PDA

View Full Version : This young man shows promise (Leten, Kyle, open)

Liu Fong
Mar 13th, 2003, 10:26:50 AM
Liu leads the young boy Leten Snat and his fellow Padawan Kyle Krogen into the Recruitment Center. In order to be sure that Leten can use the Force, Liu will have one of the Masters or Knights question him. And what better place to do it than here, where Leten can be given the option of joining the Jedi's ranks? Liu approaches one of the Jedi working in the Recruitment Center, bowing respectfully.

"A moment of your time?"

Leten Snat
Mar 13th, 2003, 10:38:09 AM
Leten Follows Liu In to the recrutment center, looking around and marviling at everything he can see... He has never seen a place like this...

Sage Hazzard
Mar 14th, 2003, 02:09:54 AM
"You need to ask, Liu?"

Sage smiled, raising from his seat.

"How may I be of service, Padawan?"

Kyle Krogen
Mar 14th, 2003, 07:15:26 PM
Kyle stood next to Liu he turned to look at Leten seeing the amazment in his eyes then he turned to look at Sage.

Liu Fong
Mar 14th, 2003, 10:26:17 PM
Liu presses Leten forward with a small push on the boy's back.

"This young man, Leten Snat, showed great potential in the Force today by creating an illusion. We decided it best if he came here to learn about his gift."

Leten Snat
Mar 15th, 2003, 12:55:05 AM
The 13 year old boy steps forward as he is gently pushed. From his build, it is clear the life has made tough, And his posture is that of street boy, though he seems in great health for a street boy. Leten looks at Sage...

"Umm...Hello."

Sage Hazzard
Mar 19th, 2003, 01:20:31 AM
"Ah..."

Sage hunched slightly to get lower to the 13 year old, trying to not seem scary as any Jedi Master seems at first to a young person.

"Hello Leten, I'm Sage. Can you show me... what you can do?"

Leten Snat
Mar 19th, 2003, 02:55:52 PM
"I really didn't know that I did anything....I was hiding behind the dumpster and the stupid thugs didn't see me....They looked at me almost 20 times but it was as if I was just a window.... I know I have always been lucky, but that gose beond luck."

Liu Fong
Mar 19th, 2003, 05:01:45 PM
"You're totally unaware?" Liu asks. "You cast an illusion, as if you were invisible. That's why they never saw you."

Sage Hazzard
Mar 19th, 2003, 05:51:54 PM
Sage nodded slowly, trying to understand.

"Powerful in the Force you must be, to do such a thing by instict."

The Jedi Master paced. When he got a bit from him, he ignited his sabre and spun around. He wasn't intending to hurt the boy, or even get near him. But perhaps it was instictual apon danger?

Leten Snat
Mar 20th, 2003, 12:18:26 AM
"Ohhh.....But people can't go invisible....unless it's part of their species....Right?"

At this point Sage ignited his sabre and spun around towards leten... Leten's reflexes bring his hands protectivly to his face, well at the same time sending a strong force push at the blade coming at him.

Sage Hazzard
Mar 20th, 2003, 01:47:29 AM
Sage smiled as he allowed his blade to stop on it's path. He disingaged it and placed it back on his belt, not thinking to apologise for the scare.

"Indeed..." He reflected on the event. "You're Jedi material certainly. But do you in your heart wish to join the Jedi cause? A long and hard journey it is..."

Leten Snat
Mar 20th, 2003, 10:17:36 AM
"This is the first day I have been above Floor 100. This is the first day I have seen sunlight. And this is the first Day I've even heard of the Jedi.... All my life I have been told I will always be nothing. That the most I will be is a scavanger hired by one of the gangs to find them things.... Now your trying to tell me that I could be one of these super-powered fighters that even the tough gangs run from? Did I get this right?"

Liu Fong
Mar 20th, 2003, 09:51:24 PM
"That's what it sounded like to me," Liu says calmly.

