PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Smart Found Alive!!!

Jinn Fizz
Mar 12th, 2003, 09:14:21 PM
If you don't remember who Elizabeth Smart is, she's the teenager who was kidnapped from her bedroom in Salt Lake City, Utah, 9 months ago.

Stories like this don't usually have the happy ending. But this time, a miracle occurred...Elizabeth was found alive today!

Details here:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&u=/ap/20030313/ap_on_re_us/elizabeth_smart_28

With so much sadness and tragedy in the news lately, what a joy to have such good news hit the airwaves. Welcome home, Elizabeth!!! :crack

JonathanLB
Mar 12th, 2003, 09:52:24 PM
That is really amazing. I thought for sure she was dead.

She's 9 though right? I don't think she's a teenager.

Jinn Fizz
Mar 12th, 2003, 10:25:14 PM
She's 15, it's her little sister who's 9.

JonathanLB
Mar 12th, 2003, 10:55:34 PM
Oh my bad, no wonder why she looks like she has the potential to be hot later.

I didn't say that. You didn't hear me say that. She's just 15. :)

Hey the Olson twins are coming up on the magic number, 18, mmm they are looking good by now! Like a microwave dinner after 4 and a half minutes, only a bit to go before they're ready. haha :D

:angel

Jinn Fizz
Mar 12th, 2003, 11:21:50 PM
:rolleyes

Dae Jinn
Mar 12th, 2003, 11:31:07 PM
That's gross Jon. And bad, considering this girl was just returned after being kidnapped. :mad Try thinking with the head on your shoulders, and not the one between your legs :p

Zeke
Mar 12th, 2003, 11:35:54 PM
JonathanLB, you have been SLAMMED, MOFO! It's great to hear about this girl. Warms me heart a bit to know she's ok.:)

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Mar 12th, 2003, 11:40:58 PM
how the hell could you even say that Jon? The girl was taken for months and had who knows what happened and you're saying stuff like that? what is wrong with you?

JonathanLB
Mar 13th, 2003, 12:15:57 AM
Sheesh, no sense of humor, my gosh.

What is wrong with saying she's a cute little girl? I mean she's just a little girl as far as I'm concerned, and it's a compliment. It would be like me saying, "She's a smart girl," and you saying, "HOW could you say that, she just got home?!" Umm... that makes no sense, you must be crazy to react like that.

No 15-year-old girl is a turn-on, trust me, she looks like she's 12, that's why I thought she wasn't a teenager, but I was just remarking I think she's a cute girl (not in a sick way) and it is good they found her ok and whatnot.

As for the Olson Twins, they're hot now and they want people to know it considering some of the pictures I have seen of them (get your mind out of the gutter, they were fully clothed, lol, sheesh; they just were seductively posed and I was kind of shocked at it).

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Mar 13th, 2003, 12:22:33 AM
it is in poor taste, have some tact.....

Diego Van Derveld
Mar 13th, 2003, 12:22:47 AM
Jon, we all know you want to follow in the footsteps of famous filmmakers such as Woody Allen, but this is ridiculous. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 13th, 2003, 12:23:05 AM
Some things you just simply do not make jokes over. Ever.

Dae Jinn
Mar 13th, 2003, 12:24:28 AM
:lol

Sorry, but the way you phrased it, it sounded sick. And if Jon marries his young asian step-daughter....I will LMAO. :D

JonathanLB
Mar 13th, 2003, 12:30:39 AM
"Jon, we all know you want to follow in the footsteps of famous filmmakers such as Woody Allen, but this is ridiculous."

Hey, it's Roman Polanski, get it right! ;) I don't want to be Allen, lol.

You can make jokes out of everything, so you're wrong. In fact, I think everything should be made a joke because humor is good. It's idiotic to have to act serious about everything when you can instead inject humor into a situation. It's like at a funeral, I mean it's all somber and everything here in the U.S., yet other cultures have celebrations of the person's life.

I'll joke about whatever I want to joke about, but I didn't joke about this girl, anyway, I was very happy to see her alive. I only said she was a pretty young girl. That's my right to say that. Now she's a bit young for me, haha, but that is not the point. Anyway, my dad is 10 years older than my mom. 5 years isn't anything. My future wife could be 10 years old right now. But that doesn't mean I'm going to kindergarten to find her. Ok that'd be like 5th grade, but still.

In fact, I doubt I'd marry a girl who wasn't at least 5 years younger. I don't think I'd even begin to meet any girls seriously until I am maybe 25, and I won't be looking for other 25-year-old girls, nah, going for 20-year-old college girls for sure. If I am 30 and single, a high probability, I'd go for the 20-24 age range undoubtedly.

