's up." Redeemer said. "I'll be back when I can."

Redeemer smiled at Epona as she got up and walked out of her bedroom. Making her way to the library, she could hear Ice and Quin's voices and her steps faltered.

'Get over it, Re.' She admonished to herself. With a laugh and a shake of her head, she walked into the library to find the two of them hunched over what looked like an ancient book.

"So what's the big deal?" She asked, watching with amusement as their heads popped up in sequence. Redeemer walked over, taking the book from them and settled into a big chair in the corner, tucking her legs underneath her.

She looked up to see the two of them watching her closely and she gave them a brilliant smile.

"I'm gonna be here for a while, Gentlemen. You might as well go do something else."

Quin nodded and left the room and Ice stayed behind for a minute to watch her. She smiled softly at him.

"Go on, Ice." She whispered. "We'll talk later. I promise."

She watched as a smile appeared on Ice's lips and he turned to strode out of the library. A moment later, Royce walked in with a carafe of wine and a glass for her.

"On the request of Master Ice, Miss Ree." Royce said, setting the tray next to her on a table, then went about pouring a glass for her. She took the glass from him with a smiled thank you and softly chuckled for a moment before taking a long cool drink of the wine. With a grin, she set the glass down, then opened the book to go about finding out what it held, wondering if a friend of her's should be called in for this.

Ice
May 22nd, 2003, 10:10:46 AM
Ice patted Quin on the shoulder as they walked down the hallway.

"Things are looking up!" Ice laughed. "Come on, let's go see how are fave Darkling is fairing."

Ice saw Quin's eyebrows raise a little and he grinned, turning towards Epona's room. Softly knocking on the door, they stood there waiting for Epona to answer.

Epona Rhi
May 22nd, 2003, 10:37:24 AM
Laying on her stomach, she lifted her head a bit as the knocking came.

"Come in, its open."

She smiled as the two "boys" walked in.

Ice
May 22nd, 2003, 10:41:50 AM
"Epona!" Ice grinned as he and Quin walked in. "You're looking ravishing as ever."

Ice walked over to quickly check her back and was happy to see that she was back to normal. He grabbed a chair and pulled it up next to the bed as Quin went to lean against the wall.

"Glad to see you are doing so well." Ice said. "I don't think Ree would be one to be reckoned with if we lost you."

Epona Rhi
May 22nd, 2003, 12:40:10 PM
She rested her head on her folded arms, and laughed at Ice's remark. Yes her sister would see heads roll if anything bad happened. She eyed Quin as he remained quiet against the wall.

"I'm just glad to be still in one piece Ice."

Ice
May 22nd, 2003, 04:58:22 PM
Ice smirked, catching the glimpse Epona sent Quin. He stood, putting the chair back in its place.

"Well, if you will excuse me, I am going to go check on Ree and the book. Epona, once again, glad to see you doing well. Quin, I'll talk to you later."

Ice nodded his head towards Quin, purposefully leaving the two of them alone. He carried a wicked grin on his face as he left the room, knowing the two of them, a Vampyre and a Sith would make an interesting couple.

Ice found Redeemer exactly where she was before, totally immensed in the book. He leaned against the door, watching as she nibbled on her bottom lip with her teeth as she carefully read and reread a page.

Redeemer
May 22nd, 2003, 05:07:58 PM
Redeemer felt Ice's presence and she looked up from what she was reading to smile at him. She closed the book carefully, setting it aside to stand and stretch.

"Hi." She smiled as he approached. He smiled back and she decided to shock him by wrapping her arms around his neck, drawing him closer. She grinned at the look of disbelief on his face and she quickly kissed him.

"Don't ever question me again."

Ice quickly nodded and she knew he understood the whole meaning of those words.

"How's it going?" She heard him ask.

"Slow." She sighed. "I'm going to have to let someone else I know with more extensive experience in hieroglyphics see it."

Redeemer saw the uncertainty flash across Ice's face and she hugged him quickly.

"It is ok, Ice. She can be totally trusted, like Epona." Redeemer said. "She knows all about who I am and what I do. I'll contact her tomorrow evening after we rest."

Redeemer glanced at the clock on the wall, realizing they only had a little bit before the sun rose. Ice escorted her to Epona's room where she said a quick 'goodnight' to her friend and then the two of them walked together down into the chamber.

Redeemer watched as Ice stretched out onto the bed, holding his hand out to her. She took it, laughing as he pulled her down next to him. He gently nibbled on her jawline as she turned into him. She felt her eyelids growing heavy and she placed a hand on his chest, giving in to the darkness.

Quinlin Torr
May 25th, 2003, 09:47:44 AM
Walking into one of the other rooms, Quinlin let his body fall face first onto the huge bed and his eyes drifted closed. Later he would see what Redeemer had come up with. His "alone" time which Ice had given him with Epona although he didnt need any, was not so productive. He tried to talk to her but all she did was look at him. Which he himself found uncomfortable....odd. Shewas usually the talkative one but not then. All she wanted was to look and smirk. So he excused himself and went to the library to find it empty and decided it was time for some rest himself.

Epona Rhi
May 25th, 2003, 09:58:13 AM
Getting up from the bed finally, and noticing the pain in her back was almost gone, she dressed in a white gown that madeher look like a princess. 'mmmmm dunno if you 'd make a good one Miss Rhi' She tought to herself in front of the mirror.

Then making her way to the kitchen, she found Royce making something and it smelled good!

"Ahhh you did wake up and come to see what I was making."

He smiled at her and said as he placed a plate of pancakes down in front of her and her mouth watered. She began to pour the syrup over the stack as she answered him.

"Yeah I smelled it cooking, ooooooo I havent had these for awhile!"

"If memory serves correctly miss, it's been almost a week since you really ate anything besides soup. So I figured this would be a surprise for you."

"Oh it IS! You're the best Royce."

"ahhh well I do try."

He said and they both laughed. mmmmmm this was frelling GOOD stuff! She was very much glad she decided to greet the world today. Too bad her friends couldnt enjoy it with her. Then she thought to earlier when Quin had excused himself. He was cute when unbalanced. She chuckled and continued to eat.