Sage Hazzard
Mar 21st, 2003, 02:22:55 AM
"Indeed."

Sage smiled.

"The Jedi accept all beings with potential and you have much. It is your choice, if you are willing to commit to the causes. Hard work, pursuit of Justice and Peace, and servitude to others."

Leten Snat
Mar 21st, 2003, 11:15:27 AM
Leten gets a questioning look on his face....

"If I did join....would I be able to go back down into the ungerground and pound on some of the bullies?"

Sage Hazzard
Mar 21st, 2003, 02:38:48 PM
Sage smiled warmly. Though his comments were not Jedi-like, he admired his innocence and youthful outlook on things. In the back of Sage's mind, he knew bullies should be pounded on, though a Jedi should never do that.

"You would be able to go defend the underground, as well as all other planets and sectors. But a Jedi uses the Force to defend, never attack. If these bullies are threatening life and destroying property, a Jedi may be dispatched to access the situation and settle the matter, but with the planned motive to pummel on the perpetrators. And I think that if you did learn with the Jedi, and learned our ways, you'd understand why we feel the way we do."

Kyle Krogen
Mar 21st, 2003, 03:17:07 PM
Kyle steped forward "you see Leten we are defenders not attackers, we don't use these powers to kill but to defend, we keep the peace not cause chaos."

Sage Hazzard
Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:52:29 AM
Sage bowed his head at Kyle, indicating the Padawan spoke with wisdom.

Leten Snat
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:07:59 PM
"well... even if I could get back at them indirectly, that would make me happy....I guess that I could learn this stuff.... Being able to go invisible may come in handy some day."

Sage Hazzard
Mar 23rd, 2003, 12:40:26 AM
"A Jedi does not seek vengance neither. And learning power simply to be able to use it for such a cause is not what we seek either. I'm worried this is all you want of the Jedi, to learn to seek revenge. Do you not seek inner peace and elightenment?"

Leten Snat
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:29:56 PM
"I think you are missunderstanding me....I don't want vengance.... I want to get back at them.... I want to punish them for all the people they are abusing, I want to stop them from hording the food from others and only giving it out when they get something they want. That is not vengance....It's what they deserve....And as for the Inner Peace....I already have it...There is no conflict inside me... I live with my heart and let it guide me."

Sage Hazzard
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:50:02 PM
Sage smiled, nodding. He was already pleading his case. Proof he did want to be a Jedi.

"Excellent. You wish to resolve conflict and mediate chaos. Most admirable."

Perhaps he was putting it more peacefully than what the boy had in mind. Still, he was just a boy, his attitude was normal.

"Then what is your decision?"

Leten Snat
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:59:11 PM
"Well I guess I would like to be a Jedi.... that is if I won't have to live in a box anymore"

Sage Hazzard
Mar 30th, 2003, 01:56:10 AM
"Very well. You'll find food, drink, and good company in the Yog's Bar and Grill. You may also check in, in our Living Quarters, where you'll have a room supplied for you. A Master will be appointed in due time, but until then I ask you be patient. May the Force be with you."

Leten Snat
Mar 30th, 2003, 12:53:28 PM
Leten get a look of delight on his face...

"Thank you Very much Sage!! I can be patient! I hope I won't disapoint you!....."

Leten's expresion changes to a questioning look...

"Umm....Where can I find The Living Quarters and Yog's Bar and Grill....I have never been here before..."

Liu Fong
Mar 30th, 2003, 12:59:39 PM
"I can show you, if you'd like. I'm new, but I already know where most everything is."

Leten Snat
Mar 30th, 2003, 01:11:29 PM
"If you could show me to the Living Quarters, that would be nice."

Liu Fong
Mar 30th, 2003, 01:13:05 PM
"Alright. Follow me then."

Liu walks across the Recruitment Center, moving further into the Jedi compound.

Leten Snat
Mar 31st, 2003, 10:38:07 AM
Leten follows Liu into the Jedi compound, with a look of excitement on his face.