PDA

View Full Version : Random Weather Rant...

Figrin D'an
Mar 13th, 2003, 05:35:27 AM
So, I look out the window just now, and see that it's snowed... yet again... another 1-2 inches it appears. It can't just hit all at once... noooo, it's has to be dinky little precipitation systems that move through in 24 hour intervals, making the roads just that much hazardous every morning... :grumble

At least the plows are out and appear to be keeping up...

Morgan Evanar
Mar 13th, 2003, 06:46:27 AM
Hey, it was 97 degrees down here.

WANT TO TRADE? PLEASE?

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 13th, 2003, 06:52:03 AM
After the longest, driest and hottest summer on record (wanna have days straigth of 110+ F? and a few 120's?), It's now been raining every day this month. And still, the ground was so dry, it's drank every bit of that water up. It's been startlign how the weather has changed - from being so incredibly dry, to rain. No complaints about more rain here tho - the water tables are so low, we still need heaps of rain.

Besdes, after literally a year without rain, standing in a downpour feels great.

Oriadin
Mar 13th, 2003, 07:29:45 AM
Isnt the ground to hard for the water to soak in? I thought that if it rained after long hot periods that there could be the risk of flooding.

I live in the UK, its cold, but its not snowing. Its sunny, but we have enough rain. We complain about the weather all the time but really, its pretty good. We have a good mix of everything, although it does seem we dont get our fair share of sun.

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 13th, 2003, 07:39:25 AM
Yesterday was probably the warmest day we've had up here in a while, ringing in at about 45*F. It was so beautiful out. Of course, it got increasingly gloomy out yesterday and gave us a few raindrops, but now, I look out the window and watch as snow covers the roads. >.<

Sanis Prent
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:13:49 AM
Its absolutely beautiful here. Just amazing :)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:34:03 AM
*hugs for Fig*

I feel your pain! This is the first time in 45 years that I can remember it snowing so many times. Yesterday was a different story. Almost 70 under mostly sunny skies...ahhhhhhhhh :D!!!
Spectacular!! Did we ever need that moral boost!!

Oriadin
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:46:56 AM
Originally posted by Lady Daiquiri
This is the first time in 45 years that I can remember it snowing so many times.

Wo, would that make you the oldest board member!?

Dae Jinn
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:55:48 AM
ORI!!! :headbash Daiq is the youngest board member ;)

We have snow, at least 6" right now, and still snowing. Plus, the snow covers the lovely sheets of ice left from when the last snow melted and refroze. it'll warm up a little, just for a tease, before dipping back down to -20 degrees every night. :x I hate Canada.

Miryan no Trunks
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:29:23 AM
Trade you Dae ^_-

Also in Canada, for the past 7 or 8 years straight, we've maybe had 1 or two half-days of snow all winter, yielding no more than maybe 3 inches Max, and that's Always gone by the next day.

Not so good for a guy who loves snow.

Oh well, guess it's all I can expect, living around raincouver =P

Here right now, it's warm and sunny, with a 50/50 chance of being blown away by the wind. Big wind/snowstorm last night and this morning, with natually, none of the snow the weatherppl called for.

Just rain.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:52:49 AM
Originally posted by Oriadin

I live in the UK, its cold, but its not snowing. Its sunny, but we have enough rain. We complain about the weather all the time but really, its pretty good. We have a good mix of everything, although it does seem we dont get our fair share of sun.

We do get sun - it just isn't warm sun.

Sanis Prent
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:58:07 AM
Alabama gets lots of fun extremes in weather. I've seen it peak around 110 in the summertime, and drop into the negatives in winter. The only constant is that its usually humid down here. We get uber rain, some snow, sleet, ice, etc...and those fun natural disasters like tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, floods, etc. We haven't had an earthquake yet, but I wouldn't rule it out.

AmazonBabe
Mar 13th, 2003, 12:09:32 PM
While Southern CA (and for me living on the coastal regions), we've got verreh nice weather. Not too hot, not too cold, hardly any humidity.

Though today is overcast, which means it might (might) rain in the next couple of days.

Sanis Prent
Mar 13th, 2003, 12:22:48 PM
Its thundering here. Yay.

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:24:18 PM
We've had a few earthquakes up here, but I've either slept through them or just never felt them. o.0

And yay for hilly/windy roads that haven't been plowed! *loves driving in snow.. even though I almost ended up in a ditch and one of my friends did a 180 going down a steep hilly road.*

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Mar 13th, 2003, 03:24:24 PM
*huggles Dae :D

Technically, Ori, Im not 45 yet...will be the end of March but it's close enough to count as 45, yeah. I believe I am the oldest here. lol, I tried talking Mr. Net out of an extra star for that but he wouldnt give me one :cry

Oriadin
Mar 13th, 2003, 04:11:52 PM
Well thats just not on ;)