Dae Jinn
Mar 13th, 2003, 12:40:43 AM
I doubt any girls will be with you with the attitude you have Jon. But that's just one girls opinion.;)

Making a joke of a girl who was stolen from her home in the middle of the night is in bad taste. That kind of humor we can all do with-out.

JonathanLB
Mar 13th, 2003, 12:54:04 AM
Right, haha, whatever. Point to where I made a joke about anything. I didn't joke about her being taken away, which was horrible. I didn't make a joke out of anything. Did you laugh? No. So it obviously wasn't a joke. You people are extremely uptight, go out and have some beers or something, jesus christ.

If I wanted your opinion, I'd have asked for it. But I don't recall doing so. :zzz

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 13th, 2003, 12:56:22 AM
Might be time for a moderator to look this thread over and have a word with someone about trolling

JonathanLB
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:01:43 AM
A troll is someone making one post in a thread and then leaving. I am a frequent poster on this forum.

I wasn't trying to offend anyone in the first place. I think this thread should get back on topic -- they found this young girl who has been missing, which is wonderful. That's what I said all along until the thread was HIJACKED by other posters trying to incite problems and flames that did not need to be introduced into an innocent thread celebrating a good event.

This girl, who was almost certain to be dead, is actually alive. That is a miracle. That's what this thread is about, so get back on topic and stop flaming, stop hijacking, and stop trolling -- that goes for everyone here in this thread. I'm not guilty of anything except defending myself, which is hardly a crime.

Dae Jinn
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:01:53 AM
It's that attitude that will leave you single for a long long time Jon.
You aren't worth arguing with, it's that's all you can come with.

JonathanLB
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:04:22 AM
Does it look to you like I'm out trying to find a date? No. I have work to do here and I'm not interested in distractions.

Your idiotic personal insults have nothing to do with this thread. I think your uptight attitude and rudeness would make it very hard for anyone to want to be friends with you even, let alone date you. Two can play at that game, hun.

Don't throw out personal insults when they aren't relevant to the thread in any way, shape, or form.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:10:13 AM
The WWW gives this as a definition:

troll v.,n. To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames. Derives from the phrase "trolling for newbies"; which in turn comes from mainstream "trolling";, a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is a post that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it.
The following extract is from a broader expansion of the defining comments given above:

In Usenet usage, a "troll" is not a grumpy monster that lives beneath a bridge accosting passers-by, but rather a provocative posting to a newsgroup intended to produce a large volume of frivolous responses. The content of a "troll" posting generally falls into several areas. It may consist of an apparently foolish contradiction of common knowledge, a deliberately offensive insult to the readers of a newsgroup, or a broad request for trivial follow-up postings.
There are three reasons why people troll newsgroups:

People post such messages to get attention, to disrupt newsgroups, and simply to make trouble.
Career trollers tend for the latter two whilst the former is the mark of the clueless newbie and should be ignored

Zeke
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:11:21 AM
Originally posted by JonathanLB I think your uptight attitude and rudeness would make it very hard for anyone to want to be friends with you even, let alone date you.

I would date Dae Dae. ;)But yeah, this is meant to be a happy thread. So let's be happy. :)

Figrin D'an
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:12:14 AM
I'm sure there are many people around here, as well as the topic-starter, that don't appreciate this verbal pissing match. Get this back on topic, please.

Dae Jinn
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:12:29 AM
Fair enough Figgy. Back on topic we go...

JonathanLB
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:17:19 AM
I am sorry for causing a disruption if you think it was intentional. It was not. I was just as glad as anyone when I read this on CNN that she was ok. I was really surprised and remembered hearing about the case back last summer and I really thought for sure she was not going to turn up alive. I've seen many cases like this reported and few end well. This is a great example of one that did.

I didn't want to, and don't want to, distract the intent of this topic.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:17:35 AM
Jon don't say anything else off the topic of this thread, I put a warning on this topic already if I hear any more from you or anybody I will close this thread. Somebody can start another topic on it if they want.

JonathanLB
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:23:02 AM
You just disobeyed your own rule -- that last post was off topic. Please, keep it on topic.

Topic is missing girl found. This is a good thing.

Jinn Fizz
Mar 13th, 2003, 07:53:18 AM
:(

CMJ
Mar 13th, 2003, 03:35:50 PM
Wow, just found this thread. It's an AMAZING thing that this girl was found. Just unreal..missing people never show up after this much time passes. The rule of thumb is definitely if someone is missing more than a matter of days they are deceased.

It's almost a miracle she's alive.

Sean Piett
Mar 13th, 2003, 04:10:30 PM
Huzzah!