PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Prime (Gamecube)

Garrett Blade
Mar 13th, 2003, 03:55:50 AM
Dunno about the USA and Japan, but Metroid Prime's official release date in the UK is the 21st of March (next Friday). I reckon I could borrow half the money off my mum and put the rest towards it myself to get it the day it comes out. But should I really get it? I like the look of Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, but if I get that it means an extra £20-£25 for another joypad. Could anybody tell me the pro's and con's of these two games as I don't know THAT much about them. I know what to EXPECT from MK: DA as I've played all the other predecessors. But Metroid Prime is completely new to me and I've no idea what its even about.

Zakatiel Rhinehart
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:44:50 AM
Ok, don't touch the Mortal Kombat game, and BUY Metroid Prime.
I never bought it (Lack of funds at the time) but I have played it, it is Freaking Awesome! Buy it dude! It is one of the Must Have for Gamecube!

Garrett Blade
Mar 14th, 2003, 03:46:33 AM
Fair enough! :)

Pierce Tondry
Mar 14th, 2003, 08:25:28 PM
Although the game Metroid Prime is quite good, my assessment of it is a touch less enthusiastic than Dzym's. I would rate it better than MK, though.

JediBoricua
Mar 15th, 2003, 06:56:51 PM
I have not played MK, but I have Metroid Prime and it is the best GC game I have played.

Buy it! YOu can always rent MK and finish it in a weekend.

Peter McCoy
Apr 10th, 2003, 05:07:09 AM
Well, I've rented Metroid Prime. I've only done the first mission, but I love it already! The levels themselves are unreal! I love the warping effect the charged beam has when you fire it, and the Morph Ball is cool. Oooh - it's just too good. Some kind of jump-jet or booster thingy would have been nice though, you can't jump very high. And you can't run very fast. Still, the Morph Ball makes up for that one I suppose.

I also rented Resident Evil Zero. I'm a big fan of RE anyway and this game rocks! I'm going to take my time and complete it like ten times first, working my way up through the difficulty levels, THEN go for the faster times and higher grades once I know where to go and when to go there to make things go faster. I HAVE to get this Leech Mode unlocked! Sounds kinda like the Hunk/Tofu mission in RE2 but with rewards for actually doing it. Are there any hidden nasties loke "One Tough Zombie" and "Hidden Enemies" like the first Resident Evil on Gamecube?