PDA

View Full Version : admins and mods

imported_Blade Ice
Mar 13th, 2003, 04:25:16 PM
I Have question and it relates to a character idea I have for bring Blade Ice back to life but I don't know if will be allowed because of one part in it although this part gives no special powers to blade and doesn't advance or modify him in any besides by story line.

So here it goes it’s in a story telling format since that’s how I originally had it posted.

Unknown is a cosmic wonder and has only been sighted a few times he is currently on fasc posing as a slave for Gerbo Lang. Theory is that Unknown is an undying soul and has a direct link with the force. It is also to be believed this man of myth known as Unknown is a warrior from accent times before the knowledge of the force was being spread across the galaxy.

The Myth goes that the man Unknown was a warrior on a planet long dead and forgotten. The warrior had died in battle but as he was becoming one with the force in the after life, there was a great disturbance in the force and it was something so tragic that the soul of the warrior was push back into the realm of the living. The soul had no body so it created one out of pure force energy.

The Myth also says when the soul created this body he also created a mental block on the person memories so not to overload the mind. Also every 100 years or when the body dies the soul has to shed its old body and create a new one, the stage takes a month to complete and towards the end of the stage he walks the universe as unknown his body fully covered until the transformation is complete.

Some say that the soul and the mind work separately in body of the Unknown one. The soul is of the warrior and the mind is of the temple that house the soul but there is also with in this Myth the idea that the mind can outsmart the soul and regain all his memories of past Lives.

Now the part in question is the fact that the body is made out of force energy although that doesn't affect blade in anyway besides with he glowing orange eyes witch is a side effect.

I figured I would ask just to be on the safe side and if theres any questions I'll be happy to answer.

Sean Piett
Mar 13th, 2003, 04:27:57 PM
While it's great that you want to bring back your character, I don't think a 'cosmic power' would be good at all.

imported_Blade Ice
Mar 13th, 2003, 04:35:41 PM
Why he doesn't excel beyond anyone or anything else, he will only have the same powers and capabilities as my character left with Just a newer story line.

ReaperFett
Mar 13th, 2003, 04:39:31 PM
I'm going to basically repeat you, but let me just clear this in my head.

Basically, you are RPing Blade, but is now some celestial thingie. Otherwise from having a healthy Orange glow, he is the same guy as before? No extra powers, knowledge etc?

imported_Blade Ice
Mar 13th, 2003, 04:41:47 PM
Yes exactly, well he will also have all his memories back which if your not familiar with blade ice he suffers from amnesia.

ReaperFett
Mar 13th, 2003, 04:54:35 PM
Well, I dont see a problem.

imported_Blade Ice
Mar 13th, 2003, 04:58:08 PM
Yeah well I best wait to see what other mods and admins think.

Sanis Prent
Mar 13th, 2003, 05:04:44 PM
I'm not sure. The kind of power to create a whole, entirely new body from the force, is a bit off the deep end.

imported_Blade Ice
Mar 13th, 2003, 05:16:34 PM
It may be off the deep end but so are allot of other peoples characters storylines plus according to SW almost everything comes from the force anyway.

Sanis Prent
Mar 13th, 2003, 05:31:28 PM
Yeah, but the kind of power needed to do something like that is up there on Palpatine's level, or beyond.

Darth Turbogeek
Mar 13th, 2003, 06:54:11 PM
Think really the only real acceptible way to bring a character back is cloning.

Sanis Prent
Mar 13th, 2003, 06:56:09 PM
^

What he said.

ReaperFett
Mar 13th, 2003, 06:58:44 PM
Define acceptable though. Cloning is a dull, dull technique compared to doing something more "mystical".

Darth Turbogeek
Mar 13th, 2003, 07:10:02 PM
I dont know if you have noticed, but this is Star Wars. Mystical finger waggling and magics dont apply here. You firmly rooted in the rules of Star wars and that rules state there isnt a mystical comeback option. You either have the POS that was Dark Empire (which was pretty stupid) or you have regular non mystic ways. And even the POS method involved cloning.

You want back, the only acceptible way appears to be cloning. You could do a long lost brother or sibling with similar power of course, but that wont be exactly the same.

Turcyn Rorke
Mar 13th, 2003, 07:18:13 PM
This should be a lesson to all: Don't kill off your character before considering the more terminal consequences of it all.

ReaperFett
Mar 13th, 2003, 07:29:46 PM
I dont know if you have noticed, but this is Star Wars. Mystical finger waggling and magics dont apply here. You firmly rooted in the rules of Star wars and that rules state there isnt a mystical comeback option.
Sith amulets and Sith Alchemy are all "mystic finger waggling".

Darth Turbogeek
Mar 13th, 2003, 07:38:43 PM
And things I have never gotten into and avoid. If others want to use them, that's up to them and their business. I personally think they are a load of bollocks.

ReaperFett
Mar 13th, 2003, 07:40:44 PM
Well thats super, but irellevent.

Also, can I ask, if "this is Star Wars. Mystical finger waggling and magics dont apply here", what do you call Jedi mind tricks and the like?

Sanis Prent
Mar 13th, 2003, 07:44:35 PM
Well, choking somebody with the force uses the full hand, so its technically not that "finger waggling" nonsense. ;)

Darth Turbogeek
Mar 13th, 2003, 08:02:48 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Well thats super, but irellevent.

Also, can I ask, if "this is Star Wars. Mystical finger waggling and magics dont apply here", what do you call Jedi mind tricks and the like?

The Force has limits on what can be done. It may extend your reach or increase your power and speed, or gain you wisdom, but it is not magic. It is not some God or Ultimate Being. It is not demons or deities. You cant spit fireballs out your backside. It's not a spell or a chant. If anything, it's pretty boring if Lucas' crappy midicloridians you go with.

Sanis Prent
Mar 13th, 2003, 08:04:07 PM
cough*Vog'on*cough :angel

Darth Turbogeek
Mar 13th, 2003, 08:08:33 PM
Ummm, the Vog'on have a anti - weapons religion, but they dont have mystical powers. In the end, they are nasty lizards with an affinity in the Dark Side taht makes them faster. If there was mystical crap, that's been dropped a long time ago. there pretty much a straight up and down creature now, just very nasty with an allergic reaction to Gungan energy balls.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 13th, 2003, 08:18:06 PM
I don't see what the problem with "spells and chanting" is anyway. This is Star Wars and my character, Gav, has deeply-rooted religious beliefs from Sith lore and theology which involves ritualistic undertakings which are riddled with such chanting and spells. My reasoning is this, it can be called magic and be treated as such as long as the roleplayer agrees that what is being done is nothing more than using the Force and merely percieving it's use in a primitive way. High priests of the ancient Sith had what they saw as magical powers but were doing nothing more than tapping into the Force. I see chanting and rituals as another way of focusing a character's control of these powers.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 13th, 2003, 08:22:33 PM
On a side note, I agree with Fett, cloning bores the socks of me. It was original at one point; now it enjoys a far too common place amongst the fiction here.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 13th, 2003, 08:43:52 PM
If you do cloning, do it once and be done with it. As for Blade ... I am with Fett ... I don't see a problem with this. Whether you want to accept it or not, there are sw books and rp books that have Sith Magic and Sorcery and objects etc... they are acceptable here and have been used her since the conception of this place.

Since Blade will be bringing back his character with, as Fett said, a healthy orange eye glow, I have no problems. I can equate this to a comic character named Jenny Sparks. She was the physical embodiment of the 20th century. Once the year 2000 came up, she died and was reincarnated as a man and he was the embodiment of the 21st century. Each incarnation had the same powers.

So, Blade is still Blade.. why not?

Also, have to admit, gotta be sure when you want to kill characters.

Tyrn Sairvel
Mar 13th, 2003, 08:54:05 PM
I thought the whole purpose of the Force was for it be undefined leaving Star Wars to be somewhat of a fantasy. Are you really for certain what limitations the Force has? If we're allowed vampires and the lot I don't really see a problem with Blade wanting to bring back his character, he's not really conflicting with any other storylines from what I understood.

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:39:10 PM
High priests of the ancient Sith had what they saw as magical powers but were doing nothing more than tapping into the Force. I see chanting and rituals as another way of focusing a character's control of these powers.

Same as the witches of Dathomir, who were of both light and dark pursuasions, it might be noted.

I am not familiar with how Blade Ice died, but perhaps he could say he just didn't REALLY die. Maybe he was rescued from a certain death by some unknown bystander at the last second and stuck in a bacta tank, or something. Naturally, if he died by guillotine in front of a crowd of thousands, that wouldn't work. But even if it was an obvious death, maybe he could say that whoever killed him actually lied to protect the fact that Blade Ice still lived. For whatever reason.

In my own opinion, I think there isn't any need to invent a cosmic superbeing to bring someone back to life. Cloning has been rehashed to death, but is still a very viable solution if no more clever ones can be found to alleviate the situation.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:45:15 PM
I think Vega killed him. :\

Aurelias Kazaar
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:48:33 PM
Maybe he kept him in a tank and barely alive.

*shrugs* worked for Whistler

Sanis Prent
Mar 14th, 2003, 12:05:27 AM
|I ugh don't remind me...

Kar'h'tzen Shaed
Mar 14th, 2003, 12:13:33 AM
Haha... :)

Miryan no Trunks
Mar 14th, 2003, 01:08:23 AM
Umm.. DT, a while back in the thread with You, Sapphire, and I, weren't DT's mythical swords magically imbued? Might be wrong, but seems to me that they were ¡^_^

Darth Turbogeek
Mar 14th, 2003, 01:46:06 AM
That sword was delibertaly broken and diposed of a year ago. Present one is quite normal.

ReaperFett
Mar 14th, 2003, 03:43:08 AM
Gahhhhhhhh, topless Kirstofferson. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BRING BACK MY NIGHTMARES?????

IG-88
Mar 14th, 2003, 04:30:10 AM
Because we like to hear you scream.

I mean. Um.

Hm.

...Tom-foolish mortal biologicals! How I despise you all. Please rot away quickly and die, and I will outlaw cloning devices as well as supreme mystical beings so that you can not ever ever never ever never come back ever. Any of you. And I will reign supreme! Yes, this is what I MEANT to say, not "because we like to hear you scream". I do apologize for that.

Taylor Millard
Mar 14th, 2003, 07:36:00 AM
A droid apologizing?

Aren't you the wrong droid?

Sene Unty
Mar 14th, 2003, 09:08:36 AM
Originally posted by Navaria Tarkin

Since Blade will be bringing back his character with, as Fett said, a healthy orange eye glow, I have no problems. I can equate this to a comic character named Jenny Sparks. She was the physical embodiment of the 20th century. Once the year 2000 came up, she died and was reincarnated as a man and he was the embodiment of the 21st century. Each incarnation had the same powers.

I love the Authority...one of the best comics ever! :D

As for Blade..I like the idea, and I think it can work in the SW universe fine...

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 14th, 2003, 10:48:00 AM
I hated when they killed Jenny :( Loved that chain smoking, loud mouth swearing, don't mess with me attitude Brit :cry

But, at least she died and made sense

imported_Blade Ice
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:12:34 AM
I decided on this way to go about about blades return before he even died. The main point for him dieing was so he could get his memories back. So I made this idea up I didn't figure there would be a problem with it do to the fact it doesn't advance blade any what so ever all it does is bring him back to life and make his eyes glow orange.

I figured it would work because the force is a big unknown it has capabilities that people don't even know about according to the stories. Also I have that some believe the force is what created the alien races in the first place.

Chaos Alexander
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:48:37 AM
I like the idea myself. More power to ya Blade. If you need any help with the RP I would be glad to help ya out. I look foward to seein' the thread you do it in.